GUILTY CO - 5 Dead/18 Injured in Shooting at Club Q, Colorado Springs, Nov 2022 *arrest*

I wonder why this individual was never formally charged. It sounds like it was a very serious event.
I wonder if they have a relative who was in law enforcement at the time.

Also: I understand we don't formally know the motive, but as a member of the community. Mass shooting at a drag show, on Transgender remembrance day? I know.

The shooting comes one year after a 21-year-old man named Anderson Lee Aldrich was arrested for making a bomb threat in Colorado Springs.

Residents of the Lorson Ranch neighborhood reported to the sheriff's office at the time that Aldrich had a homemade bomb, multiple weapons and ammunition.

Nearly 10 homes were evacuated in the aftermath, KRDO reported at the time, but no bombs were found at the scene.

Authorities said at the time that he refused to comply with deputy's demands to surrender, and was booked into the El Paso County Jail facing two counts of felony menacing and three counts of first-degree kidnapping.

Moo..the bomb threats etc were against the mother...so it was a domestic situation. So i will guess she did not want to file charges. There was a stand off but no actual physical harm was done. So maybe dealt with as a mental health situation. Moo

The shooting comes one year after a 21-year-old man named Anderson Lee Aldrich was arrested for making a bomb threat in Colorado Springs.

Residents of the Lorson Ranch neighborhood reported to the sheriff's office at the time that Aldrich had a homemade bomb, multiple weapons and ammunition.

Nearly 10 homes were evacuated in the aftermath, KRDO reported at the time, but no bombs were found at the scene.

Authorities said at the time that he refused to comply with deputy's demands to surrender, and was booked into the El Paso County Jail facing two counts of felony menacing and three counts of first-degree kidnapping.
Lorson Ranch is the community where the Stauch's lived when Letitia murdered Gannon.

JMO

I'm also very, very interested in that dropped case with sealed records.

Maybe a mental health diversion program? Is that a thing?
My experience with the Colorado legal system (mostly regarding DV) is that they will often plea bargain a first offense (even if it's serious) for a year of probation. If probation is successfully completed, the conviction is sealed. If it involved his mother, which it sounds like it did, that makes it domestic.

Right?! I can't remember the name of the road they lived on and I'm too lazy to look it up. :p
I couldn't let this go so I looked it up.
6627 Mandan Drive
Lorson Ranch
Colorado Springs, CO

According to an excellent local newspaper, The Colorado Times Recorder, the DA "declined to charge" ALA with the bomb threat:
Michael Allen, the 4th Judicial District Attorney, who declined to charge Aldrich in 2021, expressed sympathy for the victims and their families. “This is a tragic day for our community, and we stand in solidarity with the victims and their family members as we make sense out of a senseless crime,” he said. “Every person, regardless of who they are, has the right to be secure from fear and physical harm. Actions taken to strike fear in specific communities will not be tolerated in our community. This is particularly true for communities that have been maligned, harassed and targeted by persons or groups to intimidate and cause harm to members of those communities.”

Heavy has confirmed that Aldrich is the grandson of outgoing State Assemblymember Randy Voepel, the former mayor of Santee, California.

Last edited:
Heavy has confirmed that Aldrich is the grandson of outgoing State Assemblymember Randy Voepel, the former mayor of Santee, California.

Moo...Oooh that might of been a reason his bomb threat was dealt with quietly...moo

I wonder if they have a relative who was in law enforcement at the time.

Also: I understand we don't formally know the motive, but as a member of the community. Mass shooting at a drag show, on Transgender remembrance day? I know.
Or it could have started as road rage, lovers quarrel, they said hate crime too early IMO. Probably is knowing his rap sheet (home made bombs) but you never know.

I went to my first drag show there, as a baby queer. My friends perform there. Everyone I know is safe, but a friend of a friend was killed.

All I can do today is cry.
So sad to hear this, I went to my first show at a downtown club there years ago with gay male friends I worked with at HP and I was a straight single mom. This club is no longer there, it was on Colorado Ave headed to Old Colorado City from downtown. That was when COS was such a wonderful place to live sorry for the loss of your friend, hugs.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Autumn.Doe
Back