CANADA - 'Very weird': Motionless bird floating in air captured on video in B.C.

Excerpts from the above February 23rd article:
Spokesperson with BC Hydro says they have looked into the bird.

We can’t speculate on this one, but we know it would not be possible for our power lines to cause something like this,” says the spokesperson.

Kristina Deane went to the area to investigate after she was sent the video Wednesday afternoon. When she got there, around 4:30 p.m., the feathered animal was gone. (bbm)

Note: 24,295 views 15 Nov 2021 + comments by R 1 year ago:

snipped...
...The Selangor Fire and Rescue Office later explained that the bird was caught in a thin kite string not visible to distant onlookers.

They said in a statement:
‘The bird was trapped in a kite string. We received a report, then attempted to rescue the bird.’

The trapped falcon reportedly broke free after several minutes and flew away without issue.

[so maybe that was also the case in the inital video in the OP...??? fwiw...]

I was going to say it looked like it was caught and hanging on something. You can see it briefly in the video when they pass beneath it - it is sort of folded over onto itself. Poor bird. Impossible to see things like kite strings at that distance on film. Maybe a kite get trapped up there and the person tried to get it down as you would, yanked it and the heavier bit fell off, leaving the invisible string.

Any updates on this? TIA

Well you asked, and it's come around again...this time - with an "explaination"??!! ...i dunno

Snipped...
...A retired tradesman offered a scientific reason for the floating bird.

“It’s stuck in the electromagnetic field of the power lines and the rain,” he said. “Being fairly light the bird looks to be floating because it is. It is, however, dead as a door knob at this point. This is a rare occurrence observed by my trade often enough.”

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back