CO- Dylan Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 November 2012 - #52

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think there are still other suspects - we just don't know who.

I still believe that an RSO could be involved. There was one very close to where Dylan was last seen. LE says all the RSOs have been checked out, but if they checked out RSOs in the same manner as the RSOs in the Lunford (I spelt that wrong) case - then it doesn't really mean much, does it?

And there could be a complete unknown that left no clues behind.

I think it is telling that LE brought up looking at the places within walking distance for Dylan. It is very likely that Dylan is very near to MR's house, if something bad happened.

I also think by throwing all our eggs into one basket, we do Dylan a disservice. And .... the case does not seem to be moving forward under that one theory. So exploring other options is not a bad idea.

JMO,

Salem

Thank you for this answer . But then that does not explain away Mark's behaviour since Dylan went missing IMO

We have things that we can discuss about Dylan. Sleuthing is not required nor advised. He had to move away from his community, his friends, his father and in with a man who is not his father (his mother's ex-husband and current boyfriend) and his children, to a new school, a new community. He was likely in some turmoil and I refuse to ignore that aspect. LE wouldn't ignore it.

I agree they probably looked deeply into that & they don't believe he ran away. We don't have any basis IMO to assume Dylan was having problems of any kind, in fact both parents & his older brother are in agreement. To suggest anything else is pure and baseless speculation and causes drama when there is no need. I don't see how this would help find Dylan.

I agree they probably looked deeply into that & they don't believe he ran away. We don't have any basis IMO to assume Dylan was having problems of any kind, in fact both parents & his older brother are in agreement. To suggest anything else is pure and baseless speculation and causes drama when there is no need. I don't see how this would help find Dylan.

I understand that you feel that way, however, there is no rule in place that stops such discussion. I'm not trying to disparage Dylan in any way, I want him found. I want to understand and explore his feelings, thoughts and attitudes as they relate to this crime against him. I'm okay with you not taking part, but a bit aggravated with people telling me it's irrelevant when it's clearly something that LE would do to understand a crime.

We have things that we can discuss about Dylan. Sleuthing is not required nor advised. He had to move away from his community, his friends, his father and in with a man who is not his father (his mother's ex-husband and current boyfriend) and his children, to a new school, a new community. He was likely in some turmoil and I refuse to ignore that aspect. LE wouldn't ignore it.

Was Dylan desperate to see his Bayfield friends on November 19? How would that impact the steps he might take to get there? (for example)

BBM - I can agree with you here. I think Dylan was very desperate to see his friends. I even believe desperate enough to possibly have walked or hitch hiked. But, and in my opinion it is a big but. There is zero communication from Dylan to anyone. If we speculate Dylan took off to see his friends, why didn't he text R before he took off or text his dad to see how much longer he would be? I can postulate on many things that do not include Mark, however I then double back and there is that lack of communication. This puts Dylan taking off on his own out of the equation for me.

'Bayou, I just don't know how you would go about it given TOS rules. Tricia gave us limits on Dylan I think from the previous show, I'll see if I can find it & bump it. This for example this was from Salem just yesterday (BBM):

Please do not go down the road of trying to involve other family members here. It is true that MR has been analyzed under a very fine lamp - but there was a reason for that. It was obvious that LE had MR in their headlights.

LE has given NO indication that they suspect anyone else at this point. That means everyone else is off the table and are to be treated as victims of this very confusing situation. LE has also given no indication that MR is going to be arrested. This is a few steps back from LE's position around month 2.

Unfortunately, we are now playing a waiting game. Searches have come up empty and LE does not appear to have evidence to arrest anyone. LE says SO's have been checked out, whatever that means. Our options are limited here. We have to wait for new searches and movement by LE before this case moves forward. Waiting can be tedious - but it is no excuse for bickering and fighting or trying to involve others in the situation.

LE calls it a criminal investigation, so it would seem that they have enough evidence to determine a crime happened. LE just has not given any indication as to what kind of crime, or if they still believe it was MR that committed the crime.

What does the evidence collected in the search warrants tell us? There are clues there, I think.

