Closing arguments- thread #177

Status
Not open for further replies.
So if the jurors can only deliberate till 4:30 p.m. why even bother asking them to choose their own schedules? Surely they can deliberate late into the evenings if that's what they want?

They can only be there when the court house is open. Just like any other public building it has its hours of operation and no one can be there when it is closed. The day court ran late I assume they needed permission. I don't think they will do that on a daily basis though.

According to Jean Casarez, Jodi would be executed in 12 years max, if she gets death penalty. She would be 44.

Too Bad there is a waiting list on death row, I would suggest this murderer go straight to the top and be the next one executed.

I love all of you guys...it's been a long 4 months with you all, but I shared it with a great group.

Mike talking to JSS. Thank you good people!

Attachments

• mikejss.gif
    mikejss.gif
    113.9 KB · Views: 50
Jury's Chosen Deliberation Schedule:9-4:30, no weekends, starting Monday (from Twitter)

She did not say that she injured her finger while she was stabbing Travis. I remember the exchange quite clearly and Juan mischaracterized that testimony.

She merely said yes to a question about hurting it that day. Juan did not need to go further than that.

He can infer she did it during the stabbing, since she said it,that day. Flores,said its a common injury when you stab someone multiple times, the knife handle gets bloody and slippery.

Let's say the jury is currently selecting a forman, takes a preliminary poll and decides they may be able to reach a verdict in a few more hours, can they stay and deliberate as long as they want?

This deliberation schedule is confusing.

Just an FYI why time of deliberations is not indicative of the verdict:

O.J. Simpson was acquitted in less than four hours.

Phil Spector was convicted in 30 hours

Robert Blake was acquitted of first-degree murder in 35 hours.

Scott Peterson was convicted of first-degree and second-degree murder in seven days.

The Menendez brothers were convicted of two counts of first-degree murder for killing their parents in four days.

Of course, the woman we do not speak of was acquitted in ten hours and 40 minutes.

So, there is not much of a pattern to rely on. :twocents:

Thanks for posting that. Good reminder.

Because you have to know that by now we've all had our Lifestyle Lifts and are beautiful people. Plus, we have all watered our lawns with our Pocket Hoses and have manicured lawns. :floorlaugh:

:floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh: It feels good to laugh!!!

Unbelievable timing and need to for the MILLIONTH time throw Martinez under a bus. It's incredible. :help:

You guys :floorlaugh:
Ay caramba
To keep the peace and snark at it lowest while we wait for the verdict, there is something called the "ignore list" under User CP. :twocents:

I am using AZCENTRAL.COM/SMS/SIGNUP news alerts. They are the ones who do the live feed, and so far the text alerts have been working. Hoping they continue!

Thank you for this. Just signed up.

I served as a juror once. After a couple of weeks of testimony, when we got back to the room to deliberate we collectively exploded with relief to finally be able to talk about everything.

But we settled down and got to work pretty quickly.

Wild, you should definitely knooter around Beth Karras to gain insight. Knooter around JVM if you must, if it will annoy her ;)

It has occurred to me over the past two days that Juan Martinez is not just an intellectual assassin, but a wordsmith. And a student of literature, poetry, and the human heart and mind! Juan's closing statement will go down as one of the most effective in legal history. Better than in the movies. Better than anything on a scripted television show. Life imitating art? No, from now on, art will imitate Juan Martinez.

I did not like some of Juan's final closing. He mischaracterized Jodi's statements about the left finger. She never said that she injured it while stabbing Travis. It reflects badly on him to stoop that low. She was tripped up under cross, merely saying "yes" to the question about sustaining the ring finger injury on June 4th. That's it. Sadly, he didn't even have to mischaracterize it, just point out that she told Flores that the finger was injured on the day she killed Travis. That's all he needed to undermine her account about breaking her finger, as it contradicts her account on the stand.

His theory of the crime regarding the stabbing and ceiling pic is ridiculous. You exit the bathroom with the camera in hand to obtain the knife and then come back with the camera in still hand and then proceed to stab him? That stretches credulity to its extreme. He could have said that AFTER the ceiling pic, she exited the bathroom and dropped the camera down the hallway as she went for the knife or gun and then returned to the bathroom to kill him. This theory explains how the camera ended up down the hallway. It's far more plausible. I hope a juror isn't going to think, "well that theory of his is absurd and Jodi's does make more sense, so she must be telling the truth".

SHE KILLED HIM 3 TIMES ... the jury is not going to discount the gas cans, the turned off cell, only sex pics deleted from camera and a myriad of other Premeditated things JA did.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ecdub