CANADA Canada - Toronto, WhtMale, 25-35, Motorcycle Accident Victim, May'88

Yes, it's gruesome, and the mouth wide open doesn't help. However, I prefer to see the post mortem because I can study the ears, when avail or visible. I find ears to be the best way to initially triage through possible matches.

I still think this guy had just fm worked on the bike and was going for a test drive. Do we know if the brakes or clutch failed, or did they hit gravel?
It would not have been a test drive . I found them at three in the morning.

I was the person that found the two men on the road wrapped around the pole . It was right outside the university of Toronto library at harbord and st George ,,and it was in the middle of the night
Yes it is . My thoughts on this are … the road was wet but it had not been raining. It looked as if it had just been went over by one of those road cleaning machines . I think the driver was probably going too fast ,thought he’d go at a really fast speed as there were no cars at all on that road at that time of the morning, it was between four and five . I think he hit the the wet part and lost control of the bike . If I remember correctly there was no alcohol level on the driver . I do know that the police interviewed the drivers family and they had never seen the passenger before and he was not a known friend .

Last edited:
Yes it is . My thoughts on this are … the road was wet but it had not been raining. It looked as if it had just been went over by one of those road cleaning machines . I think the driver was probably going too fast ,thought he’d go at a really fast speed as there were no cars at all on that road at that time of the morning, it was between three and four . I think he hit the the wet part and lost control of the bike . If I remember correctly there was no alcohol level on the driver . I do know that the police interviewed the drivers family and they had never seen the passenger before and he was not a known friend .
Did you get a sense of the unidentified victim's ethnicity?

I once checked the Toronto Star archives for a motorcycle accident on this day - there are none. There are one or two within a day or so either side of this date, but none on the date specified here and none with the specifics stated here. Wondering if the year or month is incorrect. If so, it will pose a problem for identification. Jmo.
They posted a composite sketch in the Toronto Sun newspaper in hopes of someone identifying him . I found him and they could not have possibly posted a photo of his face , it was not a nice sight . When I found him he was still alive and the police estimated that it literally happened minutes before I came across the accident site . He passed the next day from his injuries.

Did you get a sense of the unidentified victim's ethnicity?
It was hard to tell , trying not to be too graphic here but he was choking on his own blood and laying flat on his back so his face was covered in it . He had dark hair and he was not fair skinned . He had what I’d call a beer belly , he was pretty heavy set . He could not respond to me speaking to him .so I never got to hear his voice .

They posted a composite sketch in the Toronto Sun newspaper in hopes of someone identifying him . I found him and they could not have possibly posted a photo of his face , it was not a nice sight . When I found him he was still alive and the police estimated that it literally happened minutes before I came across the accident site . He passed the next day from his injuries.
I'm so sorry, I know how traumatizing that can be. As horrible as it was, you are clearly a caring person, and it's good that you were there to provide comfort, if only with caring thoughts or prayer.

I'm so sorry, I know how traumatizing that can be. As horrible as it was, you are clearly a caring person, and it's good that you were there to provide comfort, if only with caring thoughts or prayer.
Thank you, it was a very upsetting thing to witness and it always bothered me that no one ever claimed him . The family of the driver had no idea who he was . It was so odd for them to be out on a bike in the middle of the night , actually closer to morning and that the passenger got on a bike without a helmet . It was originally thought that he hitched a ride because you just never see people on bikes without helmets here . Although the helmet did not help the driver neither . But honestly there was not a mark on him . The passenger, that was a different situation.

Thank you, it was a very upsetting thing to witness and it always bothered me that no one ever claimed him . The family of the driver had no idea who he was . It was so odd for them to be out on a bike in the middle of the night , actually closer to morning and that the passenger got on a bike without a helmet . It was originally thought that he hitched a ride because you just never see people on bikes without helmets here . Although the helmet did not help the driver neither . But honestly there was not a mark on him . The passenger, that was a different situation.
Did LE think that he was transient? If so, that would likely explain why no one has claimed him...or....he could be in NAMUS as a missing person, not knowing that he had expired. If they collected DNA, they could now fun a familial DNA search. The technology has come a long way in the past couple years.

