CO- Dylan Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 November 2012 - #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's about 15 miles from his dad's house to his friend's. So he wouldn't have walked there.

The latest report says Dad checked to see if Dylan was at a friends in Vallecito before heading into Bayfield. I sure would like to know how close or far that kid lived from MR's house?

Sometimes people talk more when they are nervous. Dylan's dad has talked more since his house was thoroughly searched and he had his "official interview" with LE. Is he trying to justify to everyone outside of LE what he tried to tell them. He keeps adding little things to his story - blanket still on couch, tv on, cereal bowl - why didn't he mention this at first instead of the fishing pole/lake story?

I hope LE releases their findings from the video tapes - we need verification from Walmart and McD.

I sit here and ponder up an old crime scene show....at end of interview - the sheriff is asked by the person being interview, 'do you think I need an attorney?" and the sheriff, puffing on his cigar and leaning back in his chair, replies, 'that might not be a bad idea cause things aren't lookin good for you' hmmmmm

I really want Dylan to be somewhere safe and this to be a crazy divorce thingy but I'm not feeling it...

"His priority was pretty much with his friends, so I wasn't alarmed," Mark said.

Mark said he tried texting Dylan all afternoon in an area with spotty cellphone service. When he didn't hear anything back by late afternoon, he went to Dylan's friend's house in Vallecito.

http://www.denverpost.com/breakingnews/ci_22108222

A couple of thoughts come to mind in considering this part of the interview with MR :

In this statement MR provides his answer to the question of why he did not do anything (that can be independently verified) with respect to searching for Dylan during the important 5 hour time window of 11:30AM and 4:30PM. (MR's whereabouts and actions that can be independently verified are all outside of this time window.) So in the timeline, MR places himself at home for 5 hours Monday afternoon waiting for Dylan to respond to his text messages.

How did Dylan get to his "friend's house in Vallecito" ? In his saying "I wasn't alarmed," MR implies he likely thought Dylan found transportation to the friend's house. Dylan didn't ride his bike, it's still on the porch. So that leaves either walking or catching a ride of some sort. Given the travel distances involved in that remote area, walking seems unlikely. MR himself implies the practical need for transportation to Dylan's friend's house with his statement:

In hindsight, Mark wonders whether Dylan became impatient and hitchhiked. "I can't quite wrap my mind around that yet," he said.

I just don't get it. From the looks of this, Dylan and his dad would have likely arrived home around 8pm at the earliest. Dylan was jazzed enough to want to meet up with his friends that night. But, when he was told he couldn't go until the following morning he....what?....went straight to bed at 8pm....on the couch....because he was suddenly just that tired??

It doesn't add up for me. One minute, Dylan is awake and energized enough to go out with friends for the night, the next minute he's so exhausted from staying up late the night before and traveling that he has to go to bed at 8pm. One of these things is not like the other.

http://www.canoncitydailyrecord.com/ci_22110078/dad-its-wait-wonder

Keyword : MCDONALDS ......... all that gross , greasy goodness can take down anyone. ;) Seriously I've wondered this myself. Why so pass out drowsy so suddenly and if so , you would think at 6 am the following morning, he'd be up with bells on his toes ready to head to friends.

If this is even true (I doubt MR's entire story), but I could see this as sort of a teenage tantrum. He wanted to be with his friends. If told he couldn't be with the friends, he's thinking something like "ok fine, I'll just go to bed, I don't want to spend any more time with Dad than I absolutely have to!" (I could see any of my boys doing this kind of thing if they didn't get their way).

I could too but that's one of the things that doesn't add up for me. Dylan would, in a huff, abruptly quit texting his friends and then sulk in the most public area of the house -- the living room?

I would think it far more likely Dylan would keep texting his friends, venting about his dad's decision, and go sulk somewhere more private. Surely, there was somewhere in or around the house more conducive to sulking than the living room couch. JMO.

I just don't get it. From the looks of this, Dylan and his dad would have likely arrived home around 8pm at the earliest. Dylan was jazzed enough to want to meet up with his friends that night. But, when he was told he couldn't go until the following morning he....what?....went straight to bed at 8pm....on the couch....because he was suddenly just that tired??

It doesn't add up for me. One minute, Dylan is awake and energized enough to go out with friends for the night, the next minute he's so exhausted from staying up late the night before and traveling that he has to go to bed at 8pm. One of these things is not like the other.

It doesn't sound unusual to me. I recall similar instances when my own son was a teen. He'd think that he could go and go without sleep. When we'd put our foot down and say no, he had to stay home, he'd konk out watching TV in no time at all. I can remember teasing him about it later.

It doesn't sound unusual to me. I recall similar instances when my own son was a teen. He'd think that he could go and go without sleep. When we'd put our foot down and say no, he had to stay home, he'd konk out watching TV in no time at all. I can remember teasing him about it later.

Then I guess let's hope there's at least one text message from Dylan telling his friends about his dad's decision and griping about it. That's the only way I could find this story even halfway believable.

You may be right. But I know from my personal experience that sometimes a person can be wired from a long trip somewhere and think they have enough energy to go somewhere else. But when that doesn't pan out, they suddenly lose all their energy and go right to sleep. Kids are prone to doing this, they'll swear they're not tired and want to stay up and watch t.v. or something else, but if made to go to bed, they're asleep in less than a minute.

Is it possible Dylan fell asleep or was falling asleep on the 45 minute drive home AFTER he finished texting his friends? Got his belly full at Mcdonald's plus a long drive home after staying up late the night before and a flight? I don't think it's so strange that he didn't text anyone that night, it's the next day and no texts that is interesting. Surely had he been able to, he would have been up texting his friends early. If nothing else to say 'hey my Dad left without me and I'm going to come in later'. That is really bothersome to me that there were no calls via landline or no texts or calls via cell to the friends the next day.

The article from last night said one third of the task force are investigating rsos. They are not cleared.one third is on tips and leads and the other third is looking at video.

Sounds like this investigation is wide open

To me, this sounds like typical teenager behavior. Go, go, go until you drop. ;)

Is it possible Dylan fell asleep or was falling asleep on the 45 minute drive home AFTER he finished texting his friends? Got his belly full and Mcdonald's plus a long drive home after staying up late the night before and a flight? I don't think it's so strange that he didn't text anyone that night, it's the next day and no texts that is interesting. Surely had he been able to, he would have been up texting his friends early. If nothing else to say 'hey my Dad left without me and I'm going to come in later'. That is really bothersome to me that there were no calls via landline or no texts or calls via or cell to the friends the next day.

I think the lack of Dylan's normal electronic footprint Monday may be one of the most critical aspect's of this case. A lot of theories fail to reach the bar on this single fact.

The article from last night said one third of the task force are investigating rsos. They are not cleared.one third is on tips and leads and the other third is looking at video.

Sounds like this investigation is wide open

That's good news. I remember the other day LE thanked the public
for handing in video. If 1/3 of task force is looking at it, it must be
a lot. Please let there be that one little blip of good news in that
video !
Thank you for sharing !

I've exhausted all scenarios....

I wonder if during Dad's errands, if he talked to anyone (other than his attorney of course) about his son being in town or if he just quietly went from one task to the next. My hubby is kind of an outspoken guy and talks about our son often, sometimes to the person ringing him out at Home Depot, etc.

It's about 15 miles from his dad's house to his friend's. So he wouldn't have walked there.

exactly. which is why i question no MSM reports of searches, or requests for video/eyewitness accounts for the route from vallecito to bayfield. if he left on his own, logic dictates that's where he would go. bayfield, where his friends are.

if a perp picked him up in that direction or he was hitchiking along the 501 south, there could be a clue along the highway. a backpack perhaps?

but instead they've made public pleas & statements regarding the route from vallecito to durango only; combed the reservoir area and gone door to door in vallecito.

have they gone door to door in bayfield? aside from the two RSO's they checked out? TIA...

This scenario sounds familiar, too.

snipped and bbm
R: So you went to run errands. Were you going to take him with you to run errands?

M: Well, there was some discussion he had with me the night before about leaving with me so I could drop him off in the Bayfield are with one of his friends that had been trying to text him or that he had been communicating with. As he had indicated to me he had been up until 4 o'clock in the morning the night before, he was tired from being in the airport most of the day in his travel from Colorado Springs to Durango. I laughed at him kind of jokingly because I know him. If he ain't got to get up, he's not likely to get up. And he's not the type of kid who's going to get up at 6:30 if he doesn't have to. But you know, his friends are important and I know they're important me. So there was a possibility but it doesn't surprise me he elected to not get up when I left. And when I left, he acknowledged everything I was saying to him and that I would be back. He knew when I came back that I would be working on getting him down to his friends. And that's part of the struggle we all have, you know, what happened to him between the time I left and when I got back. And that's what nobody seems to be able to answer.

Of course, this doesn't offer an explanation for the lack of communication at some point on Monday when he awoke.

Do we know for sure that Dad had a landline? I know there are reports of sketchy cell service in the area. What about internet? If he couldn't text or call surely he could have contacted them via email or online chat or facebook messaging?

There is no doubt in my mind had Dylan been able to contact the friends in the morning he would have.

Interesting "new" article(s) from last night where we get a few more details from dad about that Monday morning.... more specifics ---> more questions ---> more confusion.

Given LE's own description of their initial search of MR's house in the day(s) after Dylan went missing, I'm guessing almost none of the details dad gave are verifiable... the cereal bowl is likely to have been rinsed if not washed, the clothes are likely not in place (and likely were not photographed or noted by LE during the first search of home)... the home wasn't treated as a potential crime scene (potential break in, abduction, staged crime, etc). The nature of the first search and now the search on Thursday w/the SW left a week-and-a-half to alter the home, potentially.

My daily refrain remains the same today... a little baffled and frustrated about the specifics we're hearing on the task force's work:
Lt. Ray Shupe, a spokesman for the task force, said the group has broken into teams this weekend. One is looking into all information that has come into a tip line; another is investigating the registered sex offenders who live in the Vallecito area.

I'm sorry, and I know I would be the absolute worst PITA family member of a missing loved one, but we're two weeks out and this weekend the task force broke into groups to dig into RSO's?? It makes my stomach turn. I have to believe what's going on is top notch but it seems very slow to me; this could be my emotions trumping reality, as nothing is fast enough when there's a missing child and there's no sign of him after 2 weeks.

It's extremely hard for me to believe that LE is unable to verify many of the things we spend so much time& so many pages of threads lamenting over. Especially as details trickle out, like dad telling MSM he and Dylan went to Walmart and McDonalds. It seems MR is cooperating with LE and has been all along, the only question is, is he being honest about everything... if he is, we're really only dealing with that 4 hour time frame of 7:30-11:30 where Dylan went missing and MR is not involved (directly). If he's not being completely forthcoming-- is it because his memory is faulty due to stress, is he trying to minimize some lesser miscue, or he is flat out lying?

If MR's story is completely accurate, which is a possibility, it's down to those 4 hours + any premeditation, communication, or planning that took place in the hours or weeks earlier on someone else's part to take Dylan. I'm struggling to believe that someone or someone(s) were able to take/abduct/hurt Dylan within basically a 23 hour maximum time frame (6pm Sunday - 5pm Monday... being liberal with the time)... with no witnesses, evidence, DNA, trace, whatsoever. And we know LE knows much more than we do, but they're not able to get closer to something concrete (seemingly).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam