Casey's Fantasy World

Thinking_Out_Loud

Reaction score
Lately, I have been thinking about how Casey knows all these characters. Some of them sound like they might be tied to children's books (ie Zanny the Nanny). Some sound like they are tied to movies (ie Juliette Lewis, and Zanny's "Sister Sam"). According to friends and LE, she has been lying non-stop her whole life, and seemingly living in a fantasy world where she is a successful event coordinator with the potential to be a property owner within the month of June 2008.

It reminds me of when I was small child, and I had imaginary friends. I created them because I lived in a rural community and had no contact with other children during the summer months. I could only see my real friends during the school semesters. I would go to school and listen to the conversations between my real friends. Because my real friends were able to have other friends outside of school, I thought they lived such extraordinary lives! I did not want these imaginary friends to essentially "die", so I began to carry them over to my real world after going back to school. Whenever my real friends told me stories about their interesting lives, I would tell them about the things that I did with my imaginary friends. Of course, I never allowed them to know they were imaginary. Also, I went as far as writing letters to myself from these imaginary people. At only seven years old, I knew to change my writing style and penmanship so they would not be able to know what I was doing. After awhile, I began to think that I was 10x smarter than the other children. During that time, I wouldn't conceal much anymore other than the fact that I lived in a fantasy world. That is to say I became sloppy. I did things such as tear a picture out of a magazine. Then paste it on some construction paper and say that it was a picture of my friend. Oh it gets worse... One day, I sat in class writing a letter to myself in my own writing (because at that point, I thought everyone was too stupid to notice). My friends busted me and called me out! They mocked me, so I realized I could no longer keep up the charade.

When I kept my imaginary friends to myself, I distanced myself from people. I was fairly quiet and did not have much concern for real friends. After I meshed my fantasy world with my real world, things were easier in a way. They were "easier" in the sense that I was able to be this amazing person that I wanted to be! I could be social and entertaining without being nervous because I felt like I was better than most kids.

As I grew older, I became more nostalgic. I remember looking back through photo albums of my real family and real friends. It was then that I stumbled across half of the names of my imaginary friends! Apparently, these names stuck with me eventhough these real people weren't huge parts of my life. It was suprising, to say the least, that I used real names of people that I knew to create the names of the fictional ones.

One of Casey's old friends from school said that Casey was the quiet type. Her newer friends think that she easy going and entertaining. Basically, she sounds like she became more of a fun person as her life continued. I could not help but wonder if she once kept her fantasy world separate most of her life. Then decided to introduce it to her newer friends. It would have been easier to lie to them because they would have had no real way of verifying the information.

I just wanted to share this theory with you all. In addition, I would like to share some extra information about people living in a fantasy world.
In particular, this link is very interesting, and I think that some of you will be reminded of Casey when you read it.
http://www.revolutionhealth.com/forums/mental-behavioral-health/111247

It might also help to google "the Walter Mitty Syndrome"
http://richardgpettymd.blogs.com/my_weblog/2006/10/walter_mitty_sy.html

Interesting, don't know if you've ever read about Mark David Chapman the guy who killed John Lennon. He became obsessed with a book "The Catcher and the Rye". He thought he was one of the characters in the book who saw imaginary small people whom he ruled over. He basically followed everything and did everything that the character in the book did. I could go on and on here is a very interesting article about Chapman: http://www.trutv.com/library/crime/terrorists_spies/assassins/chapman/1.html

Warning: It is quiet long but extremely interesting

If Casey was obsessed by a book or movie characters then it would make a lot of sense

That is interesting. I do not think that I knew that.

She might not be obsessed with one book or movie, but maybe several books and movies. The Orange County jail described her as an avid reader. Being a reader isn't suspicious, but it can be with her possible fantasy world.

Yeah, I think Chapman was already living in a fantasy world before he even read The Catcher and the Rye. Once he actually read it, the character was a lot like him. They were both communicating with imaginary people and such. I think Chapman thought he was the king of the imaginary people and he would get angry and kill them at times but no matter what he did they would always forgive him. Kinda creepy

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OccasionalMallard
Back