Periscope Live (My transcription of press conference):
Police Chief: Nicholas Metz
- 12.31.16, 5:45 pm 15720 E Amherst
- David left voluntarily - no evidence of abduction, not ruled out
- No Amber Alert due to not meeting criteria - could change
- David wearing: Green camouflage pants, black tshirt, black & orange shoes, tan girl's coat not fit for the cold weather
- 4', 48lb, brn hair, blu/haz eyes
- attends Dartmouth Elementary
- Reverse 911 calls reaching over 20k residents, will continue sending and expanding range
- David has wandered off twice before
- Canvassing area heavily, using available resources: patrol, emergency response, srt, crimes against children, major crimes unit
- Child Missing & Abducted Team, JeffCo bloodhound, Denver PD helicopter, Arapahoe County Search & Rescue and Sheriff, NCMC
- Speaking with teachers and school staff
- Somebody knows something, somebody saw something - call 911 immediately, any leads are significant
- Stick with Twitter, FB, other social media
Mom Stephanie Pucket:
Help me find, I'm trying, David he's a good kid. He's very happy. He's very energetic. He's very friendly. David's only 6 years old. He's about 4 foot tall. He's. The coat he's wearing is not a very thick coat. I'm worried with how cold it is that something really bad might happen to him. And if you guys can please help me find him. If you see him pls call the police immediately. If by chance you picked him up last night because it was NYE pls call. Please bring my baby home.
1. When she noticed he was gone? They were all at home. They realized he left the home & contacted us.
2. Was it through an open door? No info.
3. Slight learning disorder but not something to be too worried about. Not Asperger's or Autism, just a slight learning disorder.
4. Family gave no permission for him to go somewhere. If child is at your home, contact 911 immediately.
5. History of wandering off before. 1 case when he was walking down the street late at night; concerned citizen stopped him and called 911. 1 case where he wandered into a convenience store.
6. Utilizing people on foot. Utilizing helicopters, maybe drones.
7. Highest priority for APD right now.
8. Needs media to get info out.
9. Need more volunteers? APD will coordinate this and get back to media.
10. How did this child get out and go missing? What is the parents' responsibility? Call 911. Parents have to answer a lot of questions.
11. From everything APD can tell, it was not an abduction.
12. Utilizing surveillance cameras and footage.
13. Will talk more with family and neighbors.