Casey Anthony General Discussion Thread #155

Status
Not open for further replies.
i know i'm behind, but i just watched the video of cindy banging the no trespassing signs..

idk, it just made me soo sad :(

Litig8r I as well call western district,that is my local police department not 911 when I need the police.

Thread closed on me...

Regarding 911 useage - what I was trying to say is that in my experience, LE departments have a main phone number that is generally used for non-emergencies. You can aquire LE assistance this way without clogging up 911 lines or dispatch. A heart attack victim may lose their life if the dispatchers are all tied up with "my daughter needs to be arrested" calls. I'm sure it depends on where you live (I live in a major metropolitan area) but I base my opinions on three facts: Mr. Litig8r is a firefighter who responds to real emergencies (and "my knee hurts" calls). My sister is a former 911 dispatch operator, and my brother-in-law is LE - all three in different cities. The three of us have had the 911 conversation, and we all tend to agree. I would think it's appropriate to call 911 to report a crime in progress, but not necessarily for something that has already happened (days or weeks ago). I've called myself to report drunk drivers, or children not in car seats. If you call your LE and they tell you to call 911, so be it. As I said, I suppose it depends on where you are the the policies of that area. I just hope no one comes to my city and calls 911 because their "daughter needs to be arrested" when Mr. Litig8r is having a heart attack! Make sense?

I understand that's the way it is in your general area but MY police department tells me to hang up and call 911 for the same types of calls you said Cindy shouldn't be making. It depends on the department. In my area each city police department has an administration only line and about 10 cities share one dispatch center. In my city, the ONLY way to get a police officer to respond for any reason is via 911.

Are any of the family members (George, Cindy, Lee) participating in today's search?

Perhaps JB would advise that anything they find can incriminate their daughter, they don't want to be out there considering last night's hooplah, etc.

But if it was my granddaughter or niece they were looking for, I'd be out there leading the pack and to heck with whoever told me to stay home. But that's just me ya know...

Sometimes LE and the searchers tell the family not to participate, especially when they are being hounded by the media the way the Anthony's are. The way ot was explained to me, was because it has happened in the past that reporters have trampled evidenace while trying to keep up with the best shots.

~snip~I was under the assumption that 911 is to ask for police assistance??

There are emergency and non-emergency police numbers...911 isn't meant for all police needs. It's meant for situations that are urgent and require an immediate response (a fire, heart attack, home invasion, etc). Think of it this way, like the difference between your doctor's office and the hospital er....some things can wait and some things can't wait.

We are not discussing this here as this is a 12 year-old child. There is lots of info out there via google.

New member here. After surfing the net for any and all information I could get, I found this site and it's my new addiction.
I'm toally addicted to Websleuths now....so addicted that we're on a 5 hour drive to my mother's and here I am reading this site on the laptop...lol.
Thankfully, hubby is doing the driving. Him and the kiddos are playing "I spy"

Thanks to all you sleuthers for all your thoughts and insights into this case!

Welcome. There must be at least 5 hours' worth of reading to keep you busy.

Gustav projected to be Cat 4 at landfall, after achieving Cat 5 status. Projected windfield south of expected landfall:

windfieldag9.jpg

What do you think?

Yeah, I know. But I was holding out for at least Lee.

George is busy fertilizing and Cindy would be too busy bleaching everything they picked up (it might be icky!).

I guess I should resign myself that if it's "normal", this whole famiy is going to run screaming from it with their hands over their ears and do the opposite. Sheesh!

Are any of the family members (George, Cindy, Lee) participating in today's search?
I thought Cindy said, in her lambast to the reporters in front of her house, that she was ONLY hiring the search team to satisfy the "maggots" (media) who are insisting they search around? I thought that slip was telling.

There are emergency and non-emergency police numbers...911 isn't meant for all police needs. It's meant for situations that are urgent and require an immediate response (a fire, heart attack, home invasion, etc). Think of it this way, like the difference between your doctor's office and the hospital er....some things can wait and some things can't.

Diamond - thanks for saying in about two sentences what it took me about 50 to say. Lol. Thanks for translating litig8r talk! :)

I do understand it may differ per city, it's just never happened to be different anywhere I've ever lived - and I've lived lots of places.

George is busy fertilizing and Cindy would be too busy bleaching everything they picked up (it might be icky!).

