Casey must attend future hearings

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you Imajica!! I'm so tired of KC being treated like the super star she wants to be. Finally some justice.
Bold mine. ITA. No more can little Miss KC sit in her cell and read books while the judicial wheels turn. I am very happy Judge Strickland made this ruling. She is gonna be so mad!!!!!

This is a little off topic (maybe) but if iI am remembering correctly with the SP case one of the first things MG put a stop to was SP being brought into the courtroom in the bright orange jumpsuit . Is this an area where JB is not doing his job. Could we see a change (KC appearing in court wearing street clothes and not the prison jumpsuit) in this case for future hearings?

:waitasec:
also--don't know if kc has any clothes left after ocsd raided her closet....

This is a little off topic (maybe) but if iI am remembering correctly with the SP case one of the first things MG put a stop to was SP being brought into the courtroom in the bright orange jumpsuit . Is this an area where JB is not doing his job. Could we see a change (KC appearing in court wearing street clothes and not the prison jumpsuit) in this case for future hearings?

But this is pre-trial stuff. I *think* the nicer outfits are for the jurors' benefit. Strickland's rulings won't be effected by whether Casey wears orange or whether she wears a sweater set. Once trial starts she'll be prettied up but I don't think it's necessary pre-trial. Just my opinion.

Yeah, of course an argument *could* be made that since these are televised that the jury pool could be "tainted" by seeing too much of Casey in a jail jumpsuit but...it is pre-trial.

Good .. :D
No reason she shouldn't be attending ..

Judge Stan Strickland has ordered Casey Anthony to attend all important future court proceedings. I would like to think that someone in the States Attorney's office finally heard us squawking about the danger of allowing her to waive her right to attend future hearings. Doing so could cause major issues later if Casey wanted to claim that she didn't get a fair shake because she wasn't present at all critical junctures of the case. Even if she was the one who waived her right to attend.

I am glad to see that Judge Strickland is mindful of the needs not to allow Casey and the Dream Team any future legal loopholes to vault through on appeal.

She may only waiver her right to attend "Trial status hearings and minor scheduling issues."

Here is the actual order from Judge Strickland:

http://www.wftv.com/news/18550635/detail.html

Here is the article on the order from WFTV:

http://www.wftv.com/news/18551487/detail.html#-

Boy oh boy oh BOY I bet Casey is going to be decidedly un-thrilled about this turn of events. :):behindbar:chicken:

I don't think she will be able to manage her chirpy visage day in and day out if forced to attend. It will be intriguing to see how she handles not being able to hide until trial starts.
That's the breaks. If you heinously murder your child, then there's a price to pay. She'll have to tear herself away from her peanut butter cups and romance novels for an hour or two now and then...boo freaking hoo.

I don't think jail jumpsuits factor into public perception of Casey Anthony one single bit. I mean, that ship has sailed.

:waitasec:
also--don't know if kc has any clothes left after ocsd raided her closet....

Zoey, JB will go shopping and have her all gussied up for her trial. :crazy: As for hearings or anything outside a jury's presence...jail scrubs are all she needs.

Kudos to Judge Strickland. :clap: I want her in that courtroom. :furious:

Strickland is an EXCELLENT jurist, IMHO.

KC will be bored to tears. They will be using a lot of big words.

IMHO, she just wants to sit in her cell and be "rescued."

Strickland is an EXCELLENT jurist, IMHO.

KC will be bored to tears. They will be using a lot of big words.

IMHO, she just wants to sit in her cell and be "rescued."

You know after thinking about the judge's order, I'm thinking KC might not mind it....

She'll be the center of attention in court, gives her something to plan on from her cell.....

ya know, clothes, make-up, hair......all the really important things to her.

Judge Stan Strickland has ordered Casey Anthony to attend all important future court proceedings. I would like to think that someone in the States Attorney's office finally heard us squawking about the danger of allowing her to waive her right to attend future hearings. Doing so could cause major issues later if Casey wanted to claim that she didn't get a fair shake because she wasn't present at all critical junctures of the case. Even if she was the one who waived her right to attend.

I am glad to see that Judge Strickland is mindful of the needs not to allow Casey and the Dream Team any future legal loopholes to vault through on appeal.

She may only waiver her right to attend "Trial status hearings and minor scheduling issues."

Here is the actual order from Judge Strickland:

http://www.wftv.com/news/18550635/detail.html

Here is the article on the order from WFTV:

http://www.wftv.com/news/18551487/detail.html#-

Boy oh boy oh BOY I bet Casey is going to be decidedly un-thrilled about this turn of events. :):behindbar:chicken:

I don't think she will be able to manage her chirpy visage day in and day out if forced to attend. It will be intriguing to see how she handles not being able to hide until trial starts.

ha this will displease her :gold_crown:[ horribly and that makes me just smile.
I think she has found comfort in her cage and doesn't really like to leave there.
is there a chance that she is actually ashamed and doesn't want her face to be seen? feelings of guilt perhaps??
moo :cow:

I've wondered why KC hasn't wanted to be at the hearings. I can't be sure if this is what JB has advised her to do. Or, if it's of her own accord. The reason I say this is because refusing to come to court for a hearing can be percieved as a contemptuous act. Not legal contempt but rather an expression of the hearing not being worthy of her time and attention. Just a thought.

I don't think she'll be the center of attention at all in court. She will have to sit there and shut up, and in the long run that will kill her. She isn't going to understand about 90% of what people are saying, and most of the pre-trial stuff is boooooring! Poor kid will have to sit through it all.

I think the bigger "inconvenience" to her will be that, if I remember correctly, they search her coming & going from jail. She's going to have to submit to walking around in shackles on a regular basis, and following directions, which I'm sure she will HATE!

I don't think the image of her in pink handcuffs & leg cuffs will taint the jury pool. I think the fact that she duct taped & killed her daughter will taint the jury pool.

I think Baez didn't want her in court while her parents are sitting in the audience.

She tends to like to turn around and smile at them, while she should be crying about the death of her daughter.

IMHO

If anything this means we can have more smirking, evil pictures of her to put in our siggys.

Zoey, JB will go shopping and have her all gussied up for her trial. :crazy: As for hearings or anything outside a jury's presence...jail scrubs are all she needs.

Kudos to Judge Strickland. :clap: I want her in that courtroom. :furious:

and alas the question arises where will the money come from for the "gussie" up......???????? thanks for answering!!!

did the Judge just do this on his own or did jb try that waiver thing again????

KC has never had any accountability for anything she has done.
By sitting in her cage and not participating in HER trial proceedings she is further sheltered.
Baez has made himself into her "knight in shining armor" and kept her from facing the music.
She should be present to hear everything.

She seemed annoyed and put out at the last one, like it was such an inconvenience! PLEASE:(

You know after thinking about the judge's order, I'm thinking KC might not mind it....

She'll be the center of attention in court, gives her something to plan on from her cell.....

ya know, clothes, make-up, hair......all the really important things to her.

True. But, she'll also have to stay awake! :blowkiss::)

IMO she should be made to wear her blue Fusian dress and black go go boots every time she's brought in the courtroom. What a fashion faux paux the shackles will make!!!

and alas the question arises where will the money come from for the "gussie" up......???????? thanks for answering!!!

did the Judge just do this on his own or did jb try that waiver thing again????

It was on his own. That's what the sua sponte means. I'm excited that I got a shout out in the docs! haha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa