CO- Dylan Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 November 2012 - #52

Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe that it could be assumption based. That ER assumed the items were packed in his bag, and that since MR said the bag was gone, so where those items, if she believed he packed them. The fact that we don't seem to know the contents of the bag, tells me that ER may not have had known exactly what Dylan packed either. That could be why we don't have a "contents list" for what was in the backpack.

Thank You :) , but then by now the chargers would of been found at Dylan's home , no ? and we have never heard anything different than Dylan had the iPod and Mobile phone charger on him.

I read the statues in Colorado, and at no time does a child under the age of 18 make a sole determination of what parent they have contact with. Never. The best interest of the child is the guide and nearly everyone agrees (minus confirmed abuse) that the best interests of a child are best served by having both parents in that child's life. In fact, there are penalties for keeping children away from their parents, the first of which is contempt of court.

Mark Redwine has not been charged with negligence...so I'm not sure where your statement is coming from.

Please don't participate in discussions of how Dylan may have felt, if you feel uncomfortable doing so. That child had a lot on his plate---parents and brother fighting, alcohol and maybe drug abuse, moving, loss of friends....He seems like a great kid....that doesn't change his circumstances or make him responsible for what happened to him.

BBM

With no disrespect intended:

1) I will be here, and participating, though not disparaging Dylan, as long as this discussion continues.

2) Indeed he did have a lot on his plate, but his life was moving in a positive direction at the time of his disappearance.

3) I couldn't agree more that Dylan bears no responsibility for his disappearance.

ETA: You're correct, "dictate" was too strong a word.

Re: Best interests of the child - there is much disagreement about this in the literature.

Thank You :) , but then by now the chargers would of been found at Dylan's home , no ? and we have never heard anything different than Dylan had the iPod and Mobile phone charger on him.

Depends. They shared Ipods, I would assume they shared Ipod chargers too. Phones often have the same chargers too. Like, we had an HTC, Samsung, and LG phone that all used the same charger, some were smart, some not. We share chargers and we can't tell each other's from the other's. I imagine it's very possible if there were a lot of chargers in the house it wouldn't be immediately discernible who's charger is whom's.

Depends. They shared Ipods, I would assume they shared Ipod chargers too. Phones often have the same chargers too. Like, we had an HTC, Samsung, and LG phone that all used the same charger, some were smart, some not. We share chargers and we can't tell each other's from the other's. I imagine it's very possible if there were a lot of chargers in the house it wouldn't be immediately discernible who's charger is whom's.

Apple is very big on making their products so you can't interchange your chargers. I had a classic iPod, and needed a new charger when I got my Touch. My Touch charger does work on my iPhone, but it does not work on my iPad, which has a totally different charger from any other of their products I own. My old flip phone charger doesn't work with any of them, and my son's droid can't use any of my chargers either, nor can my husband's flip phone. So it's hard to say if they could have been sharing chargers or not.. it would depend on what they each had.

So, Elaine heard it from Mark....

This is not a reliable statement of what was in Dylan's backpack.

Surely ALL of Dylan's clothes weren't in that tiny pack. I got the impression from MR's interviews that he did not inventory Dylan's pack.

Try this one then, it provides more detail and still confirms what ER said on NG:

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]She continued, “If he could call, he would.” His cell phone and charger and various other items were in his backpack, which he supposedly had with him. It’s not at his father’s house, she said. [/FONT]

http://www.pinerivertimes.com/news.asp?artid=1091

Why don't we know what kind of phone Dylan has? Does anyone know the reason for this?

Pretty sure that if LE specifically stated in the search warrant for the (12-hr) search of Mark's home that they were looking for the charger for his phone, they feel confident Dylan had it with him. Unfortunately, the charger along with all of the other items he packed for the trip to visit his father, have not been found (as far as we know).

Apple is very big on making their products so you can't interchange your chargers. I had a classic iPod, and needed a new charger when I got my Touch. My Touch charger does work on my iPhone, but it does not work on my iPad, which has a totally different charger from any other of their products I own. My old flip phone charger doesn't work with any of them, and my son's droid can't use any of my chargers either, nor can my husband's flip phone. So it's hard to say if they could have been sharing chargers or not.. it would depend on what they each had.

Yep, which is why I said it depends. Who can say if they did or did not share chargers? It's a possibility and if they did, ER could probably be looking at D's charger, or hooking her phone up to it, if they did and not even realize it. My hubs is notorious for misplacing his charger, buying new universal type ones, and then the one I had for my Samsung, I pretty much kept up with it, until one day he took it to WORK with him. He couldn't tell them apart, and a lot of times I can tell the "box plug" apart but not the actual cables that hook into the box. The LG was not a smart phone at all, it was one of those flip with full querty keyboard type of phones. It worked on a Samsung charger, oh, and my hubs work Blackberry hooks into the HTC and Samsung phone chargers too. But in all of this my point is, I could see them possibly sharing chargers and ER totally overlooking D's charger if he did leave it at home. I get the impression that neither parent knew what Dylan had with him on that trip, otherwise I feel like we would have a content list of what was in the backpack. As a parent, you would "hope" and "assume" your child would take their chargers, but they may not remember them, mine is often leaving hers here when she goes to spend the night, but luckily usually her friends have a charger she can use.

Why don't we know what kind of phone Dylan has? Does anyone know the reason for this?

IIRC its an older style flip phone, I've seen it mentioned what it was months ago and it has been mentioned in one of the earlier threads too

MOO IMO JMO

Try this one then, it provides more detail and still confirms what ER said on NG:

That quote is interesting firstly because it's not a direct quote but more like a summary of a longer story possibly. If you couple this with her comment from NG it shows she came to this knowledge from MR. Could you see this conversation, "do you see his charger anywhere?" MR: "No it must be in his backpack." This could be a number of things as to why she thinks the charger is in the backpack. Yet, I don't get how he told her this, if they were not communicating. This is the most puzzling thing of all considering she has said numerous times he isn't communicating with her, yet here it's like he was. This whole thing of communicating/not communicating is very confusing and now has me wondering under what terms of communication we are talking about. Bottom line is this, did she look in his bag to make sure it was in the bag before he left? If either parent looked in the bag, why does neither of them know what other contents the bag held? I can only assume that is the reason why we don't know what was in the bags, I do believe in the warrant LE stated that they didn't know what was in the bag either.

Pretty sure that if LE specifically stated in the search warrant for the (12-hr) search of Mark's home that they were looking for the charger for his phone, they feel confident Dylan had it with him. Unfortunately, the charger along with all of the other items he packed for the trip to visit his father, have not been found (as far as we know).

And MR told everyone on the day of the one search he attended, and on Dr. Phil that he didn't have a coat. So, no need to list or look for that. Sorry, couldn't help myself. :seeya:

Well, she sounds unsure..."supposedly". I wonder if she's looked in Dylan's bag before Dylan left? Or if she has scoured her home for it? They had just moved....did she unpack Dylan's belongings and clean his room? Would she announce it if she found the phone charger at her house after the fact?

I still say that there is no proof that the charger was with Dylan, in his bag. It may have been, but no one appears to have seen it there. So maybe it wasn't.

And MR told everyone on the day of the one search he attended, and on Dr. Phil that he didn't have a coat. So, no need to list or look for that. Sorry, couldn't help myself. :seeya:

I'm back to wondering about the sweatshirt LE was looking for in the SW. The one no one ever saw....

I'm back to wondering about the sweatshirt LE was looking for in the SW. The one no one ever saw....

How would anyone ever see the sweatshirt or ANYTHING that belonged to Dylan? Dylan and all of his belongings were never seen again.

do we have any information that no one saw it? or is that an opinion?

then again who did see Dylan after he arrived in Durango?

I would call it a deduction. LE was looking for it. MR complained that Dylan had no coat/jacket. LE didn't find it. Why were they even looking for it? Did Elaine say that Dylan had it? It wasn't visible in the wal mart pictures.

How would anyone ever see the sweatshirt or ANYTHING that belonged to Dylan? Dylan and all of his belongings were never seen again.

Except that the SW describes the hoodie in detail and names it as one of the articles of clothing Dylan was last seen in. Which is a puzzle, I agree. That article of clothing is not listed on the missing flyer. Not even on the updated flyer. Yet LE included it as one of the things Dylan was last seen in. Not as one of the items of clothing that is missing, but specifically as something he was last seen in. This leads me to think that LE has a photo of Dylan in that jacket or an eye witness. (JMO)

Not only is there an excavation company close by, but it hires truck drivers on contract. That piqued my interest as well.

I wonder if MR had ever driven for them or if he knows people who work for then.

I hope LE have checked if there are any connections there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LitWiz