CASCU Analysis of Crime

The missing piece of skull appears to be at the front and above the eye ridge (an inch or two behind what would be the hairline).

No, I believe that missing piece is on the back right side of her head.

"In the posteroparietal area of this fracture is a roughly rectangular shaped displaced fragment of skull measuring one and three-quarters by one-half inch."

"posteroparietal" = relating to the posterior(back) portion of the parietal lobe of the cerebrum.

"The hemorrhage and the fracture extend posteriorly just past the midline of the occipital area of the skull."

I assume this means the fracture extends just past the middle of her skull in back. Which means the fracture must have been just short of being exactly half of the circumference of her skull. That is an incredible fracture.

Studying the video of that interview was very interesting. Maybe it is just me, but at several points I detected what looked to my eye to be a sense of respect coming from Patsy for Detective Thomas. John Ramsey seemed more bent on bullying his way into the conversation in order to take control.

maybe so,he certainly is worthy of it and I bet she felt that.I think she made the boy scout comment b/c it was said she was flirting with Thomas at one point.So I think her point was to say that she wouldn't have done that...he looked too young.

"Upon reflection of the scalp there is found to be an extensive area of scalp hemorrhage along the right temporoparietal area extending from the orbital ridge, posteriorly all the way to the occipital area."

"At the superior extension of the area of hemorrhage is a linear to comminuted skull fracture which extends from the right occipital to posteroparietal area forward to the right frontal area across the parietal skull."

I have never been able to figure out where the fracture stopped in the front. I wonder if these terms mean the fracture ran to where the temple meets the forehead. If the fracture ran to the eyesocket, you would think he would have said that.

I don't know,all I've ever read is that it extends to the bridge of her nose.

No, I believe that missing piece is on the back right side of her head.

"In the posteroparietal area of this fracture is a roughly rectangular shaped displaced fragment of skull measuring one and three-quarters by one-half inch."

"posteroparietal" = relating to the posterior(back) portion of the parietal lobe of the cerebrum.

"The hemorrhage and the fracture extend posteriorly just past the midline of the occipital area of the skull."

I assume this means the fracture extends just past the middle of her skull in back. Which means the fracture must have been just short of being exactly half of the circumference of her skull. That is an incredible fracture.

Did you look at the photo? It's not the placement of the fracture or hemorrhage I'm wondering about. It's the location of the indentation at the front of the skull and the displacement of that chunk of skull that is missing. It's on the top of her head, toward the front. You can see the eye ridge just to the left of the missing skull section.

The missing chunk is from the back of the head. The fracture traveled from that point towards the occipital (front) area.

"Upon reflection of the scalp there is found to be an extensive area of scalp hemorrhage along the right temporoparietal area extending from the orbital ridge, posteriorly all the way to the occipital area."

"At the superior extension of the area of hemorrhage is a linear to comminuted skull fracture which extends from the right occipital to posteroparietal area forward to the right frontal area across the parietal skull."

I have never been able to figure out where the fracture stopped in the front. I wonder if these terms mean the fracture ran to where the temple meets the forehead. If the fracture ran to the eyesocket, you would think he would have said that.

I don't think it ran all the way to the eye socket, but did run to just above the eye ridge as stated in the autopsy. On the photo, and based on the verbal autopsy report, it appears the displaced part of the skull was toward the front of the skull and to the right of center. Her eye ridge is obvious in the autopsy photo on the left side of the photo.

This length of fracture seems physically impossible unless she also struck the back of her head on something very firm and immobile. It would also seem to say, based on the wording of the autopsy, the physician believed the fracture ran from back to front, thus, suggesting the top-of-the-head wound was a separate incident from whatever cause the fracture that ran from back to front. A fracture in conjunction with the high-velocity wound would create a fracture than ran front to back, not back to front.

In other words, it appears she had two skull wounds that may have happened within seconds of each other. Or, perhaps I'm wrong about this interpretation and the entire skull fractured upon impact to the top of her head.

But, a 7-8 inch fracture suggests a different type impact than the wound on top of her head, which displaced a section of her skull.

She has a displacement wound and a fracture wound. Are they the result of one incident or two?

The missing chunk is from the back of the head. The fracture traveled from that point towards the occipital (front) area.

DeeDee, I'm not being a smarty pants but the occipital bone is in the back. It's a roundish-shaped bone that helps protect the area where the spine and skull attach.

That's the reason for my confusion then. I though "occipital" meant the bone near the eye socket. I've always been unsure of whether that hole was in front or back, it's hard to tell as the top of the skull is shown removed from the body.
And I'd never think you were being a "smarty pants"- especially when you are right! :blushing:

maybe so,he certainly is worthy of it and I bet she felt that.I think she made the boy scout comment b/c it was said she was flirting with Thomas at one point.So I think her point was to say that she wouldn't have done that...he looked too young.
It seems that Patsy was trying to use her attractiveness to influence S. Thomas.

ST, p. 165:

"No longer distraught and disheveled, she was immaculate in a blue suit with white trim over a white sweater, a silver angel pin on her lapel, and gold earrings, watch, and wedding ring, and her perfume reached across the table. She placed a small cup of tea to mark her territory.
It is rare for a woman to go eye-to-eye with a detective, but Patsy was a savvy sophisticate who knew how to work a man, even one with a badge. When I had a question, she would lean so close across that narrow pine table that we were almost in kissing distance, invading my personal space before answering."