Toronto John Doe (May 12, 1988) | Unidentified Wiki | Fandom

VIEW SOURCE

Discovered
May 12, 1988
Unidentified for
33 years
Sex
Male
Race
White
Height
5'7 - 5'8
Weight
209 - 210 pounds
Body condition
Recognizable face
Cause of death
Vehicle accident

Toronto John Doe was a man who died in a motorcycle accident. He was the passenger of a motorcycle when it crashed into a pole. The driver of the motorcycle died as well.

Characteristics
  • Collar-length, brown hair.
  • Blue eyes.
  • A thin moustache.
  • His lower incisors were severely crowded.
  • With the exception of his upper left, all his first molars had amalgam fillings.
  • His hands were rough and calloused.
  • Oil or grease was under his fingernails.
  • His appendix was present.
  • He'd been circumcised.
  • A scar was in his right groin area, possibly from a hernia repair.
  • A dark mole was on the side of his left knee.
Clothing and accessories
  • Gold, chained necklace with a Playboy bunny in the center.
  • Denim, blue Levis jacket in a size 40.
  • An extra large, black t-shirt with a Jack Daniels logo.
  • Black, bikini style underwear in a size large.
  • Denim, blue Great Western Garment Company pants with a size 36" waist and 30" seam.
  • White, sports socks with blue and green stripes.
  • Brown, leather Modella boots with in a size 9 1/2 with worn heels.''

Toronto John Doe (May 12, 1988) | Unidentified Wiki | Fandom

VIEW SOURCE

Discovered
May 12, 1988
Unidentified for
33 years
Sex
Male
Race
White
Height
5'7 - 5'8
Weight
209 - 210 pounds
Body condition
Recognizable face
Cause of death
Vehicle accident

Toronto John Doe was a man who died in a motorcycle accident. He was the passenger of a motorcycle when it crashed into a pole. The driver of the motorcycle died as well.

Characteristics
  • Collar-length, brown hair.
  • Blue eyes.
  • A thin moustache.
  • His lower incisors were severely crowded.
  • With the exception of his upper left, all his first molars had amalgam fillings.
  • His hands were rough and calloused.
  • Oil or grease was under his fingernails.
  • His appendix was present.
  • He'd been circumcised.
  • A scar was in his right groin area, possibly from a hernia repair.
  • A dark mole was on the side of his left knee.
Clothing and accessories
  • Gold, chained necklace with a Playboy bunny in the center.
  • Denim, blue Levis jacket in a size 40.
  • An extra large, black t-shirt with a Jack Daniels logo.
  • Black, bikini style underwear in a size large.
  • Denim, blue Great Western Garment Company pants with a size 36" waist and 30" seam.
  • White, sports socks with blue and green stripes.
  • Brown, leather Modella boots with in a size 9 1/2 with worn heels.''
I am going to go back to my mechanic theory. If he worked the city as a transit mechanic, he may have gotten off work around 1am, and was heading home. The grease under the nails speaks to this. Or, if transient, he may have worked at a local shop and was just passing through town. I still think this is how we will eventually identify him, through that work. OR, he could have been a dock worker, or ship mechanic. (Ships). Now, that makes sense if too....esp. if he came in via ship.

Amateur opinion and speculation

Yes it is
Hello and thank you for chiming in! When looking at the location on a map, Harbord has a kink, which may have come as a surprise while speeding on an otherwise straight road. Did it appear as though they were travelling east or west? Also were there any other possessions not mentioned in the report (like a bag?)

Also, If I can add. Was the drivers family local? Was he buried locally? Cant seem to find anything using the name they gave. Do you remember any articles or coverage of it in the media?

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ateav
Back