Found Deceased CO - David Puckett, 6, Aurora, 31 Dec 2016

Ugh, I have caught up with reading and listening to everything I can find about David. Yes, following cases on WS has definitely jaded me. I am getting a really bad feeling about this situation. I pray they find him tonight.

That would be the best case scenario if he was locked up in a store. I can only hope....

One of the other times he wandered off, he ended up in a store. I can imagine someone being in a hurry to get to a NYE party and not checking around before leaving. At least he would be out of the elements and maybe even have food and water.

See, what I am now concerned with IS the family... How would they be aware of what he was wearing (especially a coat) if he slipped out?!?! When I was six, I was never really quite concerned with the weather enough to put on a jacket. Of course, this is all imo, but it seems odd.

Maybe they just noticed the coat and boots it's been said he is wearing were missing from home. I hope that's the case and not something worse :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Would it have been dark yet at 5:30pm?

Yes. Our sunset is at about 4:45pm MST right now.

At the press conference this morning the COP said David went missing around 5:30pm and the family called 911 at 5:45pm.

If the comment on FB is true, David had a fight with his brother and then slipped out of the house. If the kids were sent to their room for time out or something, I wonder if the last time David was seen was before 5:30 and maybe the family said it was only about 15 minutes to make it seem like they were more aware of where the children were than they actually were.

Of course that's all speculation since we really don't know yet who, if anyone, was responsible for disappearing David if it wasn't David himself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

This is from the APD's FB page:

UPDATE 1/1/17 7:00 PM: We do not anticipate any more updates this evening. Our next update will by 8:00 a.m. tomorrow or when David is located, whichever comes first. Thank you!!

We cannot express how appreciative our community has been in helping us get the word out and searching! Please make sure you read the press release, and please do not report crimes or evidence or what you think me be evidence via our social media sites. The main reason is due to it not being monitored 24/7, and an officer will need to respond which we cannot dispatch via Facebook. Thank you for your help!

Oh no...another child! The child cases break my heart. Praying for David!

Also, maybe if David and his brother were fighting, maybe the brother saw him slip out of the window and then reported it to the family?

One thing to know about Aurora is that the majority of the houses are split-level. My son used to sneak out of the house (when he was a teenager) via one of the downstairs windows, which was actually at ground level. One time I sent him to his room for a punishment and I called down to him to come up and talk to me and he didn't respond. I went down and he had pushed the screen out of the window and crawled out. But he was probably 14 or 15, not 6.

My husband is currently driving me over to David's neighborhood so we can see if the houses are split-level or not. Some of the newer additions are not. I'll update when I know.

My husband is currently driving me over to David's neighborhood so we can see if the houses are split-level or not. Some of the newer additions are not. I'll update when I know.

Could you provide photos?

I can't provide photos at this time because it's too dark. However, I did see the police command center and will try to come back tomorrow when it's light out and take some photos.

I was unable to tell which house it was due to the darkness but on that street there were both split-level houses and regular one-story houses.

No one can "anticipate" anything while your child is missing. Am I wrong for thinking if my child was missing, I would not be able to sleep a wink, unless I was physically unable to stay awake? I would want all information, even if it was ludicrous and false, to be posted on the Missing FB. One can always delete things when one sees them. David, please come home. Praying for you & Robert!

This is a parents worse nightmare...prayers that somehow he has managed to find somewhere warm and safe. Please let this little one come home.

Press Release from APD:

https://www.auroragov.org/blog/One.aspx?portalId=2869361&postId=6500469&portletAction=viewpost

MISSING AT-RISK JUVENILE
On Saturday December 31, 2016 at approximately 5:45 p.m. Aurora Police officers responded to a residence in the 15700 block of East Amherst Place in reference to a missing at-risk six-year-old boy.
Officers learned the missing boy’s name is David Puckett. David is believed to have wandered from his home. He is considered at-risk due to his young age. He has wandered from his home in the recent past, and was located by citizens.
David is a white male, approximately 3’02” tall, and 55 pounds. He has brown hair, and brown eyes. He was last seen wearing green camouflage pants, a black t-shirt, black boots with a little bit of orange trim, and a light girls Army style tan jacket.
Since David has been reported missing, at least three Reverse 911 calls have been issued. The reaching over 27,000 Aurora residents within a 2 ½ mile radius from his home.
In addition to Aurora Police patrol officers searching for David, we activated our Emergency Response Team (ERT), and Strategic Response and Tactics (SRT) Team. The Major Crimes Unit, and Crimes Against Children Unit are also actively involved in this investigation with the assistance of The National Center for Missing and Exploited Children (NCMEC), and the Federal Bureau of Investigation. NCMEC also provided two bloodhounds for the search today.
The Aurora Citizens Police Alumni Association, which has over 400 volunteers, deployed their Citizens Missing/Abducted Response Team (CMART) immediately last night, and today.
We want to thank our local law enforcement partners for providing immediate assistance in the search for David last night and today.
The Denver Police Department Air One Helicopter equipped with an infrared system, provided air support last night while a Bloodhound from The Jefferson County K-9 Team was on the ground searching with Arapahoe County Sheriff’s deputies.
We want to thank the public for the tremendous outpouring of support, and participation in sharing our social media messages. You can “Like” us here onFacebook and “Follow” us on Twitter to stay in the know.
We ask everyone to continue to monitor or Facebook and Twitter accounts for updates. We will continue to provide updates as new information comes available including when and where assistance from the public is needed in this search.
In an effort to relieve the 911-system, three tip lines have been temporarily established to receive information from the public. These lines will be available 24/7 until further notice. If you attempt to call the tip lines, and do not get an answer please call 911 if it is emergency, or the non-emergency police dispatch line at 303-739-6011. Please call any of the below listed numbers if you have information related to our search for David, or believe you have seen him:
303-739-1870
303-739-1865
303-739-1868
After consulting with the Colorado Bureau of Investigation, an Amber Alert will not be issued as this time due to this case currently not meeting the requirements. You can read more about the purpose and requirements of the Amber Alert on the CBI website at https://www.colorado.gov/pacific/cbi/amber-alert .

