CO- Dylan Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 November 2012 - #52

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, we do not know that he had those items. MR didn't say he saw them. LE didn't find them in the search. Whose to say those items weren't left in Colorado Springs?

LE did not go looking for items that were not supposed to be there. I consider the SW request as verification that these chargers were in Dylan's possession when he went to Vallecito.

LE did not go looking for items that were not supposed to be there. I consider the SW request as verification that these chargers were in Dylan's possession when he went to Vallecito.

I wonder if those items were listed on a SW for Elaine's residence. And Elaine has been silent on this subject. I can't find any mention of her confirming that Dylan had a charger or even what specific items of clothing Dylan took with him.

Actually, I am pretty sure that Elaine told Tricia when she was on her show that Dylan had both the phone and iPod chargers with him. (Unless I dreamed that, which is possible, lol.) I am at work and can't re-listen to double check, and I don't believe that interview has been transcribed. But I do believe I remember hearing her say it on the show before Mark called in.

If I am wrong, I apologize in advance.

Victimology - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

"Victim proneness
One of the most controversial sub-topics within the broader topic is victim-proneness. The concept of victim proneness has been described as a "highly moralistic way of assigning guilt" to the victim of a crime, also known as victim blaming."

Count me out.

You can count me out of that too! It's unfair and immoral to blame a victim.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1212/03/ng.01.html

From the Nancy Grace interview

GRACE: OK, so that`s normal. What about the cell phone and the backpack and other belongings?

REDWINE: It was my understanding from his dad that everything Dylan had was in his backpack including his cell phone, his iPod, his iPod charger, his cell phone charger, all of his clothes. So we had to actually make a trip to get some of Dylan`s clothes from where we live in Colorado Springs because it was my understanding there were no clothes at his dad`s house.

Based on what everyone else has presented, that MR barely spent time with Dylan in the last, what, three years. I don't see how it could have affected MR more than it did Dylan, as it was Dylan living this life, not MR. I have asked quite a few times, if LE has reconsidered the idea that Dylan ran away, after seeing everything that has played out, right down to DP show. I did not believe Dylan ran away at first. Now, I cannot say it's not a possibility in my mind. The more this plays out, the more I can see why he may have if he did. This whole case, IMO, is a circus. If Dylan's life was surrounded by this type of drama in the midst of major changes, I could see why he "may" run away if he did. Someone posted links a while back as to depending on what was "really" going on with Dylan the types of people who would "prey" on him. To me that's something that can't be ruled out either.

Personally I think Dylan was a happy kid. I think he was happy to go to see his dad so he could go see his friends. At Dylans age they would much rather hang out with their friends than their parent.

I think when Mark told him no to bayfield sunday night all hell broke loose
And Dylan and Mark fought and Mark won. This is all Just my personal opinion!

Victimology - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

"Victim proneness
One of the most controversial sub-topics within the broader topic is victim-proneness. The concept of victim proneness has been described as a "highly moralistic way of assigning guilt" to the victim of a crime, also known as victim blaming."

Count me out.

I can see where people often think that, I mentioned something about the negative connotations from the term. However, it's not meant to blame the victim at all. It's to help LE figure out what type of perpetrator would be attracted to a specific victim. Like I mentioned earlier, Dylan seemed, by a few accounts, to be trusting of strangers. I view that in quite a few ways and I don't fault Dylan for it. To me it means he has either not experienced bad or he always starts out seeing the good in every person, in a world like it is today, it's hard for people to put aside the bad and give people a "chance." I believe most people view the world as trust has to be earned, rather than fully giving someone your trust off the bat. However, there are specific types of offenders who would take advantage of a person who is like that. It helps narrow down the "offender pool" so to speak. A person who is nice to everyone and is always there to offer a helping hand can often be victimized by a con artist. It does not mean they were "asking for it," like some people perceive, it means they CHOOSE to do what they feel is right, regardless of the bad people out there that may take advantage of them. They choose to do good works. IMO it takes a strong person, who is genuinely nice and caring not to give up on people in society that may truly need their help just because a few bad apples may take advantage of them for their niceness. If you really have no leads to go on, and no clear direction to move in, it's best to narrow down the suspect pool to find an area to focus your energy on.

Aren't we all trying to speculate what LE may have, or may have done, or may not have considered in regards to Dylan? I thought that's what we were all doing here, is speculating this entire case, based on what information is out there. Some of us, have stated over and over again that we can't make any clear conclusion about what's happened to Dylan without more facts. I believe one of Bayou's requests is to know more about Dylan as a person and more about Dylan's life before his disappearance. It was stated by both parents that he would do whatever just to make others happy. That doesn't give us that clear of a picture of what Dylan may have internalized as to not disrupt the happiness of either parent. IMO his friends may know more about this, and how Dylan truly felt, better than his own parents would. That is why I think it would be interesting to hear what they had to say about Dylan's life. Let me be clear, since others like to "infer" I mean something different. I am NOT suggesting they be sleuthed, I am saying it would be nice to HEAR from them about this type of stuff, as I think they would be Dylan's biggest confidants on this matter.

BBM - I agree with you that we are all speculating, we (in general) may want more information but it is not available. It's difficult to work with what is handed to us (in general). I don't think that sleuthing a minor or sleuthing a victim is necessary. Not saying you suggested sleuthing a minor this time. Every indication from the information provided to us by msm shows that Dylan was a happy, healthy, well adjusted young boy and the move did not traumatize him. I believe that both EH & MR have said as much.

LE/FBI has professionals very capable to do any profiling. I am really uncomfortable with 'profiling' Dylan in this public forum. :twocents::twocents:

Me too, isn't he suppose to be the victim? I understand wanting to know information, yet limits are limits.

No, we do not know that he had those items. MR didn't say he saw them. LE didn't find them in the search. Whose to say those items weren't left in Colorado Springs?

EH stated in the NG interview that those items were missing from Dylan's backpack that he took to MR's house.

I wonder if those items were listed on a SW for Elaine's residence. And Elaine has been silent on this subject. I can't find any mention of her confirming that Dylan had a charger or even what specific items of clothing Dylan took with him.

There is no indication that a SW was ever served on EH's residence, LE said that they searched it, I would imagine that EH gave consent to search since she is trying so very hard to find her son.

Thanks! That was what I referring to.

I understand that you feel that way, however, there is no rule in place that stops such discussion. I'm not trying to disparage Dylan in any way, I want him found. I want to understand and explore his feelings, thoughts and attitudes as they relate to this crime against him. I'm okay with you not taking part, but a bit aggravated with people telling me it's irrelevant when it's clearly something that LE would do to understand a crime.

BBM

I had thought there was, but since the posts are staying up, I was obviously mistaken. There may be no rule, but I think all of us have to be very careful.

In "exploring his feelings, thoughts and attitudes," it's important to remember what someone (Emma Ems?) brought up a few posts back: for the past three years or so, Dylan had been spending very little time with Mark at all. So little, in fact, that it may have ended up that Dylan would actually be spending _more_ time with him under a court-negotiated schedule, so the move to Colorado Springs would not be affecting that part of Dylan's life in a significant way.

Looking from the outside in (as all of us here are), it appears that DR had moved to a lovely house, with a stably-employed mother and soon to be stepfather. He was with his brother, to whom he was very close, and he was actively involved in school, sports, and life. Further, his visit with his father was to be very short, and in just a year or so, or even less, he would reach the age at which he could dictate who he wished to maintain contact with.

The devotion and determination to Dylan that Elaine, Cory, MH, and their family and friends have displayed during this tragedy has, more than once, brought me to tears. One does not receive that kind of support from one's community unless one earns it -- how many of us have so many friends, friends who would spend countless hours, over seven long months, supporting us?

The behavior displayed by MR, who, as was noted by yet another poster, hasn't even put up a poster, has left me baffled. No one knows if he is guilty of anything other than negligence, but his response to date has made seeing him as a victim very difficult.

BBM - I agree with you that we are all speculating, we (in general) may want more information but it is not available.

There is no indication that a SW was ever served on EH's residence, LE said that they searched it, I would imagine that EH gave consent to search since she is trying so very hard to find her son.

snipped and BBM--

Right, we don't know if there was a SW or not or what LE was looking for at Elaine's home. If we had one, we would know if they looked for Dylan's charger, but as it stands, we just don't know.

I think I addressed the content of the rest of your post before you made your post.

So, Elaine heard it from Mark....

This is not a reliable statement of what was in Dylan's backpack.

Surely ALL of Dylan's clothes weren't in that tiny pack. I got the impression from MR's interviews that he did not inventory Dylan's pack.

what do you mean by ALL of Dylans clothes, he was only visiting for a week and MR does have a washing machine so items could be washed easily. boys generally pack very light and tshirts, shorts/jeans underwear for example don't take up much room.

phone and ipod chargers don't take up much room either.

snipped and BBM--

Right, we don't know if there was a SW or not or what LE was looking for at Elaine's home. If we had one, we would know if they looked for Dylan's charger, but as it stands, we just don't know.

I think I addressed the content of the rest of your post before you made your post.

Why would LE look for the chargers ( in monument) when its been said and a link provided that they was with Dylan when he went missing ?

BBM - I agree with you that we are all speculating, we (in general) may want more information but it is not available. It's difficult to work with what is handed to us (in general). I don't think that sleuthing a minor or sleuthing a victim is necessary. Not saying you suggested sleuthing a minor this time. Every indication from the information provided to us by msm shows that Dylan was a happy, healthy, well adjusted young boy and the move did not traumatize him. I believe that both EH & MR have said as much.

Me too, isn't he suppose to be the victim? I understand wanting to know information, yet limits are limits.

EH stated in the NG interview that those items were missing from Dylan's backpack that he took to MR's house.

Thanks! That was what I referring to.

BBM. MR allowed LE to search his home too, but due to the nature of the search they did, they needed a SW. If they were to do a similar search of ER's home, they would probably need a SW too, IMO. We don't even know much about that search other than what ER said in the KUSA video.

Bender told the Herald that Mark Redwine has allowed investigators to look through his house on previous occasions.

“But the meticulous nature of the search today required a search warrant,” Bender said.

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/new...edwines-father-does-not-call-father-a-suspect

BBM

I had thought there was, but since the posts are staying up, I was obviously mistaken. There may be no rule, but I think all of us have to be very careful.

In "exploring his feelings, thoughts and attitudes," it's important to remember what someone (Emma Ems?) brought up a few posts back: for the past three years or so, Dylan had been spending very little time with Mark at all. So little, in fact, that it may have ended up that Dylan would actually be spending _more_ time with him under a court-negotiated schedule, so the move to Colorado Springs would not be affecting that part of Dylan's life in a significant way.

Looking from the outside in (as all of us here are), it appears that DR had moved to a lovely house, with a stably-employed mother and soon to be stepfather. He was with his brother, to whom he was very close, and he was actively involved in school, sports, and life. Further, his visit with his father was to be very short, and in just a year or so, or even less, he would reach the age at which he could dictate who he wished to maintain contact with.

The devotion and determination to Dylan that Elaine, Cory, MH, and their family and friends have displayed during this tragedy has, more than once, brought me to tears. One does not receive that kind of support from one's community unless one earns it -- how many of us have so many friends, friends who would spend countless hours, over seven long months, supporting us?

The behavior displayed by MR, who, as was noted by yet another poster, hasn't even put up a poster, has left me baffled. No one knows if he is guilty of anything other than negligence, but his response to date has made seeing him as a victim very difficult.

I read the statues in Colorado, and at no time does a child under the age of 18 make a sole determination of what parent they have contact with. Never. The best interest of the child is the guide and nearly everyone agrees (minus confirmed abuse) that the best interests of a child are best served by having both parents in that child's life. In fact, there are penalties for keeping children away from their parents, the first of which is contempt of court.

Mark Redwine has not been charged with negligence...so I'm not sure where your statement is coming from.

Please don't participate in discussions of how Dylan may have felt, if you feel uncomfortable doing so. That child had a lot on his plate---parents and brother fighting, alcohol and maybe drug abuse, moving, loss of friends....He seems like a great kid....that doesn't change his circumstances or make him responsible for what happened to him.

snipped and BBM--

If a SW was served at EH's house, I would imagine that the press would be all over that like white on rice, they were there when a SW was served on MR's house and his vehicles towed. That leads me to believe that the search was done with EH's consent, didn't she also mention it in the MB interview?

Why would LE look for the chargers ( in monument) when its been said and a link provided that they was with Dylan when he went missing ?

I believe that it could be assumption based. That ER assumed the items were packed in his bag, and that since MR said the bag was gone, so where those items, if she believed he packed them. The fact that we don't seem to know the contents of the bag, tells me that ER may not have had known exactly what Dylan packed either. That could be why we don't have a "contents list" for what was in the backpack.

what do you mean by ALL of Dylans clothes, he was only visiting for a week and MR does have a washing machine so items could be washed easily. boys generally pack very light and tshirts, shorts/jeans underwear for example don't take up much room.

phone and ipod chargers don't take up much room either.

GRACE: OK, so that`s normal. What about the cell phone and the backpack and other belongings?

REDWINE: It was my understanding from his dad that everything Dylan had was in his backpack including his cell phone, his iPod, his iPod charger, his cell phone charger, all of his clothes. So we had to actually make a trip to get some of Dylan`s clothes from where we live in Colorado Springs because it was my understanding there were no clothes at his dad`s house.

If a SW was served at EH's house, I would imagine that the press would be all over that like white on rice, they were there when a SW was served on MR's house and his vehicles towed. That leads me to believe that the search was done with EH's consent, didn't she also mention it in the MB interview?

They weren't even there when the "search" took place. We didn't know ER's home had been searched until she told KUSA, so somehow the press missed that one entirely.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phnix