Identified! CO - Boulder Co., WhtFem 'Boulder Jane Doe, 17-20, Mar'54 - Dorothy Howard

Yes, "Someone's Daughter" is at the printer's and will be out in late Sept. or early Oct. The focus remains on Jane Doe. Thanks for asking.

I look forward to getting it and reading it. Will you be doing autograph plates - some authors do, where if I send you a self addressed stamped envelope you will send one? Pretty please?

I look forward to getting it and reading it. Will you be doing autograph plates - some authors do, where if I send you a self addressed stamped envelope you will send one? Pretty please?

I hadn't thought about autograph plates, but I will be selling copies (for the same retail price) and will be glad to sign them per individual request and mail them to those who order. Please email me directly at pettem@earthlink.net for more information. Thanks!

The book on the Boulder Jane Doe case is now available. Ask for it at your favorite bookstore, order it from Amazon.com, or contact me directly (pettem@earthlink.net) to purchase a signed copy. And thanks for caring about this still-unidentified murder victim.

<snip>

Identity gives important link in piecing together 1954 homicide
By Brittany Anas, Camera Staff Writer
Posted: 10/28/2009 01:17:53 PM MDT

Photo of Dorothy Gay Howard, who has been identified as Boulder's "Jane Doe." The picture was taken when she was 17, circa 1953. (Boulder County Sheriff's Office)
Boulder County's famed “Jane Doe” — the homicide victim whose identity has been a mystery for more than five decades — was identified today by the sheriff as a woman who went missing from Arizona.

Sheriff Joe Pelle announced that the woman's identity has been confirmed as Dorothy Gay Howard, who was reported missing from Phoenix, Ariz., in March 1954. She was 18 years old at the time of her disappearance.

more here

http://www.dailycamera.com/boulder-county-news/ci_13658937

<snip>

Identity gives important link in piecing together 1954 homicide
By Brittany Anas, Camera Staff Writer
Posted: 10/28/2009 01:17:53 PM MDT

Photo of Dorothy Gay Howard, who has been identified as Boulder's "Jane Doe." The picture was taken when she was 17, circa 1953. (Boulder County Sheriff's Office)
Boulder County's famed &#8220;Jane Doe&#8221; &#8212; the homicide victim whose identity has been a mystery for more than five decades &#8212; was identified today by the sheriff as a woman who went missing from Arizona.

Sheriff Joe Pelle announced that the woman's identity has been confirmed as Dorothy Gay Howard, who was reported missing from Phoenix, Ariz., in March 1954. She was 18 years old at the time of her disappearance.

more here

http://www.dailycamera.com/boulder-county-news/ci_13658937

WOW!!!! that's such great news and gives hope for other UIDs. Kudos to Sylvia for all of your perseverance! It's wonderful that Dot has her name back & that her family has some sort of 'closure'. Wonderful!

hmmm...dear admin folk, i was wondering...could this possibly be flagged up with an 'Identified' tag? it really is big news! after all, 55 years is a long time & it really does give one hope :)

WOW! Unbelievable. Silvia, I can't even begin to imagine what you are feeling now. You have done such incredible work on this case. I'm so glad this was finally solved. Dorothy was a beautiful young woman.

Thanks again for all your hard work on the case!

Boulder Jane Doe, now Dorothy or Dot, has been an inspiration for many of us. Her family probably knows that the search for Dorothy's identity actually lead to several other missing women being found. It's as if even through all these years, Dorothy's spirit, had a purpose in leading investigators to look for several other missing women and allowing their families to finally know where they were. Dorothy can now rest in peace. It's wonderful her family wants her to stay in Boulder near those who have adopted her and taken care of her memory. God Bless you Dorothy. And bless Sylvia because it's been her persistence and drive that made this possible. This is amazing. Makes all of us websleuthers want to get busy another case!!

That's great news on here for a change! Congrats to Silvia and Steve Ainsworth and all those who toiled for so many years in trying to find the name of this beautiful young woman. RIP Dot.

That's great news on here for a change! Congrats to Silvia and Steve Ainsworth and all those who toiled for so many years in trying to find the name of this beautiful young woman. RIP Dot.

Yes, definitely kudos go to the Boulder Co. Sheriff Dept. for their persistent work on this case too!

Wow! I can't believe she has finally been identified!

Congrats to you Sylvia. If it were not for you Dorothy would have remained a missing person and Jane Doe's case file would have continued gathering dust. I can't imagine how you are feeling right now. To put so much time, emotional and physical energy into something like this and see it all pay off like this is certainly a feeling I don't think I have ever had.

RIP Dorothy.

I saw this on the news last night. My condolences to the Howard family, but it must also be a relief to know what happened to their sister/aunt. COngratulations Silvia on your tremendous hard work! This gives us hope on finding the indentities of the hundreds of other Jane/John Does out there!

I am convinced that you folks working so hard on the unidentified are the greatest thing about WS, IMO.

Congrats, Sylvia, and a big THANK YOU to all you sleuthers.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gooniesforever
Back