CANADA Canada - Toronto, WhtFem, 19-40, under a cement floor, DOD 1949 or prior, May’95

Romulus

Reaction score
1612UFON - Unidentified Female
showImage;jsessionid=WdHhgGvL96hNXwP2dbkGWJ2BYK6mSMLqGTkG7vJthps9mLBy1qx6!-1389255435

Artist's reconstruction.

Date of Discovery: May 18, 1995
Location of Discovery: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Estimated Date of Death: 1949 or prior
State of Remains: Skeletal remains
Cause of Death: Head injuries possibly from being struck with a hammer.

Physical Description
Estimated Age: 19-40 years old
Race: White
Sex: Female
Height: 5'5" to 5'7"
Weight: Unknown
Hair Color: Reddish brown or dark blond to dark brown
Eye Color: Unknown
Distinguishing Marks/Features: An upper dental plate was found with the bones.

Identifiers
Dentals: Unknown
Fingerprints: No
DNA: Yes

Clothing & Personal Items
Clothing: Unknown
Jewelry: Unknown
Additional Personal Items: Unknown

Circumstances of Discovery
During demolition, on May 18, 1995, unidentified female remains were discovered under a cement floor at the former site of Robertson Motors (car dealership) located on 1515 Danforth Avenue in Toronto, Ontario. The cement flooring had been poured in 1949.

Investigating Agency(s)
Agency Name: Toronto Police Service
Agency Contact Person: Unknown
Agency Phone Number: 1-877-934-6363
Agency E-Mail: opp.isb.resolve@opp.ca
Agency Case Number: 95-80618

NCIC Case Number:
NamUs Case Number:
Former Hot Case Number:

Information Source(s)
NCMPUR
Toronto Star, May 20, 24 and 29, 1995
1612UFON

A 97 year old friend had her natural teeth removed when she was 21 and has had plates ever since, because dental costs were so high and many people could not ( and still cant) afford on going dental treatment. My friend would only been 25 years of age back in 1949. To me the image posted looks like someone in their 30s. I wonder if the records of previous owners or companies that leased the property have been checked out?

Neither did I on DN.

However, maybe the provincial polices or RCMP websites will lead to something?

There's also a Canadian database similar to NamUS Home
There are many more cases than on DN.

Last edited:
My problem is time difference. When it's 00:00 in France, it's 18:00 in Ontario

I have pathological phobia of authority figures + ESL (English as Second Language).

Time difference + pathological phobia of authority figures + ESL = I feel very uncomfortable with calling LE.
Canada LE and email are not a lucky combo with me.

However, if there's Crime Stoppers in the area, I can do it.
Guys and gals, do you think that it's an acceptable option?

Or maybe some local can call in?

My problem is time difference. When it's 00:00 in France, it's 18:00 in Ontario

I have pathological phobia of authority figures + ESL (English as Second Language).

Time difference + pathological phobia of authority figures + ESL = I feel very uncomfortable with calling LE.
Canada LE and email are not a lucky combo with me.

However, if there's Crime Stoppers in the area, I can do it.
Guys and gals, do you think that it's an acceptable option?

It is insane because lore has it it is Dorothy and allegedly her husband worked in building the car sales place during the time she disappeared.

But she is ruled out for good.

1st possibility: It is all lore and the public randomly connected 2 cases. Dorothys husband did probably not even work at the site.

2nd possibility: The bone specimen used for DNA is mislabeled. Can happen in archives over the decades.

3rd possibility: Her kids are not her biological kids (but unlikely).

It is insane because lore has it it is Dorothy and allegedly her husband worked in building the car sales place during the time she disappeared.

But she is ruled out for good.

1st possibility: It is all lore and the public randomly connected 2 cases. Dorothys husband did probably not even work at the site.

2nd possibility: The bone specimen used for DNA is mislabeled. Can happen in archives over the decades.

3rd possibility: Her kids are not her biological kids (but unlikely).

I'll go with #1.

Somehow every single before 1950 case in whole North America is thought to be her...tongue in cheek...
I hope they find her but it is more likely she was buried closer to her home...and she was in the middle of a bitter divorce and custody battle with an abusive and violent husband, who "miraculously" gained custody because MJ suddenly disappeared and never showed up for court... I doubt she was brought to Toronto and placed there 4 years after she disappeared. There are quicker and closer ways to get rid of your ex wife...

According to a Facebook entry she's also being looked into as a possible match to Mary Jane Croft Vangilder, who went missing from Ohio in 1945.

Mary Jane Vangilder – The Charley Project

Last edited:
Somehow every single before 1950 case in whole North America is thought to be her...tongue in cheek...
I hope they find her but it is more likely she was buried closer to her home...and she was in the Thof a bitter divorce and custody battle with an abusive and violent husband, who "miraculously" gained custody because MJ suddenly disappeared and never showed up for court... I doubt she was brought to Toronto and placed there 4 years after she disappeared. There are quicker and closer ways to get rid of your ex wife...
There were hardly any custody battles in those days. Men could just leave without paying any maintenance or child support. I think it more likely he was a wife beater and went too far.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kimmers_91
Back