DeeDee, I'm not being a smarty pants but the occipital bone is in the back. It's a roundish-shaped bone that helps protect the area where the spine and skull attach.

BOESP,

According to PM/PT the headwound began in the back of the head near the left hear with a piece of skull being dislodged and an ensuing crack that ran 81/2 inches to the bridge of her nose.

It seems that Patsy was trying to use her attractiveness to influence S. Thomas.

ST, p. 165:

"No longer distraught and disheveled, she was immaculate in a blue suit with white trim over a white sweater, a silver angel pin on her lapel, and gold earrings, watch, and wedding ring, and her perfume reached across the table. She placed a small cup of tea to mark her territory.
It is rare for a woman to go eye-to-eye with a detective, but Patsy was a savvy sophisticate who knew how to work a man, even one with a badge. When I had a question, she would lean so close across that narrow pine table that we were almost in kissing distance, invading my personal space before answering."

This is interesting. Patsy addresses this in DOI and says she heard that Thomas said Patsy was coming on to him and she found it disgusting.

Well, as far as I could see when Patsy was with John and Steve Thmas on the LKL show, she was of course very stoned, but she was also trying her wiles on him. She even touches his arm. I believe Steve.

I gleaned from that interview that John was uncomfortable with Patsy especially when she went on about Steve being a young man. Of course John could just have been mad at Steve for saying his wife is a murderess, but he looked miffed when she said he is a young man.

Also, Patsy remained friends with Linda Arndt, even though Linda accuses Patsy's husband of murdering JonBenet.

This is another reason I am drawn to the Patsy did it without John knowing theory. She is too much of a personality to forgive Linda, except if she wanted her help.

That's the reason for my confusion then. I though "occipital" meant the bone near the eye socket. I've always been unsure of whether that hole was in front or back, it's hard to tell as the top of the skull is shown removed from the body.
And I'd never think you were being a "smarty pants"- especially when you are right! :blushing:

that's orbital,easy to get confused with

This is interesting. Patsy addresses this in DOI and says she heard that Thomas said Patsy was coming on to him and she found it disgusting.

Well, as far as I could see when Patsy was with John and Steve Thmas on the LKL show, she was of course very stoned, but she was also trying her wiles on him. She even touches his arm. I believe Steve.

I gleaned from that interview that John was uncomfortable with Patsy especially when she went on about Steve being a young man. Of course John could just have been mad at Steve for saying his wife is a murderess, but he looked miffed when she said he is a young man.

Also, Patsy remained friends with Linda Arndt, even though Linda accuses Patsy's husband of murdering JonBenet.

This is another reason I am drawn to the Patsy did it without John knowing theory. She is too much of a personality to forgive Linda, except if she wanted her help.

it seems she wanted LA to feel sorry for her, it worked,and she used that to her advantage.

ST, p. 165:

and also in PMPT,it was said she cocked her head to the side,something he recognized as flirting from where he was from.

ST, p. 165:

WHOA....so she was in his "bubble"? If anyone stands too close to my daughter, she will say..."UH, you are in my bubble!" LOL

Patsy was trying to seduce Steve with her perfume, huh? She must have thought that she still looked like she did when she was younger. I have never thought that Patsy was attractive, except in her pageant days. Steve's a nice looking man, like he would have any romantic interest in Patsy. She was trying to charm him with her womanly ways...LOL That is TOO funny!

WHOA....so she was in his "bubble"? If anyone stands too close to my daughter, she will say..."UH, you are in my bubble!" LOL

Patsy was trying to seduce Steve with her perfume, huh? She must have thought that she still looked like she did when she was younger. I have never thought that Patsy was attractive, except in her pageant days. Steve's a nice looking man, like he would have any romantic interest in Patsy. She was trying to charm him with her womanly ways...LOL That is TOO funny!

rofl..ain't it?! me too...I had to go back and look for pageant photos of her to figure out why she'd even won...lol.And I even found one of JR w. a beard.ick.She was pretty back then though.She even had on a similar costume to JB's,the one where she was dressed like a Vegas girl.(all are on patsyramsey.com)

rofl..ain't it?! me too...I had to go back and look for pageant photos of her to figure out why she'd even won...lol.And I even found one of JR w. a beard.ick.She was pretty back then though.She even had on a similar costume to JB's,the one where she was dressed like a Vegas girl.(all are on patsyramsey.com)

Patsy had the look of being well groomed and the air of $$$$$ her makeup was flawless She he had presence that everone noticed. She was not invisible...ever

When a person accuses someone of killing their daughter, the usual reaction is one of anger, especially if that person is innocent. But Patsy chooses to put her hand on Steve Thomas' hand and we are not to believe she is trying to in some way seduce him.

Yes, everyone is an idiot but Patsy and John.

P.S. See even little children like their space.

Well, those skull bones ARE hard to keep straight.

What's been published doesn't seem to agree with what seems to be an authentic autopsy photo and the autopsy report, so that doesn't help either.

Anyway, it looks and sounds like two simultaneous (nearly simultaneous) events to me but I've been wrong many, many times about many, many things.:waitasec:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back