Casey and Family Psych Profile #11

I think it stems from CA trying to keep her in this childlike state and trying to control her life. CA knew ICA was a liar and some strange if not disturbing tendencies and was trying to will her or make her be better and keep her sheltered. She got pregnant and dropped out of school and had to grow up quick with no skills IMO because CA did everything for her.
(sounds exactly like my little sister and my parents are raising her two kids now)

Did anyone catch the paragraph in one of the letters to Casey from CA where Cindy actually mentions that she's sad/disappointed that ICA called her jailhouse penpal her BFF? CA wasn't sad that ICA's BFF was an inmate, but rather that ICA's BFF wasn't Cindy!? Weird mother / daughter relationship, IMO.

http://www.wftv.com/news/23080678/detail.html

Did anyone catch the paragraph in one of the letters to Casey from CA where Cindy actually mentions that she's sad/disappointed that ICA called her jailhouse penpal her BFF? CA wasn't sad that ICA's BFF was an inmate, but rather that ICA's BFF wasn't Cindy!? Weird mother / daughter relationship, IMO.

I haven't read that one yet, but I am starting to read CA's letters to ICA. Very interesting. Thanks for the link!

ANALYSIS By Dr. MICHAEL WELNER
June 20, 2011

ABC News Consultant Michael Welner, M.D., one of America's top forensic psychiatrists, looks at the evidence raised in the trial of Casey Anthony, the Florida woman accused of murdering her 2-year-old daughter Caylee. As the defense presents its case, what has been truly revealing of the person we think we see?
What evidence presented so far is most significant to you, based upon your experience with mothers who kill children, and why?
The history of Casey Anthony's inactions and actions is even more significant than her words. Stunning enough that this fully socialized woman from a competently-policed area would not report her child missing for a full month. Compounding the evidence of her detachment are her activities during that time. She was lounging aimlessly with her boyfriend, entering a hot body contest, carousing, and engaged in other remarkably unremarkable activities. That Casey was so unaffected, and relegated Caylee's absence to such a low priority, speaks to how detached she was from her missing child.
http://abcnews.go.com/US/casey-anth...-clues-accused-child-killer/story?id=13881355

I actually am surprised that so little has come out about her life prior to Caylee's birth. You'd think someone would have tried to cash in on the "I knew she was a monster all along" angle or some variant of that. I've also heard speculation that she had some sort of juvie record, but so far no leaks or anything about that, so I tend to doubt it. All in all, it makes me feel better about humanity, but does nothing to satisfy my curiosity.

I think it stems from CA trying to keep her in this childlike state and trying to control her life. CA knew ICA was a liar and some strange if not disturbing tendencies and was trying to will her or make her be better and keep her sheltered. She got pregnant and dropped out of school and had to grow up quick with no skills IMO because CA did everything for her. (sounds exactly like my little sister and my parents are raising her two kids now)

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe ICA flunked and dropped out of school well before she became pregnant. Some have referred to her as a child, even after Caylee was born, but she wasn't; she was 22 when she killed Caylee , meaning she was 19 or 20 when Caylee was born IIRC. She was plenty old enough to be living like an adult and supporting herself and her child.

I don't have any links; I've just formed my own opinion, which is that she was born a sociopath. Most of them are able to keep it under wraps ... little things creep out now & then but family/friends mostly ignore the signs/incidents until something major happens.

I think KC learned how to adapt to societal norms by mimicking the 'good' behaviour she saw around her and her family covered up any incidents in childhood. Apparently sociopaths don't feel empathy but what intrigues me is that they have hate/anger/rage so I wonder how/why they can feel that emotion and not others?

So I'm really interested in understanding too and hope some more information comes out in the near future.

I don't think that's weird that CA would consider ICA as her bff. I'm 26 and my mom and I both consider ourselves Bff's <3 She's the first person I run to with any problems or happy events. Same with her. We talk multiple times a day and she is very involved in both of my children's lives, although not to the point CA was with Caylee because I am married and live in my own house and my Mom respects the boundaries of me being the mother and her being the grandmother and also I suppose she doesn't feel the need that CA did to micromanage because CA could not 100% trust ICA to give Caylee the proper care and attention a child needed.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe ICA flunked and dropped out of school well before she became pregnant. Some have referred to her as a child, even after Caylee was born, but she wasn't; she was 22 when she killed Caylee , meaning she was 19 or 20 when Caylee was born IIRC. She was plenty old enough to be living like an adult and supporting herself and her child.

You are right. The reason ICA did not graduate is because I believe she lacked 1 credit and lied about it until it was too late to make it up, and then she never did make it up once it was discovered. And ICA did get preg. @ 19.

i wonder if she got pregnant on purpose, then concealed it til after it was too late to have an abortion.

There was a poster who talked about some things from a book called"Mommies Little Girl." on another thread. But I cannot find it. But you can find that book on Amazon though. So it may help with some questions you have.

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Mommys-Little-Girl-Anthony-Daughter/dp/0312365144"]Amazon.com: Mommy&#39;s Little Girl: Casey Anthony and her Daughter Caylee&#39;s Tragic Fate (9780312365141): Diane Fanning: Books@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/519RUqIyWkL.@@AMEPARAM@@519RUqIyWkL[/ame]

I actually am surprised that so little has come out about her life prior to Caylee's birth. You'd think someone would have tried to cash in on the "I knew she was a monster all along" angle or some variant of that. I've also heard speculation that she had some sort of juvie record, but so far no leaks or anything about that, so I tend to doubt it. All in all, it makes me feel better about humanity, but does nothing to satisfy my curiosity.

I would bet that the reason we have not heard about it before now is because the cash cow is gonna be fatter after the trial is over. That's when the real $$ is gonna come into play for people's stories. Also, anyone in the family might be waiting out of respect for all fairness in ICA's trial before they spill all the weird, sordid secrets.

I agree that it does make you appreciate the people who haven't tried to cash in on the tragic death of Caylee, but I will admit, if a tell all book is written by someone who really knew ICA and all the details of her past and childhood (weird or not), I will be one of the first to read it.

I think after the trial is over, all is fair game for anyone to cash in on their stories, as it has been 3 years since it happened, the trial will be over, and so many strangers have a vested interest in this case that it's only fair we get to hear the rest of the story. I won't be thinking lowly of anyone trying to sell out afterwards except the DT. They will always disgust me and I have no doubt that they went into this JUST to cash in on their stories after it's over. You couldn't PAY me to read their version of lies.

i wonder if she got pregnant on purpose, then concealed it til after it was too late to have an abortion.

I don't think she would have gotten pregnant on purpose. She was too much of a selfish person and she is SMART. Smart enough to realize what all she would have to give up if she had a child. Not to mention, several people have stated that ICA desperately wanted to give Caylee up for adoption and CA refused.

One more thing. Someone had mentioned on another thread about ICA's ability to mimic people and how they had picked up on the fact that it sounded as if she had a touch of a NY accent in the jailhouse calls/tapes that she copied from Tony L. When I listed to the phone calls today in the Rebuttal, I made sure to pay special attention to that and there is DEFINITELY a hint of an accent. Just goes to show what a good chameleon she is, and I think that is something that would take years to hone.

I'm with you in being surprised at the amazing lack of information we have seen about her growing up. This is especially true when you consider she in still a young adult and her childhood would be relatively fresh in others' minds. I heard an interview with an aunt (don't recall if maternal or paternal) the other night who said she "lost track" of ICA after the age of 9 or 10. She offered nothing about ICA prior to that time. Was she not close to any teachers, coaches, babysitters, anyone? Unfortunately, it is hard to imagine all these people keeping quiet during this time.

My brother lives in the Orlando area and works with a young man who was in high school with her. He said she was "hell on wheels" in high school and very wild. My brother is in law enforcement, not in that jurisdiction, and is sick to death of hearing about KC. Of course he knows she is guilty, and he really does not like to talk about it, but he did share that information with me.

I am intrigued by the question of what her life BEFORE the 31 days was like. We heard CA and GA both say (take it for what THAT'S worth) that she never spent the night away more than a night or two at a time. HUGE RED FLAG that she dropped out of sight for 31 days. HELLO. Anyway, I would love to know what the history of lying, etc was with her. In school. With teammates (I think she did sports)...everything. We heard nothing. I'll bet once the verdict is read, we will get more insight. I hope so.

One thing we also have to remember is that from the people we HAVE heard from, up until the later teenage years, ICA seemed to fly under the radar. She kept good grades in school, was quiet, and seemed to be a good girl. If you look at it from the POV of a sociopath, it wouldn't be too farfetched if that is really the case because she might have had a hard time connecting with other children and did not yet have the social skills and awareness to play people like she did when she was older. So it might have been hard for her to have friends, and she did what she had to do when she was younger to keep everyone placated, just like she appeared to be doing what she should as an adult---working, taking care of her child, etc (even though it was all lies).

I am intrigued by the question of what her life BEFORE the 31 days was like. We heard CA and GA both say (take it for what THAT'S worth) that she never spent the night away more than a night or two at a time. HUGE RED FLAG that she dropped out of sight for 31 days. HELLO. Anyway, I would love to know what the history of lying, etc was with her. In school. With teammates (I think she did sports)...everything. We heard nothing. I'll bet once the verdict is read, we will get more insight. I hope so.

I believe the state had pointed out that CA really kept ICA under her thumb and she really couldn't get out that much other than to "work". But considering she was never working, the million dollar question is what DID she do all those days/hours/weeks. We will probably never know the answer unless people come out of the woodwork and admit to hanging out with her during all those times, because I just cannot see her just driving around with Caylee all day doing nothing. She HAD to have been hanging out with someone.

I don't think that's weird that CA would consider ICA as her bff.

ColdDay,
I know moms and daughters can be very close, but in that letter, it sounded to me like CA was actually jealous and hurt that KC had a peer she considered a Best Friend. A mother/daughter bond should be something more or different than that and a mom should not feel threatened by her daughter having a "best friend" closer to her own age. (At first, I thought CA was mad because KC was bonding with inmates, but I don't think that was it)

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back