GUILTY CO - Dr. Toni Henthorn, 50, dies in cliff fall, Rocky Mountain NP, 29 Sept 2012 *husband arrested*

Rob Low ‏@RobLowTV
Relatives of Toni applaud prosecution after #henthorntrial guilty verdict. Harold led away in cuffs. Sentencing Dec.8 @KDVR @channel2kwgn

Brian Maass ‏@Briancbs4 3m3 minutes ago

#henthorntrial after Henthorn G verdict,jurors will speak to families of Henthorn wives. Press conference from US attorney soon

So glad the jury did the right thing!

This jury was listening!

Brian Maass ‏@Briancbs4
#henthorntrial W/in 2 hrs. after jury got case Friday,they had question. Asked to have access to 2 exhibits: one a prosecution timeline

Brian Maass ‏@Briancbs4
@Catharinerose3 enlarged photo of the side of Deer Creek mountain where it all happened

Harold Henthorn found guilty of 1st degree murder in death of 2nd wife

After the verdict was read, Henthorn was scheduled for a sentencing hearing on Dec. 8. He faces a mandatory sentence of life in prison without the possibility of parole.

Some of Toni’s family members sobbed in the courtroom Friday as the guilty verdict was read, and later applauded the efforts of prosecutors.

Harold is also suspected in the death of his first wife, Sandra Lynn Henthorn, who was crushed in 1995 when the couple’s SUV slipped off a jack on Highway 67 near Sedalia. Harold told investigators the couple was trying to fix a flat tire at the time of the tragic accident.

Harold was never charged in the incident, but the case has since been reopened.

http://kdvr.com/2015/09/21/harold-henthorn-found-guilty-of-1st-degree-murder-in-death-of-2nd-wife/

Wife Toni's family relieved by guilty verdict for Harold Henthorn, convicted of killiing her

TheDenverChannel.com Team
7:07 PM, Sep 21, 2015

DENVER - Family members of Toni Henthorn said they’re ecstatic with a jury’s verdict Monday afternoon, after Toni’s husband was found guilty of killing her.

..."Harold Henthorn's love was lethal," said relative Grace Rishell.

Members of the jury felt the same way; they deliberated for just hours after getting the case Friday.

Toni’s brother Barry Bartolet said, “Lives will be saved now that (Henthorn) is off the streets.

...Family members appeared relieved and satisfied as they left court. Relatives will move to adopt the couple's daughter, they announced outside of court.

Read more: http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/local-news/wife-tonis-family-relieved-by-guilty-verdict-for-harold-henthorn-convicted-of-killiing-her

I wonder if any charges will be brought in the case of the death of his first wife, now the case is being reinvestigated? And what will happen to any remaining estate or cash? It should go to his little girl, but I guess now the insurance company have a claim on any money paid out? I suspect Toni's family are able to support her but I'd like to see Henthorn lose all his money, just because he wouldn't want to...

Assistant U.S. Attorney Suneeta Hazra told jurors that Henthorn scouted the remote area of the popular park, around 75 miles north of Denver, nine times before bringing Toni Henthorn with him...

Park rangers said the defendant could not explain why he had a park map with an 'X'' drawn at the spot where his wife fell...

Harold Henthorn told her he was a wealthy entrepreneur and persuaded her to move with him to the Denver suburb of Highlands Ranch...

Prosecutors said Henthorn also made phony business cards to make it seem like he was a hardworking fundraiser for churches and non-profits, but investigators found no evidence he had any income from regular employment.

This case reminds me so much of Peter Mizioch in Arizona. He gained a total of $8 million insurance after his wife and 3 business partners were mysteriously shot over the years, and another was badly wounded. He's just struck a plea deal for tax evasion but has never been charged over their deaths. So he's innocent. Legally.

Thank you CuriousPortlander for picking up where I left off when I was unable to post. :tyou:

Glad the jury found him guilty.

Grace Rishell declares ‘I don’t know why I’m still alive’ after deaths of Harold Henthorn’s first two wives

"...‘I WAS DEALING WITH A SOCIOPATH’
Grace Rishell was never married to Harold Henthorn but she knew him well. The pair met when she was 18 in the early 1980s. Ms Rishell was married to the brother of Henthorn’s first wife, Lynn....

http://www.news.com.au/world/north-...-first-two-wives/story-fnh81jut-1227543893133
-----------------------------------------------

Problems Persist For Henthorn Family: Brother Ordered To Court

"DENVER (CBS4) – CBS4 has learned that the brother of convicted killer Harold Henthorn — Rob Henthorn — has been ordered to appear in court next month to explain what happened to $500,000 sent to him in 2014 by his brother Harold Henthorn.

Moments after a federal court jury convicted Harold Henthorn Monday of killing his second wife Toni, a process server surprised Rob Henthorn with court papers compelling him to appear in court in Douglas County Oct. 30 to tell a probate judge what happened to the half million dollars Harold Henthorn transferred to him, or a business controlled by him, in early 2014 before Henthorn was arrested for his wife’s murder..."

http://denver.cbslocal.com/2015/09/23/problems-persist-for-henthorn-family-brother-ordered-to-court/
----------------------------------------------------

Wow, the plot thickens!

ETA: I hope they can build a strong case and nail the for the murder of his first wife.

