• Death Penalty is Appropriate in This Case

Votes: 184 50.4%
  • Life in Prison is Appropriate in This Case

Votes: 181 49.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I voted DP for one reason only Susan Smith.
She not only is getting her education in prison,she has a personal ad posted looking for a man, and she contracted a STD in prison by having sex with a guard. She has adjusted well to prison: I will have to go POSTAL if I see this 10 years after KC's sentence.

During my spare time, I enjoy reading, working puzzles, and writing.
"I love rainbows, Mickey Mouse, the beach, the mountains, and waterfalls.
"My favorite color is navy blue and my favorite flower is the daisy.
"I am a Christian and I enjoy attending church.
"I consider myself to be sensitive, caring, and kind-hearted.
"I'm currently serving a life sentence on the charge of murder. I have grown and matured a lot since my incarceration, but I will always hurt for the pain I´ve caused so many, especially my children.
"I hope to receive letters from those who are not judgmental and who are sincere.
"I look forward to hearing from new people and, hopefully, finding new friends.
"May God bless each one of you!
"Please Write Me At:

Susan Smith, Prisoner #221487
Leath Correctional Institution
2809 Airport Rd.
Greenwood SC 29649

Lovely. Are our tax dollars paying for her Valtrex?

Again why? If Caylee had been kidnapped & murdered by a 22 yr old stranger in cold blood, the jury would have no problem with the dp. I think it makes it even more tragic it was her own mother that killed her. If this case doesnt deserve a dp, I dont know what does. I really dont think it should be harder to prosecute because she is a young, pretty girl with the dp on the table. Evil comes in all ages, all races & all walks of life & she is evil . I understand what you & others are saying, I just think it should not matter. I could sentence her in a heart beat to the dp. :furious:

I think killing your own trusting child is worse than killing a stranger, too.

I also disagree with *privileges for the pretty*. IMO if the "accused" was male or toothless, given the same evidence, NOBODY would have ANY doubt. There wouldn't be a bevy of high-profile names knocking each other over to represent ANY penniless male.

Casey almost makes me want to reconsider my DP stance.

Again why? If Caylee had been kidnapped & murdered by a 22 yr old stranger in cold blood, the jury would have no problem with the dp. I think it makes it even more tragic it was her own mother that killed her. If this case doesnt deserve a dp, I dont know what does. I really dont think it should be harder to prosecute because she is a young, pretty girl with the dp on the table. Evil comes in all ages, all races & all walks of life & she is evil . I understand what you & others are saying, I just think it should not matter. I could sentence her in a heart beat to the dp. :furious:
I so agree LeLE! Thsi evil witch killed her sweet baby girl! She was supposed to take care of Caylee, watch over her, nurture and love her. I don't think she ever really did this! It makes me ill to look at photos of a vibrant precious toddler and then read and hear of what actually happened to her. She was put into a garbage bag and discrded like trash! Casey never accepted Caylee as a gift to be taken care of and cherished, she never put her as her # 1 priority, she never put Caylee above herself.
She killed her baby girl and then went happily about her day, went to Blockbuster, cooked for Tone, , lah, lah, lah! You're right LeLe. The fact that she murdered her very own flesh and blood adds to this crime. I want the state to put the dp back... this witch deserves it! She deserves nothing less than what she gave Caylee in her final moments.

I voted NO DP, I think she should live out the rest of her life behind bars. I believe death would be the freedom she does not deserve.

I tend to agree with your statement. I would also like to add that death (for her) is just an easy way out. I much rather see her thrown to the sharks that lives within the prison walls. Slow suffering - night after night, knowing that she will never have her freedom, that she will never shop at Target's or go out partying, knowing that no one will care HOW angry she gets - knowing that she will have to watch her every move in her new home...

I voted no DP. As I have said before, when I was volunteering with the IP, there were four cases here in Va that I worked on where the men had been sentenced to death, but because of a crazy rule called the 21-day rule in Virginia they could not get their evidence back into court to be released and only had their sentences commuted to Life. Each of them, on their own, without having the ability to speak to each other told me on different occasions that if they had known they would still be sitting there years later they wouldn't have signed the papers and would have been executed. Since then I have been convinced that Life is worse than death.

In addition, and I can't believe I can feel something so hateful towards another human being, but in KC's case she has done the unthinkable when it comes to the others she will be housed with. People in prison do not like baby killers. I believe that Life in general population will not only be appropriate, but will also be a shorter sentence than the appeals process that the DP brings and will be our only hope of KC meeting a fate even close to similar to the fate I fear poor Caylee suffered at her hands. I believe it will be a short sentence indeed.

My feeling on the DP for her, is no. I feel she is just too young and that it would completely destroy the surviving family members forever. I might have said yes in another post, I tend to change my mind alot in this case. Sorry if anyone noticed. I do think the Anthony family is also to blame in all this, but I don't think they should have to lose their daughter too, no matter how much of a monster she is. I have little sympathy, believe me, for all parties involved, but I do feel that the DP would fail to serve the victims in this case.

