Case Review #1: Thread #8: LE Press Conferences & Releases: June 12 2010

"5. Was Kyron in a good mood the morning he disappeared?
He was very excited about his Red Eyed Tree Frog diorama and poster board that he and his dad had been working on. Kyron was very proud of the project because he had done a lot of the diorama himself."

I had no idea that Kaine is the one who helped Kyron with his science project...

"5. Was Kyron in a good mood the morning he disappeared?
He was very excited about his Red Eyed Tree Frog diorama and poster board that he and his dad had been working on. Kyron was very proud of the project because he had done a lot of the diorama himself."

I had no idea that Kaine is the one who helped Kyron with his science project...

Yep. His dad also recently laminated all the letters on the Wall Of Hope.

He expressed how proud he was, the morning that Kyron disappeared, during that time when they fed the cat and talked about what they would be doing after school that day (ice cream and fun times, etc).

So, LE says:

"Kyron was last seen inside the school at 9:00 a.m."
"Terri was the last person to see Kyron."

That means LE has a witness who saw both Kyron & Terri at 9:00 a.m. INSIDE the school. Who is this witness and how do we know that this witness wasn't the last person to see Kyron?
I'm not sure they're talking about TP, because he said he saw Kyron in hall on his way to see a "cool electric" project. He also said he saw TH leave without Kyron. How does LE KNOW that TH was the last person to see Kyron? Pleeeeze, someone I'm getting a headache?? (Oh, speaking of headaches, why when I goggle-image Kyron's classroom does BeanE's avatar come up?)

So, LE says:

"Kyron was last seen inside the school at 9:00 a.m."
"Terri was the last person to see Kyron."

That means LE has a witness who saw both Kyron & Terri at 9:00 a.m. INSIDE the school. Who is this witness and how do we know that this witness wasn't the last person to see Kyron?
I'm not sure they're talking about TP, because he said he saw Kyron in hall on his way to see a "cool electric" project. He also said he saw TH leave without Kyron. How does LE KNOW that TH was the last person to see Kyron? Pleeeeze, someone I'm getting a headache?? (Oh, speaking of headaches, why when I goggle-image Kyron's classroom does BeanE's avatar come up?)

This,I believe, is the " 9:00 a.m. witness " I did not know it was a student. I remember reading it as " a source from the school ". This witness said that they saw Kyron by his classroom door at around 9 a.m. Then LE stopped making reference to this witness. I wondered if they wanted to protect a minor child, and it seems possible. If that is the case, I hope this child is still being watched carefully. IMO

All JMO

Something just occured to me : in one of the last few pressers somewhere,I remember that it was stated that TH was the last known ADULT to see Kyron that morning, at around 8 :45 a.m.... So, the 9 ;00 a.m. witness must indeed be a minor child. That's interesting, and perhaps it does explain why this witness is being protected.... IMO

All JMO

This,I believe, is the " 9:00 a.m. witness " I did not know it was a student. I remember reading it as " a source from the school ". This witness said that they saw Kyron by his classroom door at around 9 a.m. Then LE stopped making reference to this witness. I wondered if they wanted to protect a minor child, and it seems possible. If that is the case, I hope this child is still being watched carefully. IMO

All JMO

9 a.m. Kyron is reportedly seen by a student near the south entrance of the school, according to Sheriff Dan Staton, who says that was the last time the boy was seen. Multnomah County authorities later backtrack on that statement.

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/06/kyron_horman_chronology_of_eve.html

Something just occured to me : in one of the last few pressers somewhere,I remember that it was stated that TH was the last known ADULT to see Kyron that morning, at around 8 :45 a.m.... So, the 9 ;00 a.m. witness must indeed be a minor child. That's interesting, and perhaps it does explain why this witness is being protected.... IMO

All JMO

I've never heard that - adult. Do you know which press conference or which LEO said it?

I've never heard that - adult. Do you know which press conference or which LEO said it?

Here's one place it was reported. I haven't watched the whole *white truck* conference again, but maybe it was there?

Kyron Horman has not been seen since the morning of June 4 when he attended a science fair at Skyline School. No arrests have been made. Terri Horman was the last known adult to have seen the boy.

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/08/terri_moulton_horman_appears_i.html

Yes, it is what Wondering1 has found , very sorry to be posting information without a link... But, it's very interesting IMO. It clears up things IMO

All JMO

All JMO

Here's one place it was reported. I haven't watched the whole *white truck* conference again, but maybe it was there?

Kyron Horman has not been seen since the morning of June 4 when he attended a science fair at Skyline School. No arrests have been made. Terri Horman was the last known adult to have seen the boy.

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/08/terri_moulton_horman_appears_i.html

Okay, so it's just one reporter in one article saying 'adult', not that LE ever said it, or that it was ever said in a press conference.

The opinions and misreporting by the press in this case are phenomenal.

Okay, so it's just one reporter in one article saying 'adult', not that LE ever said it, or that it was ever said in a press conference.

This story actually has two somewhat different versions. The one linked just above this post was updated later on August 25th, and includes the 'last known adult' phrase as well as this :

While authorities have not named a suspect or person of interest, they remain intently focused on Kyron’s stepmother, trying to track her movements June 4, and that of her friend, DeDe Spicher, saying both were unaccounted for during a nearly three-hour overlapping period from about 10:15 a.m. to 1 p.m.

The second version, updated on 8/25 and 8/26, does not include "adult" or the BBM part about overlapping period.

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/08/terri_moulton_horman_creates_s.html
Kyron was last seen June 4 at Skyline School after Terri Horman took him to school. She is the last known person to have seen the boy, telling authorities she saw him walking down the hallway to his class about 8:45 a.m.

There are other differences in the story as well, but a coffee-less person is unable to search for or care about them right now.

Yes, there has been some spotty reporting... But,in this case, the journo could be right...It fits with the 9 ;00 witness story, and also TP's account. One thing,though, IIRC, originally I read that a witness last saw Kyron at about 9 :00 near his classroom, or near his classroom door.

I have read some posts which have wondered how LE could be so sure that TH was the last person to have saeen Kyron. But, perhaps it could be explained like this : TH was the last KNOWN person, ( or adult ) to see Kyron that morning. Emphasis on the word " known " . Then it makes a lot of sense,IMO....

All JMO

No, there are several articles. That's why I said here's *one*. Sorry to be confusing. Who knows if they are just all restating what one article said.

I'm not sure whether the statement was taken from a press conference. It may have been. I know it was mentioned in a thread here around the time it first came out (however, it came out). I tried searching for it, but I stink at searching this site for some reason. Maybe the reference in that earlier thread has a different link.

Yes, there has been some spotty reporting... But,in this case, the journo could be right...It fits with the 9 ;00 witness story, and also TP's account. One thing,though, IIRC, originally I read that a witness last saw Kyron at about 9 :00 near his classroom, or near his classroom door.

I have read some posts which have wondered how LE could be so sure that TH was the last person to have saeen Kyron. But, perhaps it could be explained like this : TH was the last KNOWN person, ( or adult ) to see Kyron that morning. Emphasis on the word " known " . Then it makes a lot of sense,IMO....

All JMO

There's also an interesting comment at this link. Waaay back on June 22nd at 10:49.

http://www.kgw.com/news/Close-friend-of-Horman-condemns-Internet-rumors-96764789.html

No, there are several articles. That's why I said here's *one*. Sorry to be confusing. Who knows if they are just all restating what one article said.

I'm not sure whether the statement was taken from a press conference. It may have been. I know it was mentioned in a thread here around the time it first came out (however, it came out). I tried searching for it, but I stink at searching this site for some reason. Maybe the reference in that earlier thread has a different link.

If LE ever said anywhere that Terri was the last known "adult", please link it in. I can't find it anywhere, on this site, or on the internet. And I'm fairly good at searching.

There's also an interesting comment at this link. Waaay back on June 22nd at 10:49.

http://www.kgw.com/news/Close-friend-of-Horman-condemns-Internet-rumors-96764789.html

TY. I had never seen this before. The most salient point about the " last adult " comment is that it actually makes enormous sense IF one believes that TP and the 9 :00 a.m. witness are telling the truth, and their memories are accurate. The whole thing fits. IMO. Of course,if one believes that both witnesses are fabricating, it's a different story. I tend to believe the accounts of the two witnesses. IMO

All JMO

If LE ever said anywhere that Terri was the last known "adult", please link it in. I can't find it anywhere, on this site, or on the internet. And I'm fairly good at searching.

I think, if LE said it, it would be on tape and not necessarily attributed in the print article -- so hard to google. I'm an excellent internet searcher, but for some reason I haven't got the search functions here to work for me yet. Did you look for the thread here that mentioned it the first time? It was right around the time the articles came out. If those posts were citing to the article and not an interview, then I don't know where the "last known adult" thing came from other than the oregonian, et al.

I work FT, but I'm going to Mexico in a few hours for the weekend. (woohoo!) If I have wireless down there, I may have time to check up on this.

I think, if LE said it, it would be on tape and not necessarily attributed in the print article -- so hard to google. I'm an excellent internet searcher, but for some reason I haven't got the search functions here to work for me yet. Did you look for the thread here that mentioned it the first time? It was right around the time the articles came out. If those posts were citing to the article and not an interview, then I don't know where the "last known adult" thing came from other than the oregonian, et al.

I work FT, but I'm going to Mexico in a few hours for the weekend. (woohoo!) If I have wireless down there, I may have time to check up on this.

Yep I searched WS for it. No links to anything from LE.

O/T - in addition to the WS search function you can search WS using Google. Just put site:websleuths.com in front of your search keywords.

Please take me to Mexico!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anon_
Back