Status
Not open for further replies.

imamaze

Former Member
Reaction score
kmgh-uekm-4208333-320x240.png

http://kmgh.m0bl.net/w/news/story/79133185/#

EP-121129662.jpg&MaxW=380

http://www.durangoherald.com/apps/p...2/Search-changes-focus--&template=printpicart
Dylan Redwine, 13, in his baseball uniform this past summer.

http://www.kob.com/article/stories/s2842579.shtml
La Plata County Sheriff’s Office is continuing to search for a 13-year-old Four Corners boy missing since Monday.

Dylan Redwine was reported missing Monday afternoon by his father, Mark Redwine, who lives in Vallecito, about 22 miles northeast of Durango.
Dylan is described as 13 years old, standing 5 feet tall and weighing 105 pounds. He has blond hair and blue eyes.

He was last seen wearing a black Nike shirt, black basketball nylon shorts, black Jordan tennis shoes and a two tone blue and white Duke Blue Devils baseball hat.

Anyone who may have information on Dylan’s whereabouts are asked to contact La Plata County Sheriff’s Office Investigators Dan Patterson (970-382-7015) or Tom Cowing (970-382-7045). People can also call the hotline for the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children at 1-800-THE LOST (1-800-843-5678).

Thread #1
Thread #2
Thread #3
thread #4
Thread #5
Thread #6

Dylan Redwine Media and Map Links

Timeline Reference Post

Missing Persons Information & Support

Important Changes to the discussion :

Websleuths is a victim friendly forum. To be clear, the victim in any case we cover is the victim (missing and/or deceased child and/or adult). Dylan Redwine is missing and he is our victim.

We are going to open discussion on Dylan's father Mark Redwine although he has not been named a person of interest. The discussion however must have one foot in what is known in media reports and does not include sleuthing of property records, divorce records, etc. More often than not, we are finding that LE is reluctant to name a POI unless and until an arrest is imminent. However, the actions of LE may often times speak louder than words and for this reason, we are now going to allow discussion about Dylan's father.

Any questions or concerns with the above? Please personal message a moderator or administrator.

Sleuthing the father is not allowed. The discussion rules have been relaxed but that does not mean you can outright accuse him.

No 'tunnel talk' discussion allowed.

All opinions are welcome, please don't talk about being on one team or another. We all want the same thing... Dylan to be found safe

and brought home!!!

Seek&find
Can you please post your last post here

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seek&find
Can you please post your last post here

Edited to add, tried doing it myself. If I'm not allowed please delete

Originally Posted by aust amateur slueth

something else thats bugging me.

if Dylan was going to meet up with friends at 6.30am why did his Dad not leave until 7.30am?

and wouldn't it have made more sense for him to drop Dylan off the night before instead of him having to get up so early?

have we heard yet whether the change of plans was made by phone call or text message? IMO thats an important piece of information

Dylan had asked his father whether he could go to his friends' that evening after they had shopped at Walmart and eaten at a McDonald's in Durango and before the 45-minute drive to Mark's home north of Vallecito Lake. Mark said he told his son it was too late. So Dylan texted friends in Bayfield, his father said, and made arrangements to meet them the next morning.
BBM link

It looks like, per Dad, Dylan texted his Bayfield friends the night he arrived to change plans. I'd think LE has looked at what time they left the airport, were at Walmart and McDonald's, and when that text occurred. Since the article says Dylan asked after shopping and eating, but before the drive home, I wonder where/when the text occurred and if it's been confirmed Dylan is the one who sent it, ie cross referencing time of text, location at the time, and any video available. Dylan could've sent it, and made it to dad's, then something happened, but I bet LE's doing all they can to narrow the timeframe around what happened to Dylan.

I'm glad there's more info out now. If it's accurate, it gives us more info. If it doesn't match info LE has, it gives them info.

As someone else pointed out, with the info that some of Dylan's things were left at dad's, I'm surprised the idea that Dylan might've run away was entertained for so long, especially given the bike wasn't used. He apparently didn't bring much, so if he ran away, why would he have left anything?

Is dad saying the TV was left on, or when he turned it on, it was set to Nick? Ambiguous statements are frustrating!

So many questions in this case, and this article creates more, IMO.

I wish in one of these interviews, someone would ask Dad if Dylan was an avid texter and when he confirms that (as LE had stated Dylan was) ask dad, well then why didn't Dylan text anyone Mon?

Moo

Carried over from previous thread and added a link.

I assume that he would have brought only clean clothes with him, so those would not be as useful since they had been washed. Assuming he did not shower when he got there, and if he fell asleep by 8 p.m. he would most likely be wearing the same clothes he arrived in.
As far as the blanket over him, if he did not 'wallow around' in his sleep much, that blanket would not have a strong scent, either, because it may not have even touched his body, only what he was wearing. I don't find it odd that LE would ask the mom to bring some clothes that he had been wearing before he left, because, logically, those would have a stronger scent of Dylan than the clothes he brought with him or just a blanket thrown over him. Or maybe they wanted both.
Was there a pillow he laid on? That could be important, because it would probably have a few hairs, and possibly a good scent as well.

None of Dylan’s belongings that could carry his scent was available in the first days of the investigation.

http://durangoherald.com/article/20121126/NEWS01/121129702&template=mobileart

A couple of thoughts on why there were no usable scent samples at MR's house:

-- The bedding might contain scent particles from the dad, assuming neither the blanket nor pillowcase were freshly laundered before Dylan used them.

-- Dylan's worn clothing was placed in a laundry hamper with the father's.

In either case, mixed scent particles might disqualify the items as usable scent samples.

Answers to some questions about SAR and HRD canines can be found in WS Resource Center:

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - K9 SAR Questions & Answers - Ask the Pros!

K9 SAR Questions & Answers - Ask the Pros! - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

There was a post near the end of the last thread about fingerprints. My youngest is in 7th grade and every year since Pre-K he has received a small (drivers license size) card with his photo and name. There is a place on it for filling in his basic info and fingerprints (a kit is included). They are put out by Smile Safe Kids, NCMEC and Life Touch. The images are stored for a year and updated yearly when new school pics are taken.

Walmart Portrait Studios used to offer a sturdier card with the same info with their picture packages. I haven't used them in a while but my lil sis manages one so I am texting her to ask if that is still an option.

Carried over from previous thread and added a link.

None of Dylan’s belongings that could carry his scent was available in the first days of the investigation.

When someone sleeps, they are most likely going to lose hair.
Dylan had blonde hair, so it would be very fine in nature, but would still fall out. It would be on the sofa and most likely the blanket as well.
The best laid plans of killers are foiled by this.

Sounds like the police did a half-hearted job ... or they were not told anything about him sleeping on the couch on day one.
Being from Florida, I tend to believe it was a combination of both.

Mark said he tried texting Dylan all afternoon in an area with spotty cellphone service. When he didn't hear anything back by late afternoon, he went to Dylan's friend's house in Vallecito. That friend hadn't seen him.

Mark became alarmed and drove the 20 miles to Bayfield. Dylan's friends there hadn't seen him either. Mark called Elaine Redwine and went to the Bayfield Marshal's Office.
link

Did Dad try calling Dylan and/or his Vallecito and Bayfield friends, on either his cell or landline in between texts, or before driving over? If not, why not?

I also wish LE was looking for video/pix through the time dad drove to the Marshal's office, not just through noon on Mon.

Moo

In regards to the fingerprints....I was thinking that they there may be fingerprints from Dylan at the house on his things there....like his bike or any other things that might have been his...that MR doesn't usually touch or use.

BBM link

It looks like, per Dad, Dylan texted his Bayfield friends the night he arrived to change plans. I'd think LE has looked at what time they left the airport, were at Walmart and McDonald's, and when that text occurred. Since the article says Dylan asked after shopping and eating, but before the drive home, I wonder where/when the text occurred and if it's been confirmed Dylan is the one who sent it, ie cross referencing time of text, location at the time, and any video available. Dylan could've sent it, and made it to dad's, then something happened, but I bet LE's doing all they can to narrow the timeframe around what happened to Dylan.

I'm glad there's more info out now. If it's accurate, it gives us more info. If it doesn't match info LE has, it gives them info.

As someone else pointed out, with the info that some of Dylan's things were left at dad's, I'm surprised the idea that Dylan might've run away was entertained for so long, especially given the bike wasn't used. He apparently didn't bring much, so if he ran away, why would he have left anything?

Is dad saying the TV was left on, or when he turned it on, it was set to Nick? Ambiguous statements are frustrating!

So many questions in this case, and this article creates more, IMO.

I wish in one of these interviews, someone would ask Dad if Dylan was an avid texter and when he confirms that (as LE had stated Dylan was) ask dad, well then why didn't Dylan text anyone Mon?

Moo

All Walmarts have security cams. Even in a very rural place they would have them, so why does BENDER say after arriving in la plata co, we don't know what happened next, if they can confirm Dylan ws inside that walmart?

Anyone know if there is a short cut through the woods to get to his friends? Do people set animal traps ?

Dylan had asked his father whether he could go to his friends' that evening after they had shopped at Walmart and eaten at a McDonald's in Durango and before the 45-minute drive to Mark's home north of Vallecito Lake. Mark said he told his son it was too late. So Dylan texted friends in Bayfield, his father said, and made arrangements to meet them the next morning.

I just don't get it. From the looks of this, Dylan and his dad would have likely arrived home around 8pm at the earliest. Dylan was jazzed enough to want to meet up with his friends that night. But, when he was told he couldn't go until the following morning he....what?....went straight to bed at 8pm....on the couch....because he was suddenly just that tired??

It doesn't add up for me. One minute, Dylan is awake and energized enough to go out with friends for the night, the next minute he's so exhausted from staying up late the night before and traveling that he has to go to bed at 8pm. One of these things is not like the other.

http://www.canoncitydailyrecord.com/ci_22110078/dad-its-wait-wonder

There have been other cases where sex offenders who have never been caught, or who are registered somewhere other than where they are living, attack and abduct children.

It's very conceivable that an RSO registered in another city/state could have been staying with family or friends in Vallecito and abducted Dylan somehow, and his family or friends could be concealing from LE the fact that he was in the area.

Anyone know if there is a short cut through the woods to get to his friends? Do people set animal traps ?

It's about 15 miles from his dad's house to his friend's. So he wouldn't have walked there.

I just don't get it. From the looks of this, Dylan and his dad would have likely arrived home around 8pm at the earliest. Dylan was jazzed enough to want to meet up with his friends that night. But, when he was told he couldn't go until the following morning he....what?....went straight to bed at 8pm....on the couch....because he was suddenly just that tired??

It doesn't add up for me. One minute, Dylan is awake and energized enough to go out with friends for the night, the next minute he's so exhausted from staying up late the night before and traveling that he has to go to bed at 8pm. One of these things is not like the other.

http://www.canoncitydailyrecord.com/ci_22110078/dad-its-wait-wonder

If this is even true (I doubt MR's entire story), but I could see this as sort of a teenage tantrum. He wanted to be with his friends. If told he couldn't be with the friends, he's thinking something like "ok fine, I'll just go to bed, I don't want to spend any more time with Dad than I absolutely have to!" (I could see any of my boys doing this kind of thing if they didn't get their way).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jemabogado