"Casey Knows Where Caylee Is" Says CA

I don't think legally the A's could have done this. Caylee was not their child she was Casey's child so even if neither of them were home or if CA had not spoken to Caylee, she still had no legal rights to her. If CA had some cop friends maybe she could have had them check on Caylee but to just call the police because you haven't spoken to your grandchild isn't something that's gonna get the cops involved. There is no crime in that unfortunately.

I had a check done on my sister once when I hadn't spoken to her for weeks and couldn't get her on the phone, so I guess you *can* get a check done just because you are worried. But, I don't think Cindy knew an address to send them to in order to do a check. KC had all the power in the situation, and she knew it. And (to go back OT) obviously Cindy knew in her heart that something was really, really wrong with the baby and that KC had caused it.

CA most certainly did know Caylee was "missing" well before KC came out with the kidnapping story that night. She knew WEEKS before that night of July 15 that Caylee was gone/missing. Remember the myspace post of July 3rd?

It is obvious to me that CA suspected something terrible was going on way back then.

SHe knew KC was keeping Caylee from HER...but she did not know Caylee was MISSING as in no one had seen her.

I will never understand why GA and CA didn't call the police earlier. Even just a wellness call. You can call the police to check up on someone if you think they are sick and not answering their phone or door. She could have had a cop check to make sure Caylee was okay. KC said that she had a connection with her child, and CA would understand because she had it too. Well CA knew, she had that connection and didn't act on it. How did she think KC was supporting Caylee? So many questions on Monday morning.

The reason Cindy and George didn't call the police earlier is because they had absolutely no idea where Casey was staying. That's why they couldn't request a welfare check on her. George had caught Casey coming and going once at their home on June 24 but the other times Casey had been back to the Anthony house, they were not home. She was avoiding her parents. The Anthony's only found out where Casey was staying after her car was impounded and as the owner of the car, Cindy was notified via certified letter. Cindy found AH's phone number in the car and she called AH. AH was at Florida Mall at the time and although Casey had told AH terrible things about her parents, AH realized that Cindy sounded desperate and something was indeed wrong - Cindy told her that if she couldn't get in touch with Casey, that Casey might have to be arrested, so AH agreed to let Cindy pick her up at the mall so AH could guide Cindy to AL's apartment. Until AH did this, neither Cindy nor George had any idea where Casey was living. It was obvious that the Anthony's were searching for Casey, however. Once at a nightclub, Casey told her friends she had to leave because she heard that Lee was on his way there and he was coming to get her and take her home.

I just don't understand why CA would say "KC knows where Caylee is...". If no one knew then that Caylee was missing, why would CA feel the need to point out the obvious? Makes me think maybe CA knew Caylee was missing (as in "really missing" not just being "withheld" from CA) before that night.

When AH and CA arrived at TL's apartment, Casey told CA that Caylee was at the babysitters. Cindy insisted that Casey take her to the babysitters to pick up Caylee. Casey refused to do so stating that Caylee was asleep and she didn't want her disturbed. After dropping off AH at her apartment, CA took Casey to a police substation and threatened to have her arrested if she would not take her to Caylee. Casey refused to do so. Cindy attempted to take Casey into the police substation but it was closed. So Cindy and Casey drove home. Meanwhile, Lee had arrived at the Anthony house at his father's request. Cindy and Casey came into the house. Cindy told Lee that Casey knew where Caylee was but wouldn't tell her or take her to her. Lee tried to mediate the situation offering to go check on Caylee himself, but Casey would not tell them where Caylee was. Cindy called 911, mentioning the stolen vehicle and "possible missing child." This is when Lee pointed out to Casey that when the police got there they would MAKE her take THEM to Caylee. In response, Casey told the kidnapping story which is when Cindy made the frantic 911 call reporting that Caylee had been kidnapped and that the car smelled like there had been a dead body in it.

(My bold) Do we know why Cindy felt Casey was punishing her by keeping Caylee away? We know there was a huge fight on the evening of 6/15 that the neighbors heard and Rick P talked about. I've read every time Cindy asked to speak to Caylee after Casey left with her on the 15th, Casey would say she didn't want to upset Caylee (by putting her on the phone.) Casey told her friends that it was a bad environment at the A home for Caylee because of the (supposed) divorce. But is there a reason Cindy felt Casey was punishing her by keeping Caylee away for that long? What am I missing?

Apparently, Cindy had been seeing a family counselor for advice on what to do about Casey. Casey was stealing money from the whole family and 90% of the time Cindy and George took care of Caylee. The counselor advised them to get custody of Caylee and force Casey to move out of the house. Apparently, when visiting her parents, Cindy's mom confronted her about money Casey stole from her and also attempted to steal from the grandfather's nursing home account. That set the stage for a big confrontation and arguement between Casey and Cindy the night of August 15. We don't know for sure what was said, but it is likely that Cindy told Casey she was going to get custody of Caylee and that she wanted Casey to move out. It was apparently one heck of a blowout arguement that the neighbors could hear Casey swearing at Cindy from within their own home. It was probably the worst fight that Cindy and Casey ever had and likely set into motion the chain of events that resulted in Caylee's death. Cindy, unaware the neighbors had heard the fight, claimed to police that they had a great evening together the night of June 15 and that nothing unusual had taken place and that she tucked Casey and Caylee into bed that night. The neighbors told police an entirely different story, however. I expect at the trial, we will hear from the neighbors for the first time the actual contents of the arguement they overheard. From that testimony, the motive in this case may become crystal clear.

well the only thing with speculating on these kinds of things is that witnesses are notoriously unreliable. just because LA said so, doesnt mean it was actually stated in that manner, you know?
bingo! (nurse moves to rant thread on this issue with the a family!)

I keep seeing "the counselor advised Cindy to get custody of Caylee and kick Casey out." I need to put a stop to this belief. It may have been stated that way by Cindy to others, but if any counselor dared to step into someone's life and advise them to make such a huge change, they should have their license to practice removed. A counselor can probe to find out what their client wants to do. A counselor can make statements like "It sounds to me like you want to get custody of Caylee and kick Casey out." and a counselor can say "Have you taken steps to proceed with getting custody of Caylee and kicking Casey out, and how is that going for you?" I can believe a counselor said any one or a combination of all of these possibilities. But having seen Cindy spin what she heard into what she WANTS to hear, I can also see that she would put it forward as the counselor's idea to give it more authority, to once-remove herself from it in case anyone would think she's just being a pain in the tukus and a control freak.

CA most certainly did know Caylee was "missing" well before KC came out with the kidnapping story that night. She knew WEEKS before that night of July 15 that Caylee was gone/missing. Remember the myspace post of July 3rd?

It is obvious to me that CA suspected something terrible was going on way back then.

It is obvious from the blog that Cindy thought Casey was keeping Caylee from her because of jealousy and spite. The next day was JULY 4...Firework Day!

Cindy could not imagine fireworks and sparklers without little Caylee. Cindy was sending a desperate message to Casey trying to guilt her daughter into bringing Caylee by for the HOLIDAY.

I think until the car was found George and Cindy thought Casey was punishing them but they were trying to give her some space so she might come around. The night before the 4th of July holiday though, Cindy couldn't help herself.

IMO

I will never understand why GA and CA didn't call the police earlier. Even just a wellness call. You can call the police to check up on someone if you think they are sick and not answering their phone or door. She could have had a cop check to make sure Caylee was okay. KC said that she had a connection with her child, and CA would understand because she had it too. Well CA knew, she had that connection and didn't act on it. How did she think KC was supporting Caylee? So many questions on Monday morning.

BUT if Caylee was perfectly fine and Casey was further angered because they'd called the cops on her...George and Cindy would MIGHT never see Caylee again.

At that point the grandparents had no legal standing where Caylee was concerned. CASEY legally held all the cards.

As it was, Casey WAS calling. If they made her mad, Casey could stop even doing that.

