GUILTY Chase Merritt SENTENCED TO DEATH for murder of McStay Family POST TRIAL THOUGHTS

Discussion in 'Recently Sentenced and Beyond' started by Tricia, Jan 9, 2019.

1. Force Ten

Force Ten Well-Known Member

• There had to have been a tandem driver for him to have dropped the Trooper off at the border. The Trooper also doesn’t appear to be in the neighbor surveillance video.
    • LE took Merritt’s truck completely apart and found no evidence of blood or decomp, which means there had to been another means of transporting 4 bodies.
    • 2 set of tracks at the 2 set of graves. Maybe made by one vehicle, but perhaps not. If the same vehicle, why?
    • The absence of blood and apparent struggle in the home if this was the actual crime scene screams a meticulous clean up.
    • It would be very difficult to control, subdue and then bludgeon 4 people by one individual armed with only a sledgehammer.
    • Merritt had a flurry of phone calls between himself and his girlfriend in the minutes leading up to meeting with Joseph. Why?
    • Merritt’s girlfriend is the very first and only person he called the morning of the 6th that pinged the Quartzite tower. Why?
    • A call was made from Joseph’s phone to Chase’s phone on the night of the 4th at 8:28 when it is believed they were already deceased. Was this a ruse by Chase to make it appear Joseph was alive? Or was it his tandem driver using Joseph’s phone to contact not realizing Chase had turned his phone off?
    There are things not provided at trial, others (girlfriend, siblings, acquaintances) whose phone records and doings for those days that may line up with assisting Merritt but not enough evidence to charge said individuals. I’m hopeful they aren’t done investigating but I’m not optimistic this late in.

2. mrjitty

mrjitty Well-Known Member

Interesting.

I tend to agree. Especially as to there being two vehicles. I doubt he drove out 2x for two different graves.

thornfae, Niner and Force Ten like this.
  3. asyousay

asyousay Well-Known Member

I have always wondered if Joey didn’t make it home and the others were lured out somehow. There has to be a second crime scene they never found IMO

Hapworth, minazoe and Aluev like this.
  4. asyousay

asyousay Well-Known Member

Aluev likes this.
  5. Frankie Hellis

Frankie Hellis Well-Known Member

Hi everyone!
    Long time no see. I was wondering if anyone ever got the scuttlebutt on what the deal was with McGee during the trial. Also did he and Maline have a falling out? I remember the McGee thing was very hush-hush at the time, but I thought by now something would have leaked.

Force Ten likes this.
  6. Aluev

Aluev Well-Known Member

Finally, I am on the right thread (latest)! I haven't followed this case past the sentencing and I see a lot has been discussed. I will have a lot of catching up to do. I posted a thread on the original McStay (private) forums asking if anyone is aware of any post-trial documentaries about this case (other than the Oxygen one). So many lingering questions...

Sharyne and asyousay like this.
  7. mothwings

mothwings Well-Known Member

I'd like to get the transcripts; they are not sealed.

Dontknow? and shannon.spike.1 like this.
  8. Force Ten

Force Ten Well-Known Member

I did hear from a credible source that the producer filming the trial sold his footage to a network known for its reality shows. I guess Chase won’t be the next Netflix star.

Hapworth, Aluev, Niner and 1 other person like this.