Found Deceased CO - Dylan Nicholas Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 Nov 2012 *father arrested*

Status
Not open for further replies.
DURANGO, Colo. — Blood that likely belonged to Dylan Redwine was found in Mark Redwine’s living room, but this does not necessarily provide clues about when it was from or how it got there.

This was the crux of the testimony from a DNA expert during the fifth day of Mark Redwine’s murder trial. He is charged with second-degree murder child abuse resulting in death for the November 2012 disappearance and death of his 13-year-old son, who had been on a court-ordered visit at his Vallecito home the day he was last seen alive.

DNA expert confirms blood was found in Mark Redwine's house | 9news.com

I don’t think the blood matters that much IMO

You have to explain away the fact a active texter suddenly went silent at a really early hour for Dylan and after making plans with his friends and was so adamant that Ryan Nava let him in at 6.30am that he simply failed to show up and was never heard from again.

I don’t think the blood matters that much IMO

You have to explain away the fact a active texter suddenly went silent at a really early hour for Dylan and after making plans with his friends and was so adamant that Ryan Nava let him in at 6.30am that he simply failed to show up and was never heard from again.
You make a good point.

Perhaps the State shouldn't spend so much time on the subject. One CSI and three DNA analyst's is maybe overkill.

I'm would like to know if we will see some persuasive evidence that was collected after 2015 when Dylan's skull was found.

It was known that Dylan was dead by June 2013 when his bones where found. Shortly after that Mark Redwine made statements about blunt force trauma and investigators needing to find his skull to determine the cause of death.

Dylan's skull was eventually found in November 2015 and it showed signs of blunt force trauma. Clearly by then there was enough evidence to arrest and charge Mark Redwine in Dylan's death.

Did LE work on and develop further evidence after that? Or did they wait until July 2017 to give what they had to the grand jury for some reason?

The case against Dylan Redwine's father in his murder trial | 9news.com

https://www.stgeorgeutah.com/wp-con...nty-Grand-Jury-Indictment-of-Mark-Redwine.pdf

I've forgotten a lot about this case. I've been doing some internet research on the "cadaver" dog Molly and her handler Carren Corcoran.

That led me to a post that I made here on WS four years ago about that subject. I start reading the thread and found this information from after Mark's arrest in 2017.

Evidence in 2012 Colorado child homicide case collected in Utah
After Redwine's arrest, the LaPlata County Sherriff’s Office received a tip from a confidential informant that inside the truck Redwine drove for CR England were "notebooks and notes written by Mr. Redwine regarding (his son)," the warrant states.
Some of those notes contained references to Dylan, the company told investigators, the warrant states.
Colorado authorities have collected those items as part of their investigation.

I forgot all about this. I wonder what Mark wrote in these notebooks about Dylan and if we will see it introduced as evidence in this trial.

DURANGO, Colo. — Blood that likely belonged to Dylan Redwine was found in Mark Redwine’s living room, but this does not necessarily provide clues about when it was from or how it got there.

This was the crux of the testimony from a DNA expert during the fifth day of Mark Redwine’s murder trial. He is charged with second-degree murder child abuse resulting in death for the November 2012 disappearance and death of his 13-year-old son, who had been on a court-ordered visit at his Vallecito home the day he was last seen alive.

DNA expert confirms blood was found in Mark Redwine's house | 9news.com

I found the blood evidence and testimony from the experts very interesting. All the evidence seems to point to Mark attacking Dylan while Dylan was on the couch that night, killing him, then taking his body up to Middle Mountain Road to dump him. The photos of the couch even show smears and splatters of blood on that area of the couch. The mystery (that likely won't ever be solved) is how did Mark do it. Did he throw something at Dylan from across the room? Hit him with something while up close, like the fireplace poker? (Pretty gross to think about, I know).

All that said, objectively speaking, I don't think the experts locked that part of the case up conclusively to the jury (so far). They have no idea of knowing how long the blood had been there. Corey admitted earlier that he had a cut and bled in the home. Dylan's friends said he often played football in the street and would get cuts and scrapes on him. Many of the blood samples that were tested were shown to be Mark's blood, Corey's blood, Dylan's blood, or a mixture of them.

Hopefully there's something else coming in regards to the blood evidence that will make it conclusive. It's one of the only pieces of physical evidence that they have against Mark (the other being Dylan's clothing they found and his skull).

I've forgotten a lot about this case. I've been doing some internet research on the "cadaver" dog Molly and her handler Carren Corcoran.

That led me to a post that I made here on WS four years ago about that subject. I start reading the thread and found this information from after Mark's arrest in 2017.

I forgot all about this. I wonder what Mark wrote in these notebooks about Dylan and if we will see it introduced as evidence in this trial.

Verdy verdy inderesding!!

<snipped & BBM> from Ranch's link

Just four hours after Dylan arrived, he "had no further contact with anyone … which is unusual for him," according to the warrant.