That being said, I do not live or vote in Florida, so it is up to their jury to decide, and what they determine to be appropriate, and, all in all, I will support whatever decision they make.

My feeling on the DP for her, is no. I feel she is just too young and that it would completely destroy the surviving family members forever. I might have said yes in another post, I tend to change my mind alot in this case. Sorry if anyone noticed. I do think the Anthony family is also to blame in all this, but I don't think they should have to lose their daughter too, no matter how much of a monster she is. I have little sympathy, believe me, for all parties involved, but I do feel that the DP would fail to serve the victims in this case.

That being said, I do not live or vote in Florida, so it is up to their jury to decide, and what they determine to be appropriate, and, all in all, I will support whatever decision they make.

I agree the Anthony family is suffering, but at whose hands? Caseys, not mine, not yours, just hers. I promise you if this was a stranger that did this, they would be DEMANDING a fast trial & the DP. I would venture to say CA would probably want to witness it. No one is more important than the victim & that victim is Caylee. I understand how hard that would be for a jury, knowing they have lost a grand child but also a daughter but I would have to do with her what I would do if it were a stranger. I would have to ask myself, what would they REALLY want if it were not their own accused.:furious:

I agree the Anthony family is suffering, but at whose hands? Caseys, not mine, not yours, just hers. I promise you if this was a stranger that did this, they would be DEMANDING a fast trial & the DP. I would venture to say CA would probably want to witness it. No one is more important than the victim & that victim is Caylee. I understand how hard that would be for a jury, knowing they have lost a grand child but also a daughter but I would have to do with her what I would do if it were a stranger. I would have to ask myself, what would they REALLY want if it were not their own accused.:furious:
But that's the whole issue LeLe, it isn't a stranger, it is their own daughter. I think it is a rare person that would want their own child put to death. Even the Hackings wanted their son's life spared in exchange for the truth.
The fact that it is their own daughter accused and not a stranger is what brings a whole new dynamic into this whether we think it should or not. There is no way around that imo.

Although I am not opposed to the death penalty, I chose life because I know KC will hate living in prison.

I am always for the DP. Space on this earth is very limited there is not enough square footage available for people that commit these sort of crimes.

Accidental death is one thing but first degree intentional murder and as hienous as this crime was? I am all for it.

Get rid of the waste and make room for more good people.

Mistake and wrongful convictions do happen and that is the only problem with the DP. If we could avoid mistakes 100% I cannot see why anyone would be against it; except for thier religous reasons perhaps. When I stand in front of the pearly gates I will have me a good conversation about that with the man at the top. I always voice my opinion down here I don't see why that would change up there.

I voted for life because I hope she has a long and tortuous one....plus, they murdered Dahmer in prison, Manson had acid thrown on him, I could go on and on......

I've personally seen what the inmates will do to KC if given the opportunity.....the prison officials do have a duty to protect her, they just don't have to be that good at their job....

I want LWOP as she would eventually be executed with DP, retain some celebrity status as there are not many women on death row and would get her appeal paid for by the state.

I prefer to think of her as a really old demented arthritic infirm woman
who accomplished nothing of value abandoned alone and forgotten.

But that's the whole issue LeLe, it isn't a stranger, it is their own daughter. I think it is a rare person that would want their own child put to death. Even the Hackings wanted their son's life spared in exchange for the truth.
The fact that it is their own daughter accused and not a stranger is what brings a whole new dynamic into this whether we think it should or not. There is no way around that imo.

ITA they don't want Casey put to death, I doubt any parent would.With that line of thinking, why have the DP at all? Every one who has ever been given the DP IS someone's child. For me, as a juror, I would not take into account she is a daughter. I would take into account she was someone's mother & she murdered her child in cold blood. I don't think anything will ease the pain of the Anthony's, be in lwp or dp as the harder part of the pain is just knowing it was YOUR child that did this. Other than self defense or a mentally handicapped person ( not mentally ill, but mentally handicapped) do I believe is sparing the DP.

ITA they don't want Casey put to death, I doubt any parent would.With that line of thinking, why have the DP at all? Every one who has ever been given the DP IS someone's child. For me, as a juror, I would not take into account she is a daughter. I would take into account she was someone's mother & she murdered her child in cold blood. I don't think anything will ease the pain of the Anthony's, be in lwp or dp as the harder part of the pain is just knowing it was YOUR child that did this. Other than self defense or a mentally handicapped person ( not mentally ill, but mentally handicapped) do I believe is sparing the DP.
I do not support the DP at all so i could never serve on a DP case.

I do not support the DP at all so i could never serve on a DP case.

I respect your view against the DP. Just as you do not ever see yourself handing down that sentence, I am VERY pro DP. Surprising isn't it. Perhaps part of it me, being in the south, bible belt & you being in CA. Since nothing would convince to give the DP & nothing would convince me not to, I guess neither of us would make good juror's in this case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther