Casey's Parents & Lawyers Bungle Public Relations

I would assume through his MySpace.....

Missing Madeleine McCann's mother was asked what she would say to Madeline....It was the same as Casey Anthony months later.....

"Mom loves you; be strong"

I would assume through his MySpace.....

Missing Madeleine McCann's mother was asked what she would say to Madeline....It was the same as Casey Anthony months later.....

"Mom loves you; be strong"

If Casey was Googling missing persons sites....

And Joshua Duckett was one of the first supporters to show up.

What was Casey's connection to him?

I don't think that KC had any connection to Josh D......but Laurie Konnerth
( a KFN board member) was the trustee for the foundation that was collecting money to support efforts to find Trenton. I think that it is possible that Laurie K. hooked them up.

BTW......Laurie was sued for misappropriation of funds for that foundation and IIRC....resigned from the board at KFN as well.

I don't think ALL of the Anthony's problems are of their own doing. Sadly, I think they were quickly targeted by numerous scam artists and that they were led in the wrong direction from day one. What is really unfortunate....is that had they been guided and led by honest people from day one they may never have spun this far out of control.

They were used and left to pick up the pieces.

I don't think that KC had any connection to Josh D......but Laurie Konnerth
( a KFN board member) was the trustee for the foundation that was collecting money to support efforts to find Trenton. I think that it is possible that Laurie K. hooked them up.

BTW......Laurie was sued for misappropriation of funds for that foundation and IIRC....resigned from the board at KFN as well.

I don't think ALL of the Anthony's problems are of their own doing. Sadly, I think they were quickly targeted by numerous scam artists and that they were led in the wrong direction from day one. What is really unfortunate....is that had they been guided and led by honest people from day one they may never have spun this far out of control.

They were used and left to pick up the pieces.

My dear, wise mother often used to say, "Water seeks its own level." They did have the opportunity to be guided by LE and MN but chose a level of cohorts with whom they felt more comfortable.

ETA: and TM, too.

And if they had been loving grandparents to Caylee and were grieving her they would have NEVER sold her pictures to the media. I just can't imagine doing that. When my daughter was murdered the press had pictures of her to put in the newspaper when they were hunting for the killer but they didn't get them from me and if they had I certainly wouldn't have sold them to the press. In my eyes that is blood money and it takes the lowest kind of people to use a murdered child to make money from. It's just horrible.

God bless you! I can't even fathom it and I am so sorry you had to endure such a tragic loss. :( :hug:

You are so right....blood money is exactly what it is. I cannot even imagine selling photos of my murdered child or grandchild. In fact, if some media rep approached me with such an offer, I would need to be restrained. And, I ain't a wealthy person. Everything about it - the offer & the acceptance is a show of total disrespect. Peddling them to the highest bidder to fund the defense of the mother who murdered her is truly more than I can stomach.

"Model Rules of Professional Conduct
Advocate
Rule 3.6 Trial Publicity

All lawyers are limited as to public statements in ABA Rules.

"Model Rules of Professional Conduct
Advocate
Rule 3.6 Trial Publicity

(a) A lawyer who is participating or has participated in the investigation or litigation of a matter shall not make an extrajudicial statement that the lawyer knows or reasonably should know will be disseminated by means of public communication and will have a substantial likelihood of materially prejudicing an adjudicative proceeding in the matter.

(b) Notwithstanding paragraph (a), a lawyer may state:

(1) the claim, offense or defense involved and, except when prohibited by law, the identity of the persons involved;

(2) information contained in a public record;

(3) that an investigation of a matter is in progress;

(4) the scheduling or result of any step in litigation;

(5) a request for assistance in obtaining evidence and information necessary thereto;

(6) a warning of danger concerning the behavior of a person involved, when there is reason to believe that there exists the likelihood of substantial harm to an individual or to the public interest; and

(7) in a criminal case, in addition to subparagraphs (1) through (6):

(i) the identity, residence, occupation and family status of the accused;

(ii) if the accused has not been apprehended, information necessary to aid in apprehension of that person;

(iii) the fact, time and place of arrest; and

(iv) the identity of investigating and arresting officers or agencies and the length of the investigation.

(c) Notwithstanding paragraph (a), a lawyer may make a statement that a reasonable lawyer would believe is required to protect a client from the substantial undue prejudicial effect of recent publicity not initiated by the lawyer or the lawyer's client. A statement made pursuant to this paragraph shall be limited to such information as is necessary to mitigate the recent adverse publicity.

(d) No lawyer associated in a firm or government agency with a lawyer subject to paragraph (a) shall make a statement prohibited by paragraph (a)."

Emphasis supplied.

http://www.abanet.org/cpr/mrpc/rule_3_6.html

Respectfully snipped:

1.) The only comment , ever, to be made by the defense attorney or any expert is to be: I do not comment on pending cases. Never opine publicly about this case at all, until the trial has a resolution.

2.) The Anthonys should be instructed to:

a) disband the Caylee M. A. foundation at once and seek out no camera time on any other missing persons case, unless and until their daughter is acquitted.

b) refrain from any public comments, whatsoever until the case is resolved.

"We love our daughter, that is unconditional. We loved our grand-daughter.That is perpetual. We appreciate all of the support we have had. Our family is eternally grateful for those who searched, Texas Equisearch and all of the volunteers that came from all over the nation. We are also so very thankful for the kind donors who quietly that donated money for Caylee's funeral, from all over the world! We want to thank those who prayed for Caylee, and ask that you continue to pray for our family. There will be no further public remarks until after the trial. We ask that you respect our privacy at this very difficult time."

That is the statement, the very, very last statement Brad should announce on their behalf.View attachment 7059

They should let Lee be their guide and remain private.

They did not disband the foundation: http://sunbiz.org/pdf/76670980.pdf

Note the A's now have a P.O. Box and Lee is living with Mallory.

Respectfully snipped:

They did not disband the foundation: http://sunbiz.org/pdf/76670980.pdf

Note the A's now have a P.O. Box and Lee is living with Mallory.

I don't think that Lee moved back home for very long. He moved in after George went to that motel and threatened to commit suicide (?) but I think he left fairly soon. I personally couldn't imagine living with George and Cindy.
About the time she started telling me what to do I would have to put her in a head lock and straighten her out..lol. When George leaves after the trial Cindy will only have the dogs to boss around!

Lately we have seen another example of the bungling, IMO...
KC says Zanny killed Caylee, and she definately did not kill Caylee.
JB sorta avoids Zanny, says maybe RK did it, and says it definately was not KC.
AL says the defense needs to know the nature of the charges against KC because the prosecution will have the burden of proving it was not an accident. She tells Meredith Viera that KC did not kill her child, but does not declare KC innocent-An important distinction-Semantics, perhaps an accident killed Caylee...She goes on to allude that KC very well may be found guilty. Many of us here believe that AL will use the A's as a mitgating factor as to why KC shoud only receive life.
So which will it be? KC is not guilty all the way because she did not have Caylee with her? Or, KC is not guilty of murder but may be guilty of manslaughter or negligence? Or, KC is guilty of murder but there could be reasons for her actions? I am not sure why AL is so eager to put the penalty cart in front of the trial horse. It makes it seem that they don't know which way to go because their client is guilty and they need a plausible way to deal with it. Why don;t they stick to proclaiming her not-guilty, or better yet stay quiet about it-They do not have the burden of proof, and their attempts to sway the jury pool are backfiring.

AL says the defense needs to know the nature of the charges against KC because the prosecution will have the burden of proving it was not an accident. She tells Meredith Viera that KC did not kill her child, but does not declare KC innocent-An important distinction-Semantics, perhaps an accident killed Caylee...She goes on to allude that KC very well may be found guilty. Many of us here believe that AL will use the A's as a mitgating factor as to why KC shoud only receive life.
So which will it be? KC is not guilty all the way because she did not have Caylee with her? Or, KC is not guilty of murder but may be guilty of manslaughter or negligence? Or, KC is guilty of murder but there could be reasons for her actions? I am not sure why AL is so eager to put the penalty cart in front of the trial horse. It makes it seem that they don't know which way to go because their client is guilty and they need a plausible way to deal with it. Why don;t they stick to proclaiming her not-guilty, or better yet stay quiet about it-They do not have the burden of proof, and their attempts to sway the jury pool are backfiring.

We always need to keep in mind that AL's goal and target is not the same as JB or CM's and never has been. AL could absolutely care less if KC is guilty or innocent. She could not care if KC spends the rest of her life in jail. For AL LWOP is a win. She is there to argue against the death penalty. So all of her statements will be targeted at that. We probably will not see her much during the guilt phase of the trial just the sentencing. So anything she says is with that in mind and probably has little to no bearing on what the others will be arguing for the guilt phase.

She is probably also losing alot of sleep over this judge change triggered by her co council. CM may see some benefit from having HHJP come onboard, but from AL's point of view JS was probably perfect for her courtroom heartstring tugging hysterics. Whereas HHJP has not only sentanced a woman to death, but watched the execution with no apparent regret or remorse, and runs a tight enough courtroom that she will probably be tossed for crying to the jury. Pretty much the absolute worst case scenario for her.

I would LOVE to believe that G and C were WONDERFUL LOVING Grandparents/Sudeo Parents to Caylee, but ironically it's those two themselves that keep myself and others from believing it fully. For IF they REALLY were Caylee's main caregivers, then there is NO WAY in H... that IF KC REALLY was employed (ANYWHERE) and had to hire a babysitter/NANNY that G & C wouldn't have screened her themselves first. They most certainly would have the sitters name, address and phone number. They SAY one thing, but they did ANOTHER. It does NOT compute. They CANNOT have it both ways. This is one of the reasons why I believe LE should charge BOTH C & G NOW for obstruction charges. If it comes down to a legal/freedom fight.....G and C WILL throw KC under the bus and save themselves, NO DOUBT!!!! This will FORCE them to FINALLY speak the TRUTH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! KWIM?????????

I agree. Any responsible parents who had a child like Casey - who was known to be over the top irresponsible and just a consummate liar and thief would have checked it out. Trust is earned and neither of them were dumb enough to believe anything she said at face value.

Lying about Zani is about the most disgusting thing they could do. They KNOW there is no such person. I cannot fathom what they were thinking. I would have thought Caylee was more important than their 'image' as if they were some famous family before all this happened. Then the whole 'you better be looking for a live Caylee' stood out to me as proof they either knew the truth or were in on the cover up. Amazing.

We always need to keep in mind that AL's goal and target is not the same as JB or CM's and never has been. AL could absolutely care less if KC is guilty or innocent. She could not care if KC spends the rest of her life in jail. For AL LWOP is a win. She is there to argue against the death penalty. So all of her statements will be targeted at that. We probably will not see her much during the guilt phase of the trial just the sentencing. So anything she says is with that in mind and probably has little to no bearing on what the others will be arguing for the guilt phase.

She is probably also losing alot of sleep over this judge change triggered by her co council. CM may see some benefit from having HHJP come onboard, but from AL's point of view JS was probably perfect for her courtroom heartstring tugging hysterics. Whereas HHJP has not only sentanced a woman to death, but watched the execution with no apparent regret or remorse, and runs a tight enough courtroom that she will probably be tossed for crying to the jury. Pretty much the absolute worst case scenario for her.

Yes it's nice to see a Judge who will most likely not put up with her hysterics and antics. I can't picture her being allowed to handcuff herself to the jury box in his courtroom, and rightfully so. I don't know exactly what she thinks she is doing but it seems less like practicing law and more like a personal emotional plea. I loved that her bizarre 'witness (?)' fell flat.

I found this blast from the past recently and I'd say this was a huge uh oh from the Anthony PR Dept....it didn't sit too well with me, atleast. This request was from Lee, but there was another one just like it from George, as most of you probably remember.

Personal Assistant to Lee Anthony

24 hours On-Call DAILY

Locations: TBD, willing to travel within greater Orlando area with the potential for out of state travel.

Purpose: Run errands, schedule meetings, answer emails, update Myspace and HelpFindCaylee.com websites, etc.

Skills/Resources Required: Must own or have regular access to a personal computer, cell phone, and reliable transporation. Must have a valid drivers license. Ability to take and execute direction given by Lee Anthony. Great organizational skills, ability to multi-task, and work with little to no supervision. Knowledge of how to maintain a myspace page, basic html/website design, and other internet based resources such as search engines and news media sites is a must. This is a jack-of-all-trades position that may be cross utilized in all aspects of the search for Caylee as well as any personal need of the Anthony family, as directed by Lee Anthony. There is no compensation for this position.

Whom to Contact: Lee Anthony

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/news/2056974/replies?c=30

You'd think in a sane world that a young healthy person like Lee would have been looking for Caylee - outdoors, to begin with and helping the professional searchers and LE. Yet the Anthonys made both of them enemies and have done nothing but lie about them and drag them through the mud. Has Myspace ever helped find a missing child??

Kind of reminds me of that old saying; "Open mouth and insert foot."

I think that if they all were on the same page with one defense and a solid goal in mind they may be able to get it straight. As it stands now it's like a bunch of chickens all running around in different directions with their heads cut off.

They are not just protecting their daughter,they are protecting the person who murdered their grandchild. The lies and cover-ups are so obvious,but they seem to think they will get away with it. For instance,during a deposition Cindy says she may have typed in chloroform instead of chlorophyl. The computer forensics would be very detailed and can show that there was no connection to Cindy trying to find out why her dog was throwing up.LE and the SA will easily be able to prove that,but Cindy blathers on ,attempting to cover for KC.
We have filled many threads discussing all the ways GA and CA have lied,covered up and tried to dupe the public.One that makes me angriest was when they kept showing the picture of another little girl at the mall.They knew that did not look like Caylee.They used that child to "protect" their daughter. It will all come back to bite them.KC will be found guilty and then we'll see what the SA has in mind for George and Cindy. JMOO

That's how I see her,also.Can you imagine the convoluted thinking she must have done to come up with the chlorophyl story?
:hand:Cindy has an RN degree, an education. She knows what both these substances are and how they are spelled. There is NO WAY she mistook Chloroform for Chlorophyl!:snooty:

I think of the class and aplomb shown by Jeffrey Dahmer's father, Lionel & Mark Hacking's parents as the epitome of how to act under those circumstances. God forbid but if ever faced with anything along those lines, they would be my role models.
I totally agree with this!:clap::clap::clap:

And if they had been loving grandparents to Caylee and were grieving her they would have NEVER sold her pictures to the media. I just can't imagine doing that. When my daughter was murdered the press had pictures of her to put in the newspaper when they were hunting for the killer but they didn't get them from me and if they had I certainly wouldn't have sold them to the press. In my eyes that is blood money and it takes the lowest kind of people to use a murdered child to make money from. It's just horrible.

Oh my goodness. I am sooo incredibly sorry for your loss. I do not know what to say ,except we love how wonderfully brave you are to share your story here. God bless you, friend!!

Do we know when the ABC money was given to Casey in relation to this press conference?
Have we heard if a new bar investigation has been opened regarding Baez possibly brokering the deal for Casey?

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LTOTzuU9v1M[/ame] minute 5:49 Baez explains his historic role

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WgdAmv11VCo[/ame]

I agree whole-heartedly about AL, so maybe it is on JB that he brought her on board for the wrong case in the wrong state at the wrong time-If she wants to continue her crusade accross America, she might not choose a case where the client refuses to give in to anything. KC is not going to go along with the blaming-her-state-of-mind-on-her-family stuff, because it would require her to admit culpability for the murder-She will rebuke AL in appeal for that business....Wrong state because Florida is not really on the fence about the DP, and Ashton will be quick to expose AL as a political hack on that front.
Wrong time: Floridians must be very ticked about the state of affairs involving crimes against children in their state.
So while I agree with what you wrote about AL, I believe it is a poor defensive choice to work on the penalty phase before the trial has occured-It seems unfair for KC or any defendant, that her attorney was actually hedging her bets against her client in order to get on with her three-ring penalty phase.
Again, maybe AL should zip it until we get there, we are a long way away from any possible penalty phase.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back