Casey Anthony Deposition FILED 2.25.2014

I so agree! I couldn't care less what happens to OJ- his karma has already started creeping up on him. But I hope for the day when I read that someone has locked her in the trunk of their car, and when she has rotted enough to stink, dumped her in a swamp...

I agree and they could also wrap duct tape around her head so she can slowly suffocate! Maybe even duct tape her hands together as well as her feet!
But never would I want anyone to stick a heart on her.

Just a reminder that this is not a real threat on her life and should never be construed as such. It is just expressing our thoughts that FCA should be treated as well as she had treated Caylee.

Here's the link to the video I watched from July 25th...
Casey Anthony - George and Cindy Jail Visit - YouTube
8:47 Casey states that Lee is going to make a statement to the media
9:59 Cindy says that she is, "...in front of the cameras all the time what message shall I give the media...."
15:19 Casey says, "...keep talking to the media..."

I didn't re-listen to the July 30th video, but from my notes Casey says that you guys and Lee may speak for me....

In the 30th video she also gushes about what wonderful parents Cindy and George are and they should, "keep doing what they are doing," and "You're doing such a great job."

Sure seems to me that she gave her parents to speak to the media...

I can't believe that she continues with the charade 3 weeks later....and to this day...:twocents::banghead:

Thankyou. In case they haven't seen it, I just emailed a copy to them. :seeya:

KC is claiming the fifth for this coming civil trial. She does not want to answer certain questions regarding her pointing the finger at ZG. jmo

From what I have read, that does not apply to civil cases. I may be mistaken. I did come across something interesting reading comments at the Orlando Sentinal article on this. Sje cannot be tried again for the murder of Caylee, unless they find jury tampering occured. Is it possible that this is being investigated?

I agree.
But I wonder if Mason can file to have it sealed, because he filed a Notice of Appearance ONLY to attend the depo -- no other legal filings in the bankruptcy case.
I wonder if her sole surviving bankruptcy attorney, Schrader, would have to file the Motion to seal it?

We saw a few Hearings before the trial where Casey's team wanted to seal something or other, and the attorney for the media/Orlando Sentinel spoke at a Hearing, telling the Judge why it should NOT be sealed, and would not overcome the Florida Sunshine Laws.

There has to be a good LEGAL reason to seal - not just "because".

Also, with the transcript of the October 8, 2011 deposition, where Judge Munyon allowed her to be in disguise and over video for the deposition, the Judge sealed the VIDEO of the deposition, but allowed the TRANSCRIPT of the deposition to be filed and available to the public.

DEPO – pled 5th (60) times – in disguise – on video
w/ Charles Greene and Andrew Chmelir
October 8, 2011

http://www.forthepeople.com/media/pdf/casey-anthony/caseyanthony.pdf

51 page transcript

Here is the Motion to Compel answers for that 2011 deposition

http://cnninsession.files.wordpress.com/2011/12/gonzalez-v-casey-anthony-motion-to-compel.pdf

35 page Motion to Compel filed Nov 4, 2011, from Oct 8, 2011 Deposition
includes the TRANSCRIPT of the Deposition

Atty Charles Greene instructed her not to answer

page 5 – The Fourth District has vehemently condemned the practice of instructing a witness not to answer deposition questions, a tactic it considers to be a breach of the standards of professionalism:

[The witness] indeed should have answered, and the arrogance of the defense attorney in instructing the witness not to answer is without legal justification. Nowhere in the Florida Rules of Civil Procedure is there a provision that states that an attorney may instruct a witness not to answer a question.

V. Privilege Cannot Be Invoked By Counsel.
The privilege to invoke the Fifth Amendment to the United States Constitution is considered so personal that it cannot be invoked by counsel. Not once during the court of Anthony’s deposition, did ANTHONY invoke her Fifth Amendment privilege. Instead, Mr. Greene acting as counsel on behalf of ANTHONY took it upon himself to invoke the Defendant’s Fifth Amendment privilege, despite protest from Plaintiff’s counsel questioning his right to do so.

BBM It's this kind of treatment going back to 2011 with the acquittal, the special treatment by probation, allowing her to declare bankruptcy despite the obvious fact that she is living off SOMEONE that has made her even worse.

I wonder if she wore a disguise this time. I was insulted that she wore a Phillies cap last time.

From what I have read, that does not apply to civil cases. I may be mistaken. I did come across something interesting reading comments at the Orlando Sentinal article on this. Sje cannot be tried again for the murder of Caylee, unless they find jury tampering occured. Is it possible that this is being investigated?

