Casey appeals her 4 Lying to LE convictions

I think that's probably true of a lot of people. I really can't believe (or maybe I just hope?) that people would normally say or mean some of the things I've been reading.

Respectfully...I think it's called venting. After all, we aren't really picking up our lanterns and pitchforks.

now this is a waste of the courts time. already ADMITTED in open court by her lawyers. FGS she beat the DP. cant she take her stupid misdemeanors and deal with it.

The charges aren't going to be overturned. The DT knows that. This is nothing more than them trying to buy her time. They want to get that paid IV in before Oct depo.

Seems to be a legal ploy to help delay her civil suits. I accepted that in her criminal trial the jury could find reasonable doubt and was able to let my own feelings go. But this latest move by her attorney's is just too much. There will be good that comes from this whole K.C. affair I just don't see it now. Maybe Caylee's Law. I also believe John Lennon when he said "karma is gonna get ya"

rather see the state appeal instead. justice is weird. its a waste of taxpayer money to pay for indigent casey a lawyer to appeal these charges when its on video and court transcripts that she lied to LE. to appeal that is saying she didnt lie? so ZFG did kidnap Caylee? to bad if she won her appeal she couldnt be re-charged then. im sick of double jeopardy.

maybe this appeal hekps postpone her ZZFG civil case then? cant testify since there is an open appeal? im not a lawyer so i dont know. just wondering

Respectfully...I think it's called venting. After all, we aren't really picking up our lanterns and pitchforks.

:rocker::seeya:
The wonderful owner, admins and mods at this fab forum have given us time to vent and discuss. I haven't seen any pitchforks yet either.
I find reading others vents to be exhilarating. ;)

Probably not the right place to post it, but R. Hornsby talked about how ICA could, and should have gotten more time due to the court giving her time served already in the check fraud case. It is a very interesting read:

http://blog.richardhornsby.com/

:rocker::seeya:
The wonderful owner, admins and mods at this fab forum have given us time to vent and discuss. I haven't seen any pitchforks yet either.
I find reading others vents to be exhilarating. ;)

Me too. When I post, I often vent but it is something restricted to what I was thinking of. Other posters point out things that allows even for more venting in a kind of borrowed way and it feels good!!!!

IMO 'Prosecutors.....Look what you've done!' would be more accurate.

But even if they'd charged her with something their evidence supported enough to get a guilty verdict, the defense would still be appealing the lying charges. It's what defense attorneys do, and not just these defense attorneys. It's their job.

I think she was guilty of lying to LE, but I'm not outraged at the appeal. I'd be surprised if defense teams didn't file appeals, really.

I've seen the prosecutors blamed by many people for the charges against Casey. The prosecutors did not indict Casey. A grand jury indicted Casey on these charges.
The Orange County grand jury indicted Casey Anthony on a total of seven counts: First-degree murder, aggravated child abuse, aggravated manslaughter and four counts of false statements to law enforcement.
http://www.wftv.com/news/17705500/detail.html
Casey Anthony, her attorney and her mother Cindy Anthony were all at the closed-door grand jury session before the 19-member panel.
In order to deliver a murder indictment, jurors had to agree on whether or not there was enough evidence to charge someone.
And this was two months before Caylee's body was found.

*sigh*

Does Casey have a good chance at getting her convictions overturned on appeal?
Well one wouldnt think she would have a prayer but after the first verdict who knows ?
Shell probably sue and some jury will award her damages.
Not much would surprise me anymore.

Probably not the right place to post it, but R. Hornsby talked about how ICA could, and should have gotten more time due to the court giving her time served already in the check fraud case. It is a very interesting read:

http://blog.richardhornsby.com/
The insession gang discussed this on sentencing day and they reported that he gave her a break based on what he would do under "normal" conditions. ie, what would the average Joe get under similar circumstances.

This is just pouring salt on an open wound. If there was anyone who didn't hate her for getting away with murder, this will do it.

This is a horrible PR mistake to try to get away with the one thing she did so well - LYING. What's next? Is she going to appeal her convictions for the check charges?

With lawsuits already filed against her, I wonder if it's possible to freeze any money she makes, but then, she would think of a way around it.

This is just the last straw after how many people's lives that she has destroyed.
Of course a narcistic sociopath such as herself is never going to take responsibilty and admit to ANYTHING ever.
Even when its patently obvious and her attourneys admitted she lied to LE
she would still deny it. Psychopaths like her always play to type they cant help it. Shes textbook.

With all the boycott sites etc they fear their so called big money making asset is dead in the water. All this talk of money and checks coming in for KCA and the pink shirt she wore being in demand is called marketing your product, making believe she has a lot of public support.

I’ll bet she has no more support than the usual nutcase groupies these infamous killers attract. The DT could also get their cronies to send a few hundred or a check here and there, then go on TV and brag about it to create the hype.

As for Maceys not being able to keep up with demand for the KCA pink shirt, I’ll bet JB’s wardrobes are crammed with pink shirts as well as the rest of the DT gang.

With all the boycott sites etc they fear their so called big money making asset is dead in the water. All this talk of money and checks coming in for KCA and the pink shirt she wore being in demand is called marketing your product, making believe she has a lot of public support.

I’ll bet she has no more support than the usual nutcase groupies these infamous killers attract. The DT could also get their cronies to send a few hundred or a check here and there, then go on TV and brag about it to create the hype.

As for Maceys not being able to keep up with demand for the KCA pink shirt, I’ll bet JB’s wardrobes are crammed with pink shirts as well as the rest of the DT gang.

At this point, she's still being paid attention to on crime boards, HLN and to a lesser extent FOX, and her local news media. She's pretty much off of out-of-town newspapers' front pages, if she's in them at all, and television newscasts. What little I have seen has been mainly about jurors or attorneys or points of law, not about Casey herself. Even if she gets to do an interview early, thanks to filing this appeal, I don't think the ratings would be very impressive. I think almost everybody has moved on, except the die-hard Anthony watchers like us. Seems like people are more interested in the debt ceiling, Leiby Kletzky's murder, Carmageddon, and tabloid phone hacking.

A grief counselor will say Casey lied from grief. Grief from the accidental death of Caylee. So she was not capable of ration thinking. Thus the lies are irreverent. Or that Casey was in denial from reality from the loss of Caylee. Thus not capable of rational thought.

Casey could easily win this appeal. It is "bullet proof" Casey after all.

She started her lying way before Caylee died. As for grief from the abuse from GA or LA that was a lie too. Sheesh, she would probably try to say she was traumatized by her believing her own abuse lie, she lives in her own fantasy world.

At this point, she's still being paid attention to on crime boards, HLN and to a lesser extent FOX, and her local news media. She's pretty much off of out-of-town newspapers' front pages, if she's in them at all, and television newscasts. What little I have seen has been mainly about jurors or attorneys or points of law, not about Casey herself. Even if she gets to do an interview early, thanks to filing this appeal, I don't think the ratings would be very impressive. I think almost everybody has moved on, except the die-hard Anthony watchers like us. Seems like people are more interested in the debt ceiling, Leiby Kletzky's murder, Carmageddon, and tabloid phone hacking.

I'm actually not watching any more. I can't stand to see KC's relief as the verdict is read. I come to this board to vent, and to hang out with like-minded people.

I've seen the prosecutors blamed by many people for the charges against Casey. The prosecutors did not indict Casey. A grand jury indicted Casey on these charges.

And this was two months before Caylee's body was found.

I don't remember CA and ICA attending the Grand Jury session! IS that correct?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back