Found Deceased CO - David Puckett, 6, Aurora, 31 Dec 2016

:please: Where are you little man?
I saw this yesterday and assumed he'd be home soon.

:please: Where are you little man?
I saw this yesterday and assumed he'd be home soon.

So did I. I couldn't sleep at all last night. I would wake up every hour or so and check to see if he was home. I felt guilty for being in my warm bed. Poor guy, I hope he is found soon. His poor family; I can't imagine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Periscope Live (My transcription of press conference):

Police Chief: Nicholas Metz

- 12.31.16, 5:45 pm 15720 E Amherst
- David left voluntarily - no evidence of abduction, not ruled out
- No Amber Alert due to not meeting criteria - could change
- David wearing: Green camouflage pants, black tshirt, black & orange shoes, tan girl's coat not fit for the cold weather
- 4', 48lb, brn hair, blu/haz eyes
- attends Dartmouth Elementary
- Reverse 911 calls reaching over 20k residents, will continue sending and expanding range
- David has wandered off twice before
- Canvassing area heavily, using available resources: patrol, emergency response, srt, crimes against children, major crimes unit
- Child Missing & Abducted Team, JeffCo bloodhound, Denver PD helicopter, Arapahoe County Search & Rescue and Sheriff, NCMC
- Speaking with teachers and school staff
- Somebody knows something, somebody saw something - call 911 immediately, any leads are significant
- Stick with Twitter, FB, other social media

Mom Stephanie Pucket:
Help me find, I'm trying, David he's a good kid. He's very happy. He's very energetic. He's very friendly. David's only 6 years old. He's about 4 foot tall. He's. The coat he's wearing is not a very thick coat. I'm worried with how cold it is that something really bad might happen to him. And if you guys can please help me find him. If you see him pls call the police immediately. If by chance you picked him up last night because it was NYE pls call. Please bring my baby home.

COP:
Questions
1. When she noticed he was gone? They were all at home. They realized he left the home & contacted us.
2. Was it through an open door? No info.
3. Slight learning disorder but not something to be too worried about. Not Asperger's or Autism, just a slight learning disorder.
4. Family gave no permission for him to go somewhere. If child is at your home, contact 911 immediately.
5. History of wandering off before. 1 case when he was walking down the street late at night; concerned citizen stopped him and called 911. 1 case where he wandered into a convenience store.
6. Utilizing people on foot. Utilizing helicopters, maybe drones.
7. Highest priority for APD right now.
8. Needs media to get info out.
9. Need more volunteers? APD will coordinate this and get back to media.
10. How did this child get out and go missing? What is the parents' responsibility? Call 911. Parents have to answer a lot of questions.
11. From everything APD can tell, it was not an abduction.
12. Utilizing surveillance cameras and footage.
13. Will talk more with family and neighbors.

It sounds like they will ask if volunteers are needed? I would go if there is an organized effort. I've only been in Colorado since Thursday and I'd probably get myself lost without some guidance...poor little guy.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It sounds like they will ask if volunteers are needed? I would go if there is an organized effort. I've only been in Colorado since Thursday and I'd probably get myself lost without some guidance...poor little guy.

I do think they will ask for community volunteers to search later today. I have seen reports on FB that people are searching now by driving around and visiting parks, etc. The police have said people can and should continue doing that and they will announce when they start organizing.

Due to a back injury, I am incapable of walking for any length of time. We have searched our property several times and will continue to do so. I'm hoping the police come up with a plan that will let people like me help somehow.

CBSDenverVerified account ‏@CBSDenver 1h1 hour ago
CBSDenver Retweeted Aurora Police Dept
MORE: Volunteer searchers asked to stage at Olympic Park with name, drivers license, cellphone. #FindingDavid @AuroraPD

https://twitter.com/CBSDenver

I am not sure how to edit a previous post so I would like to point out that the APD just said David's eyes are BROWN, not blue/hazel.

I hope searchers are looking up in trees. I doubt he would be hiding like that but you never know. Poor guy. Must be so cold.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wonder when the last time anyone outside of the family last saw him?

We are working on a flyer for David at Missing Pieces Network as we speak.

Missing Pieces Network Flyer & Link

attachment.php

Attachments

• David Puckett.jpg
    David Puckett.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 590
It's been a few years since I've been on here. Missing David Puckett brought me back.

I live about a mile west of Davids house. I have been out looking 4 times now, starting late last night. There have been officials and citizens actively looking for David everywhere since yesterday.

The area David is missing in is a sprawling suburban neighborhood with expansive open spaces. Canals, trails, reservoir spillways, giant power lines (they have lot open space beneath for miles); there is so much space to search.

It was 23 degrees here last night.

Sunset is in just under an hour. The current temperature is 44F and the low tonight is expected to be 29F. Tomorrow will be much like today, however the low tomorrow night is 15F and will remain very cold Tuesday-Thursday as we get hit by a massive winter storm, which will include several inches of snow.

I just received the reverse 911 text and email from APD:

S: Police searching for a missing 6 year old
Police are looking for a 6 year old male who went missing in the area of Amherst and Jasper. He is a white male about 4ft tall and was last seen wearing a black shirt, camouflage pants, black boots with orange on them. If you see a child matching this description or have any helpful information please contact Aurora Police tip lines at 303-739-1870, 303-739-1868 or 303-739-1865.

Yes I wish they had sent the reverse texts and calls last night too. I don't feel so optimistic this afternoon.

If he were out wandering, someone would have seen him today. If he slept somewhere hidden last night, he would have been bored staying there... especially with the sun out.

Last night I came upon one of his teachers, that told me that David's family situation hasn't been consistently ideal. Not brushed up on the rules of what I can or can't say.

Overnight, I had really hoped he was in someone's RV, shed, or car sleeping.

It's been a few years since I've been on here. Missing David Puckett brought me back.

I live about a mile west of Davids house. I have been out looking 4 times now, starting late last night. There have been officials and citizens actively looking for David everywhere since yesterday.

The area David is missing in is a sprawling suburban neighborhood with expansive open spaces. Canals, trails, reservoir spillways, giant power lines (they have lot open space beneath for miles); there is so much space to search.

It was 23 degrees here last night.

This is what worries me. I'm new to Colorado but the expansive open spaces even in suburbia is remarkable. I'm afraid he's stuck or injured just out of sight. Everyone needs to be checking their property. And it is getting colder.

I am in agreement with you. However, I think reverse 911s went out last night for maybe a few blocks around the house. Possibly up to a mile. I am about 4 miles from there and just now got the messages. Almost 24 hours later. That just really sucks.

Anyway, if you live in the area, please research what you can do to help someone with hypothermia just in case he shows up on your property.

Maybe leave some blankets and sandwiches out in the yard? I have no idea. I feel so helpless. I can't imagine what is going on that would make it impossible for the child to tell someone he's lost. Or rather, I don't *want* to imagine it. My heart is breaking for this child and family.

I am so sorry we have another child who has wandered off!

Why, oh why, do parents who children are known to wander don't fix first floor windows and doors so they can not get out?! How do these parents ever sleep at night knowing their child might get up and wander away? Yes, some children are afraid of the dark, so that would eliminate a few.

It drives me batty when these precious children get outdoors by themselves! Are they ever instructed to not go outside without asking or by them self?

How long was David gone before he was missed? At 6, he should have known better than to go out after dark alone. It has been said he has a learning disability, but not bad, yet why does he keep wandering?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back