Chemo May Be Forced on 17-Year-Old Cancer Patient

No, I’m pretty sure it doesn't say that anywhere in the US Constitution. The girl has very good lawyers. I’m sure they would make a constitutional argument , if there was one to be made.

So you are saying you don't have the right to refuse medical treatment? Even if that were true... Do you not see a problem with that?

You have to believe those statistics to agree with what the best choice is. Do Americans not have the right to choose what they believe?

Um, the odds of survival are in medical journals, based on research. They are facts, not beliefs. So no, people don’t not have a right to choose if they want to believe the statistics, or not. They certainly have a right to challenge those statistics, and present alternative evidence to disprove it. But no, I don’t think people have the right not to believe in it. Thats just a bad thought process.

So you are saying you don't have the right to refuse medical treatment? Even if that were true... Do you not see a problem with that?

Minors do not have a right to refuse lifesaving medical treatment, under the law. Personally I don’t think anyone should have the right to refuse it. So no, I don’t see a problem with that.

Um, the odds of survival are in medical journals, based on research. They are facts, not beliefs. So no, people don’t not have a right to choose if they want to believe the scientific facts, or not. They certainly have a right to challenge the research, and present alternative evidence to disprove it. But no, I don’t think people have the right not to believe in it. Thats just a bad thought process.

So you are saying everything in scientific journals is fact? I can cite hundreds of examples that is not true.
One example. The NFL had the power to to have falsified concussion data published in a highly respected medical journal and even though the "peer reviewers" shot that data down it still got published. What kind of power do you think the pharmaceutical industry has over these precious medical journals if the NFL has that kind of power?
Scientific research is not fact my friend.

I agree with most of what you post here but we have a fundamental disagreement as to the definition of freedom.

Minors do not have a right to refuse lifesaving medical treatment, under the law. Personally I don’t think anyone should have the right to refuse it. So no, I don’t see a problem with that.

As I said. The state controls your children. I hope you trust the state.

Apr 19 2016, 6:16 am ET

'Cassie C' Says Cancer's Back After Court Forced Her Into Chemo

by Associated Press

A teenager who was forced by the courts to undergo chemotherapy for her cancer says a new mass has been found in her lungs.

Cassandra Callender, of Windsor Locks, disclosed the news Saturday on her Facebook page, posting an image of a CT scan dated Friday.

"This is the mass that is now inside of my lung," she wrote. "I've known about this for a while, but it's been hard going public with it. But this is why I fought so hard against chemotherapy. I am so sick of being treated like number and how everything is based off of statistics. I am a patient not a number."

Callender, who at 18 is now legally old enough to make her own treatment decisions, told The Associated Press in a text message Monday that she is "moving forward with alternative treatments." ...

http://www.nbcnews.com/health/cancer/cassie-c-says-cancer-s-back-after-court-forced-her-n557991

At 17 I know she is a minor, but she is old enough to quit if she wants to.
It seems he chemo is not working. She tried. No one wants to die.
I know what chemo can and cannot do............
My husband has been on high steroids and chemo for 4 straight years, he has Malt Lymphoma.
Chemo does the trick of keeping cancer a bay.............but is killing all his good cells.
Doctors are stopping it with his request. Sometimes quality of life is better than quantity.

New info: a mass was found in her lung! She's now 18, an adult and able to choose her medical modalities.

http://wtnh.com/2016/04/18/teen-forced-to-undergo-cancer-treatment-suffers-setback/

Well, that is truly sad and discouraging. A recurrence after chemo, with a lung/ mediastinal mass, is indicative of poor prognosis and advancing disease. Sadly, I think she will not live long now, especially since she appears to be refusing all conventional treatment and chemo that could prolong her life. Maybe a year or so, if she's lucky. The 5 year survival rate for stage IV with chemo is still 65%-- but we don't know what stage she was when diagnosed, or tumor type. I hope someone in her life can persuade her to try more chemo, but I think it's unlikely she'll agree, from the history of her and her mom's struggle with acceptance of conventional treatment.

http://www.cancer.org/cancer/hodgkindisease/detailedguide/hodgkin-disease-survival-rates

Had she undergone prompt treatment when the lymphoma was first discovered, the outcome might have been very different, depending on the tumor type and staging. But that's all behind now. Just very, very sad.

I still think the court orders for the chemo were exactly the right thing to do. Same as for any lifesaving treatment for a minor-- transfusions for Jehovah's Witness minors, etc.

I really, really hope she and her mother/ family will seek conventional medical/ nursing/ hospice care to support Cassandra as the cancer advances. They will need a lot of support as time goes on.

Well, that is truly sad and discouraging. A recurrence after chemo, with a lung/ mediastinal mass, is indicative of poor prognosis and advancing disease. Sadly, I think she will not live long now, especially since she appears to be refusing all conventional treatment and chemo that could prolong her life. Maybe a year or so, if she's lucky. The 5 year survival rate for stage IV with chemo is still 65%-- but we don't know what stage she was when diagnosed, or tumor type. I hope someone in her life can persuade her to try more chemo, but I think it's unlikely she'll agree, from the history of her and her mom's struggle with acceptance of conventional treatment.

http://www.cancer.org/cancer/hodgkindisease/detailedguide/hodgkin-disease-survival-rates

Had she undergone prompt treatment when the lymphoma was first discovered, the outcome might have been very different, depending on the tumor type and staging. But that's all behind now. Just very, very sad.

I still think the court orders for the chemo were exactly the right thing to do. Same as for any lifesaving treatment for a minor-- transfusions for Jehovah's Witness minors, etc.

I really, really hope she and her mother/ family will seek conventional medical/ nursing/ hospice care to support Cassandra as the cancer advances. They will need a lot of support as time goes on.

K_Z I understand your reasoning for disseminating the literature you have been trained in and believe in. I believe you are genuine in wanting to provide others with what you believe to be sound medical research. I believe you want to help people. I believe you have likely helped many many people over the course of your career.

But there is another way of looking at things. There are other methods of healing that you and other respectable healthcare professionals have not experienced. Western medicine is itself, sick. It is controlled by the pharmaceutical industry and the corporate machine.
This statement should not take away from all of the people whom are being and have been helped over the past 100+yrs or so by "mainstream" methods of healing. There are obviously many many many valid methods and modalities being used. But the almighty dollar is getting in the way. Big time. I believe this with every ounce of my being. I am not crazy. I am not a quack. I just have a different world view. Why am I, or anyone for that matter not allowed to make medical decisions for my children? Why does the state get to decide what is best for my children? Is that not an attribute of a free person?

For anyone interested, here is slice of what is really going on in the world of Western medicine:
http://www.collective-evolution.com...orld-most-cancer-research-is-largely-a-fraud/

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
findtrvthh
Back