Thank you CuriousPortlander for picking up where I left off when I was unable to post. :tyou:

Glad the jury found him guilty.

{Respectfully snipped}

You're very welcome, YESorNO!

I had seen a TV show (Dateline? 48 Hours?) on this case a while ago, but lost track of it until the weekend before the verdict. I found this thread and spent that weekend catching up on the case. So, thank YOU for all your posted tweets; that really helped me catch up! :loveyou:

Henthorn Brother Agrees To Return $500,000

November 2, 2015 5:09 PM

DENVER (CBS4) – Rob Henthorn, the brother of convicted wife killer Harold Henthorn, has agreed to return $500,000 to the estate of Toni Henthorn which he received in 2014 from his brother before Harold Henthorn was arrested for the murder of his wife.

...A federal magistrate said earlier she viewed the money transfer as an attempt to hide assets.

Gary Clexton, a special administrator representing the Toni Henthorn estate, said Rob Henthorn has already returned $250,000 to the court and has agreed to return the other $250,000 by Dec. 7.

Read more: http://denver.cbslocal.com/2015/11/02/henthorn-brother-agrees-to-return-500000/

Investigation Into Death Of Henthorn’s First Wife Placed On Hold

November 23, 2015 4:47 PM

CASTLE ROCK, Colo. (CBS4) – The Douglas County Sheriff’s Department has decided to no longer actively pursue a murder case against Harold Henthorn in connection with the death of his first wife, Lynn, on a rural mountain road in 1995.

“We’re not going to be filing immediate criminal charges,” said Douglas County Sheriff Tony Spurlock Monday afternoon.

...But last week, the Douglas County Sheriff’s Department informed members of Lynn Henthorn’s family that the case was essentially being placed on an indefinite hold and no criminal charges would be likely for years.

Dougco Sheriff Spurlock explained to CBS4 that it was “in the best interest of justice” to defer possible prosecution until Harold Henthorn’s appeals of his federal murder conviction have been exhausted.

Read more: http://denver.cbslocal.com/2015/11/23/harold-henthorn-douglas-county-murder-investigation-stopped/

Today, Toni's family finally gets to speak...

Convicted killer Harold Henthorn faces sentencing in wife's death

It's mandatory. U.S. District Judge R. Brooke Jackson must sentence Henthorn to life in prison. But Tuesday's sentencing hearing in Denver will last two hours so that family members of his dead wife, Dr. Toni Henthorn, have a chance to give him a piece of their minds.

http://www.denverpost.com/news/ci_2...-harold-henthorn-faces-sentencing-wifes-death

Henthorn Brother Agrees To Return $500,000

November 2, 2015 5:09 PM

DENVER (CBS4) – Rob Henthorn, the brother of convicted wife killer Harold Henthorn, has agreed to return $500,000 to the estate of Toni Henthorn which he received in 2014 from his brother before Harold Henthorn was arrested for the murder of his wife.

...A federal magistrate said earlier she viewed the money transfer as an attempt to hide assets.

Gary Clexton, a special administrator representing the Toni Henthorn estate, said Rob Henthorn has already returned $250,000 to the court and has agreed to return the other $250,000 by Dec. 7.

Read more: http://denver.cbslocal.com/2015/11/02/henthorn-brother-agrees-to-return-500000/

Bailing, bailing,

:D

So... what happened? Did he get sentenced to life in prison??

TIA!! :seeya:

Why Harold Henthorn Will Stay Behind Bars for His Wife's Murder

http://www.westword.com/news/harold-henthorn-appeal-of-conviction-for-wife-toni-henthorns-murder-rejected-9303870

The U.S. Court of Appeals for the 10th Circuit has affirmed the conviction of Harold Henthorn, who authorities say killed his second wife, Dr. Toni Henthorn, by pushing her off Deer Mountain in Rocky Mountain National Park in 2012. In so doing, the jurists unanimously rejected Henthorn's argument that the original court biased the jury against him by allowing testimony about the suspicious death of Henthorn's first wife, Lynn, and a serious accident suffered by Toni the year before her death.

The 10th Circuit acknowledge that "evidence of crimes, wrongs, or other acts is prohibited under the Federal Rules of Evidence when used 'to prove a person’s character in order to show that on a particular occasion the person acted in accordance with the character.'" But the passage goes on to note that "such evidence is permitted, however, 'for another purpose, such as proving motive, opportunity, intent, preparation, plan, knowledge, identity, absence of mistake, or lack of accident.'"

Harold Henthorn's last avenue of appeal has closed with the Supreme Court's short statement: "Petition DENIED. Justice Gorsuch took no part in the consideration or decision of this petition." Note that Justice Gorsuch is from Colorado and thus recused himself.

https://www.supremecourt.gov/search.aspx?filename=/docket/docketfiles/html/public/17-7008.html

The Petition link on the above page goes into detail about the "doctrine of chances" argument Henthorn's attorney was making. Basically stating the death of his first wife under the car, and the wooden beam which Henthorn threw "accidentally" hitting his second wife, should have been excluded at trial.

One bit of trivia is that both Harold Henthorn and Drew Peterson are incarcerated at the Terre Haute Federal Pen in Indiana. Peterson is another husband convicted of murdering one wife in a staged accident but suspected of also killing another wife. Would be interesting if prison officials were to make those two cellmates!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back