Found Deceased CO - Adam Gilbertson, 29, Denver, 14 Dec 2017

Nevermind. I just saw an update and I don't think this is related. It has not been classified as a homicide.

He definitely could've been headed to Wash Park, but as a lot of other folks have said - it's a high traffic area. Wash Park feels a little too public and open.

as popular as it is, the south lake is huge and his been partially iced over, and the last time it happened there it took 8 weeks for someone to discover a body :( I’m still convinced he’s there :(

YOu are so right about being prepared for what you will find. My husband was one of those that found the remains of Jessica Ridgeway, and he still has horrible nightmares. :( Prayers to everyone that participates in the search on Saturday.

Omg. I have PTSD and I cannot imagine the horrifying images he must have at times. My sincere prayers for you both. That case was so awful.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

My thought is Smith Lake is far too popular of a place for unscrupulous activity to occur and too popular of a place for him to go unnoticed.

Rather, my thought is the lake at Overland Lake near Ruby Hill Park - for one it’s a similar distance from Syntax; and two, it’s not as popular.

He definitely could've been headed to Wash Park, but as a lot of other folks have said - it's a high traffic area. Wash Park feels a little too public and open.

Stats on Overland Lake ("Surface Area: 1.7 acres; Max Depth: ~ 6 ft")
https://www.denvergov.org/content/d...EQ/WQ/2016 Lake Reports/OverlandDraft2015.pdf

According to Google Maps, it's a 31- to 39-minute walk from Syntax to Overland Lake. The lake is located southwest of Syntax (in the opposite direction from Adam's apartment):
https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Syn...912f3!2m2!1d-104.9964566!2d39.6893786!3e2!5i1

Definite possibility, IMO.

I wonder why the family won't take help from places where volunteers search land and water? Especially after all this time, and it seems like LE isn't interested one iota in helping them. I wouldn't want to live in a place where LE has no concern for a loved one that is missing.

-RSBM for focus-

(O/T, juuuuust out of curiosity, how deep was the lake Taleka Patrick was found in?
:lookingitup:

Eta:

"It now appears the 30-year-old Kalamazoo medical resident accidentally drowned in a pond a few hundred feet from where her car was found abandoned, Sheriff Richard Fuller said at a Wednesday morning press conference."

Snip

"The body was found several hundred feet away in the southeast corner of the pond."

Snip

"6. Weather delayed the discovery of Patrick's body, as did initial misinformation about her vehicle.

Snip

"During those five days, the weather had taken an abrupt turn.

There was no snow on the ground or ice on Lake Charles when Patrick disappeared.

But temperatures plunged the next day, Dec. 6, and stayed below freezing, quickly icing over the pond, which stayed frozen until the first week of April."

Source: http://www.mlive.com/news/kalamazoo/index.ssf/2014/04/teleka_patrick_case_4_things_w.html

Still looking for pond depth...or is it Lake Charles, I hate how details fade with time...

-RSBM for focus-
RBBM

"4. How did Patrick end up in the pond?
It was a dark night, and the pond is surrounded by an earth berm and considerable brush, Fuller said.
It's possible that Patrick walked over the berm, not realizing what was on the other side, and then stumbled down the steep slope into the water, Fuller said.

'It's very rough terrain,' he said.

However, while the pond has a maximum depth of 21 feet, it's not that sudden of a drop-off -- Patrick's body was found in 3 feet of water.

So it's unclear why Patrick didn't quickly pull herself out of the water.

Fuller did not know if Patrick could swim." (BBM)
http://www.mlive.com/news/kalamazoo/index.ssf/2014/04/teleka_patrick_case_4_things_w.html

Thanks - don’t think this is related to Adam since the search warrant was for a missing Federal Heights man’s home.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

From above:

"...Dec. 28 missing person case.."

Adam's date is listed in the thread title here as Dec. 14.

This article says "The early hours of December 15 is when Gilbertson disappeared. Over the last seven days, friends and family have traveled to help find him."
http://kdvr.com/2017/12/21/adam-gilbertsons-family-travels-to-denver-to-search-for-the-missing-man/

Omg. I have PTSD and I cannot imagine the horrifying images he must have at times. My sincere prayers for you both. That case was so awful.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

(O/T, I do too, from when Jessica was murdered and her killer had not yet been apprehended...won't go into that now but I have many times before here...now, as related to Saturday's upcoming search for Adam, one of my fears then....sigh...sorry, this getting intense...let's just not go there....point is...this is intense and serious business, this upcoming search. I hope Adam's family gets all the support they need.

as popular as it is, the south lake is huge and his been partially iced over, and the last time it happened there it took 8 weeks for someone to discover a body :( I’m still convinced he’s there :(

Warning graphic:

If he's not underwater, maybe he is caught in something near the water? Brush? Rocks?

Also, looking now for a water drainage map, culverts, etc.

Aerial sateliite map, looking specifically at thick brushy areas near the water...

Of course with the upcoming search, Adam's family must obviously have an area isolated. (Bless their hearts.)

RBBM

"4. How did Patrick end up in the pond?
It was a dark night, and the pond is surrounded by an earth berm and considerable brush, Fuller said.
It's possible that Patrick walked over the berm, not realizing what was on the other side, and then stumbled down the steep slope into the water, Fuller said.

'It's very rough terrain,' he said.

However, while the pond has a maximum depth of 21 feet, it's not that sudden of a drop-off -- Patrick's body was found in 3 feet of water.

So it's unclear why Patrick didn't quickly pull herself out of the water.

Fuller did not know if Patrick could swim." (BBM)
http://www.mlive.com/news/kalamazoo/index.ssf/2014/04/teleka_patrick_case_4_things_w.html

Thank you, inmyhumbleopinion....
That's what I was looking for...

These were the lakes on Sunday, (along with a bench photo from a few weeks ago i thought i'd throw in)
Still trying to get permission from Denver Parks & Rec to do a drone search...
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

From the press conference at the new Denver rec center on Monday, I found out the deputy director of parks specifically (as opposed to facilities) is Scott Gilmore. John Martinez must be deputy director focused on facilities. Don’t know if this helps at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I checked the shoreline well, only a few spots have brush... there is a little island full of trees but it isn’t accessible unless you walk on the ice

Hmmmm...

I'd like to see a visual of this...

Eta: actually I see it, if it's the same one, in the photos you posted...I'm confused if we are talking about the same Lakes though.

So, what all lakes and bodies of water do we have here, trying to keep all these straight, Smith, Grasmere, Overland...going back to map.

Welcome justsomedude and DigitalxDream!!

Ah yes, the late GREAT Foxfire! He is sorely missed. And perusing other threads LOS is gone too. Both men were advocates for Missing Persons.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lilhuda
Back