Found Deceased CO - David Puckett, 6, Aurora, 31 Dec 2016

The teacher said David probably would not have been deterred by the dark or open space. I also heard he ran from school before winter break but was only gone 20 mins.

The helicopter they used last night has infrared. I wish it would come back. Also, curious what happened with the bloodhound.

I absolutely hate to ask this, but can a 6 year old survive several hours in sub freezing temperatures? :(

I'm hoping for a miracle!

Not unless he managed to find a warmer place to spend the night.

It's such an eerie scene.

I looked for 2 hours last night and 2 more today. The terrain and area is so hard. We found so much weird stuff ... we also found clothes, kids jackets/coats and a hat. People are finding stuff and posting their finds on Aurora Police Facebook. Earlier people were staying by a tan coat waiting for police for forever...

Are there businesses in the area? I was thinking maybe he wandered into a business of some sort and got locked in by accident. I mean a lot of businesses are closed on Sundays and it's a holiday to boot.

I hope his home was searched. I know it sounds horrid....

I hope his home was searched. I know it sounds horrid....

I'm sure it was. And it is horrid but it's also natural to wonder how this happened since the child has a history of wandering off.

When my son was a teenager he ran away. I called the police and an officer came over to take a report. He asked if he could use my restroom so I invited him in and showed him to the restroom. While he was in my house he looked in every single room he could on the pathway to the restroom. I didn't give him permission to search because he didn't ask to search. I would have let him.

All that to say that I'm pretty sure the home has been searched. I imagine they had to take the bloodhound to the child's bedroom to get a good idea of his scent. I'm sure the police have taken as many liberties as possible to help find this child.

But even if they haven't searched the house and even if the family is being cooperative, it is always forefront in officer's minds that sole foul play could be involved so they are observing as much as possible of the family.

My prayer is that David is found safely and quickly. My hope is that nothing horrible has happened to this boy. My brain says to tread cautiously because you just never know. Much like this forum, no one will point a finger or do anything to make the family build a wall around them so the police no longer have access. We should all strive to treat the family as victims until there is any indication that they might not be victims.

The mother was so upset during the press conference. She almost couldn't speak. Somebody on FB said the child didn't leave the house via a door but rather left out of his bedroom window after having a fight with his brother.

As of right now, I choose to believe that the family are victims. I choose to place my faith in the APD because I know this police department and they ALWAYS have the child in mind and are very respectful to families going through these types of situations. When and if the family falls under suspicion I have no doubt that the APD will do their best to help David and any other children in the home.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I don't know how to post a FB status here with a link so if you want to read this for yourself, please see the Aurora Police Department's FB page.

Crime Stoppers is now offering a $5,000 reward to anyone with information. Someone somewhere knows something, per the earlier press conference.

I can think of roughly three viable scenerios, and no matter what, the outcome is bleak....I hope I am wrong... I would normally help search, even with it being a two hour drive, but I just got out of hospital. I hope they find this little guy...:( IMHO

I can think of roughly three viable scenerios, and no matter what, the outcome is bleak....I hope I am wrong... I would normally help search, even with it being a two hour drive, but I just got out of hospital. I hope they find this little guy...:( IMHO

I have 4 scenarios in mind so I got what you mean. I wish I could help but I can't walk far. My husband and I are going to drive around for a while but it's getting pretty cold out there.

I think with APD issuing the update regarding CrimeStoppers that they know that this will probably not have a good outcome. Oh my god, I hate this. That poor, poor child.

Hopefully he's with someone who loves him and who won't hurt him. Someone who is protecting him from something.

I swear. If this little boy turns out to be harmed BEFORE he was reported missing I'm going to riot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh man what a sweetie! Question: why would David have chosen to put on a girl's coat? Who's is it? How is it known he is wearing it?

Oh man what a sweetie! Question: why would David have chosen to put on a girl's coat? Who's is it? How is it known he is wearing it?
If he slipped out a window as stated before, how would the family know he was wearing a coat? Did he normally wear a coat around the house?

See, what I am now concerned with IS the family... How would they be aware of what he was wearing (especially a coat) if he slipped out?!?! When I was six, I was never really quite concerned with the weather enough to put on a jacket. Of course, this is all imo, but it seems odd.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
0maj0
Back