Found Deceased CO - Adam Gilbertson, 29, Denver, 14 Dec 2017

I am thinking that after a difficult night at the first bar he may have walked to a familiar bar to cool off. Then maybe walked across to a park where he might like to do yoga or some place he finds relaxing...so I hoping they are checking parks in the area. I wish there was more we could do to help

Is this an instance where Apple or whatever manufacturer of his cell phone is can step in to help track his phone? Can the police help with that?

No one will help with cell phone information until they get courtwork paper. I am hoping that someone in the Denver area will set up a grindr/tinder/bumble profile for missing persons.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd say check with other dating apps like Tinder and Bumble, too. Gay men use those apps, too, not just Grindr. Hopefully they have a way to pin his exact location somehow.

Have businesses/homes along the street he walked down after leaving Opera been contacted or handed over any exterior surveillance footage?

Agree with this. Someone on the Denver subreddit mentioned thinking they may have seen him on Scruff (another app) at some point as well. I'm not sure what kind of tracking is available if you don't have his login but looking into this avenue was definitely my initial thought as well

Doesn't it seem odd that Adam said "I love you guys" then blew out a candle? As if he was saying goodbye then he left in the direction away from his home? That just seems off. Do we know anything about his mental health??

Yes - I understand potential hesitancy to address this but I do think it's pretty important as well. Does this make any sense / have some other potential meaning to those of you who know him? Or is he generally a goofy guy? What insight can you provide about his (usual) general demeanor?

I have to say, just seeing that video it's hard not to think it's a little sinister. Although he does appear happy/smiling, so maybe there's another likely explanation.

Obviously it would be huge to know what he was doing on his phone (I believe one article mentioned that he was at the second bar - Syntax - for exactly 15 minutes and was one his phone the entire time)...as far as you know, did any family / friends receive communication from him that night?

Finally - I know I saw it mentioned somewhere that he was seen talking with a Hispanic man whom his friends didn't know. Can anyone link to a source or substantiate that?

Yes - I understand potential hesitancy to address this but I do think it's pretty important as well. Does this make any sense / have some other potential meaning to those of you who know him? Or is he generally a goofy guy? What insight can you provide about his (usual) general demeanor?

I have to say, just seeing that video it's hard not to think it's a little sinister. Although he does appear happy/smiling, so maybe there's another likely explanation.

Obviously it would be huge to know what he was doing on his phone (I believe one article mentioned that he was at the second bar - Syntax - for exactly 15 minutes and was one his phone the entire time)...as far as you know, did any family / friends receive communication from him that night?

Finally - I know I saw it mentioned somewhere that he was seen talking with a Hispanic man whom his friends didn't know. Can anyone link to a source or substantiate that?

Sadly, I agree - my initial reaction when I saw the Instagram video was that he knew what he was doing and knew where he was going when he left the last bar.

s marion pkwy to smith lake or west to the culvert under s kalmath st to the river are good places to look if operating under the assumption he walked himself somewhere. how tall are the two nearest bridges?

What information can we provide you? I am a friend of the family. It was my concern he was on Grindr also. I reached out to them today for assistance.

No one will help with cell phone information until they get courtwork paper. I am hoping that someone in the Denver area will set up a grindr/tinder/bumble profile for missing persons.

Have you found any documentation of passwords that he may have kept around his place?

I don't know the full answer to that question. It sounded like it was off but I am waiting on the family to confirm. They filed for courtwork to access phone and banking records. They currently only have access to email and Lyft account.

If the driver was told by Adam he felt hassled, is there a chance he would have shared similar information with friends, previously?

Thus, if he had never shared such information before with close friends then why would he with a stranger that night?

If it was intense and uncomfortable for Adam at the first venue, others would have noticed body language, conversation, etc...

I'm unaware of anyone who has given any additional video surveillance. Up to now the family was obtaining these not the police. So it has been hard to go door to door.

:welcome5:​

Thank you so much for joining and working on being verified as well. My heart goes out to Adam's family and friends. I hope he is soon found.

The timing of all this stands out to me.

Did Adam have plans for the holidays that you know?

It seems to me from watching the video at the second bar, then learning that he crossed the street, not to head back home, that Adam was in the process of trying to meet somebody/s.

If this person were premeditated in not being seen meeting Adam then they would draw him away from where anyone would see them.

Also, that they would know the area and Adam's habits. What were they for getting lunch at work, breakfast, gym? What did people there notice and could their security videos be canvassed and preserved?

I think the answer to whom Adam met may be in his recent past. Forgive me please for any nasty implication in the following speculation. My intent is not to hurt you or the family in any way.

Could it have been somebody spurned, dominant, manipulative, aggressive and super controlling, who asked Adam to make the video.

If it is such a person, then his intent would have been to isolate Adam through the night. Clearly, Adam for some reason chose not to park near the first venue. Why?

If he felt hassled at the first venue, could that have been part of the ploy?

I'm sorry to ask this and then not be around to help with your effort. Let me assure you, you will not find a more well-intended place or people than here to help you through this.

Concern and hopes for finding Adam safe and sound continue.

The burning car incident cannot be Adam. This incident was reported at 1:04 am Friday morning. This is only 9 minutes after Adam is on surveillance video leaving Syntax

I see a lot of people using the term “stalked”. That is not what was reported. He allegedly told the Lyft driver that he felt “harassed”. There is a huge difference. These types of misleading conjectures can seriously affect an investigation.

Can someone please help me find an updated, correct flyer? Would like to distribute.

"His family told Denver7 they spoke with the Lyft*driver, who told them that Gilbertson*said he "had a bad night, and had been harassed at the bar."*

The driver told Gilbertson’s family he took Adam to his car, which was parked in a Ballpark neighborhood lot.

“That car somehow got from the parking lot to his house. He's not there, the door's*unlocked -- keys on the counter,” Saesan described.

As the family continued their investigation, they found new surveillance video of Gilbertson leaving Syntax Physic Opera bar at 12:53a.m. on Friday."

https://www.thedenverchannel.com/ne...perate-to-find-son-who-went-missing-in-denver

"More of Gilbertson’s relatives are expected in Denver*from Minnesota on Sunday night.

Denver Police confirmed a missing person’s report was filed for him. Although, a department spokesperson said any detailed information on the case won’t be available until Monday morning.

The family told Denver7*the Denver Police Department told them the same thing."

https://www.thedenverchannel.com/ne...perate-to-find-son-who-went-missing-in-denver

Jest bringing forward some of the facts for anyone just joining us.

"The 29-year-old Registered Nurse didn't*show up for work on Friday morning. His family said he also missed teaching a yoga class on Saturday.

“He’s very engaged and he shows up for work. He's responsible,” Saesan added. “He is everybody's best friend, truthfully. It's heartbreaking.”"

"If you have information, contact Denver Police at 720-913-2000, re: case number 17-837-972."

Do we have any mappers available? I/we could really use a hand here please.

I'm going to start by looking for/at a geographical terrain map.

Eta: here we go:

Denver Topographic Map
The City and County of Denver's contribution to the ESRI World Topographic Map.

*Web Map*by*Douglas_geospatialDenver
Created: Jun 24, 2010*Updated: Jan 10, 2014View Count: 17,145
Details
denvergis
Credits (Attribution)
City and County of Denver
Description
The City and County of Denver's contribution to the ESRI World Topographic Map.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MambeuX
Back