Found Deceased CO - Amy Ahonen, 38, Golden, 8 July 2011

I think if she had been planning to go hiking she would have wanted to take a shower before work. So if she left her house after 1:00, she would have been where the car was found at about 2. Maybe she planned on spending an hour and a half or so up in the mountains. You figure she would have wanted to be back at home at maybe 4:45 at the latest to shower, get ready and get to work about an hour later (that would be if she worked at the Commerce City Red Lobster which is closest to her house). If she was just driving around maybe she didn't plan to shower but if she went hiking I'm pretty sure she would have.

A coworker said she always arrived at work 15 minutes early, and with clothes freshly pressed. --So, that reduces the time just a bit. Thank you for your very insightful thoughts.

Thank you for the welcome. :seeya:

Initially, the media was reporting inaccurate information. LE did not make contact with her. For whatever reason, LE actually said they 'made contact with her vehicle', which was misconstrued by the media. Essentially, they saw the vehicle beside the road around 10pm, and tagged it. There were also reports that Amy called the police for help, this information is also false.

As you said, LE did tell the family they think Amy slipped and fell in the water. LE searched the water for two miles in each direction, then called off the search after checking the 'bigger rocks' within that area. Something's just not right with all of this.

I think the fact that LE stated they made contact with her in her vehicle at night (and she said she did not need assistance) is what is leading some to suggest she may have gone there at night for some intentional purpose. There is conflicting info, however, about this contact. Other reports say that LE simply saw her car on the roadside and called in the tag. I'm not sure if we ever heard a definitive result. LE did say they told the family they thought Amy might have gone to that location to view the rushing waters. You can find the link to this article I'm referring to in the very first post. Don't really know why they would think that.

Welcome, Ophelia.

Praying for Amy and her fam & friends. I just bumped Kenia Monge's thread for you to see. It can be found here too: CO CO - Kenia Monge, 19, Denver nightclub, 31 March 2011 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community. Before you read it, Travis is implicated in some pretty heinous things. Some info here may be upsetting.

Re: your question, yes, LT's car was recovered when they arrested Travis in Ft Collins July 10. Looks like he had it from 7/5-7/10. I didn't have much time today to look for the article mentioning her vehicle, but I know it was broadcast on 9news at one point as I saw that newscast.

I think of Amy everyday and always check to see if she has been located. I wish we could find some more information to keep this story flowing.

Welcome, Ophelia.

Praying for Amy and her fam & friends. I just bumped Kenia Monge's thread for you to see. It can be found here too: CO CO - Kenia Monge, 19, Denver nightclub, 31 March 2011 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community. Before you read it, Travis is implicated in some pretty heinous things. Some info here may be upsetting.

Re: your question, yes, LT's car was recovered when they arrested Travis in Ft Collins July 10. Looks like he had it from 7/5-7/10. I didn't have much time today to look for the article mentioning her vehicle, but I know it was broadcast on 9news at one point as I saw that newscast.

I look for article on the recovery of LT car and couldn't find one. My understanding he was arrested walking down the street with a girl.

Already? She was only missing for 5 days at that time? What is the "normal search period"? 5 days seems awfully short.

She is such a lovely girl, really hope they find her soon - safe & sound..

I believe this was only the search and rescue efforts for her as a missing hiker, which seems typical from what I can recall. In terms of her as a missing person, it's my understanding from articles I've read that there is still an ongoing Police investigation into any leads.

I look for article on the recovery of LT car and couldn't find one. My understanding he was arrested walking down the street with a girl.

I haven't had time to look, but I do know it was reported on the evening news on 9 News in Denver the night I wrote the post (7/12/11). I live in Denver and 9 News had run a teaser about Travis Forbes updates that night, so I sat down with a notepad and my phone to post new info to Websleuths asap. Crazy busy week for me this week, but if you or someone else want to call 9 News to ask if they have confirmed with LE what they broadcast, that he was driving LT's car the night he was arrested, that might be a good start. I know they reported it, and that there was a media frenzy around Travis for a few days with numerous local stations giving regular updates. Some of the articles gave more detail than others. I was also the one who posted about him walking with the girl. In following these cases, we all know the reporters sometimes mix things up. Shrug??

I took a quick minute and emailed the reporter covering this story at 9 News to confirm. I'll let you know if I hear back.

CBS News has a photogallery of Amy:

http://www.cbsnews.com/2300-504083_162-10008756.html?tag=page

It would be nice to see her featured on a national show like 48 Hours Mystery.

I still think there's a chance she went into the water but as time goes on I think it becomes much less probable. Clear Creek flows through some heavily populated areas as it comes down out of the mountains into Denver. It goes through the Coors plant and part of my bike commute used to be along a path that runs next to Clear Creek, which at at some points saw a good bit of pedestrian and bike traffic.

I hope LE has processed her car as a possible crime scene.

I believe this was only the search and rescue efforts for her as a missing hiker, which seems typical from what I can recall. In terms of her as a missing person, it's my understanding from articles I've read that there is still an ongoing Police investigation into any leads.

Thanks for clearing that up for me:banghead:

It's odd how someone can just vanish...are the police at a total loss for leads? This story doesn't seem to be getting much attention, really.

Thanks for the welcome, and also for the link to Kenia's thread since I'm very interested in keeping up to date on her, also. I've been scouring the internet daily for anything new on Amy, Kenia and Travis. So, I'm acquainted with what the monster has done so far, that we know about. I will certainly follow the thread.

Just so I'm clear: you're saying it seems as though Travis had LT's car from 7/5 to 7/10? Amy was last seen early afternoon on 7/8.

Update:

Amy's family has been in contact with, among others, Texas Equusearch. We heard today that Texas Equusearch have agreed to help find Amy. I don't know when searching will resume, but will update when I have more info.

Also--some of you have mentioned contacting national outlets like Nancy Grace, etc. Amy's family and close friends have been repeatedly contacting pretty much everyone they can find on a national level who deals with missing persons. They're not getting very far, but I believe they have had a few responses. (Nothing from Nancy Grace) --We haven't heard of anything coming of it, however. I'm sure they will continue trying.

Do we know if her ex still lives in the area?

I am just stunned that nothing seems to be happening for Amy, no major media, I am so sorry. I can't imagine she would just leave her car open, her things in it, and decide to walk along a creek and happen to fall in...I think she met with foul play of some sort. She has to be somewhere...

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back