Casey's Pants & the Knife and The Cleaning of the Pontiac

According to the 400 pager, CA told them about the pants AFTER they had sequestered the car. Not sure why. Maybe the towing guys had mentioned that there was a pair of pants inside?

I'm curious as to why CA cleaned the pants and the knife but chose to leave everything else there. It just seems strange. She left all of Caylee's things. Surely, they smelled too?

Did Cindy tell them first about the pants or did they ask what Casey wore that day and had they seen these clothes? Just because Cindy said she offered the information before they asked doesn't mean that is the way it happened.

We can't forget that Cindy asked LE first - before she washed them. In my opinion that is why there has been no "interference of investigation" charge against them. Cindy claims she asked LE if they wanted any of the stuff before she cleaned out the car and LE seems to concur with this in that there have been no charges filed. It is in one of the early videos an it may also be in Greta's interview of the Anthonys.

Salem
You do remember who you're talking about--don't you? I'm not sure I believe her story. We all know she hasn't been completely truthful.

Hi all... I agree that she washed them to cover for Casey. There are some things I'm sure she cannot do anything about to help her, but I'm sure there are some things she can. If given the opportunity to, as we've already witnessed, I believe she'd help her all she possibly could.

I don't think Cindy washed these things for any reason other than to help Casey. She was washing things she knows she shouldn't have...and probably wishing she hadn't already told 911 that it smelled like a dead body in the car. Something tells me she only said that to threaten Casey to give up the truth. I can see a series of her using threats to perhaps jolt Casey into telling the truth to her. And when Cindy realized the truth, she then began to cover for Casey and help her get out of trouble as usual.

JMO...just my observations :) I could be absolutely wrong, but I feel strongly she washed those certain items to help her daughter.

No, I think you're absolutely right! She should be brought up on charges of aiding and abetting/ accessory to a crime.

One use of the knife in the car could be to open a window and screen door locks. Slide it in between the jam and the latch and push or a garden gate type latch. Would depend on the type of doors but if the A's had started locking things when they left the house and took the key from Casey she may have found this a good way of breaking in without breaking anything. Purly speculation on my part. I don't have and sliding door or window casements on my house like the A's do. My home is over 100 years old so the construction is total different. I know that I have heard that a credit card can be used to slip between a door latch and jamb. Never tried it so don't know if thats true or not. Any locksmiths out there who know all of the tricks? JMO

She could have also used the butter knife to break into the shed/garage? where the gas cans were stored...

Wonder where the other clothes CasA was wearing that day went. Where is the top? What about her underwear?
Did she go back to Hopespring daily for clean clothes and toiletries if she wasnt sleeping there? If Caylee wasnt potty trained yet, what about xtra diapers or training pants? Any kept with her?
If she stayed with friends so often, what about changes of clothes for her? What about x-tra clothes and toys for Caylee?
Excellent questions! Any young mom out on the town with a not-yet-completely-potty-trained toddler has to take those things into consideration. (Speaking from experience... my daughter was born when I was 21, I'm now 42 :( so I kind of understand what it's like to be a young single mom) Now my daughter's 20 and a junior at CU and I look at her and remember how many times I screwed up and didn't do completely right by her, and I'm so amazed she's turned out to be just so incredible. Sorry, rambling. Too much wine. I'm just so saddened. Caylee could have been like my Hannah, Casey could have fought the obstacles in her life in favor of her daughter instead of giving in completely to the nightlife and the guys. When you have a baby things change. I didn't even have my mom and dad to take care o f her so much like Casey.

ok,.. over on the donations thread someone posted that the rumors around town is that LE thinks that the knife was used to release the decomposition gases from the body before it was thrown into Lake Jessup. I think the posters name is Bobby something.

She could have also used the butter knife to break into the shed/garage? where the gas cans were stored...

On the Greta video George's shed doesn't look like it was even broke into. It's not some shed w/ a padlock. He doesn't even get into the damage on the lock in his police report. From the way his shed locks, it would be easier to break into it w/ a butter knife, like you would on a door inside your house, than to bust the lock on the door handle. The knife would probably get bent from prying, though.

On JVM tonight Mark said 2 times about kc SLICING CAYLEE, anyone have a link or anything? before or after death?

Dr. G statements? links?

IIRC, CA cleaned a butter knife that she found when cleaning the evidence car..............but was it more like a butcher knife?

Was any blood ever found anywhere, if so link? house, car, dump site, in bag?

Just looking for links and interested in others opinions.

Mods please move if not allowed......TIA

Wonder whats up with him saying sliceing, there was no flesh left on Caylees remains,

Oh and by the way, Dr G had stated no trauma to the bones, I think knife marks would be included in that

Yea - It was noticeably odd. I believe he said 'sliced her up', etc. twice. I don't get it.
As far as the knife, it's my understanding it was a butter type knife? Not a steak knife, etc.

I still want to know what the "stain" was in the trunk the size of a dinner plate. At this point I'm just assuming "fluids" stain but it's always bothered me.

Yea - It was noticeably odd. I believe he said 'sliced her up', etc. twice. I don't get it.
As far as the knife, it's my understanding it was a butter type knife? Not a steak knife, etc.

I have Reed and Barton butter knives and they are very sharp, you can cut a steak with them.

I still want to know what the "stain" was in the trunk the size of a dinner plate. At this point I'm just assuming "fluids" stain but it's always bothered me.

One guess...the stain was from post-mortem evacuation. IIRC, the hair was found near the edge of the trunk...corner maybe near the tail light?...and IIRC Yuri or someone indicated they believe they knew the position of the body in the trunk. Soooo...hair in the corner...trunk of body toward center putting the location of the stain at approx. the right place for a toddler.

Another poster speculated it was from vomit perhaps as a result of an o.d.

...just possibilities...

The fluids in the truck of the vehicle are believed to be body fluids from one of the following. A decomposing body or urine or both.

When someone dies it is common to find urine or defecation.

I'm nearly certain it was referred to as a "kitchen knife", or "dinner knife". Not a butter knife.

ETA: Wait, maybe it was "table knife". Shows you how certain I am. But I recall it being something not typical for stabbing or carving a person.

After I heard about duct tape wherever it was, we still don't know for sure - was that knife was used to cut the duct tape

I'm sure LE has looked at that and probably got all the knives from the residence to match tear/cut marks on the tape and bags

I'm nearly certain it was referred to as a "kitchen knife", or "dinner knife". Not a butter knife.

ETA: Wait, maybe it was "table knife". Shows you how certain I am. But I recall it being something not typical for stabbing or carving a person.

Any reference I've seen on the net says kitchen knife. I don't consider butter knifes to be "kitchen" knifes. My kitchen knifes either have saw type blades or sharp blades and have many sizes of them.

Caylee was very little and any slicing surely would have knicked/cut her bones, especially if the inmate was in a rage at the time.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back