Found Deceased CO - David Puckett, 6, Aurora, 31 Dec 2016

los2188

North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!
Reaction score
Boy ,6, missing in Aurora
missing%20boy_1483234160760_7509834_ver1.0.jpg

A 6-year-old Aurora boy who police say is considered at-risk is missing.

David was last seen around 5:30 p.m. in the 15700 block of East Amherst Place. He was wearing camouflage pants a black shirt, tan coat and black and orange boots.
http://www.9news.com/mb/news/local/boy-6-missing-in-aurora/381008504

Sent from my 5054N using Tapatalk

Here is the update on Facebook from Aurora PD:

"To answer some questions we are getting: We are still looking for David. There is not an Amber Alert in this case as it does not meet CBI requirements for and Amber Alert (read more here https://www.colorado.gov/pacific/cbi/amber-alert), anyone is welcome to search on their own, we are asking you check your property especially, we have not organized volunteers to search at this time, we are utilizing search organizations to search currently, and we will update immediately the second he is confirmed to be found. Thank you all very much for your concern, the time you have spent spreading the word and searching, and your continued attention to our search for David."

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I live in the area and we have heard helicopters overhead that are looking for him. They were specifically looking in area creek beds, according to their Facebook updates.

It's 24F right now, and the expected low tonight is 23F. It is possible that he could survive outside overnight because he was last seen wearing camouflage pants and a tan coat. Hopefully he is hiding in someone's shed or dog house or other accessible place.

The APD is asking people to check their property, especially small spaces. They have not yet formed community search parties but are using bloodhounds and at least one helicopter.

David is still missing. There will be a press conference at 8am MST, in about half an hour.

From the Aurora Police Department's Twitter feed:

"#FindingDavid MEDIA We will be holding a press conference 10:15am for MEDIA at S. Jasper/E Yale Ave. No further details in case @ this time."

Ugh. This is bad. Anyone watching the press conference?

Ugh. This is bad. Anyone watching the press conference?

I will be. It is slated to start in about 45 minutes. If you have the time, I would recommend following the Aurora Police Department on Periscope and Facebook because they usually broadcast their pressers that way, as well as on local tv.

I will be. It is slated to start in about 45 minutes. If you have the time, I would recommend following the Aurora Police Department on Periscope and Facebook because they usually broadcast their pressers that way, as well as on local tv.

Thank you! I'm Pacific time, and for some reason thought there was a bigger time difference.

Aurora Police Department: Ways to watch 10:15am MST press conference:

Periscope - Aurora Police Dept
Facebook - Aurora Police Department

(Their current profile pic is a circle that says Aurora Police, Community Commitment, Nicholas Metz Chief of Police.)

Also, on Periscope, 9News Denver is good.

David has a history of wandering off

A representative from the FBI is helping as is NCMEC

Periscope Live (My transcription of press conference):

Police Chief: Nicholas Metz

- 12.31.16, 5:45 pm 15720 E Amherst
- David left voluntarily - no evidence of abduction, not ruled out
- No Amber Alert due to not meeting criteria - could change
- David wearing: Green camouflage pants, black tshirt, black & orange shoes, tan girl's coat not fit for the cold weather
- 4', 48lb, brn hair, blu/haz eyes
- attends Dartmouth Elementary
- Reverse 911 calls reaching over 20k residents, will continue sending and expanding range
- David has wandered off twice before
- Canvassing area heavily, using available resources: patrol, emergency response, srt, crimes against children, major crimes unit
- Child Missing & Abducted Team, JeffCo bloodhound, Denver PD helicopter, Arapahoe County Search & Rescue and Sheriff, NCMC
- Speaking with teachers and school staff
- Somebody knows something, somebody saw something - call 911 immediately, any leads are significant
- Stick with Twitter, FB, other social media

Mom Stephanie Pucket:
Help me find, I'm trying, David he's a good kid. He's very happy. He's very energetic. He's very friendly. David's only 6 years old. He's about 4 foot tall. He's. The coat he's wearing is not a very thick coat. I'm worried with how cold it is that something really bad might happen to him. And if you guys can please help me find him. If you see him pls call the police immediately. If by chance you picked him up last night because it was NYE pls call. Please bring my baby home.

COP:
Questions
1. When she noticed he was gone? They were all at home. They realized he left the home & contacted us.
2. Was it through an open door? No info.
3. Slight learning disorder but not something to be too worried about. Not Asperger's or Autism, just a slight learning disorder.
4. Family gave no permission for him to go somewhere. If child is at your home, contact 911 immediately.
5. History of wandering off before. 1 case when he was walking down the street late at night; concerned citizen stopped him and called 911. 1 case where he wandered into a convenience store.
6. Utilizing people on foot. Utilizing helicopters, maybe drones.
7. Highest priority for APD right now.
8. Needs media to get info out.
9. Need more volunteers? APD will coordinate this and get back to media.
10. How did this child get out and go missing? What is the parents' responsibility? Call 911. Parents have to answer a lot of questions.
11. From everything APD can tell, it was not an abduction.
12. Utilizing surveillance cameras and footage.
13. Will talk more with family and neighbors.

No last name? No missing poster? I wanted to share this on some other sites.

No last name? No missing poster? I wanted to share this on some other sites.

Sorry the above picture is not what one would consider a "traditional" missing child poster. I am searching for something better but that's the only one currently popping up. I imagine we will be given a better poster later.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OccasionalMallard
Back