Casey Anthony General Discussion Thread #157

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a sleuther like us that is local and out w/web cams and online answering questions. Has no LE/PI background. Not downing it, not sure how it helps? Some are entertained. He should be searching, IMO, instead of driving around w/webcam, that's JMO. If searches weren't happening, then cool that he is doing this for fellow cybersleuths, giving local view, etc...but there are searches...did he participate today? Asked on his chat, no answer. Someone that knows, let me know, I'm curious.

Murt is just a local Floridian who likes to interject himself into Flordian cases. He did the same with the Trenton case. Good heart but an overblown opinion of himself. He, at one time passed himself off as a court officer on the old CTV board. He got way too involved into the Trenton case, even arranging a radio interview that flopped.

My brother is an attorney. He said there are really three possibilities here.

1. They are having an affair.
2. He has no other clients.
3. He just gives her an office and lets her stay there to get her away from the house.

He said NO attorney in his office would ever have the time to spend like that this EARLY in the case. He said there is not enough legal maneuvering this early for that much time.

I picked #3, as her backpack is full of things for her to do.
And pick #2 ....

This afternoon OS reported: http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/orange/orl-caylee3008aug30,0,3047015.story

"Al Estes Bail Bond Agency of Clearwater endorsed, or turned in, the bail bond on the original charges. Anthony again is being held on those original counts as well. Officials were expected to retrieve the ankle-monitoring system from her parents' home, pretty much ruling out any immediate release."

Maybe they ought to just leave them there; then, when GM or GP are under house arrest, they won't have to re-install.

Quick question - When Casey was first arrested, she called home and asked for Tony's phone number.

He was her boyfriend. How come she didn't have his number?

I wonder which Tony's number she wanted? TL or LE that recently lost his job due to not revealing extent of relationship with Casey. Cannot recall specifically if TL mentioned anywhere.

Wait, not 6 hours...

6 hours one day, 6 the next...6 the next....Does this guy have any other clients??? And all with his client saying NOTHING!

And remember, he is not defending her on murder charges! They are lying and child neglect. But JMO....maybe you know something else...

One thing I wanted to add to this...years ago I interned for an attorney (just grabbing coffee, making copies) for a short time before deciding to go into the health field. The attorney had a young client whose parents were livid with him for getting into trouble. He used to have the client come in for the whole day and sit in a room going over things and if he had questions he could go and ask the attorney. The kid spent the rest of the time reading or napping or whatever. I thought it odd too but it did wonders to improve the relationship between client and Mom.

No one forced him to say anything.

TY, exactly, hush. This happens a lot, sadly, children go missing, how many others involved have you seen behave this way??? They are making this situation by not hushing. jmo

It's difficult to form an opinion on this until we know the full extent of the charges eventually made against Casey. It's too early to tell.

Baez may have several strategies under consideration, depending on whether there are no other charges ever made against Casey other than the charges pending, or on whether future charges are made against Casey carrying harsher sentences, possibly even life in prison.

But I dont know an attorney who plans strategy on charges that MIGHT be filed...JMO

I picked #3, as her backpack is full of things for her to do.
And pick #2 ....
I also pick #3. That backpack (backpack!Dora!) is just stuffed with coloring books and crayons, markers, superballs and Barbies.

With all due respect, Cindy's actions last night were more than an accidental head nudge. I'm not putting them in bed together, but it was more than strange.

It is weird, but I don't make much of it- I think Cindy feels like Jose is one of the very few people on her side...the rest of the world is against her. She probably feels an extra close emotional connection to him because of that. But it was strange to watch. IMO Jose fits in perfectly with the Anthony fam. He's wako just like the rest of 'em!

Murt is just a local Floridian who likes to interject himself into Flordian cases. He did the same with the Trenton case. Good heart but an overblown opinion of himself. He, at one time passed himself off as a court officer on the old CTV board. He got way too involved into the Trenton case, even arranging a radio interview that flopped.

Links please!! That is mean hearted GOSSIP! AND untrue!!

That is why I don't think it was an accident........a good attorney would have already had her work with LE & the DA on that. LE does not want to prosecute someone for the death of their child no matter how insane they are if it was not something they could have prevented. They are not just in this to make a murder case, they are in it to get the TRUTH........

This is a good point. But remember, Baez is representing an odd client. Casey's reactions are strange, to say the least. She doesn't react to things the way most people do. Her initial lies to LE about her job at Universal, as one example, were absurd. I still can't comprehend how she thought that LE wouldn't get to the bottom of that. So who can know what Casey is insisting or claiming in privacy? And don't be so convinced that she's entirely mute when she meets with Baez. Again, Baez is not obligated to inform the public about the status of his defense.

The most infuriating thing about this whole case, to me, is not knowing where little Caylee is. That said, the next most frustrating thing to me is not being able to understand, for the life of me, why no one in this family will be forthcoming with the information they have to help bring this child home. I would prefer alive; I fear dead; but home, nonetheless, for closure. I am a mother and a grandmother, and swing back and forth between sympathy for the GP's back to none. I cannot fathom losing both your child and your grandchild. I've pretty much come to the conclusion that those of us here on WS are having so much difficulty not just because of the lies, which are plentiful, but as what I suspect of truthful, moral individuals, we just flat don't understand. And first and foremost, they say they don't trust law enforcement. Well, non-law enforcement people are trying to help. Give them something; some place to start.

Sorry; it's still getting to me! Thanks for listening...
Completely with you. :)

I totally agree, and it's also why I'm starting to think it wasn't an accident. I just wish we knew she had a good lawyer, because then I'd feel more confident...but I think JB is a bit of a wild card, and may not be giving her good advice. IMOO
Hi bunnypheonix1, JB did have a co-council at Casey's 'First' Bond hearing. His name was Mike Walsh. I have no idea who he is, or if he just stepped in for a cameo appearance at the hearing. There are photos of him and JB, with Casey in the middle, sitting at the defense table at the hearing. He seems to have disappeared into thin air.

(ps Have a nice time at dinner!):blowkiss:

But the Scott Peterson case took Geragos right out of the spotlight. He used to be a commentator on many shows. When that case was over..you never see him. The public hates him.

Not hate him for defending Scott. For saying he would find the real killers and then not even being able to mount any defense, Blowing off his big mouth, like Baez!

When Geragos was a commentator and before he was Peterson's lawyer, he came right out and said Peterson was guilty and a lying. Then bam, he became his lawyer and defended him with all that witch hunt defence. What a joke!!!

Turn on Fox is you have it, more info on the case there. Night guys!

This is OT but I just wanted to tell all of our WSers in the path of Gustav to please please stay safe.

Back on topic, the more I see things go on, the more 'afraid' I am that Cindy is going to do something to herself. I think once they find Caylee, Cindy will go over the edge. I am not a fan of hers at all but am concerned about this.

Oh this is rich - Geraldo just said they are going to sort spin from fact in the case. Uh yeah, GR, you are just the one to do that.

When Geragos was a commentator and before he was Peterson's lawyer, he came right out and said Peterson was guilty and a lying. Then bam, he became his lawyer and defended him with all that witch hunt defence. What a joke!!!

I remember that! Didn't your head spin around and find you saying.."Say What??"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member