Closing Arguments- thread #171

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oooh Jodi did not like the 'under the christmas tree' comment. She visibily shook her head and scrunched up her face with a scowl.

OMG everything is in his head. :rockon:Juan Put her in:jail:

Word for the day = apologist

I'm gonna have to google that one! :floorlaugh:

There's a big part of me that totally trusts Juan Martinez. With years of experience he knows much more than I do about how to present closing arguments.

However, there is another part of me that cries out for linear thinking where he presents a long detailed narrative beginning with the missing gun from JA's grandparent's house. Then takes the jurors through a step-by-step story about how she premeditated and carried out her well planned murderous and devious plan.

Right now JM is jumping around from one piece of evidence to the next -- which may or may not be related to each other. I'm not sure it holds the jurors' attention as well as telling a story.

Sure hope it works -- especially when it comes to proving premeditation.

I think many of us are nervous about the verdict because of how deeply we want justice for Travis and the Alexander family. Perhaps my concern about JM's style of closing is an overreaction to wanting a proper verdict so very very bad. Go Juan!

I agree, he does jump around and confuse me. He talks too fast and rambles. He should slowly, carefully do a sequential closing that the jury can keep track off. I don't know about anyone else but I have trouble understanding what he says because of the tone and jumping around.

Christmas tree gets an honorable mention. Starts to highlight that Travis should have felt safer with her back in Cali. :( Onto the sex call - there was no benefit to Travis to have taped it. The phone call is important because it shows how she handles him.

Everyone knows Travis didn't know he was being recorded. I will never buy that he knew she was recording that sex tape.

I am extremely annoyed with JW and her continuous eyerolling behavior. How rude.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jojo53