Cases That Haunt You

The Amy Bradley case has forever haunted me. Of course it's easiest to believe that she somehow fell overboard but several people have claimed to see her alive after the fact being held against her will. I do feel that she was alive for some time after she went missing but unfortunately there hasn't been a solid update in years. I don't know how her family ever vacationed again after this happened. So sad. I wish she would be found and the case could get some closure.

George Smith, who fell from the cruise ship deck. That one has always disturbed me.

Kyron Horman. The case captured my attention one afternoon in June, when it happened. I thought he looked adorable; my son looked a lot like him at the time. I was shocked that a kid could be dropped off at school by his stepmother, and some how disappear. Later, the case became really twisted, and now it seems to be at a stand still. I can't get him out of my mind, and it's almost been 5 years.

The Tinsley case is terrifying. They all are. FWIW, I don't think BTK went silent. He had the keys to the crematorium that was used for the animals. He also had access to the drugs they used on the animals to catch them and put them down. He was in charge of maintaining the drug inventory. I read a book written by his assistant, My Boss was the BTK Killer, and she tells how she thinks he did it. She makes some good points. He had a criminal justice degree. He knew better than to confess to any crimes that would give him the death penalty.

Posting this again:

Again, can anyone help me find these cases:

There are 2 cases I want solved and I remember reading them on here-any help with the victim's names would be great. First case was a girl at school who asked to go to the bathroom-she went and was gone a long time. Her best friend kept begging to check on her and finally when she did, it was apparent the other girl had been taken. Second case was a woman who entered her apartment building , but never made it past the entry way-her gold bracelet or just a bracelet was found either in the entry way or the parking lot. It was apparent there had been a struggle. I f anyone has the names of these two women, do tell.

And there is another case-a few years ago, a young woman in Canada went camping with friends. She begged not to be left alone at the camping site. Well, she was left behind and when people came looking for, they found that the tent she had been in was torn open and there was a struggle and no sign of the girl.

If you can help me with these, thanks!

Why do you say it was D.B. Cooper? Wasn't that guy who fled the plane out one night? and never seen again.

Nothing haunts me quite as intensely as Kyron's disappearance. The term "vanished" is often overused, but it's truly as if one moment that little boy physically exsisted and the next he simply didn't anymore. It's chilling and heart-wrenching.

The McStay family murders grate at me like they do many other people, despite the progress being made in solving the case. I recall that before the remains were discovered there was grainy footage of a family entering Mexico that many people believed were the McStays. That still makes my heart sink because there was always the hope that the family had just left everything behind and left the country, and then that hope was so quickly obliterated. I can't imagine what that did to their loved ones.

There is also a story I came across once years ago that I have been trying to research, but I remember only basic information and haven't been able to find names or other useful specifics. What I recall is that in the early-90s there were two young brothers found shot dead after they had been out hiking or something of the sort. The story that went along with the incident is that the boys shot each other, perhaps by accident. Despite there being evidence that it wasn't necessarily even possible for that to have happened, that's where it all just ends. A lot of family members believe that it was the (step?)father of the boys that murdered them both. I believe that man died in the early thousands. It haunts me because those boys were never given a voice, there has never been an answer to why it happened (even when the assumption is that they killed each other.) If anybody has any idea what I'm talking about I would love to know more.

And there is another case-a few years ago, a young woman in Canada went camping with friends. She begged not to be left alone at the camping site. Well, she was left behind and when people came looking for, they found that the tent she had been in was torn open and there was a struggle and no sign of the girl.
If you can help me with these, thanks!

*rsbm* ^^^^

I believe you might be thinking of Madison Scott?:
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...a-Madison-Scott-20-Vanderhoof-B-C-27-May-2011

Really great 48 hours episode about the Highway of Tears with a large portion about Madison:
http://www.cbsnews.com/news/48-hours-explores-the-mysteries-and-murders-along-the-highway-of-tears/

I don't recall the other 2 cases you were asking about but will keep looking! :)

Barbara Bolick - Literally here one minute then gone the next. How can someone fall off a cliff or be attacked by a wild animal without the other person standing 20 feet away hearing anything?

Cindy James - No one knows if Cindy was really being harassed or inventing the whole thing. My answer is: why couldn't it be a bit of both? Perhaps someone was harassing her and she staged some events, like the house-fire, because she felt the police weren't taking her seriously? She was found dead in abandoned warehouse, hogtied and OD'ed on drugs. Police ruled it was an "unknown event", whatever that means.

I have a paperback book somewhere on the Cindy James case.

It was fascinating.

It seems bizarre, but I've seen other cases on the ID Discovery channel where people have harassed themselves. One even got the police to believe it was another teacher at her school who was arrested. I think it was DNA on the stamps or envelopes that finally caught her.

Oh, there are so many it's hard to know where to start.

Well, there's the famous cases that have intrigued everyone--the Jamison family, found deceased in OK and Maura Murray missing from NH.

The two posters above me listed Cindy James, and she's definitely on my list. I read two books on her case and corresponded briefly with her sister, Melanie Hack (who was, at one time, planning on writing a book about Cindy's case). It is such a hard leap to believe she did all of the those things to herself, but she was obviously a very tortured soul.
http://unsolvedmysteries.wikia.com/wiki/Cindy_James

Asha Degree, 9, who went missing from NC in the early morning hours of Valentine's Day 2000. Asha was shy and afraid of the dark. She lived with both parents and a brother, and on the same street as her grandmother and an aunt. Asha was spotted at about 4am by two separate motorists walking, in the rain, along the highway, about one mile from her house.
http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/d/degree_asha.html

Again, can anyone help me find these cases:

There are 2 cases I want solved and I remember reading them on here-any help with the victim's names would be great. First case was a girl at school who asked to go to the bathroom-she went and was gone a long time. Her best friend kept begging to check on her and finally when she did, it was apparent the other girl had been taken. Second case was a woman who entered her apartment building , but never made it past the entry way-her gold bracelet or just a bracelet was found either in the entry way or the parking lot. It was apparent there had been a struggle. I f anyone has the names of these two women, do tell.

I have looked and looked for the first case, as it sounds vaguely familiar. Maybe it is sparking off memories of the Dean Marie Peters case, because I cannot locate anything with your details. http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/p/peters_dean.html
Do you remember any other details? Was a body ever found? Do you remember the decade or her race or a geographic area of the country or what show you saw this on or anything else?

There was a case that 48 hours mystery featured "Playing with fire " about an ex playboy bunny Sandy Bentley who got her bf killed and the boyfriend's friend because of jewelry... Still haven't found the killer/killers.

Lori MCA, thank you for helping! No, it isn't Deanie Peters. The case of the girl who disappeared when at the bathroom was different. It was a regular school day, while I think Deanie disappeared at some kind of school function. No, this girl went to the bathroom and was gone for a long while and her friend felt something was wrong, begged the teacher to let her check on her missing friend the teacher didn't let her till it was too late. I think the victim was white and the case was in the midwest or east coast.
I think it occurred during the 70s or 80s.

Teresa Maria Caseiro, murdered in Willingboro, New Jersey on July 23rd, 1973. I was a classmate and casual friend of Terry's. Her family was moving to Maine, so her parents and her siblings had gone up there to find a house. Her house in Willingboro was on the market. She stayed behind because she had a job that summer and didn't want to miss the opportunity to work. She was spending the nights with a neighbor across the street from her house, but would go home during the day as needed. On the day she was murdered, she had gone over to her home, where her aunt was going to stop and pick her up for work that afternoon. The aunt stopped and honked her horn, but Terry did not come out of the house. The aunt assumed that Terry had walked to work and so, she drove on to work. When she got there, she realized Terry was not there and called to have a relative go over to the house and look for her. The relative (an uncle, I think) walked through the house and didn't see anything amiss, so left. Left that night, the police were called and Terry's disappearance was reported. The next day, Terry's grandfather went back to the house to search for anything odd, and found Terry dead on the floor of the closet in her parent's room. She had been tied up, gagged and stabbed 50 times in the chest and groin area. Her murder was never solved. This has bothered me for most of my life, that Terry never got justice. Does anyone here know of this murder?

Teresa Maria Caseiro, murdered in Willingboro, New Jersey on July 23rd, 1973. I was a classmate and casual friend of Terry's. Her family was moving to Maine, so her parents and her siblings had gone up there to find a house. Her house in Willingboro was on the market. She stayed behind because she had a job that summer and didn't want to miss the opportunity to work. She was spending the nights with a neighbor across the street from her house, but would go home during the day as needed. On the day she was murdered, she had gone over to her home, where her aunt was going to stop and pick her up for work that afternoon. The aunt stopped and honked her horn, but Terry did not come out of the house. The aunt assumed that Terry had walked to work and so, she drove on to work. When she got there, she realized Terry was not there and called to have a relative go over to the house and look for her. The relative (an uncle, I think) walked through the house and didn't see anything amiss, so left. Left that night, the police were called and Terry's disappearance was reported. The next day, Terry's grandfather went back to the house to search for anything odd, and found Terry dead on the floor of the closet in her parent's room. She had been tied up, gagged and stabbed 50 times in the chest and groin area. Her murder was never solved. This has bothered me for most of my life, that Terry never got justice. Does anyone here know of this murder?

No, that's horrifying. Poor Terry. So did her uncle (or whoever went to check on her the first time) just do a quick walk thru, not bothering to look in every room? Or was is it suspected she wasn't dead yet?

No, that's horrifying. Poor Terry. So did her uncle (or whoever went to check on her the first time) just do a quick walk thru, not bothering to look in every room? Or is it suspected she wasn't dead yet?

Thanks for responding Sutton. Yes, her uncle just walked through the house casually at that time, but she was there and went unnoticed. The killer had thrown a comforter over her body and to the uncle it just looked like her parents had left their comforter off their bed and on the floor of their closet. Terry was tiny and, I guess, barely made a bump underneath. They had no reason to suspect anything was amiss, they were just concerned because Terry had always been so responsible so they were very concerned when she wasn't at work. By that night, the alarms had been sounded. I don't know for sure, but get the impression the police did not do a thorough search of her house that night because her grandfather arrived and next day and went through the house carefully and found her on the closet floor in her parent's bedroom. A man was seen arriving at the house the day of the murder and parking in Terry's driveway. The neighbor who witnessed him said Terry came out and met him and they went into the house together. The witness said the man came out about 25 minutes later and got in his car and moved it around the corner, then went back into Terry's house. He was inside for approximately 15 minutes and then left for the final time. This man was never identified that I know of and I still live in the area, so probably would have heard. I wish a cold case squad would take this case and try to solve it. I've visited her grave a few times through the years. I feel bad because her family did move shortly after the murder to Maine, and she was buried here.

Thanks for responding Sutton. Yes, her uncle just walked through the house casually at that time, but she was there and went unnoticed. The killer had thrown a comforter over her body and to the uncle it just looked like her parents had left their comforter off their bed and on the floor of their closet. Terry was tiny and, I guess, barely made a bump underneath. They had no reason to suspect anything was amiss, they were just concerned because Terry had always been so responsible so they were very concerned when she wasn't at work. By that night, the alarms had been sounded. I don't know for sure, but get the impression the police did not do a thorough search of her house that night because her grandfather arrived and next day and went through the house carefully and found her on the closet floor in her parent's bedroom. A man was seen arriving at the house the day of the murder and parking in Terry's driveway. The neighbor who witnessed him said Terry came out and met him and they went into the house together. The witness said the man came out about 25 minutes later and got in his car and moved it around the corner, then went back into Terry's house. He was inside for approximately 15 minutes and then left for the final time. This man was never identified that I know of and I still live in the area, so probably would have heard. I wish a cold case squad would take this case and try to solve it. I've visited her grave a few times through the years. I feel bad because her family did move shortly after the murder to Maine, and she was buried here.

Was the house for sale through a realtor? Could the man seen at the house have been there claiming to be interested in buying it? Was there a For Sale sign in the yard? I see that she was 16.

Was the house for sale through a realtor? Could the man seen at the house have been there claiming to be interested in buying it? Was there a For Sale sign in the yard? I see that she was 16.

Standried, funny you should mention that, yes the house was for sale through an agent and yes, there was a for sale sign in the front yard. There was a lot of speculation that the man might have told Terry he was a real estate agent, or as you suggested, someone interested in the house, because nobody could believe that Terry would let a stranger into the house. In fact, after Terry's murder, Willingboro banned the use of for sale signs in the entire township. That ban stayed on the books for many years, but was lifted at some point. I worked in a local department store the following year, only a few blocks from the neighborhood where Terry was killed and one of our security guys was a moonlighting cop. I talked to him about Terry's murder and he told me that they knew who did it, it was somebody local who was married and had two children, but they didn't had enough evidence to arrest him. I don't know if this was true or not as the guy was kind of a blowhard and I was never sure if he was just blowing smoke, LOL.
The murder occurred the summer between our junior and senior years of high school, I am 59 now and this murder still eats at me. Thank you for commenting!

George Smith..groom overboard on 2005 honeymoon cruise
Haunting, no closure, no body just that blood on the awning.
I still think the attention seeking wife set the entire thing in motion.
JMO

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Monique 9903