Dylan's phone stopped roaming activity, and he never responded to texts from his mother, the warrant states.

Redwine told police there had been "an incident of roughhousing" between Dylan and himself. The father said Dylan was not injured but had spit blood on the floor from a sore on his lip, according to the warrant.

Detectives later found Dylan's blood on the floor under a rug, and on a coffee table, couch and love seat, the warrant states.

I found the blood evidence and testimony from the experts very interesting. All the evidence seems to point to Mark attacking Dylan while Dylan was on the couch that night, killing him, then taking his body up to Middle Mountain Road to dump him. The photos of the couch even show smears and splatters of blood on that area of the couch. The mystery (that likely won't ever be solved) is how did Mark do it. Did he throw something at Dylan from across the room? Hit him with something while up close, like the fireplace poker? (Pretty gross to think about, I know).

All that said, objectively speaking, I don't think the experts locked that part of the case up conclusively to the jury (so far). They have no idea of knowing how long the blood had been there. Corey admitted earlier that he had a cut and bled in the home. Dylan's friends said he often played football in the street and would get cuts and scrapes on him. Many of the blood samples that were tested were shown to be Mark's blood, Corey's blood, Dylan's blood, or a mixture of them.

Hopefully there's something else coming in regards to the blood evidence that will make it conclusive. It's one of the only pieces of physical evidence that they have against Mark (the other being Dylan's clothing they found and his skull).
This trial may hinge more on Mark Redwine's actions and statements with forensics like the blood evidence being secondary. JMO.

<snipped & BBM> from Ranch's link

Just four hours after Dylan arrived, he "had no further contact with anyone … which is unusual for him," according to the warrant.

Dylan's phone stopped roaming activity, and he never responded to texts from his mother, the warrant states.

Redwine told police there had been "an incident of roughhousing" between Dylan and himself. The father said Dylan was not injured but had spit blood on the floor from a sore on his lip, according to the warrant.

Detectives later found Dylan's blood on the floor under a rug, and on a coffee table, couch and love seat, the warrant states.
I would like to see the warrant that is mentioned in this article.

Maybe we will here from LE about the statements made by Mark about the roughhousing where Dylan wasn't injured but spit up blood from a sore. That doesn't make very much sense to me. Mark is trying to say that they where engaged in some kind of activity that didn't cause Dylan to bleed but a sore on his lip did. Strange way to describe it IMO.

It's statements like this that will get Mark convicted. JMO

I just noticed that the title of this thread has "Broomfield" in it. Why is that?

Broomfield Colorado is north of Denver. That is no where near where this trial is taking place or where the crime occurred. The trial is taking place in La Plata county Durango CO.

Last edited:
I just noticed that the title of this thread has "Broomfield" in it. Why is that?

Broomfield Colorado is north of Denver. That is no where near where this trial is taking place or where the crime occurred. The trial is taking place in La Plata county Durango CO.

Supposed to be Bayfield?

Good catch @RANCH.

Dating back to 2012 - there was an info/support thread for Dylan citing Bayfield, CO-- and a missing person thread citing Vallecito, CO.

I'm sure adding the Trial thread as "Broomfield, CO" was in error. Clearly, Broomfield is nowhere near La Plata County, CO, and does not apply here.

CO - Dylan Redwine, 13, Bayfield, 19 Nov 2012 - Information & Support

CO - Dylan Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 Nov 2012 - #1

I'll report the error with this post.

I would like to see the warrant that is mentioned in this article.

Maybe we will here from LE about the statements made by Mark about the roughhousing where Dylan wasn't injured but spit up blood from a sore. That doesn't make very much sense to me. Mark is trying to say that they where engaged in some kind of activity that didn't cause Dylan to bleed but a sore on his lip did. Strange way to describe it IMO.

It's statements like this that will get Mark convicted. JMO
^^bbm

Take note MR was not charged by criminal complaint and/or arrest warrant affidavit but by Grand Jury Indictment impaneled in July 2017.

The 4-page indictment is linked below:

https://dur-duweb.newscyclecloud.com/assets/pdf/DU336075722.pdf

Mark Redwine was named a person of interest in the death, but he had not been charged previously. He has maintained his innocence during the past 4½ years.

[..]

A La Plata County grand jury was impaneled July 17 and returned indictments Thursday, finding probable cause to charge Redwine in connection with his son’s death. He is expected to face extradition proceedings in Washington before being brought to Durango, where he will be advised of the charges.

To be found guilty of second-degree murder, prosecutors must prove a person knowingly caused the death of another person.

The four-page indictment offers a narrative of the 4½-year investigation, including details never made public during the first year of Dylan’s disappearance.

Indictment of Mark Redwine provides details about searches after his son Dylan disappeared

Updated Monday, Jul. 24, 2017 10:04

Also see page 7 linked below for AW:

Redwine_Indictment.pdf

The case against Dylan Redwine's father in his murder trial | 9news.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics