Found Deceased CO - Adam Gilbertson, 29, Denver, 14 Dec 2017

I live in Denver and Councilman Jolon Clark included the poster in his January newsletter that I received today. He’s also posted about it on his Facebook page. There are also posters on the telephone poles in Adam’s neighborhood. I haven’t been on Broadway to notice there.

Thanks. It would be good to have a lot as some people are not on the net

Since I’m stuck on the area lakes as Adam’s possible location -South Lake and Smith Lake at Washington Park in particular :(- I thought I’d share something I saw while reading another thread:

“More than two months after her disappearance. A tip lead police to the private lake at the corner of Tabortown Street and East Moyer Drive, more than 20 minutes from Oswald's home.

It took crews two days to recover the vehicle which was submerged under 10 inches of ice and in the car a body of an unidentified female.” (BBM)
http://www.mywabashvalley.com/news/still-searching-for-answers/907029286

“THPD said authorities began work on Thursday, drilling pilot holes in the ice of a pond in Southeastern Vigo County. Officials say a vehicle was discovered in the pond, and the process of locating it spanned two days with 30 to 40 people working the scene.

Friday, crews sent a camera underwater and later two divers. That's when they found a burgundy Honda CRV and police confirmed it belongs to Alice "Anita" Oswald.

Authorities say it took a lot of effort to get the car out of the frozen water, but were successful in getting it out at 3:30 Friday afternoon.” (BBM)
http://www.wthitv.com/content/news/Preliminary-autopsy-results-for-body-found-in-pond-468214653.html

In Anita’s case,
1. They had a tip that lead them to a specific location (they announced a $5,000 reward for information on Anita a little over a month after she went missing);
http://www.whio.com/news/local/rewa...ing-terre-haute-woman/kLBLtvOkzPQro1mCfmBubP/

2. LE began to suspect foul play early in the case, especially after “(a) suspicious fire destroyed her home after her family reported her missing.” (the fire happened within a couple of days of Anita’s disappearance);

3. The yet-to-be officially identified body was found inside a car, which matched the description of the one that belonged to Anita. It is easier to spot a vehicle than a body, particularly underwater, IMO.

Based on what has been reported re: Adam’s case:
1. LE hasn’t gotten a tip as to where he may be;

2. LE isn’t necessarily suspecting foul play (in my opinion, all missing person cases should be treated equally, regardless of suspected reason; in instances where there is a danger to the general public, those ones should be a top priority, however);

3. Adam’s vehicle was left behind

So -though very unfortunate- LE may be not be as inclined to devote resources on extensive search activities, such as the one described above.

Could the family and volunteers organize underwater searches, though? The PI may be aware of organizations that specialize in these types of searches, either for a fee or on a volunteer basis. Perhaps they could fly a drone over bodies of water to see if they can locate a spot(s) to focus on? Also, -although this may sound silly- when I think of Minnesota, one of the things that comes to mind is ice-fishing; is this a skill that may come in handy in conducting underwater searches, especially under current weather conditions in Denver? Of course, in all of the above scenarios, searchers’ safety should be the number one priority.

I am so glad that there is a search planned to help find Adam. While I am too far away to help, I have offered help to the family behind the scenes. Perhaps some of us could reach out to the community to help find volunteers to help this family.

These were the lakes on Sunday, (along with a bench photo from a few weeks ago i thought i'd throw in)
Still trying to get permission from Denver Parks & Rec to do a drone search...
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• Unknown.jpg
    Unknown.jpg
    134.2 KB · Views: 58
  • Unknown-1.jpg
    Unknown-1.jpg
    101.1 KB · Views: 278
  • Unknown.jpg
    Unknown.jpg
    134.2 KB · Views: 274
  • Unknown-2.jpg
    Unknown-2.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 272
These were the lakes on Sunday, (along with a bench photo from a few weeks ago i thought i'd throw in)
Still trying to get permission from Denver Parks & Rec to do a drone search...
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

(O/T, note to self to find post from other thread (NOCO Shootings, see signature for refence) to show you how I actually came across this Drone Company in Golden, crazy.... (great team work, love it)...good to see how information learned in one case can carry over to another! I am just stoked they are willing to help!)

(Eta: DXD, o/t, also, see post 675 re: the use of drones in Blaze Bernstien's case)

Again, I really wish they'd get TES in (Texas Equusearch)....Again, the family and LE have to request/approve, and have a direction for Tim and crew to approach....I did send a message about this recommendation to the family fb page. TES has all equipment, sonar, drones (used in Christina Morris's case for example, and Natale Hollowway's....and Terrill Monette, the list goes on and on... (which reminds me, did they find Cheryl Hall on Sunday?).

www.texasequusearch.org

Thanks so much Margarita25 for all you are doing to keep this case current.
I am looking forward to the search on Saturday -I wish I was there to help- hopefully with some news about Adam.

