Cindy Anthony's testimonies

Status
Not open for further replies.

HHBP - have witness resume witness stand...CA returns from outside courtroom....return the jury....

JB - CA -on 7/16/08 did you advised the lead detective YM about the ladder being left up (object-overrule) yes ...within 24 hours of calling....number of times you advised LE you thought Caylee drown in pool - (object -sustain) was this a topic you constantly brought up with LE (object - approach sidebar!)

Did you advise the lead detective Yuri Melich about the ladder being on the pool?
Yes I did.
And was that within 24 hours of calling the police?
Yes.
How many times have you advised LE that you thought Caylee drowned in the pool?
Objection.
Sustained.

SIDEBAR AGAIN!

JB: how many times have you advised law enforcement that Caylee died in the swimming pool?

objection
sustained

JB: was this a topic you constantly brought up with law enforcement?

objection
sidebar

SIDEBAR #4 (9:59-10:04)

Morning recess taken (10:05-10:25)

10:25 - Attorneys and Judge back - no jury

See Post #1141 for exchange between HHJBP and Defense regarding Theory of Defense

SIDEBAR #5 (10:30-10:50)

B Shaeffer on WFTV says someone really needs to order a transcript of this Sidebar as it will be very interesting

Jury returned at 10:51

DIRECT EXAMINATION OF CA BY JB - continued

On July 16, 2008 did you advise Yuri Melich about the ladder being left up?

OBJECTION - hearsay - OVERRULED

Yes. That was within 24 hours of calling the police, How many times did you advise the police of this.

OBJECTION - SUSTAINED

Was this a topic that you continually talked about.

OBJECTION -

SIDEBAR #6 (10:54-

Does anyone have the other pic of Caylee wearing that dress and that little thingy on her head (opening the sliding glass door)...it's a front view. I always thought she looked so big in that picture.

Today's defense exhibit picture:
2dwg9kh.jpg

1:15
2:22

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PjGW3_Cris&feature=channel_video_title"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PjGW3_Cris&feature=channel_video_title[/ame]

2r7r22d.jpg

1:39
2:50

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/user/pope1982#p/u/12/j6Qcgq_HQbk"]YouTube - ‪pope1982's Channel‬‏[/ame]

Objection Sustained, no further questions from DT.

You maintained Caylee's bedroom.
Yes.
In the past, as Caylee grew, you had garage sales, Yes?
Yes.
And you'd get rid of the clothes she outgrew, yes?
Some of them.
Was Caylee potty trained on June 16, 2008?
Sometimes she'd wear panties while at home, but if we went out we'd use pullups.
When did she make the switch from diapers to pull-ups?
I don't know, sometime in early 2008.
In this photo is she wearing diapers or pullups or underwear?

JB Objects. Overrulled.

It looks like it could be a diaper. And shorts
And it is your tetimony that she was earing those shorts in April of 2007.
But you said those pictures were taken before her 2nd B-day, which would be August 2007, correct?
Yes.
So in 2007 Caylee was still wearing diapers.
Yes.

LDB bringing series of photos to Cindy to identify.

CindyAnthony IDs photos as Caylee's clothing from her room kept there in 2008 until seized by LEO. #CaseyAnthony
by oscaseyanthony via twitter at 10:07 AM

#CindyAnthony said she is not certain of one pix. can't discern item. #CaseyAnthony
by oscaseyanthony via twitter at 10:07 AM

All three prosecutors do“@mikesays: @bobkealing Does LDB have kids?”
by bobkealing via twitter at 10:07 AM

In case you missed it --Lee is here in courtroom. He is sitting next to his dad. #CaseyAnthony -jfell
by cfnews13casey via twitter at 10:07 AM

Cindy is looking at pictures. LDB asks if Cindy would shop at Target- answer-yes. #CaseyAnthony -jfell
by cfnews13casey via twitter at 10:06 AM

Casey and Cindy bought much clothing at Target (identified by "circle" brand).
Do you recognize any of the clothing i the photos, if there is something you don't recognize, tell me.

JB objects.
Overruled.

Do you recognize everything in the photos?
Only one Cindy is not sure of.
What do you recognize the other items ot be?
Mostly tops, short, etc.
Where do you recognize them from?
From Caylee's room.

