Casey Anthony after the trial

Tiffanygrove

Reaction score
Nine years after Casey Anthony’s daughter, Caylee, went missing in Orlando, Casey Anthony was living with Patrick McKenna, the private eye who unearthed the Fuhrman tapes during the O.J. Simpson trial. He was also the lead “investigator” for Casey Anthony’s trial.

In an AP News article, written by Josh Repogle on March 9, 2017, Anthony states: she “can empathize with Simpson.”

Casey Anthony, who was acquitted of her 2-year-old daughter Caylee's 2008 murder, has worked doing online social media searches and other investigative work for renowned private detective Patrick J. McKenna.

Anthony listed her new business as “Case Research & Consulting Services LLC” and cited an effective date of Jan. 1, according to a Florida Division of Corporation filing dated Dec. 14 and obtained by the WKMG.
Casey Anthony Reportedly Launching A Private Investigation Business

Casey Anthony, who was acquitted of her 2-year-old daughter Caylee's 2008 murder, has worked doing online social media searches and other investigative work for renowned private detective Patrick J. McKenna.

Anthony listed her new business as “Case Research & Consulting Services LLC” and cited an effective date of Jan. 1, according to a Florida Division of Corporation filing dated Dec. 14 and obtained by the WKMG.
Casey Anthony Reportedly Launching A Private Investigation Business
I came here to post this. I can't stop SMDH... Who in their right mind would hire this woman?

WESH notes that even though the 34-year-old can't ever get a private investigator's license herself—she's a felon who was convicted of lying to authorities about Caylee's death—there's no law on the books preventing her from doing research and reviewing public records.
Casey Anthony just launched a private investigation firm

Records show Casey Anthony is starting private investigation firm

Casey Anthony files papers to open private investigation firm in Florida

Casey Anthony is starting investigation firm in Florida, records show

Casey Anthony files paperwork to open private eye business in West Palm Beach

I think of Caylee often- how old would she be now? she was what, 3 years old in 2008 when she was murdered- she would be a grown up young lady now getting ready to experience the world. Sadly her so called mother took that life away from her- it makes me ill to see Casey enjoying her life so much- which is exactly what she wanted- a life without a child. She is the happiest she has ever been and I keep asking myself "where is karma?"

I think of Caylee often- how old would she be now? she was what, 3 years old in 2008 when she was murdered- she would be a grown up young lady now getting ready to experience the world. Sadly her so called mother took that life away from her- it makes me ill to see Casey enjoying her life so much- which is exactly what she wanted- a life without a child. She is the happiest she has ever been and I keep asking myself "where is karma?"

Likely, Caylee would go to Prom, visit colleges, and graduate from high school this year.

But someone prevented that.

jmho ymmv lrr

Likely, Caylee would go to Prom, visit colleges, and graduate from high school this year.

But someone prevented that.

jmho ymmv lrr
The worst part is that there is no justice for Caylee while her mother has been rewarded for her hideous crime. She got what she wanted- she was acquitted and she has freedom from being a mother so she can live her "beautiful life'

The documentary aired in the US last year, and is set to come to Crime and Investigation for UK viewers on May 7.

In the docu-series, the mum not only recounts her version of events for the first time, but talks about speculation surrounding her actions after her daughter vanished.

The three-part series called 'Casey Anthony: Where the Truth Lies' is the first time the public hears from her on camera, as she never testified during her trial.

WESH notes that even though the 34-year-old can't ever get a private investigator's license herself—she's a felon who was convicted of lying to authorities about Caylee's death—there's no law on the books preventing her from doing research and reviewing public records.
Casey Anthony just launched a private investigation firm

Records show Casey Anthony is starting private investigation firm

Casey Anthony files papers to open private investigation firm in Florida

Casey Anthony is starting investigation firm in Florida, records show

Casey Anthony files paperwork to open private eye business in West Palm Beach
Were her convictions on lying felonies? I can't remember.

Were her convictions on lying felonies? I can't remember.
On July 5, 2011, the jury found Casey not guilty of first-degree murder, aggravated child abuse, and aggravated manslaughter of a child, but guilty of four misdemeanor counts of providing false information to a law enforcement officer. With credit for time served, she was released on July 17, 2011. bbm

On July 5, 2011, the jury found Casey not guilty of first-degree murder, aggravated child abuse, and aggravated manslaughter of a child, but guilty of four misdemeanor counts of providing false information to a law enforcement officer. With credit for time served, she was released on July 17, 2011. bbm
Thanks. I have honestly forgotten she was convicted of anything.

Florida judge shares new details surrounding Casey Anthony Trial​

Premiered Sep 15, 2023 Florida's Fourth Estate

Over 12 years ago, Casey Anthony walked out of the Orange County jail a free woman. Much of the country watched her murder trial play out on live TV, including the moment the jury found her not guilty, but there were some things happening behind the scenes that you didn't see.

Florida judge shares new details surrounding Casey Anthony Trial​

Premiered Sep 15, 2023 Florida's Fourth Estate

Over 12 years ago, Casey Anthony walked out of the Orange County jail a free woman. Much of the country watched her murder trial play out on live TV, including the moment the jury found her not guilty, but there were some things happening behind the scenes that you didn't see.
Judge Belvin Perry seems like a great guy and surely has a great mind, but I strongly disagree about his assessment of Jose Baez in some respects--- He was right that Baez was a little lacking with providing evidence- he didn't seem to think much of him as an attorney, but gave Baez credit for basically "playing to the jury'-- understanding the makeup of the jury and tailoring his case to them. But I take issue with how Baez presented his case to the jury: without a scintilla of evidence, he accused Casey's father of terrible abuse and that her father had something to do with the death of Caylee- all of this with no evidence. To this day many people believe all of those lies--- Can a judge just stop that kind of presentation by asking "where is your evidence attorney Baez- if you cannot provide evidence I cannot allow this theory to go before a jury"

Judge Belvin Perry seems like a great guy and surely has a great mind, but I strongly disagree about his assessment of Jose Baez in some respects--- He was right that Baez was a little lacking with providing evidence- he didn't seem to think much of him as an attorney, but gave Baez credit for basically "playing to the jury'-- understanding the makeup of the jury and tailoring his case to them. But I take issue with how Baez presented his case to the jury: without a scintilla of evidence, he accused Casey's father of terrible abuse and that her father had something to do with the death of Caylee- all of this with no evidence. To this day many people believe all of those lies--- Can a judge just stop that kind of presentation by asking "where is your evidence attorney Baez- if you cannot provide evidence I cannot allow this theory to go before a jury"
^^bbm

Unfortunately, it's allowed because Opening Statements are not deemed evidence because the attorneys are not witnesses.

Generally, opening statements are often the only times during trial that counsel may directly address the jurors. Although these presentations are not themselves evidence, IMO, I think it becomes an ethical question whether or not counsel intentionally states false theories, facts, and disputes for the jury.

In this case, I don't doubt that CA alleged she was the victim of sexual abuse by her dad but we also know CA and the truth are at best, very estranged friends. MOO

^^bbm

Unfortunately, it's allowed because Opening Statements are not deemed evidence because the attorneys are not witnesses.

Generally, opening statements are often the only times during trial that counsel may directly address the jurors. Although these presentations are not themselves evidence, IMO, I think it becomes an ethical question whether or not counsel intentionally states false theories, facts, and disputes for the jury.

In this case, I don't doubt that CA alleged she was the victim of sexual abuse by her dad but we also know CA and the truth are at best, very estranged friends. MOO
but as the trial proceeded Baez provided no evidence to support his theory presented during opening arguments. Couldn't the judge give an instruction at the end of the trial to the effect that the defense has provided no evidence to support his theory and therefore the jury should not consider what Baez said in opening statement because there was no evidence provided during the trial to support his opening statement.

Just sayin

but as the trial proceeded Baez provided no evidence to support his theory presented during opening arguments. Couldn't the judge give an instruction at the end of the trial to the effect that the defense has provided no evidence to support his theory and therefore the jury should not consider what Baez said in opening statement because there was no evidence provided during the trial to support his opening statement.

Just sayin

Actually, the Prosecution failed to ask for special jury instructions (see MSM link below).