I'm thinking if she answers these questions truthfully she will lose this case for sure so she is hiding behind the fifth. I do think the judge will make her answer the questions because statutes have just about run out on anything she might reveal. I'm not sure what the time limit is on improper disposal of a body, or anything else that might come out. Is Kronk's case against her still active? jmo

KC is claiming the fifth for this coming civil trial. She does not want to answer certain questions regarding her pointing the finger at ZG. jmo

But the questions that Mason said she was taking the 5th on had to deal with Caylee, not Zany (if I remember correctly, and I admit I may not be since I was rolling my eyes to the point of having the read things more than once). That's why I didn't understand why they were pulling that stunt. I would love for the judge to make her answer all of the questions instead of the BS she and Mason pulled.

Matthew Crisp is the person she knew who was a Leasing Manager at Crane's Landing..
I did hear, as rumour/theory, the connection to a Sawgrass Leasing agent but I don't rememberr any proof to back up this rumour/theory.

http://www.acandyrose.com/casey_anth...ays-061908.htm

Matthew Crisp:
07/17/08 Interview Text
Matthew Crisp, leasing agent for Cranes Landing Apts said Casey contacted him earlier this day looking for an apartment for Tony Lazarro. Matthew said both Lazarro and Casey came to see the apartment but Casey didn't have her ID so he could only show it to Tony but not Case

My theory is that she went with Tony to see the apartment that day, but then on another day she went alone looking at other apartments - being the good girlfriend and desperate to find "them" an apartment. You know in her head she pictured herself the good girlfriend/wife (like how she cooked and bought grocerys for Tony and friends). I believe she walked into Sawgrass to look at an apartment and perhaps the leasing agent was busy with someone else and Casey glanced at the sign in sheet. Then left, never looking at the apartment. She kept that name in her head.

I have looked at apartments where (especially on a Saturday) the leasing agent will be so busy, you have to sit and wait until they can get to you. It is very plausible sneaky Casey sat down and read the sign in sheet ... then did not put her own name on the sheet. Left before she had to hand over her drivers license to look at the apartment.

But the questions that Mason said she was taking the 5th on had to deal with Caylee, not Zany (if I remember correctly, and I admit I may not be since I was rolling my eyes to the point of having the read things more than once). That's why I didn't understand why they were pulling that stunt. I would love for the judge to make her answer all of the questions instead of the BS she and Mason pulled.

The questions Mitnik is asking KC about Caylee directly affects the outcome of the civil case. If she still has other civil lawsuits to deal with, such as Kronk, she will not answer those questions unless she is told she has to by the judge. Even then who knows if she will answer them truthfully. jmo

My theory is that she went with Tony to see the apartment that day, but then on another day she went alone looking at other apartments - being the good girlfriend and desperate to find "them" an apartment. You know in her head she pictured herself the good girlfriend/wife (like how she cooked and bought grocerys for Tony and friends). I believe she walked into Sawgrass to look at an apartment and perhaps the leasing agent was busy with someone else and Casey glanced at the sign in sheet. Then left, never looking at the apartment. She kept that name in her head.

I have looked at apartments where (especially on a Saturday) the leasing agent will be so busy, you have to sit and wait until they can get to you. It is very plausible sneaky Casey sat down and read the sign in sheet ... then did not put her own name on the sheet. Left before she had to hand over her drivers license to look at the apartment.

One thing's for sure. It wasn't just a coincidence...

Can someone explain to me why Cheney kept saying that Casey would not answer some of the questions because of the 5th amendment? It isn't as if there can be another trial for Caylee's murder, so why in the heck did they feel the need to say that?

IMO...they are trying to protect her from saying something under oath that MAY bring NEW criminal charges against her.

She can invoke the 5th Amendment in a Civil Case....in a Civil case her lawyers should know the limitations of the privilege.
In this depo, the lawyer counselling her is Criminal Defense Attorney Cheney Mason, and I question if he is well versed in the limitations and ramifications of invoking the 5th in Civil proceedings. Unless of course, IMO, what they are trying to protect is worth the ramifications in the civil proceedings.

Here is a good article from the American Bar Association regarding invoking the 5th in Civil Proceedings..

http://apps.americanbar.org/buslaw/blt/blt00may-shield.html
Taking the 5th
How to pierce the testamonial shield

"In counseling the individual who considers invoking the privilege, it is important for counsel to understand the limitations of the privilege, and the prerequisites for its invocation, in order to properly advise the client who considers relying on its protection. The client should be cautioned not to assume that the Fifth Amendment is a "magic phrase," automatically protecting the witness or party from all possible adverse consequences.

The Fifth Amendment to the Constitution actually says:

No person shall be held to answer for a capital, or otherwise infamous crime, unless on a presentment or indictment of a grand jury, except in cases arising in the land or naval forces, or in the militia, when in actual service in time of war or public danger; nor shall any person be subject for the same offence to be twice put in jeopardy of life or limb; nor shall be compelled in any criminal case to be a witness against himself, nor be deprived of life, liberty or property, without due process of law; nor shall private property be taken for public use, without just compensation.

(Emphasis added.) Because the privilege "can be asserted in any proceeding, civil or criminal, administrative or judicial, investigatory or adjudicatory," Kastigar v. United States, 406 U.S. 441, 445 (1972), the lawyer who has not navigated these particular legal waters before — and this may include most of those practicing in the civil arena — may fear (or trust) that the very invocation of the privilege will foreclose all further questioning, on any subject.

Preparation for invocation of the privilege does not need to end the deposition, or mean that the witness is of no value to your case. Deposing counsel who has anticipated the possible invocation of the Fifth Amendment should be prepared, at the first utterance, to start certain inquiries, the responses to which will either cause the deponent to decide to answer substantive questions, or lay the groundwork for later helpful use of the transcript.

The questions Mitnik is asking KC about Caylee directly affects the outcome of the civil case. If she still has other civil lawsuits to deal with, such as Kronk, she will not answer those questions unless she is told she has to by the judge. Even then who knows if she will answer them truthfully. jmo

Good thinking Lambchop
I had forgotten about Kronk's civil lawsuit...

CBM

Your honor, I object. It is obvious Mrs. Anthony has nothing in her head.

My opinion is that JB and CM pulled some dirty tricks that, it were uncovered, could lead to stiff sanctions by the bar. Also, it could just be that if she admits the kid drowned, then all of the stuff she said from the end of the 31 days to police were known lies. That would make it obvious that she intended to blame someone else.

:floorlaugh::floorlaugh: to the first sentence

To the 2nd, yes possibly..but I believe Baez made sure to cover his derriere

BBM
I doubt it..

BTW...which article in the OS?

I've only read a third of the deposition. On page 35 she refers to Dante as her friend from sawgrass and Annie as his roommate. It was actually the other way around.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Was rthis deposition by video or in person ?

I've only read a third of the deposition. On page 35 she refers to Dante as her friend from sawgrass and Annie as his roommate. It was actually the other way around.

So nice of her to always remember the males...

True..
He is a member here and we have threads where he came on to "clear the air"
IIRC he said she only visited his apartment (21#) during the time when Annie lived there.

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=71693"]Cliff notes- Dante S. Speaks - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

One thing's for sure. It wasn't just a coincidence...

Can you remind me, had anyone outside the Anthony's heard of Zanny, and if so did they only know her as Zanny or did any of them ever hear the name Zenaida before Caylee went 'missing'? Here's where I'm going, maybe Casey only named the nanny after seeing the name on that sheet and started to weave in her 'kidnap' story that day based around the name going with her usual 'grain of truth' approach to telling whopping lies. She also knew that apartment was empty too right?

I mean you can't take Cindy's word that she heard the full name Zenaida Fernandez-Gonzales before Caylee went 'missing'.

Can you remind me, had anyone outside the Anthony's heard of Zanny, and if so did they only know her as Zanny or did any of them ever hear the name Zenaida before Caylee went 'missing'? Here's where I'm going, maybe Casey only named the nanny after seeing the name on that sheet and started to weave in her 'kidnap' story that day based around the name going with her usual 'grain of truth' approach to telling whopping lies. She also knew that apartment was empty too right?

I mean you can't take Cindy's word that she heard the full name Zenaida Fernandez-Gonzales before Caylee went 'missing'.

IIRC, she referred to her as Zanny to her friends...I believe she said Zanny in Text messages as well...but will have to go look for those...

In regards to Apartment 210 being empty....I have seen no proof that she knew apartment 210 was empty or proof that ties Casey to Sawgrass and the guest card...IF I am wrong I would appreciate someone showing me the proof I have missed.

Mabe it's just me...and I am alone on this one, but IMO it's all :rumor: and speculation and I have yet to fit the pieces together with evidence...of course I would like too.

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=71693"]Cliff notes- Dante S. Speaks - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

Casey has demonstrated that her stories are a mixture of the truth and lies....Dante's former apt number was only 1 digit different,he lived at 21#( not sure if I can post the complete apartment number)

Based on testimony of (former) friends Casey did go to Sawgrass in 2006/2007 to visit her friend Annie during the time Annie was living with Dante S.
Dante S has stated that it is a gated complex and you need an access code to enter and they had changed the access code to the gate...

I do believe Zenaida was harmed by Casey Anthony's words and has the right to bring a lawsuit against her.

Need to check Jesse Grund's interview to see if Casey told him and/or his dad the name Zany. I can't remember if she said the name or just said she found a nanny.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cindy88
Back