Cindy and George went to Casey's friends and TRIED to find Casey and Caylee. Casey's friends told Cindy, Casey needed space and wouldn't tell Cindy where Casey was.

Where was Cindy supposed to tell LE to go on the wellness check?

Casey didn't know who Amy or Tony were, let alone have their phone numbers or know where they lived?

Cindy had been told Casey was in Jacksonville with Jeff H. Good luck to anybody trying to find Casey or Caylee there.

IMO

KC had left the family's home on the 16th of June. Cindy had spoken with her almost daily, from the reports. However she had not spoken with Caylee for one reason or another that KC told her. She believed KC was punishing her by not allowing her to speak with Caylee. This, I believe, was the impetus for the very emotional post she made in July. In no way did Cindy imagine that Caylee had been killed. She has always known that her daughter is a spiteful b!tch and believed that this was her punishment for confronting her about the theft from the grandparents on the 15th.
I agree.....100%

I keep seeing "the counselor advised Cindy to get custody of Caylee and kick Casey out." I need to put a stop to this belief. It may have been stated that way by Cindy to others, but if any counselor dared to step into someone's life and advise them to make such a huge change, they should have their license to practice removed. A counselor can probe to find out what their client wants to do. A counselor can make statements like "It sounds to me like you want to get custody of Caylee and kick Casey out." and a counselor can say "Have you taken steps to proceed with getting custody of Caylee and kicking Casey out, and how is that going for you?" I can believe a counselor said any one or a combination of all of these possibilities. But having seen Cindy spin what she heard into what she WANTS to hear, I can also see that she would put it forward as the counselor's idea to give it more authority, to once-remove herself from it in case anyone would think she's just being a pain in the tukus and a control freak.

Ya know, you have a point! Have we actually heard Cindy even say her therapist told her this? I keep hearing about the therapist telling her to take Caylee away, blah blah but I have no idea where it even came from in the first place- I have always just taken it as a rumor because I never even heard anyone say it it just popped up on TV one day and was being said as if it was fact.

(My bold) Do we know why Cindy felt Casey was punishing her by keeping Caylee away? We know there was a huge fight on the evening of 6/15 that the neighbors heard and Rick P talked about. I've read every time Cindy asked to speak to Caylee after Casey left with her on the 15th, Casey would say she didn't want to upset Caylee (by putting her on the phone.) Casey told her friends that it was a bad environment at the A home for Caylee because of the (supposed) divorce. But is there a reason Cindy felt Casey was punishing her by keeping Caylee away for that long? What am I missing?
IMO, CA felt she was being punished by KC because she choked the out of her the night of the 15th! I also feel that she said some pretty wicked things too, along the lines of get the h*ll out of the house, I'm going to get custody of Caylee & take her from you because you're an unfit mother, etc.......

BUT if Caylee was perfectly fine and Casey was further angered because they'd called the cops on her...George and Cindy would MIGHT never see Caylee again.

At that point the grandparents had no legal standing where Caylee was concerned. CASEY legally held all the cards.

As it was, Casey WAS calling. If they made her mad, Casey could stop even doing that.

Cindy and George went to Casey's friends and TRIED to find Casey and Caylee. Casey's friends told Cindy, Casey needed space and wouldn't tell Cindy where Casey was.

Where was Cindy supposed to tell LE to go on the wellness check?

Casey didn't know who Amy or Tony were, let alone have their phone numbers or know where they lived?

Cindy had been told Casey was in Jacksonville with Jeff H. Good luck to anybody trying to find Casey or Caylee there.

IMO

Bold is mine.

Really? I didn't know that- was this information in a doc dump or...?

Here's one for all y'all: In the Greta interview when George and Cindy are on the couch, Greta asks them to explain George's comment that Casey had told them Caylee was close. Cindy says "I think that can be interpreted in a couple ways. Close meaning.....within the central FL area. Close meaning in the neighborhood, I don't think that's what she means. Close to maybe coming home....there's a lot of different ways to interpret that. My interpretation is that hopefully she is in this area."

Beginning at the 5:00 mark: Greta Interview, pt. 1

Cindy was saying right before this that "in her way" Casey has told them where Caylee is. I think "in her way" Cindy is, as well.

I just assume CA said that because Casey was Caylee's mom, and most Mom's know where their kid is. Basically CA was under the assumption that Casey had left her with someone, and would not take her to Caylee. I mean I just would imagine that CA would say that because she thought Casey should (and did) know where she was. Nothing more really. If you were the last person to be with someone you would remember where you last saw them (most people would at least, especially if it was your child).

I just don't understand why CA would say "KC knows where Caylee is...". If no one knew then that Caylee was missing, why would CA feel the need to point out the obvious? Makes me think maybe CA knew Caylee was missing (as in "really missing" not just being "withheld" from CA) before that night.

This is how I understand this comment.

After Cindy finally confronted Casey and yanked her butt out of TL's apartment, Casey told Cindy that Caylee was with Zanny the Nanny and she did not want to go over there and disturb her.
So as far as Cindy was concerned Casey knew where Caylee was and was refusing to take her to her grand-daughter, then Cindy started to play hard ball with Casey and wanted her charged with stealing money and the car in hopes Casey would break and take her to Caylee.
And then the saga begins to unfold.

Apparently, Cindy had been seeing a family counselor for advice on what to do about Casey. Casey was stealing money from the whole family and 90% of the time Cindy and George took care of Caylee. The counselor advised them to get custody of Caylee and force Casey to move out of the house. Apparently, when visiting her parents, Cindy's mom confronted her about money Casey stole from her and also attempted to steal from the grandfather's nursing home account. That set the stage for a big confrontation and arguement between Casey and Cindy the night of August 15. We don't know for sure what was said, but it is likely that Cindy told Casey she was going to get custody of Caylee and that she wanted Casey to move out. It was apparently one heck of a blowout arguement that the neighbors could hear Casey swearing at Cindy from within their own home. It was probably the worst fight that Cindy and Casey ever had and likely set into motion the chain of events that resulted in Caylee's death. Cindy, unaware the neighbors had heard the fight, claimed to police that they had a great evening together the night of June 15 and that nothing unusual had taken place and that she tucked Casey and Caylee into bed that night. The neighbors told police an entirely different story, however. I expect at the trial, we will hear from the neighbors for the first time the actual contents of the arguement they overheard. From that testimony, the motive in this case may become crystal clear.

IMO, CA felt she was being punished by KC because she choked the out of her the night of the 15th! I also feel that she said some pretty wicked things too, along the lines of get the h*ll out of the house, I'm going to get custody of Caylee & take her from you because you're an unfit mother, etc.......

Yes, that fight must have been a doozey. And the counselor's "guidance" on trying to get custody and practicing tough love with Casey. I am always looking to fill in the missing pieces, which will undoubtedly come out during the trial.

I just assume CA said that because Casey was Caylee's mom, and most Mom's know where their kid is. Basically CA was under the assumption that Casey had left her with someone, and would not take her to Caylee. I mean I just would imagine that CA would say that because she thought Casey should (and did) know where she was. Nothing more really. If you were the last person to be with someone you would remember where you last saw them (most people would at least, especially if it was your child).

I tend to agree with you AmyinTheHam. I think CA mean't the statement more in a confrontational way, as "there is no way that KC doesn't know where Caylee is,she knows!"

Ya know, you have a point! Have we actually heard Cindy even say her therapist told her this? I keep hearing about the therapist telling her to take Caylee away, blah blah but I have no idea where it even came from in the first place- I have always just taken it as a rumor because I never even heard anyone say it it just popped up on TV one day and was being said as if it was fact.

This was substantiated in one of the document dumps. I'm not 100% certain which it was or where, but it may have been in the emails that Cindy's mother, SP, sent to her sister.

This was substantiated in one of the document dumps. I'm not 100% certain which it was or where, but it may have been in the emails that Cindy's mother, SP, sent to her sister.

Again, it may be substantiated as something Cindy SAYS the counselor told her, but any counselor who would advise a client like this should lose their license.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back