And I also don't recall the prosecution making any objections during the defense's opening!

As the defendant does not need to prove his or her innocence, and the burden is on the government, it follows that either lawyer may choose not to present an opening statement.

As I said before, 'Opening Statements' by attorneys are not evidence (i.e., not required to meet at least 3 legal standards*), but an attorney has an ethical obligation only to believe statements made in their Opening to be true, well-knowing that a criminal defendant doesn't have to prove anything at trial.

And December 2022,-- eleven years after the trial, we have CA still repeating her claim in a new 3 part docuseries (Casey Anthony: Where the Truth Lies) that George was involved in Caylee's death, and also continues to allege that he sexually abused her as a child.

In other words, I think Baez stands by his opening, and that he believed his client. But I also doubt anybody (including Judge Perry) believed the unproven allegations by Baez to be credible, or responsible for CA's acquittal!

I'm not saying I agree with Baez's strategy -- just that he was under no legal burden to prove anything.

When it comes to juror instructions, I also don't think all trial Judges are created equal.

I'm specifically recalling Colorado's Judge Gregory Werner who presided over Letecia Stauch's trial. I honestly found his Juror instructions before Opening Statements to be excellent, as well as his instructions about evidence and witness testimony.

Whether or not Judge Werner's Juror Instructions are memorable because Colorado publishes Model Criminal Jury Instructions, I don't know. Nonetheless, for reference and your convenience, please see the Model Instructions link below on pages 148-150 for Opening Statements and page 157* -- regarding the rules for evidence presented to a jury. MOO

December 2, 2022

[..]

The docuseries marks the first time Anthony has spoken to the media since her shocking acquittal.

In the series, she once again accuses her father of being involved in Caylee's death and alleges he sexually abused her as a child.

Perry called the claims the "same old cr*p", and said they were "not very believable."

Refusing to speculate on what he believes happened, Perry said: "There are plenty of theories as to what happened. The prosecution’s argument of who would ‘make an accident look like a murder’ was compelling.

[..]

Actually, the Prosecution failed to ask for special jury instructions (see MSM link below).

And I also don't recall the prosecution making any objections during the defense's opening!

As the defendant does not need to prove his or her innocence, and the burden is on the government, it follows that either lawyer may choose not to present an opening statement.

As I said before, 'Opening Statements' by attorneys are not evidence (i.e., not required to meet at least 3 legal standards*), but an attorney has an ethical obligation only to believe statements made in their Opening to be true, well-knowing that a criminal defendant doesn't have to prove anything at trial.

And December 2022,-- eleven years after the trial, we have CA still repeating her claim in a new 3 part docuseries (Casey Anthony: Where the Truth Lies) that George was involved in Caylee's death, and also continues to allege that he sexually abused her as a child.

In other words, I think Baez stands by his opening, and that he believed his client. But I also doubt anybody (including Judge Perry) believed the unproven allegations by Baez to be credible, or responsible for CA's acquittal!

I'm not saying I agree with Baez's strategy -- just that he was under no legal burden to prove anything.

When it comes to juror instructions, I also don't think all trial Judges are created equal.

I'm specifically recalling Colorado's Judge Gregory Werner who presided over Letecia Stauch's trial. I honestly found his Juror instructions before Opening Statements to be excellent, as well as his instructions about evidence and witness testimony.

Whether or not Judge Werner's Juror Instructions are memorable because Colorado publishes Model Criminal Jury Instructions, I don't know. Nonetheless, for reference and your convenience, please see the Model Instructions link below on pages 148-150 for Opening Statements and page 157* -- regarding the rules for evidence presented to a jury. MOO

December 2, 2022

[..]

The docuseries marks the first time Anthony has spoken to the media since her shocking acquittal.

In the series, she once again accuses her father of being involved in Caylee's death and alleges he sexually abused her as a child.

Perry called the claims the "same old cr*p", and said they were "not very believable."

Refusing to speculate on what he believes happened, Perry said: "There are plenty of theories as to what happened. The prosecution’s argument of who would ‘make an accident look like a murder’ was compelling.

[..]

In your opinion why was Casey Anthony acquitted?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OccasionalMallard
Back