Thanks so much Margarita25 for all you are doing to keep this case current.
I am looking forward to the search on Saturday -I wish I was there to help- hopefully with some news about Adam.

Thank you, yurena.

Off the record, I'm very nervous about Saturday. This would obviously be a recovery mission, and one has to:
a) Know if this is something they can mentally (and physically) handle
b) Know when to step away for one own's health and sanity (I can not stress enough how important of a skill this is for Websleuthers). Going out a month later vs immediately after one disappears are two totally different things.

The reason I bring this up is I've been thinking a lot about a private conversation I had with our Late Great Foxfire, who had participated in a search. They found the remains. And what Foxfire told me about what he saw re: the condition of the remains discovered is an awful vision, one that neither of us could get out of our heads, one of which I will spare you guys the very awful vision. :( This makes me question my decision to search Saturday.

This is why I'm glad the family clearly stated that this is not for everyone, and recommended other ways to help.

But I/we have waited for this moment for a long time, the opportunity to search. But anyone going out looking for remains needs to fully understand what all is at stake here.

I will be going on Saturday. I hope there are not cameras.

Since I’m stuck on the area lakes as Adam’s possible location -South Lake and Smith Lake at Washington Park in particular :(- I thought I’d share something I saw while reading another thread:

“More than two months after her disappearance. A tip lead police to the private lake at the corner of Tabortown Street and East Moyer Drive, more than 20 minutes from Oswald's home.

It took crews two days to recover the vehicle which was submerged under 10 inches of ice and in the car a body of an unidentified female.” (BBM)
http://www.mywabashvalley.com/news/still-searching-for-answers/907029286

“THPD said authorities began work on Thursday, drilling pilot holes in the ice of a pond in Southeastern Vigo County. Officials say a vehicle was discovered in the pond, and the process of locating it spanned two days with 30 to 40 people working the scene.

Friday, crews sent a camera underwater and later two divers. That's when they found a burgundy Honda CRV and police confirmed it belongs to Alice "Anita" Oswald.

Authorities say it took a lot of effort to get the car out of the frozen water, but were successful in getting it out at 3:30 Friday afternoon.” (BBM)
http://www.wthitv.com/content/news/Preliminary-autopsy-results-for-body-found-in-pond-468214653.html

In Anita’s case,
1. They had a tip that lead them to a specific location (they announced a $5,000 reward for information on Anita a little over a month after she went missing);
http://www.whio.com/news/local/rewa...ing-terre-haute-woman/kLBLtvOkzPQro1mCfmBubP/

2. LE began to suspect foul play early in the case, especially after “(a) suspicious fire destroyed her home after her family reported her missing.” (the fire happened within a couple of days of Anita’s disappearance);

3. The yet-to-be officially identified body was found inside a car, which matched the description of the one that belonged to Anita. It is easier to spot a vehicle than a body, particularly underwater, IMO.

Based on what has been reported re: Adam’s case:
1. LE hasn’t gotten a tip as to where he may be;

2. LE isn’t necessarily suspecting foul play (in my opinion, all missing person cases should be treated equally, regardless of suspected reason; in instances where there is a danger to the general public, those ones should be a top priority, however);

3. Adam’s vehicle was left behind

So -though very unfortunate- LE may be not be as inclined to devote resources on extensive search activities, such as the one described above.

Could the family and volunteers organize underwater searches, though? The PI may be aware of organizations that specialize in these types of searches, either for a fee or on a volunteer basis. Perhaps they could fly a drone over bodies of water to see if they can locate a spot(s) to focus on? Also, -although this may sound silly- when I think of Minnesota, one of the things that comes to mind is ice-fishing; is this a skill that may come in handy in conducting underwater searches, especially under current weather conditions in Denver? Of course, in all of the above scenarios, searchers’ safety should be the number one priority.

Note to look up who exactly did the diving in Dylan's case...and also which specific water K9s they used, and from where....(yes, there are specially trained dogs for water).

(Gosh, not kidding, I was actually going to do it (dive) then realized I am nooooot skilled to be diving in those temperatures, conditions, etc..)

I live in Denver and Councilman Jolon Clark included the poster in his January newsletter that I received today. He’s also posted about it on his Facebook page. There are also posters on the telephone poles in Adam’s neighborhood. I haven’t been on Broadway to notice there.

Welcome InColorado. Thanks for the update. Great to see the locals joining here in support of Adam.

:welcome3:

YOu are so right about being prepared for what you will find. My husband was one of those that found the remains of Jessica Ridgeway, and he still has horrible nightmares. :( Prayers to everyone that participates in the search on Saturday.

YOu are so right about being prepared for what you will find. My husband was one of those that found the remains of Jessica Ridgeway, and he still has horrible nightmares. :( Prayers to everyone that participates in the search on Saturday.

Ommmggggggggggggggggg.....no words :( That would have been just a torso? At Patridge Park? Or are you talking about in the crawl space (rest of remains)?

Jessica brought me here, see quote below my giraffe.

(Do you know her mom Sarah just gave birth to another child? :heart: I'll link it for you:
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...roject-Westminster-PD&p=13825140#post13825140)

I'm expecting an excellent turnout for Saturday.

Do we know where LE has already searched?

In other cases, the searchers submit all their detailed info. I've also seen where they are equipped with individual GPS devices so they can review later on a screen what all ground was covered, and what might have been missed (CUE / Search for Heather Elvis...ironically, someone else's remains were found!!).

I doubt that will be the case here as this is a volunteer search. But if this was a child abduction case, I know the searchers themselves would likely be scrutinized quite closely.

Beforehand, all searchers will be given instructions not to touch anything, etc.

Will we be in a standard grid? Arm to arm with strangers? All connected with the common goal of finding Adam....this tugs at my heart, a lot.

Hi all - I live a few blocks from Syntax. This case has been on my mind since coming home from the holidays and seeing the posters (they're all over our neighborhood). I'm roughly Adam's age - he could easily have been any number of my friends. I run my dog regularly in Wash park. If this forum needs any information on the area that would help the case, let me know. My only comment is the speculation on the lakes in Wash Park - they're pretty shallow and they're also not that close to Syntax. Good luck to the folks searching on Saturday!!

Hi all - I live a few blocks from Syntax. This case has been on my mind since coming home from the holidays and seeing the posters (they're all over our neighborhood). I'm roughly Adam's age - he could easily have been any number of my friends. I run my dog regularly in Wash park. If this forum needs any information on the area that would help the case, let me know. My only comment is the speculation on the lakes in Wash Park - they're pretty shallow and they're also not that close to Syntax. Good luck to the folks searching on Saturday!!

Welcome rockybot!!

:welcome:

I think as far as lakes go, Smith Lake stands out on a map, moo...
Thoughts?

Smith Lake looks big but I don't think it's deep - based on our runs there in the summer I think you'd have to wade out pretty far to be fully submerged? The lake on the opposite end of the park (Grasmere) seems a bit deeper.

Smith Lake looks big but I don't think it's deep - based on our runs there in the summer I think you'd have to wade out pretty far to be fully submerged? The lake on the opposite end of the park (Grasmere) seems a bit deeper.

Grasmere....hmmmm
:lookingitup:

*actually, I think I already posted on this upstream....but maybe that was only Smith Lake...anyway:

http://www.fishexplorer.com/co/lakedet.asp?lid=3543

(O/T, juuuuust out of curiosity, how deep was the lake Taleka Patrick was found in?
:lookingitup:

Eta:

"It now appears the 30-year-old Kalamazoo medical resident accidentally drowned in a pond a few hundred feet from where her car was found abandoned, Sheriff Richard Fuller said at a Wednesday morning press conference."

Snip

"The body was found several hundred feet away in the southeast corner of the pond."

Snip

"6. Weather delayed the discovery of Patrick's body, as did initial misinformation about her vehicle.

Snip

"During those five days, the weather had taken an abrupt turn.

There was no snow on the ground or ice on Lake Charles when Patrick disappeared.

But temperatures plunged the next day, Dec. 6, and stayed below freezing, quickly icing over the pond, which stayed frozen until the first week of April."

Source: http://www.mlive.com/news/kalamazoo/index.ssf/2014/04/teleka_patrick_case_4_things_w.html

Still looking for pond depth...or is it Lake Charles, I hate how details fade with time...

"ASSOCIATED PRESS*
April 09, 2014 10:50 AM

An autopsy determined that a body found in an Indiana lake is that of a Michigan doctor who had been missing since December, authorities said Wednesday."

Also, the young man found in the ponds in CO recently, Aravind, surely that wasn't that deep :lookingitup: :

Body found in Longmont pond ID'd as missing teen Aravind Elangovan
http://www.timescall.com/longmont-local-news/ci_30920987/aravind-elangovan-body-found-longmont-pond

Info on Golden Ponds:
https://www.longmontcolorado.gov/Ho...yDirectory/FacilityDirectory/70/710?selcat=79

(I'm all over the place here....)
)

(Just found this:

Metro ponds with docks

Post By: **********Posted: 1/13/2014 1:09:02 PM*****Points:*595 ***

I'm trying to come up with a list of metro ponds with easily accessible docks... so far:

1) Overland Park Pond
2) Grasmere Pond
3)
4)
5)
6)
7)

http://www.fishexplorer.com/co/fxrforum.asp?action=det&pid=384448

)

If Adam is in the water, he might be found in the Spring. I remember reading articles in Dylan's case about the various factors that influence and contribute to this. Moo. (Note Taleka's disappearance in December and discovery in April.)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back