CO- Dylan Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 November 2012 - #32

Status
Not open for further replies.
So the DVD player and movie were touched by Dylan on Sunday. Would LE take those items?

I'm just going by what his friends said and they said he hitchhiked into town before not that they got a ride from neighbor.

I'm perfectly fine with you not agreeing with my theory.

yes, they did say hitchhiked ..' they went on to say that they ALWAYS tried to talk him out of doing it because of the dangers involved

Very good point! I'd also like to add that when I'm calling to wake someone up, I often call the land line because they are louder and ring longer. Dylan was reported to be sleeping on the couch in that tiny house...seems to me a ringing land line was going to be heard much easier. JMO

Wow, Kamille good catch! Sure hope LE has (OR WILL) look to see if MR's phone shows outgoing calls only to Dylan's cell phone.

yes, they did say hitchhiked ..' they went on to say that they ALWAYS tried to talk him out of doing it because of the dangers involved

Wow! I've never seen that interview. Can you please give me a link?

Just watched the video in that article. It has a shot of the bicycle outside MR's home at about 1:15. Which brings me back to the question...If Dylan took off on his own Monday morning, why didn't he take that bike?

Why was the bike out there anyway? Dylan hadn't been there in over two months. Did he use it the last time he was there? Has it been sitting there for over two months while MR has been out of town? Safe neigbourhood if you can leave a bike out for months and no one takes it.

MOO

rebeccaeee
I know I'm a few pages behind but if not already addressed, here is my post from Dec 2 about that RSO that lives next to MR.
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=8600956&postcount=647

Specifically the last link given there. It states...
"33 year old Ronald Ralph Simpson Jr. was arrested for Sexual Exploitation of Children. Agents with Immigration and Customs Enforcement received information that Simpson was distributing child *advertiser censored* via peer-to-peer networks. A search warrant was obtained for Simpson’s apartment and was executed by the La Plata County Sherriff’s Office and ICE. The investigation revealed that Simpson had more than 1000 printed pictures of child *advertiser censored* and hundreds of CDs containing thousands of child *advertiser censored* images in his possession."

http://www.bluesprucervpark.com/maps.html

This pic gives a better idea, both about where this fella lives and the area surrounding the lake. Haven't been able to find out much else (no thanks to Colorado and their pay per view criminal records databases!) but still working on it. This is the baby faced fellow I remembered. Don't like that he set off a few hinky meters, both for proximity and history.

But according to the recent timeline released by police, there was a message (text) send from Dylan's electronic device. The reporter that did the recent interviews claims it was from Dylan's cell phone.

The only thing official that I've seen from LE so far is that there was an electronic communication (texting) at 9:37pm. No indication of inbound or outbound and what device was used. And I'm still curious as to whether they added the bracketed word "text" or "texting" to their official release or whether it was added by a news organization.

MOO

So the DVD player and movie were touched by Dylan on Sunday. Would LE take those items?

I hope so, although Dylan's fingerprints would likely be on both since he's been in the home before and he picked up the movie from the discount bin. Be interested to know if his prints were found on the plastic case after the cellophane wrap was removed and on the actual disc itself. I'm sure LE would know if that particular movie was purchased at Walmart that night.

MOO

Just jumping off your post azgrandma but since MR seemed to indicate that he really tried to get in touch with Dylan that morning to find out if he needed to bring anything home with him since he went on about how you've got to get things when you are in town when you live so far out, even though he was scheduled to be driving into Bayfield as soon as he got home, does he not know his own phone number? Why wouldn't he have called his own landline to talk to Dylan and perhaps to wake him up if he thought he was still sleeping?

When I read through that transcript of MR's interview I am just :waitasec:. If that is what his LE interviews have been like I can imagine why there is no movement in this case. And I can imagine what they're thinking.

MOO

He talks in circles and always appears very controlled. IMO, he slipped up when he talked about how inconvenient it was to drive into town, even on two separate days. He then tries to clean it up by saying he was fully prepared to do this for Dylan. I'm not buying it. Dylan supposedly refused to get up. I don't think many parents would then agree to drive their child later since it's such a distance. JMO

For reference from TxJan's transcript:

You know, when you drive up here, you don’t want to go to Durango again the next day, so you have to think ahead. *You know, you gotta’ make sure you pick up everything you need while you’re in town because it’s a long way to go to Durango or Bayfield to get something you overlooked.
Melissa Blasius:
Teenagers don’t always understand those kinds of things.
Mark Redwine:
No, they don’t. *They don’t…and it wasn’t a huge issue because I was already prepared to be back up here to pick him up ‘cos I was going to take him down to Bayfield so he could see Ryan and Fernando and Wesley and ….all of that.

http://www.bluesprucervpark.com/maps.html

This pic gives a better idea, both about where this fella lives and the area surrounding the lake. Haven't been able to find out much else (no thanks to Colorado and their pay per view criminal records databases!) but still working on it. This is the baby faced fellow I remembered. Don't like that he set off a few hinky meters, both for proximity and history.

How about this guy hes in Bayfield?

http://www.familywatchdog.us/ViewInfo.asp

I cant find alot of SO's in this area!

I've noticed in the past threads concerning the Fathers employment, I'm not sure if he's currently employed with this company ' United Pipeline Systems ' North America Global Headquarters 135 Turner Drive Durango, CO 81303 ups@unitedpipeline.com
But there's been previous post concerning the above mentioned company, any type of pipe is buried underground, construction company's leave their heavy equipment machines on site, and depending on the type of machines, operators have keys for different equipment manufactures.

Back in November when Dylan arrived, any active construction sites, all a person would need to do is use any of the digging equipment on site, uncover a certain area of recently buried pipe, any thing can be disposed of in the ground, there would be no reason to suspect any thing unusual.