What size cloting did you have in Caylee's drawers.
2Ts and 3ts as well.
Caylee was a bit stocky when she was a baby, and as she got more mobile she began to thin out.
Yes.
Taht process took place between the age of 1 and 2 and she became more mobile as she became 3.
It would be safe to say that some clothing items would last for a year even if she grew taller, correct?
Yes.
The shorts that we looked at (video and photos) they were kept in your house, yes?
Yes.
When was the last time you saw them?
Sometime in 2008, toward the end of 2008.
When was the last time you saw them before June 2008?
---
Were those shorts kept at your house?
I hadn't seen Caylee wear those shorts for some time.
Were they kept at your house?
There were several pieces of clothing at that weren't at my house everyday.
Is that because they were kept in some bag, some backpack for everyday?
Objection.
Overruled.
Some items were transported in a diaper bag or backpack, correct?
Correct.
So do you have any recollection the last time you saw the short in the photo I handed you or in the video?
Repeat the question please.
When was the last time you saw those shorts?
Those were shorts I dressed Caylee in quite a bit and that wasn't one of my favorite outfits, she had much clothing, unless Casey had her in them. I don't recall Caylee in those shorts after 2007.
The photo though was taken at your house, correct?
Yes.
The picture of the ladder, how heavy was that ladder?
I don't know the actual weight. It was pretty heavy.
But Caylee couldn't manipulate that ladder by herself correct?
Correct.
Even though Caylee was almost 3 she would follow your instructions, if you gave her instructions correct?

COMMERCIAL BREAK! SORRY

LDB is pointing out differences statements concerning dates in 2008. #CaseyAnthony -jfell
by cfnews13casey via twitter at 10:21 AM

LDB is trying to show the jury that #cindyanthony has made errors on dates in past. #caseyanthony
by oscaseyanthony via twitter at 10:20 AM

#caseyanthony Prosec trying now to dispell possibility Caylee could manage ladder or sliding door. And that she was a compliant child.
by abcashleigh via twitter at 10:20 AM

Cindy says she called George about it- LDB said you would have had to call him on cell phone. Cindy says he had a work phone too.
by cfnews13casey via twitter at 10:20 AM

#cindyanthony discussing the date the ladder was left up on the pool. #caseyanthony
by oscaseyanthony via twitter at 10:20 AM

Cindy says she was working on June 16, 2008. LDB asks about her timesheet on that day- Cindy says she believes it would reflect that.
by cfnews13casey via twitter at 10:22 AM

one of the ting you talked about was the ladder being back by the pool and the side gate open?
Yes.
Caylee would not have been able to open that gate.
No way could she have opened the gate.
Today you say the night of the 16th you said it might have been a consequent date, later that week.
Yes, I knew it was one of several dates.
You said you called George when you made that discovery. From the house phone?
I'm not sure
But that's only two options, correct? There was no work phone, you had to call him from your home pone or your cell phone.
Did you leave a message for him that day?
I can't remember, but I know we communicated.
You acknowledge that in June 2008, you've already made other errors, you indicated the last time you saw Caylee was ...
Objection.
Overruled.
You recall the statement you made when you first saw Caylee--a week prior to Father's Day, correct. The video of her with your dad.
You said you went to work and told some people about the ladder?
Yes.
You also told them about the gas can incident on June 24, correct?
Objection.
Overruled.
Approaching Cindy...
Have looked at your entries.
Shows you at work on June 16, 2008.
Is that accurate?
Were you at work on June 17, 2008.
I'm sure I worked June 17.
And through June 24?
Yes, I just came off vacation, so I was back to work.

objection sustained - next question - no further questions -

CA lets out a big sigh....

LDB w/CA - show exhibits to JB-he asks questions DS looks on -LDB walks to front - hands papers to JB - (or pictures) -

LDB w/CA - after granddaughter missing from home from June 2008 - maintained her bedroom - kept all clothes in her drawers - kept presents she received because she had a birthday during the time she passed and remains found.....have garage sales get rid of clothes too small - some of them....store them in plastic containers to sell later for another purpose...on 6/15/08 was Caylee potty trained? pretty much - still carry diapers if we went out - home she would wear panties/underwear - if driving we would put pullups on her....when did Caylee make switch from diapers to pullups? sometime early 2008 - in photo SA - show CA pic - show wear underwear? object-overrule - looks like a diaper - doesn't look like panties or pullup - something coming out of back of shorts - testimony she was wearing shorts in April 2007...yes...in prior testimony pictures taken before 2nd birthday - Aug. 2007 - correct- object overrule- yes several months before her 2nd bday......in Aug 2007 Caylee was still wearing diapers - series of photos RF - RL.... GA or myself or KC ...mostly myself or GA.....kc and I bought Caylee's clothes ....shop @ target....she got gifts to......Circo brand is a Target store brand.....recognize any of the clothing in photos...if something you don't recognize - segregate that out (object-overrule -she is just lookin @ them - not testified)....

CA going thru picture - selects one picture - only one not certain of #RE not sure if shirt or dress - looks familiar but cant say....mostly tops and one pair shorts that is Caylee's from her room.....items in Caylee room in 6/2008 maintained by you until seized by LE....I believe so....what size clothing did you have in Caylee's drawers - had 2T's and 3T's as well....many children was stocky as a baby - as more more mobile began to thin out....between age 1-2 as she becomes more mobile as becomes age of 3....fair to say clothing items that Caylee had that could last as much as a year even if she is growing taller - yes - shorts 314 in evidence and ones in the video - shorts kept in your house...when last time you saw them end of 2008
when last saw them? ok thought you were talking about pictures we just saw sorry

those particular shorts kept @ your house? I hadn't recall Caylee wearing those every day....several pieces of clothing not @ my house everyday...object speculation - overrule.....

LDB - clothing items recognized as having been in home. you washed or bought clothes sometimes transported in a diaper bag or backpack...being placed in kc, GA or your car.....change of clothes...any recollection last time you saw those shoes appeared in video or picture I handed you....please repeat 1 more time?
when was last time you saw those shorts? there is quite a few things I didn't dress her in and that outfit was not one of my favorites....unless kc dressed her in them...don't recall seeing Caylee in them after 2007....shorts were kept @ your house...yes they were @ our house - just dont know if every single day....how heavy is ladder? have to use 2 hands to lift it....it is nothing Caylee lift or move on her own...correct

how heavy sliding glass door in picture of Caylee holding handle.....you had to put a good force....she was a compliant child - if gave instruction she would listen to you...she knew about climbing up the ladder - correct....how deep is pool? goes up to 4 feet - just a little under 4' we don't fill it clear up....standing @ edge - if object not @ edge of pool can you retrieve it without getting wet? no - must get wet to retrieve....

when was Caylee opening back door - Spring 2008....never let Caylee alone @ your house - absolutely not....incident you discussed relative to ladder being back on pool and side gate open...testimony on prior occassion - absolutely no way Caylee could open the gate - NO Way open gate from back to front yard....testified before it was the week before gas can incident...today you said it was nite of 16th but you said before it was 17th....I knew it was in first 2 days we didn't see her....called GA when discovered it....housephone or cellphone - only 2 options ...only his cell to reach him....
did he pick up or did you leave message? don't know I do know I spoke to him but don't when communicated.....In June 2008 - you already made other errors in your sworn statement you indicated last time saw Caylee object- overrule - daates in error in the past....date last saw Caylee had an error - yes mam - video that refreshed memory of date last saw her....told people @ office about incident believe someone swim in pool - also told them about gas can incident (object- overrule) yes

are you sure you were @ work June 16 2008 - time card reflects it does it? I imagine it would but haven't reviewed that time card in 3 years....may I approach witness - you may.....located entry for week ending 20th? yes - shows work on 6/16/08 accurate - yes - are you sure work on 6/17/08 - yes without looking @ this I am sure - every day that week thru 6/24 when gas can reported....time card accurately reflects June vacation doesn't it? yes it does....

KC was home between 8/22 and 10/24?/08 - contact with your daughter (object sustain X2)

did your daughter tell you there was an incident involving the pool - she continued to tell you child was kidnapped bya babysitter - that is correct

RE-direct

SIDEBAR #5 (10:50-10:57)

OBJECTION SUSTAINED

I have no further questions.

10:58

CROSS EXAMINATION OF CA BY LDB

Even after Caylee was missing in June of 2008, you kept her bedroom? Yes.
She kept all of her clothes in her drawers and she kept her presents from her birthday while she was missing. In the past, as Caylee outgrew her clothing, she would get rid of some of the clothing at a garage sale, or she would store them in a plastic container.

On 6/15/08 she was pretty much potty trained, but they would still carry diapers if they went out. A lot of times she would wear underwear - if at home that is what she would wear, but when out they would use pull ups.

She switched from full fledged diapers to pull ups in early 2008.

Photo marked as State's #314 - is she wearing a diaper?

OBJECTION - speculation - OVERRULED

It looks like either a pull up or diaper, not panties. There is something coming out of the back of the shorts.

She was wearing these shorts in April of 2007. Previously, you stated those pictures were taken shortly before her second birthday - august? Yes.

OBJECTION - improper impeachment - OVERRULED

In 2007 Caylee was still wearing diapers.

Witness shown RF, RE, RH, RI and RJ.

Who did laundry? GA, herself or ICA. It was mostly CA or GA.

Who bought the clothing? ICA and CA - then relatives and friends.

She did a lot of shopping at Target and recognized the Circo brand is a Target store brand.

She was asked to identify clothing that she recognized.

OBJECTION - tags aren't clothing - OVERRULED - she's just looking at them

RE is one she is not sure of - shirt or dress?

The others are mostly tops and a pair of shorts. They were in her room in June of 2008 until they were seized by LE.

The clothing in Caylee's drawers were 2T's and 3T's as well.

Caylee was a little bit stocky and as she got older and more mobile, she began to thin out. That took place between the age of 1 and 2 and then more so at 3? Yes.

Is it fair to say that there are clothing items that could last for as much as a year even if she is growing taller? Yes.

The shorts - State's 314 and the ones in the video - shorts that were kept in her house? Yes.

When was the last time you saw them? Sometime toward the end of 2008.

Those shorts? Yes.

When was the last time you saw them before June 16, 2008? She said she misunderstood the question.

The shorts in the video? Those particular shorts - she had not recalled Caylee wearing them for some time.

Were they kept at your house? You mean every day? There were several pieces of clothing that weren't kept at the house every single day.

Were they kept in a backpack or something similar?

OBJECTION - speculation - OVERRULED

She had seen the diaper bag or backpack taken in a car when Caylee was taken somewhere. You had a change of clothes.

Do you recall when you last saw those shorts? Those weren't shorts that I dressed Caylee in quite a bit. There were quite a few things that I didn't dress Caylee in. This was not one of her favorite items. She had more clothes hanging in her closet than she had there. Unless Caylee dressed her in them. She did not recall seeing Caylee in those shorts after 2007.

She could not say that the shorts were at her house EVERY single day.

How heavy is the ladder? It takes her 2 hands to lift it. Caylee could not lift it.

The sliding glass door needs a pretty good force to open it up.

Caylee was compliant and would follow instructions. She would listen to her.

She was very careful to give Caylee instruction about going outside, life vest and climbing the ladder.

The pool could go up to 4 feet deep - so, just a little under 4 feet.

Standing outside the pool, can an adult reach in to retrieve objects in the pool if they are not on the edge? No - not unless it is within a few inches of the edge of the pool.

Photo of Caylee taken at the sliding glass door? It was taken in the Spring of 2008.

She would never permit Caylee to be left home alone at the house.

Regarding the ladder being back on the pool and the gate being open - it was your prior testimony that there was absolutely Caylee could open the gate? Yes - absolutely no way.

Regarding the date of the ladder incident - it was in the week of the gas can incident. Today it was the night of the 16th, but she had earlier said the 17th or the 18th. Early on she was asked about it and she knew it was in those few days.

She called GA when she discovered it. She wasn't sure if she used the house phone or the cell phone. She would have called his cell. He did have a work phone and sometimes they would speak from that phone.

She doesn't recall if she left a message - she did speak with him.

Dates in June of 2008 - you recall you have already made other errors - specifically in your sworn statement....

OBJECTION - response outside of scope - OVERRULED

In first sworn statement there was an error as to when she last saw Caylee. It was the video of her with CA's dad that refreshed her recollection.

She went to work and told people at her office about the incident where she believed someone was swimming in the pool? Yes.

And the gas can incident?

OBJECTION - scope - OVERRULED

Yes.

Are you sure you were at work on June 16, 2008. Yes, she knows she was at work.

She was shown her time card and found the entry for the week ending the 20th. She agreed it showed she was at work on the 16th. It is accurate.

She is sure she was at work every day that week. She had just come off vacation. She was at work every day through the 24th - the date of the gas can incident.

The time card accurately reflects the vacation.

ICA was home between 8/22 and 10/14/08

OBJECTION - outside scope - SUSTAINED

Did you have contact with your daughter during that time

OBJECTION - outside scope - SUSTAINED

Photos of Caylee getting in and out of pool. Did ICA tell you there was an accident?

OBJECTION - outside scope - OVERRULED

No Mam. She agreed ICA continued to assert that she was kidnapped.

No further questions by LDB.

Your daughter Casey was home between August 2008 and October 2008, correct? Did you have contact with her beside what was on the videos?
You showed us photos of Caylee getting in and out of the pool. Did Casey tell you there was an accident in the pool.
No ma'am.
She continued to assert the child was kidnapped, correct?
Yes that's right.

JB asks to approach witness - permitted
asks - CA to review pics = photos of tags - object overrule that is true on all but one...all garments knit cotton material? all but one....

that one you showed me that is of jean material - like a cotton - pictures of jeans in background - they are a cotton - shorts Caylee found in were jean material? they were cotton....the knit material stretches - rougher thick material Caylee grew out of them faster than knit material...have kept most of her stuff - alot kept in KC room - we had other locations - when LA moved out we used that closet - Caylee didn't have closet we had an armoire - jean shorts Caylee was found in....hadn't seen them for several months - only occassion to see them if you washed them? correct....in 2008 was it frequent custom of yours to go thru her clothing....times of year take out old clothes and put them aside - any holidays - spring clean - if I put on her notice too tight - put on her dresser or put back into her drawer - unless washin clothes you hadn't seen them in a long time....hadn't seen them.....Caylee was a child vs being a baby - she was already a toddler - yes....obedient - treat her like was in military? no - ran and played like normal toddler - depend on surroundings - average normal toddler - I thought she was ?

LDb -shorts pink cotton shorts - is that same fabric in shorts in photo taken in 2007 - similar - sturdy cotton has less give than knit fabric - yes

CA stand s - down

RE-DIRECT EXAMINATION OF CA BY JB

Photos of just tags?

OBJECTION - leading - OVERRULED

That's true - all but one. All but one are knit type garments.

She identified the photo showing a cotton pair of shorts. The ones she was found in were a cotton type material. She agreed the knit material was much stretchier. She grew out of this type of material faster than the knit.

She has kept most of Caylee's clothing.

They had three locations of where they kept Caylee's clothes. When Lee moved out, they used Lee's, Casey's and the armoire in her room. She agreed her clothing would be kept all around the house.

She had not seen her wearing the pink shorts for several months. The only time she would see them was when she washed them. You wouldn't...

OBJECTION - leading - SUSTAINED

Would you go looking for her clothing? Certain times - like Christmas when she would receive gifts. Birthdays, holidays. If she noticed something was too small, she would put it aside.

Unless she was washing the clothes, she wouldn't see them on a regular basis.

As to obedience - she was not overly strict with her. She ran and played like any other toddler - depending on her surroundings. She felt she was above average.

No further questions by JB.

RE-CROSS BY LDB

The pink cotton shorts is similar to the fabric in 314. The sturdy cotton that has less give than the knit fabric.

Witness is excused (11:32)

2:45 - Judge and lawyers present

JB - what we discussed earlier - I think is going to be an issue

HHJBP - tell your colleagues

Jury coming back (2:46)

DIRECT EXAMINATION OF CA BY JB

When was Caylee's baby shower? The shower was scheduled for August 13th. It was postponed because of her birth. It was around the 27th of August. Caylee was born on the 9th. The shower was after Caylee was born because she was born a month early.

She was shown Defense Exhibit ER

OBJECTION BY LDB - relevance - HHJBP - establish what the photo is

She recognized the photo.

OBJECTION by LDB - relevance -

SIDEBAR #10 (2:51-2:57)

Last OBJECTION - SUSTAINED

She was shown a photo and identified it as being taken at her brother's wedding. She did not know at that time that ICA was pregnant.

Did anyone tell you she was pregnant

OBJECTION - hearsay - SUSTAINED

Photo marked as Exhibit 56

Baby shower attended by Casey's grandmothers, aunts, some of CA's friends, JG's mother, neighbors. None of the guys were present.

No further questions.

Witness excused (3:00)

Note: I think mombomb accidently put 6/23 on testimony from 6/24. (It's been a long week!) Please refer to her post dates for the correct information. :kimsterwink:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineSteph