Found Deceased CO - Adam Gilbertson, 29, Denver, 14 Dec 2017

After several posts on his FB page asking questions this afternoon, the admin simply posted a link to the missing adam website "http://helpfindadam.com/" in response.

That's IT. No explanations, no questions answered, nothing. Just the link.
Yup, so I asked more questions, should be interesting to see if I get another generic answer. I wanted a damn fact sheet, not a freaking map.......

This is a special case to a lot of us. Perhaps I don’t come off as sweetly as some, and I’m a bit rough around the edges, but I care deeply about this case :( And I may not be as as gentle and eloquent as our lovely Steeleslady, (Hugs!) but I have reached out to the family, written news stations, Denver PD, and local Denver politicians. I’ve been trying to do what I can. I apologize if I have been coming across in a bad way - it’s only because the lack of attention and information for sweet Adam has me cranky and frustrated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One way or the other, hun, we WILL either find Adam or get justice for him. Strength in numbers, and yes, you have been wonderful along with several of us here keeping his name up on the first page and trying to get more info from the family.

Hugs to you, too, and hang in there.

Sorry. I meant something along the lines of, "Sending love to Steelslady"...in relief of all the efforts that are coming together. This is such a special case to her.

Thank you hun. We're all going to get this ball rolling together!

We sure do share a strong and comforting connection, dear friend.

I had brunch this morning with a group of LGBTQ and Straights folks from across the area. The majority are in their 20's and 30's, very active in the community, frequent the same places as Adam, and probably know many of his acquaintances. When I mentioned this situation, most remembered hearing about it a few weeks ago, but since it fell out of the media, they either forgot about it or assumed it had been solved. I'm concerned that this is probably the case with many other folks in the community. Perhaps it suggests that there needs to be a renewed strategy or now different strategy for getting the word out again. Unfortunate but true.

Wow! That is so sad!

How many people are there on WS who know of this situation with Adam and will be in the search or have handed out posters? Are there posters around?

Where: The meeting place will be announced by Thursday, January 11 at 12N, please follow this event page for meeting location information.

Please RSVP. We need an idea of how many to expect and prepare for. Also, we will be making a list on that day to document everyone heading out to search.
This search party is subject to change based on weather or any new information we receive between now and Saturday, so please follow our page and this event invite for any changes and the updated location information.

BBM/SBM for focus

I'm trying to understand why a.) they would wait to announce the search location/area instead of posting it at the original time of the search announcement and b.) why they would be making a list of the participants.

I'm not trying to be cynical, I just don't understand either of these things (especially the first one). Anyone who's participated in or followed searches in other cases know what the rationale might be here?

BBM/SBM for focus

I'm trying to understand why a.) they would wait to announce the search location/area instead of posting it at the original time of the search announcement and b.) why they would be making a list of the participants.

I'm not trying to be cynical, I just don't understand either of these things (especially the first one). Anyone who's participated in or followed searches in other cases know what the rationale might be here?

Dub- to answer your second question - participants need a photo i.d. to search, as perpetrators can wiggle themselves into cases for their own reasons.

Dub- to answer your second question - participants need a photo i.d. to search, as perpetrators can wiggle themselves into cases for their own reasons.

So, in a broader sense, would that stipulation indicate that maybe foul play is being leaned towards more so than has been made public?

I mean, if for example there was indication/evidence that this was a self-harm scenario, there would be no need to take information from searchers, right?

I was trying not to be cynical, but it didn't work. Both of my questions above were based on things suggestive of a foul play scenario to me. Up until now I was almost positive that it was NOT foul play, but now I dunno.

I'm not sure.
I would think names are important to keep the integrity of any investigation.
Even in a self harm situation, who is to say that a wingnut searcher couldn't drop in some misleading component to contaminate a crime scene?

I'm not sure.
I would think names are important to keep the integrity of any investigation.
Even in a self harm situation, who is to say that a wingnut searcher couldn't drop in some misleading component to contaminate a crime scene?

True. You never do know.

And that actually rationalizes my first question about withholding the location of the search even more so. If a wingnut was trying to pull something like that (or the actual perp, for that matter), given the option it would make more sense to do it before the search than during it.

True. You never do know.

And that actually rationalizes my first question about withholding the location of the search even more so. If a wingnut was trying to pull something like that (or the actual perp, for that matter), given the option it would make more sense to do it before the search than during it.

Fer sher.
Thoughtful questions!

I've seen them initially hold back the location for searches before.
One recent example was the Crystal McDowell search.
They had everyone meet up at one point and then told them where the search would be.

I can think that one reason is that if they mention the search area beforehand, as gruesome as this sounds, the perp may come back and move the body. Or...people would head out to that area immediately, wanting to be the one who finds him.

JMO

Incredibly frustrated that I can’t join the search on Saturday because it’s my son’s birthday party. I really want to help find some answers on this case! Hope some of you out there are able to join and keep us updated.

IF adam met foul play, i would think that it would be more likely that it was at the hand of someone he had communication with that night, not a random off the street type thing (although there is a possibility of that, it's more probable he knew that person). so i would HOPE the cops would be going through all his communication and questioning, at least, his last contacts. could that be why things are so quiet? they kinda have some persons of interest, they have no idea where he is so they are searching of course, but maybe people are being interrogated and investigated. that's the only excuse i could come up with for the reason why police are not giving out any information.

are the police obligated to tell the family what they are doing? what do they tell the family if they aren't?

i really want to believe that things are going on behind the scenes, i don't want it to be true that LE isn't making this as important as a young girl's disappearance. unfortunately, there is probably a bit of a bias, being a male and no evidence of 'foul play' currently... they could certainly put it on the back burner as a 'voluntarily missing' person. i just am not sure if they need to keep the family in the loop with exact info on what angle they are taking.

nonetheless, i really want adam to be found, and found alive. he looks like he has such a gentle heart... his eyes are so kind. every day i log in hoping a FOUND SAFE tag is next to his name..

:please:adam!

O/T, from Blaze Bernsein's thread

Sorry if repost

"She told ABC News the drone flew for one day and teams are now combing through that footage.

"It's a great technology," she told ABC News. "It's going to take a lot of time to go through all the data they collected."

"We are only just beginning," she said. "The world is a big place and we are hunting aggressively for answers."

"Carrie Braun, a spokeswoman for the Orange County Sheriff's Department, said any private drone search would be separate from the sheriff's office investigation. She added that Bernstein's disappearance is still considered an active missing person case."

http://abcnews.go.com/US/blaze-bern...-find-missing-upenn-student/story?id=52232836

Yes, the drone search is/was organized by family and friends. It is not an official search:

An announcement about the volunteer effort, posted Saturday night on a Facebook page titled “Help us find Blaze Bernstein” reads:

“Orange County 107 Drone Pilots: My friend’s son is missing, and I have been given a green light to plan an independent SAR mission for Part 107 FAA Certified Drone Pilots. Blaze Bernstein, 19, was last seen on Tuesday night at 10:30pm at Borrego Park in Foothill Ranch. OCPD has completed a dog search, human search, and a helicopter search.”

The Federal Aviation Administration’s Part 107 regulation was devised to integrate the use of drones into the National Airspace System.

The drone pilot who posted the announcement, Josh Friedman, also stated in the post, “I know that a lot of pilots want to help which is why I am only asking for 107 pilots following all 107 rules! You can fly any time of day. I am not coordinating times, so be aware that other pilots will be around throughout the day. If there is any police activity please cease flight, and you are responsible for you, your drone, and your surroundings. If you find something of extreme interest contact OCPD at 714-647-7000.”

Friedman said that at least 15 certified pilots flew drones around the wilderness park at staggered times on Sunday.

“I am then collecting all the video footage and putting it onto a site where we’re going to organize volunteers to look at the footage and get more eyes on it over the next week,” said Friedman, owner of One Zero Digital Media, a Tustin company specializing in drone photography and video.

https://www.ocregister.com/2018/01/...19-year-old-student-blake-bernstein-vanished/

Latest information from the Help Find Adam Facebook Page:

"Attention all:

There will be an organized search party for Adam Ronald Gilbertson on Saturday, January 13, 2018 from 10 a.m. until 4 p.m. in Denver, CO. Please join us if you are willing and able to join the search. If you choose to join us, please be prepared to be on your feet for up to six hours. This may not be for everyone and if you are looking to help in other ways we are always looking for folks to distribute flyers and help share on social media. We appreciate any willing volunteers to join us on foot to search for our beloved, son, brother, cousin, uncle, nephew, and friend.

Adam went missing early in the morning on December 15 at 12:53 a.m. He was last seen alone, leaving Syntax Physic Opera at 554 South Broadway in Denver, CO. Adam is so loved and we, the family, are desperate for any information leading to his whereabouts.

For more information about Adam and his case see www.helpfindadam.com or like and follow our facebook page Find Adam Ronald Gilbertson.

Search Party Information:
When: Saturday, January 13, 2018 10 a.m. – 4 p.m. (please be prompt)
Where: The meeting place will be announced by Thursday, January 11 at 12N, please follow this event page for meeting location information.
What to bring: Wear good walking shoes and dress for the elements (warm jacket, long pants, hat, gloves,etc) – The weather looks decent as of now, 40’s and partly cloudy. Bring a backpack and some drinking water, maybe some protein bars or other snacks.

Please RSVP. We need an idea of how many to expect and prepare for. Also, we will be making a list on that day to document everyone heading out to search.
This search party is subject to change based on weather or any new information we receive between now and Saturday, so please follow our page and this event invite for any changes and the updated location information.

Thank you in advance for any help you can give to us at this time. Please share with your friends."

Thank you!

Weather for Sat?

:lookingitup:

SATURDAY: Partly cloudy and seasonal. Morning lows from 19° to 24°, afternoon highs from 41° to 45°.
http://www.9news.com/article/weather/forecast/denver-weather-forecast/73-223217278

BBM/SBM for focus

Search areas are often kept confidential in other cases I've followed, in order to protect the integrity of the investigation, however that may be applicable.

Almost a month later... I’m afraid that they probably trusted law-enforcement to do their job. And now they are finally taking things into their own hands. I’m so sad it’s taken this long for them to do an organized search.

They've been largely on their own from the start. I remember a post saying they were gathering surveillance video from surrounding businesses and it was taking some time to get it because they were doing it themselves.

It sure seems like Denver LE doesn't consider his disappearance a priority. Hopefully they're doing things the public is unaware of that will prove me wrong eventually.

Do locals see posters around?

I live in Denver and Councilman Jolon Clark included the poster in his January newsletter that I received today. He’s also posted about it on his Facebook page. There are also posters on the telephone poles in Adam’s neighborhood. I haven’t been on Broadway to notice there.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mamabee1221
Back