Any underground construction sites within a hours distance from Durango to the Fathers residence should be considered. the fishing pole story, and finding it at the lake seems like a distraction.

These construction company's bury the pipe and cover the trenches, a person familiar with the current site could quickly uncover a small area of dirt, bury a item or in a worst case scenario, bury a human person close to the buried pipe, and there would be no reason to ever open that location in our lifetime.

Maybe that's why the Father is so confident and wants Law Enforcement to concentrate on him, he's not concerned about Dylan being recovered, if the above theory that I've posted is a possibility.

The only thing official that I've seen from LE so far is that there was an electronic communication (texting) at 9:37pm. No indication of inbound or outbound and what device was used. And I'm still curious as to whether they added the bracketed word "text" or "texting" to their official release or whether it was added by a news organization.

MOO

Ive seen sent.

Yep. It's just a ridiculous notion all around.

Question AZGrandma, is Mark a problem-solver? Meaning, is he capable of identifying the root cause of a problem and then formulate a solution to resolve that problem? Or, is he the kind of guy who finds himself in problematic situations (perhaps repeatedly), but is not able to grasp why or put a plan in place to change it?

I'm looking to gauge whether he has a general sense of control over his life.

IMO and please keep in mind it was years ago. he could find a solution to the problem but they weren't always reasonable and did not always solve the problem. Typically it was someone elses fault in the first place. MR didn't make mistakes, everyone else did.

I just cannot picture the scenario of someone MR knows who hears about Dylan's visit staking out the house for a chance to kidnap him. Predators do not really need to go to this extreme, one that would seem to have a small chance of having everything work perfectly, to find a child to kidnap. And this would almost have to be someone who not only knew he was coming but also knew MR was likely to leave him alone, which only happened by chance since Dylan is said to have overslept, anyway. Narrowing down the list of potentials suspects considerably, one would think. LE would have asked MR to name anyone who knew Dylan was there.

Even more unlikely to me is the idea that a friend of MR's stopped by who also just happened to be a child predator, and hey, it was his lucky day.

IMO if a stranger or an outsider is involved in any way, it happened away from the house after Dylan left. But I do not believe he would do so without reaching out to R.

So. I am stuck.

STUCK ! Right ? Me too. Any option I can talk myself out of BOTH sides, so where does that leave us ? I don't believe he got taken from the house OR from beyond the house ( on the street etc ) so where did he go ? I really dont' believe MR had anything to do with it but I'm compelled to think he must have something to do with , so where is he ? The only good outcome I can think of now is that someone has him stashed away somewhere. All other options are horrible to consider and that is the least likely option. Heart break !

Yes I have questions about that reporter's abilities both in interviewing and in getting information, especially from LE.

MOO

IMO comical in some parts. I'm sure it's easier said than done, but when she said, let me flip the page. That was funny.

I hope so, although Dylan's fingerprints would likely be on both since he's been in the home before and he picked up the movie from the discount bin. Be interested to know if his prints were found on the plastic case after the cellophane wrap was removed and on the actual disc itself. I'm sure LE would know if that particular movie was purchased at Walmart that night.

MOO

Prints on the bathroom door , the flush handle, water faucet. I would think this
would be the perfect place to look for prints. I would think the bathroom had been cleaned and wiped down since sept.

I found it interesting that ER said that Dylan was not that interested in football, well at least actually playing the sport, and yet MR said that Dylan told him at the beginning of this visit that he was not happy about not being able to try out for the school football team? Would this be the only thing he had to say to his father about his new life two months after school had begun? Have they not had any contact since then? In fact I believe that was the only conversation that MR has mentioned that they supposedly had about something other than vague Thanksgiving plans.

:waitasec:

MOO

Maybe Dylan fudged the truth there a bit. There are many many sports fans who do not like to PLAY and perhaps he told dad he would try to play at the new school, but his heart wasn't in it, so he made up a little reason why it didn't work out. I think , especially, when it comes to sports, boys may tell mom and dad two different things.
Or maybe he wasn't really all that into it but just signed up to see about making some new friends and fit in at the new school.

He talks in circles and always appears very controlled. IMO, he slipped up when he talked about how inconvenient it was to drive into town, even on two separate days. He then tries to clean it up by saying he was fully prepared to do this for Dylan. I'm not buying it. Dylan supposedly refused to get up. I don't think many parents would then agree to drive their child later since it's such a distance. JMO

For reference from TxJan's transcript:

You know, when you drive up here, you don’t want to go to Durango again the next day, so you have to think ahead. *You know, you gotta’ make sure you pick up everything you need while you’re in town because it’s a long way to go to Durango or Bayfield to get something you overlooked.
Melissa Blasius:
Teenagers don’t always understand those kinds of things.
Mark Redwine:
No, they don’t. *They don’t…and it wasn’t a huge issue because I was already prepared to be back up here to pick him up ‘cos I was going to take him down to Bayfield so he could see Ryan and Fernando and Wesley and ….all of that.

BBM
Right! If the distance were so crucial, wouldn't MR have said to Dylan (during the 45 min - one hour duration), "Ok buddy, this is your last wake up call - - if you don't make this bus, you won't be seeing your friends." In which case, I feel certain Dylan would have jumped out of bed (off the couch).

BBM
Right! If the distance were so crucial, wouldn't MR have said to Dylan (during the 45 min - one hour duration), "Ok buddy, this is your last wake up call - - if you don't make this bus, you won't be seeing your friends." In which case, I feel certain Dylan would have jumped out of bed (off the couch).

And on that same note, imo that's why MR says in the interview that he would
do anything for that boy (paraphrase) - it's the only way the whole driving back and forth would make sense. In other words, I think MR has thought about this a lot, and is trying to fill in the holes (imo).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dsedani