Salem

Based on what everyone else has presented, that MR barely spent time with Dylan in the last, what, three years. I don't see how it could have affected MR more than it did Dylan, as it was Dylan living this life, not MR. I have asked quite a few times, if LE has reconsidered the idea that Dylan ran away, after seeing everything that has played out, right down to DP show. I did not believe Dylan ran away at first. Now, I cannot say it's not a possibility in my mind. The more this plays out, the more I can see why he may have if he did. This whole case, IMO, is a circus. If Dylan's life was surrounded by this type of drama in the midst of major changes, I could see why he "may" run away if he did. Someone posted links a while back as to depending on what was "really" going on with Dylan the types of people who would "prey" on him. To me that's something that can't be ruled out either.

I do think Mark was affected by the changes that took place with the Colorado Springs move. Custody, child support changes and Dylan began ignoring his dad when this happened. I haven't seen anything that tells us in the previous years Dylan ignored him before these changes occurred. In my opinion, there was a big change in Dylan and Mark's relationship after the last court hearing.

I haven't ruled out a stranger abduction. I think it is possible Dylan was playing a game on his IPod rather than texting. Some games you cannot pause. This is a feasible explanation for why Dylan did not respond to R or his mom. He was playing a game that he didn't want to interrupt. He possibly fell asleep afterwards. That brings us to the morning in the timeline when Mark began trying to wake Dylan. I can see a young kid not wanting to wake up, but then I double back again and I have a problem with Mark's inconsistent statements here. The 6:30/7:30 time change bothers me. My first wish would be to have Dylan home. My second would be to be able to rule Mark out. Sadly, I don't see either happening anytime soon.

Just wondering if you read the article I posted up thread about the importance of victimology? I believe that the FBI uses this and would probably help the LPCSO do so if they lacked the experience with it. In an investigation it is crucial to "know" the victim. I do agree, Mark Redwine is not cleared. Neither is anyone else according to the press releases issued by LE.

I apologize if this sounds snotty, but the article you linked to was from TruTv.

I have a feeling that the FBI, who has been involved in DR's case, has probably shared with the LPCSO their voluminous, well-researched, vetted, and professionally accepted information on this topic.

I apologize if this sounds snotty, but the article you linked to was from TruTv.

I have a feeling that the FBI, who has been involved in DR's case, has probably shared with the LPCSO their voluminous, well-researched, vetted, and professionally accepted information on this topic.

Yes, I gave you a link you could access. I have read scholarly articles on this subject that the average person would not be able to access without educational credentialing. If you have access to those search engines, you can find them, but the average person won't. So, I furnished a mainstream article who presented the premise in a terms a layperson could understand.

http://irv.sagepub.com/
Here is one that you can see.

Aren't we all trying to speculate what LE may have, or may have done, or may not have considered in regards to Dylan? I thought that's what we were all doing here, is speculating this entire case, based on what information is out there. Some of us, have stated over and over again that we can't make any clear conclusion about what's happened to Dylan without more facts. I believe one of Bayou's requests is to know more about Dylan as a person and more about Dylan's life before his disappearance. It was stated by both parents that he would do whatever just to make others happy. That doesn't give us that clear of a picture of what Dylan may have internalized as to not disrupt the happiness of either parent. IMO his friends may know more about this, and how Dylan truly felt, better than his own parents would. That is why I think it would be interesting to hear what they had to say about Dylan's life. Let me be clear, since others like to "infer" I mean something different. I am NOT suggesting they be sleuthed, I am saying it would be nice to HEAR from them about this type of stuff, as I think they would be Dylan's biggest confidants on this matter.

LE/FBI has professionals very capable to do any profiling. I am really uncomfortable with 'profiling' Dylan in this public forum. :twocents::twocents:

Yes, I gave you a link you could access. I have read scholarly articles on this subject that the average person would not be able to access without educational credentialing. If you have access to those search engines, you can find them, but the average person won't. So, I furnished a mainstream article who presented the premise in a terms a layperson could understand.

http://irv.sagepub.com/
Here is one that you can see.

Ohhh. Okay, thank you. I _do_ have access to most of the major search engines -- LexisNexis, JSTOR, etc.

My main point was that I was confident that the FBI was aware of, and sharing, this information with local LE.

At any rate, thanks for responding.

I would be more open to a stranger abduction or to Dylan just walking off to attempt to hitch a ride, if there had been any communication from him on Monday morning. We know he had access to his phone, his iPod, the computer and a landline. We know that according to Mark, he took time to eat a bowl of cereal, which is more than enough time to check texts and send a reply to R, his mom, or someone. It's the lack of any communication on Monday morning that I can't get past in looking at other possible scenarios. Most kids that age are attached to their phones, and we have heard plenty to describe Dylan as one of those kids. If he had time to eat, he had time to text, IMO.

LE/FBI has professionals very capable to do any profiling. I am really uncomfortable with 'profiling' Dylan in this public forum. :twocents::twocents:

I totally agree and the same goes for his friends, they are minors, completely off limits IMO

This is included in all Bayou's postings: MOO, JMO, MOO and MOO

If she is quoting a specific source, I have found her to be excellent in providing those links.

Thank you. I added a disclaimer to my signature today. I didn't realize we could do this, but it certainly makes life a lot easier!

I do think Mark was affected by the changes that took place with the Colorado Springs move. Custody, child support changes and Dylan began ignoring his dad when this happened. I haven't seen anything that tells us in the previous years Dylan ignored him before these changes occurred. In my opinion, there was a big change in Dylan and Mark's relationship after the last court hearing.

I haven't ruled out a stranger abduction. I think it is possible Dylan was playing a game on his IPod rather than texting. Some games you cannot pause. This is a feasible explanation for why Dylan did not respond to R or his mom. He was playing a game that he didn't want to interrupt. He possibly fell asleep afterwards. That brings us to the morning in the timeline when Mark began trying to wake Dylan. I can see a young kid not wanting to wake up, but then I double back again and I have a problem with Mark's inconsistent statements here. The 6:30/7:30 time change bothers me. My first wish would be to have Dylan home. My second would be to be able to rule Mark out. Sadly, I don't see either happening anytime soon.

I have quite a few theories of why that may be some of which I shared. Could it be Dylan was upset, and took it out on MR, because MR could not stop Dylan's "forced" move. Did Dylan really have a choice in that matter? I mean think about it, would the courts have allowed Dylan to stay with his father in Bayfield with his father to frequently out of town? I don't think it would have been feasible, even if it's what Dylan wanted. You know, kids often get upset with us, over things we can't change, that have an impact on them. An example just for point in reference. Suppose you are a single parent, and you work an odd shift like 3-11: Your kid wants to participate in cheerleading, but the practices are not over until 530 pm. Because of your job you cannot be there to pick up your child, and you can't seem to find reliable transportation for your kid to get home, so you tell them, "no you can't do this." They will often say, why don't you find another job. Something like that, yet they don't have the understanding of how bad the economy is, how hard it is right now to find another job, etc. Eventually they may realize it, but sometimes, it takes them a bit to get it and understand it.

I would be more open to a stranger abduction or to Dylan just walking off to attempt to hitch a ride, if there had been any communication from him on Monday morning. We know he had access to his phone, his iPod, the computer and a landline. We know that according to Mark, he took time to eat a bowl of cereal, which is more than enough time to check texts and send a reply to R, his mom, or someone. It's the lack of any communication on Monday morning that I can't get past in looking at other possible scenarios. Most kids that age are attached to their phones, and we have heard plenty to describe Dylan as one of those kids. If he had time to eat, he had time to text, IMO.

That's the kind of thing it would be helpful to know. Did Dylan always respond immediately to text messages from friends? Did he sometimes delay responses depending on what he was doing? Did he keep his phone charged at all times? Did he even have a charger with him? Did he respond to friends when he felt like it? His mother's opinion of how Dylan texted her is not relevant to the questions, by her admission, he could lose the phone if he didn't respond promptly to her. Everyone has an opinion about teens and how often they text and respond to friends. I have children who do not respond the same way...one of mine is right now respond and the other responds when he feels like it. This is the kind of information that only Dylan's friends or an overall analysis of ALL his text messages could provide.

BBM: We also know he took his phone charger and ipod charger as well. For all those devices to have failed, I would expect an electromagnetic pulse to have knocked out all of Vallecito. IMO Dylan stopped using those devices on Sunday night because HE was no longer able.

BBM: We also know he took his phone charger and ipod charger as well. For all those devices to have failed, I would expect an electromagnetic pulse to have knocked out all of Vallecito. IMO Dylan stopped using those devices on Sunday night because HE was no longer able.

No, we do not know that he had those items. MR didn't say he saw them. LE didn't find them in the search. Whose to say those items weren't left in Colorado Springs?

No, we do not know that he had those items. MR didn't say he saw them. LE didn't find them in the search. Whose to say those items weren't left in Colorado Springs?

His mum Elaine , if they never turned up in Colorado Springs then they was with him . Which has always been the case. Why on earth would Dylan go away for a week and not take his chargers ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SoCal Greg