CrimeStoppers is offering a reward up to $5,000.00 to anyone with information regarding this case. Please call the Aurora Police Department or Metro Denver Crime Stoppers at 720-913-STOP (7867). Tipsters to Crime Stoppers can remain anonymous and are eligible for a reward.

Once again, thank you to everyone who have, and continue to help in our search to find David.

Officer Crystal McCoy

Office of the Chief of Police
Media Relations Unit
DESK 303-739-6038
On-Call PIO 720-432-5095

In past cases like this,6 yr olds seem to crawl into tight warm little hiding places. I hope the searchers are looking into crawl spaces etc.

Is it possible this young boy is undiagnosed, but on the autism spectrum? It just seems strange that he keeps running off like this.

I hope they are searching the creeks and pools. :cry:

Is it possible this young boy is undiagnosed, but on the autism spectrum? It just seems strange that he keeps running off like this.

I never thought about why he's always running off (except in this case, an argument). I wonder if other arguments have sparked him to run off as well? And I wonder why flight is his first response?

I never thought about why he's always running off (except in this case, an argument). I wonder if other arguments have sparked him to run off as well? And I wonder why flight is his first response?

My kids used to have a lot of arguments with each other at that age. Often one would stomp out of the room, cry, or throw something angrily, or come 'tattle' on the other----but running off into the darkness all alone was not the usual reaction. so it does make me wonder why...

Periscope Live (My transcription of press conference):

Police Chief: Nicholas Metz

- 12.31.16, 5:45 pm 15720 E Amherst
- David left voluntarily - no evidence of abduction, not ruled out
- No Amber Alert due to not meeting criteria - could change
- David wearing: Green camouflage pants, black tshirt, black & orange shoes, tan girl's coat not fit for the cold weather
- 4', 48lb, brn hair, blu/haz eyes
- attends Dartmouth Elementary
- Reverse 911 calls reaching over 20k residents, will continue sending and expanding range
- David has wandered off twice before
- Canvassing area heavily, using available resources: patrol, emergency response, srt, crimes against children, major crimes unit
- Child Missing & Abducted Team, JeffCo bloodhound, Denver PD helicopter, Arapahoe County Search & Rescue and Sheriff, NCMC
- Speaking with teachers and school staff
- Somebody knows something, somebody saw something - call 911 immediately, any leads are significant
- Stick with Twitter, FB, other social media

Mom Stephanie Pucket:
Help me find, I'm trying, David he's a good kid. He's very happy. He's very energetic. He's very friendly. David's only 6 years old. He's about 4 foot tall. He's. The coat he's wearing is not a very thick coat. I'm worried with how cold it is that something really bad might happen to him. And if you guys can please help me find him. If you see him pls call the police immediately. If by chance you picked him up last night because it was NYE pls call. Please bring my baby home.

COP:
Questions
1. When she noticed he was gone? They were all at home. They realized he left the home & contacted us.
2. Was it through an open door? No info.
3. Slight learning disorder but not something to be too worried about. Not Asperger's or Autism, just a slight learning disorder.
4. Family gave no permission for him to go somewhere. If child is at your home, contact 911 immediately.
5. History of wandering off before. 1 case when he was walking down the street late at night; concerned citizen stopped him and called 911. 1 case where he wandered into a convenience store.
6. Utilizing people on foot. Utilizing helicopters, maybe drones.
7. Highest priority for APD right now.
8. Needs media to get info out.
9. Need more volunteers? APD will coordinate this and get back to media.
10. How did this child get out and go missing? What is the parents' responsibility? Call 911. Parents have to answer a lot of questions.
11. From everything APD can tell, it was not an abduction.
12. Utilizing surveillance cameras and footage.
13. Will talk more with family and neighbors.

From the press conference quoted up above he has "a slight learning disorder" but "not Asperger's or Autism". They declined to name the learning disorder and I was thinking it could be something like ADHD or Dyslexia. At any rate, if he has a diagnosed learning disorder he has likely undergone testing through school to get an IEP and they would probably know if he was on the spectrum from testing. JMO.

I have no reason to believe he is on the spectrum because they would have told us that. There is no stigma around here about that sort of thing. He's been in school long enough now that they would have picked up on something.

As far as searching creeks, etc. They are. The Cherry Creek Reservoir is close to his home and he definitely could have walked there. There is also a lot of open space around his neighborhood. Lots of trails, parks, bike paths, etc.

I hate to say this, but I hope searchers have been looking at recently disturbed dirt as well...

FYI, we haven't heard the helicopters tonight at all.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smartowl