CO- Dylan Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 November 2012 - #52

Status
Not open for further replies.
My kids don't answer the house phone, ever. If I want to get ahold of one of them, I send a text. Even from inside the house.

Hi guys, new user here. Been lurking for a few days specifically on this case. It fascinates me but at the same time breaks my heart. I'd give anything to have Dylan back alive but I sadly don't think that's going to happen.

As an Englishman I have a couple of questions regarding the status of missing persons in Colorado:
Firstly, is there a set time for when a missing person can be "presumed dead"?
If Dylan were to be presumed dead, would LE look at it as a murder investigation?
If not, would LE simply leave this case open in hope of tips and not specifically dedicate people to investigate it?

I also want to suggest my :twocents: for a couple of things I've seen in this thread.
Firstly, with regards Dylan wearing jeans. I can only assume this stems from one of the CCTV images cutting off just above where we would see the lower part of Dylan's legs. I've looked at both images and although this is only my opinion, I am as certain as I can be that he is wearing shorts in both pictures. He has his hands in his pockets in both pictures and is walking, this leads to the hands and pocket area sticking out a little, I'm sure of this because I have a very similar pair. I can see that in both images. You can also tell by how the shorts flare out a little, jeans just don't do that.

Secondly, Dylan's phone charger. IMO, Dylan had his phone charger. In a text to the friend he was set to meet, I recall him saying something like "if you don't let me in, I'll keep ringing", this suggests to me he expected to have full use of his phone the next day. If he'd noticed a low battery and checked for no charger he probably would have told his friend "I'll be over, battery is low and I have no charger so I won't be able to ring". Then again, he may have done. It's really complicating to not know exactly what Dylan said in his final text message at 9:37 PM. Was he telling his friend he was going to sleep? Was he saying he had low battery or charger? Did he just cut off mid-conversation?

Sorry for the long post, it went on a bit longer than I expected. I'm glad to have gotten this off my chest. I think about Dylan every day and there is no-one I can speak to about it so at least I can contribute here. I so want him home.

Welcome, its great to see new thoughts and ideas.

Dylans case isn't considered by LE as just a missing persons case, within days they had determined that it was a criminal investigation.

They are still searching and investigating.

In the early days of the investigation there were different missing posters put out by different people, in one of those pictures IIRC Dylan was wearing jeans and the description was for the clothes he had on in the picture.

My kids don't answer the house phone, ever. If I want to get ahold of one of them, I send a text. Even from inside the house.

But this is a house with very bad cell phone reception. Texts would get though but cell phone coverage was bad from all accounts . So in that case the landline would of been used more IMO

this is the link which explains the bad reception http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1212/03/ng.01.html

Hi guys, new user here. Been lurking for a few days specifically on this case. It fascinates me but at the same time breaks my heart. I'd give anything to have Dylan back alive but I sadly don't think that's going to happen.

As an Englishman I have a couple of questions regarding the status of missing persons in Colorado:
If Dylan were to be presumed dead, would LE look at it as a murder investigation?
If not, would LE simply leave this case open in hope of tips and not specifically dedicate people to investigate it?

I also want to suggest my :twocents: for a couple of things I've seen in this thread.
Firstly, with regards Dylan wearing jeans. I can only assume this stems from one of the CCTV images cutting off just above where we would see the lower part of Dylan's legs. I've looked at both images and although this is only my opinion, I am as certain as I can be that he is wearing shorts in both pictures. He has his hands in his pockets in both pictures and is walking, this leads to the hands and pocket area sticking out a little, I'm sure of this because I have a very similar pair. I can see that in both images. You can also tell by how the shorts flare out a little, jeans just don't do that.

Secondly, Dylan's phone charger. IMO, Dylan had his phone charger. In a text to the friend he was set to meet, I recall him saying something like "if you don't let me in, I'll keep ringing", this suggests to me he expected to have full use of his phone the next day. If he'd noticed a low battery and checked for no charger he probably would have told his friend "I'll be over, battery is low and I have no charger so I won't be able to ring". Then again, he may have done. It's really complicating to not know exactly what Dylan said in his final text message at 9:37 PM. Was he telling his friend he was going to sleep? Was he saying he had low battery or charger? Did he just cut off mid-conversation?

Sorry for the long post, it went on a bit longer than I expected. I'm glad to have gotten this off my chest. I think about Dylan every day and there is no-one I can speak to about it so at least I can contribute here. I so want him home.
Welcome Prado.

I am putting this wiki link that indicates that it is typically seven years before a missing person can be declared dead in absentia. It states that it varies in each state, but this could be considered a general time frame. I think that it would depend on the circumstances surrounding the disappearance, i.e. several witnesses to a person falling from a cruise ship and the person never being seen again vs. a child missing from home. This link briefly touches on 9/11 and the need to shorten that time.

Missing person - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

IMOO LE would not base their investigation on whether a person is legally declared dead or not. I would believe that they need to follow the evidence and let it lead them. It's an interesting question, I've seen where a missing person's case has gone from "missing" to "presumed dead"
IMOO LE makes determinations on closing out a case due to a variety of reasons, they go cold and rarely get a glance after time. It's sad that there are so many unsolved missing person cases and unsolved murders here. Sometimes a family never gets closure.
Not much help for you, but I know that there are several wonderful posters that can probably help you out better.

Welcome!

I wonder if LE have any plans to do a new press release as its been months and months now ?!

I agree , you would call the landline first as you have a better chance of getting though on the first attempt.

Either way, I think many of us would agree that if the cell didn't get through, we'd try the landline (or vice versa).

Very good post, Prado. Welcome. I too think of Dylan every day -- something about him has captured many hearts.

The other thing I don't buy is that Mark just happened to go to Nandos (because he knew where some of the friends lived but not all...and the first place he went, voila!) They had gone from R's to Gmas to Nandos....lucky guess? I think he knew exactly where to go because he had Dylan's phone. moo

To further speculate on this, if Mark had Dylan's phone and read the text from R then Dylan's cell phone was operational. Dylan's phone records would also show a ping at the time R sent the message.

A decision has been made to close Dylan's forum and threads for now. If there is new news, we will open a thread for discussion and if ER or MR decide to do more interviews on Tricia's radio show, we will open a thread so posters can follow along.

If someone notices that there is new information that could be important, please alert a Mod so the information can be reviewed.

Thanks Everybody and many, many prayers that Dylan is home soon.

Salem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members