I guess I should resign myself that if it's "normal", this whole famiy is going to run screaming from it with their hands over their ears and do the opposite. Sheesh!

Maybe they are keeping as busy as possible to avoid thinking about the facts of this case as presented so far?

I thought Cindy said, in her lambast to the reporters in front of her house, that she was ONLY hiring the search team to satisfy the "maggots" (media) who are insisting they search around? I thought that slip was telling.
Wait - are you sure that's what she said? That goes against everything she's said before - her whole mantra is that she's frustrated because she thinks no one is looking for Caylee.

If TES was searching inside of everyone's home then maybe the Anthony's would go with them, but TES is not looking in people's homes. :(

O/T My area of Florida (Gulf Coast side) is getting hit hard with rain. If I lose my computer with all the uploads waiting I will FREAK OUT! :eek: :eek:

Oh no, that would not be good! Your uploads and updates are so helpful! (Thank you btw, they are SO appreciated!!) I will say a little prayer for you right now that you don't lose all that work!

BE SAFE!! :blowkiss:

Thread closed on me...

Regarding 911 useage - what I was trying to say is that in my experience, LE departments have a main phone number that is generally used for non-emergencies. You can aquire LE assistance this way without clogging up 911 lines or dispatch. A heart attack victim may lose their life if the dispatchers are all tied up with "my daughter needs to be arrested" calls. I'm sure it depends on where you live (I live in a major metropolitan area) but I base my opinions on three facts: Mr. Litig8r is a firefighter who responds to real emergencies (and "my knee hurts" calls). My sister is a former 911 dispatch operator, and my brother-in-law is LE - all three in different cities. The three of us have had the 911 conversation, and we all tend to agree. I would think it's appropriate to call 911 to report a crime in progress, but not necessarily for something that has already happened (days or weeks ago). I've called myself to report drunk drivers, or children not in car seats. If you call your LE and they tell you to call 911, so be it. As I said, I suppose it depends on where you are and the the policies of that area. I just hope no one comes to my city and calls 911 because their "daughter needs to be arrested" when Mr. Litig8r is having a heart attack! Make sense?

I do understand your position.. especially because you are in that field. As well as 2 of your family members..

However, you gave great reasons why it would be better to not call 911 for non-emergencies... what I was hoping you could answer is the WHO should she have called. :)

I too live in a large city... I can tell you NO ONE I know would have the first clue WHO to call besides 911 if we wanted someone arrested.

I too agree that when I'm having a heart attack I would love the switchboard not to be full of "my knee hurts".. But, I would love to be part of a solution to a problem...

When you want a policeman dispatched to arrest your daughter, who do YOU suggest should be called.

I don't mean to sound abrasive... I just think this board gets people stirred so much sometimes that we tend to lose our logic..

Can someone help me? I have been away from this story for the last 24 hrs due to my anger over this case. It seems that I have missed something. What is the story concerning Casey and some 12 year old girl on the internet? What was Casey say to her online?

Evidently, this little girl held vigils for Caylee, and possibly attended some vigils in Orlando for Caylee. Somehow, Casey befriended her over myspace...sent the child a "sisters forever" friendship bracelet and a really inappropriate email that started with "Hey sweetie..." and even expressed hopes that the girl would come spend the night with her sometime in the future. The child's grandmother called LE and then the media :rolleyes:. The child had to be hospitalized after she heard that the sniffer test and DNA had come back--meaning that Caylee was most likely dead. It's a really sad story, and just another victim in the Casey Anthony saga. There has been debate at WS as to whether or not Casey was breaking her bond agreement by having contact with the child...some say no, some say yes. So, really, that's about all there is to this story.

Oh no, that would not be good! Your uploads and updates are so helpful! (Thank you btw, they are SO appreciated!!) I will say a little prayer for you right now that you don't lose all that work!

BE SAFE!! :blowkiss:

Thank you, so far it's ok!

Perhaps JB would advise that anything they find can incriminate their daughter, they don't want to be out there considering last night's hooplah, etc.

But if it was my granddaughter or niece they were looking for, I'd be out there leading the pack and to heck with whoever told me to stay home. But that's just me ya know...

They would have had to put me in jail a LONG time ago to keep me from investigating and looking for my grandchild.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname