Found Deceased CO - Dylan Nicholas Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 Nov 2012 *father arrested* #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ashley Franco [URL='https://twitter.com/AshleyKKTV']@AshleyKKTV [/URL]1h
#UPDATE: GRAPHIC The photos we've been reporting about in the #MarkRedwine trial have been posted from the court. The prosecution argues #DylanRedwine found them and they could be part of the motive behind Dylan's alleged murder.
@KKTV11News
[URL='https://t.co/ZfLBTbRul4?amp=1']WARNING: Graphic content. Photos used in Redwine trial as evidence released to the public
Disturbing and sickening photos that are being used in the Mark Redwine trial as evidence were released to the public on Monday.
kktv.com[/URL]

KKTV is a week late on those photos. We saw them in the exhibits last week. They may have been viewable before that. JMO

I wish I had never looked at those pictures of Mark that Dylan found.

How could Dylan even be in the room with such a deviant monster.

I hold that judge that ordered the visit responsible too. Did he see those pictures. Surely Dylan told him about them but he still ordered the visit!

I'm shocked Elaine and Cory have been able to live through this horror that just goes on and on!

I wish I had never looked at those pictures of Mark that Dylan found.

How could Dylan even be in the room with such a deviant monster.

I hold that judge that ordered the visit responsible too. Did he see those pictures. Surely Dylan told him about them but he still ordered the visit!

I'm shocked Elaine and Cory have been able to live through this horror that just goes on and on!

Poor Elaine as she married him and had kids with him and there he is eating his own *advertiser censored* as a kink. Actually I assume it’s his own *advertiser censored* but maybe it’s somebody’s else and I don’t even know which would be worse .

I am now off to vomit.

Prosecutor introduced photos taken on 11-29-12 into the record so witness Russin can “ take the Jury on a walk through “ of MR’s house.

Defense objects saying photos were taken by FBI agent other than Russin and she won’t know if they are entrance or exit photos.

Witness says yes she will.

Defense : You can tell by looking at them?
Witness: I’ve seen them a hundred times.

Defense continues to object. Judge over rules.

Prosecution standing there cool all the time says to witness: The FBI casebook that the Court, the State and the Defense all have a copy of actually have thumbnails of each photo and they are labeled Entry, Evidence or Exit, correct ?
She says yes.

Defense sits down and rubs his forehead.

It’s mind boggling and this is why sometimes I change my mind and say Mark planned this.

He didn’t even care enough to pretend like he cared that Dylan was missing. I think he was that arrogant he thought they would never find the body and so they just would never be able to prove what he had done.

It’s like he just wanted to rub Elaines face in it and make her pain worse with his attitude as it’s not like he tried to pretend he had this great urgency to find Dylan from the sounds of it. He was just hoping they never found the body to prove what he had done. That’s why he went back and tampered with the skull as wells he panicked.

MOO

Last edited:
I was glad that we got past the tedious DNA testimony and got some great testimony from witness's that gave us an idea of how Mark Redwine looked and acted during those first crucial hours after Dylan disappeared.

Jury dismissed until 8:00 tomorrow. I don’t believe they were done with last witness FBI agent Peggy Russin.
Ended with the Defense going over her interview with Mark’s former coworker Sean Borris hoping to impeach him. She held her own and he kept cutting her off.

As soon as Jury out of the room, Judge says (and I may be paraphrasing) :

I’m going to tell both of you that if you try to limit a witness to yes or no answers, which has NOT. been my practice in 19 years in this courtroom, I will push back. A witness is sworn to tell the WHOLE truth.

Roy Vreeland the SAR tracking dog handler was a good witness for the State IMO. While I found his testimony about tracking dogs as being limited, his observations of MR's actions and demeanor are very helpful to us and the jury in trying to understand the truth.

His account of Mark sitting on the porch enjoying his morning coffee while everyone was doing their best to find Dylan leaves a powerful image in my mind.

Why didn't MR ask Roy what was going on and why didn't he volunteer to help in the search? Because he knew that Dylan was dead. JMO.

I was glad that we got past the tedious DNA testimony and got some great testimony from witness's that gave us an idea of how Mark Redwine looked and acted during those first crucial hours after Dylan disappeared.
ITA!
I always worry about a jury having to follow DNA analysis and hope they understand it better than I can. And in this case it was double the explanation because it was tested first in 2012 and then when CBI upgraded in 2018 they retested it.
This article explains it pretty well.
DNA experts take stand in Mark Redwine trial

The investigation into Dylan Redwine’s death has stretched on for so long, that Friday’s testimony in the trial for the boy’s father, Mark Redwine, resembled a history class focusing on the advancements made in DNA science since June 2012.

The only strong point that the defense got out of Roy Vreeland was that he didn't smell or see any kind of cleanup in Mark's home.

It's a good point because the State spent so much time on the blood/DNA that wasn't visible and diluted. A cleanup would seem to go along with that but this witness didn't see it. JMO

ITA!
I always worry about a jury having to follow DNA analysis and hope they understand it better than I can. And in this case it was double the explanation because it was tested first in 2012 and then when CBI upgraded in 2018 they retested it.

The investigation into Dylan Redwine’s death has stretched on for so long, that Friday’s testimony in the trial for the boy’s father, Mark Redwine, resembled a history class focusing on the advancements made in DNA science since June 2012.
This trial should have happened six years ago. We have more than one witness that have retired and have to have memories refreshed multiple times because of the long delay in the arrest and prosecution of MR. JMO

ITA!

The link to The Journal article is great but I'm blocked by a paywall so I can't read it. They only allow 3 articles per 30 days.

Sgt Dan Abdella of the Bayfield Marshall's office was also a very good witness for the State.

He was able to relate a very strange encounter with Mark Redwine who came into the Marshall's office asking if Abdella had seen his son when Abdella had never met Mark or Dylan before.

Didn't give the Sgt a photo of Dylan or a description.
Nothing.

When asked if he wanted to put out a ATL or "attempt to locate" so LE could help find Dylan. Mark said no. Mark didn't even want a report filed.

Now that's some powerful evidence showing Mark really didn't want LE investigating Dylan's disappearance.

The defense countered this testimony with the Sgt had been terminated from La Plata County Sheriffs Office years before Dylan disappeared for something unrelated to a case. Not a very strong rebuttal but that's all they had. JMO

Jury dismissed until 8:00 tomorrow. I don’t believe they were done with last witness FBI agent Peggy Russin.
Ended with the Defense going over her interview with Mark’s former coworker Sean Borris hoping to impeach him. She held her own and he kept cutting her off.

I’m going to tell both of you that if you try to limit a witness to yes or no answers, which has NOT. been my practice in 19 years in this courtroom, I will push back. A witness is sworn to tell the WHOLE truth.
Yea he has a habit of cutting off witnesses. The Judge is a good man.

BAM!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members