CO- Dylan Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 November 2012 - #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hm. I think someone answered that Dylan was too young to require one in CO, but in another state, iirc, you could get a permit at Walmart. Maybe that was why Walmart?

Moo for now. If it becomes important, maybe I'll look up the info.

But Dylan wouldn't even need a permit at all.

In respect, I never meant anything about hitching a ride.
In my neck of the woods, we never see anybody trying to hitch a ride.

so sorry, no disrespect intended, i have just been trying to explain to people that hitchhiking is very common around here.

Happy Holidays! and for goodness sake, lets bring Dylan Redwine home before Christmas.

License for children under 12 or 13 out here use to be they had to be with a licensed adult. That's in certain areas here in AZ.

Thank you. Here is one I found also. It may already be listed here, but just in case: http://sor.state.co.us/?SOR=offender.detail

Link doesn't post right, but the name is R.R. Simpson, Jr. and he lives on County Road 500.

He had more than a 1000 printed pictures and hundreds of CD's :( So why isn't he in jail? He was busted in early 2009, at most 4 years ago. What was his sentence, I wonder? Did he even go to jail? :puke: I can't believe he is out and living in a community of people with children - this makes my stomach hurt!

He's the same one she was talking about. Number 13 on the bottom link.

But Dylan wouldn't even need a permit at all.

The father would have, though. They may have also needed stuff for fishing, or something that Dylan forgot at home.

I know when I go fishing on the Oregon coast, one of the first places I hit is the Fred Meyer (similar to a Walmart) to get a license and load up on stuff I forgot to bring with me.

very high odds! A girl from Russia was working at Durango Mountain Resort and hitched a ride back to Durango with a man in a truck. She was obviously victimized as she was so frightened she could not even speak of what happened to her on that ride.

The father would have, though. They may have also needed stuff for fishing, or something that Dylan forgot at home.

I know when I go fishing on the Oregon coast, one of the first places I hit is the Fred Meyer (similar to a Walmart) to get a license and load up on stuff I forgot to bring with me.

Father claims fishing pole was missing. Could that be a new pole they could have bought at Walmart?

Maybe you're thinking of this post detailing flight options from Denver? But dad made a point in that YouTube video to say it was a direct flight from COS-DRO. I was mainly just looking for a link to confirm the fam friend's statement that Dylan did indeed arrive between 6-6:30. Just thought with more info abt that night's activities, we could look further at timeframes and locations. :). I agree, they may still have been on the road at 8.

Moo

M: Um, I think probably sometime in early September, I had flown him over from Colorado Springs on a round trip ticket on that point so he came over here and probably spent three or four days with me and that. And then you know, we obviously got him back to the plane and got him back safely to his mom. And you know, in that case it was a transfer flight from the Durango airport or Denver airport leaving to Colorado Springs. And it was my goal to keep him on a direct flight or one that he never had to change planes on with because there was some controversy between mom and I about him being thirteen years old and being able to do those kinds of things. And so, you know, when I got the flight for him I made sure it was flight he could get on in Colorado...[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=8596261&postcount=31"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - CO CO - Dylan Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 Nov 2012 *Media , Maps & Timelines*[/ame]

It was his goal- maybe not an achievable one

Sleep, maybe get up and eat some breakfast and shower in preparation for a day out with friends. He is 13, and this is his hometown. I don't think it is strange for Dad to think it's okay to leave Dylan alone for a few hours in the morning when he wouldn't wake up to be taken to his friend's. (if Dad's story is indeed true.)

Just my opinion, not necessarily directed right at you jjenny, just jumping off of your post.

Aren't you excited to see your son? Why isn't all of your attention centered on him? Why are you doing these errands now? Why? Fours hours is a long time to be gone doing errands if you have your son visiting you and you requested that he come and then you leave? That doesn't make sense to me. It makes me feel bad for Dylan.

But it sure sounds like originally LE might have assumed Dylan did run away.
Which might explain some of their decisions. I understand why they might have assumed Dylan run away, but it cost them some time.

It surely did. IMO and MR said the same thing, yet he's been :censored: for saying the same thing. IMO

Please note: http://durangoherald.com/article/20121130/NEWS01/121139996/-1/s
Article Last Updated: Friday, November 30, 2012 8:48 pm

Redwine has given several cursory interviews in the past, but this was the first in-depth interview he has given, Shupe said.

No attorney was present for the interview, and Shupe said Redwine has not retained an attorney.

Redwine has been cooperating with authorities and has not been named a suspect or person of interest, Shupe said.

NOW MR has retained an attorney and I don't blame he one bit. I would have right from the get go. JMO

Something that has just occurred to me. We've heard about Dylan not wanting to go to his dad's and the fact that the visit was court ordered. How do we know he didn't want to go - is it just from the mum?

Because I was thinking, if Dylan's friends were his priority as has been said, and that he was so eager to see them, he wanted to go straight from the airport, and the fact that these were life-long friends of his who he didn't get to see since his mum moved away ........... then surely a trip to Dad's would be something welcomed by Dylan as he'd get to see his mates again.

I'm just wondering if too much focus has been put on the opinion that Dylan was forced to go on this trip against his will -maybe its been over-exaggerated? Because if I was 13 and had moved away from my best friends, I wouldn't be fussed where I had to stay, if I got the chance to spend a week with them.

you should probably make a map on google; i live in durango and this is hard to follow. thank you :)

basically i was wondering why MR didn't take Dylan to the friends and do his shopping when he went to Durango on monday.

very high odds! i girl from Russia, who was working at Durango Mountain Resort and hitched a ride back to Durango with a man in a truck. She was obviously victimized as she was so frightened she could not even speak of what happened to her on that ride.

Here's to hoping people in that area stop hitching for their own safety! :(

Moo

Thank you. Here is one I found also. It may already be listed here, but just in case: http://sor.state.co.us/?SOR=offender.detail

Link doesn't post right, but the name is R.R. Simpson, Jr. and he lives on County Road 500.

He had more than a 1000 printed pictures and hundreds of CD's :( So why isn't he in jail? He was busted in early 2009, at most 4 years ago. What was his sentence, I wonder? Did he even go to jail? :puke: I can't believe he is out and living in a community of people with children - this makes my stomach hurt!

Yes if you look at the different links there are different mugshots, so probably not his first time in trouble like that. As we all know unfortunately, most times these type of offenders will escalate!

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=8600956&postcount=649"]http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=8600956&postcount=649[/ame]

Aren't you excited to see your son? Why isn't all of your attention centered on him? Why are you doing these errands now? Why? Fours hours is a long time to be gone doing errands if you have your son visiting you and you requested that he come and then you leave? That doesn't make sense to me. It makes me feel bad for Dylan.

I guess it depends on the family. For example, in my family my parents would have found it important to spend time together throughout the week, but would still run errands, perhaps go to work, etc. In my husbands family, however, they would have been the type of parents to never leave their child's side for a moment the whole week.

I want to reiterate that I think we can speculate all we want but will not get any closer to understanding the family dynamic without further information.

JMO :)

You make a great point too Dixie. We have all been pretty rough on dad for taking off first thing. But Dylan did have plans first thing. Maybe it was go see your friends, I'll go get my errands done and we'll have the rest of the week together , free to do as we please ! TY for bringing that up !

I see nothing troubling in this at all. The fact that MR needed to do some errands, or that Dylan wanted to spend time with his friends, does not mean that there was a problem with their relationship.

I still would like to know if there were any phone calls on MR phone...as I have said in the past, if Dylan used it he could of called anyone to pick him up and with older siblings and even family in from out of town that sure does give LE alot of people to look at, if they haven't already. It could be friends of his brothers, his friends, there families, even people in the area from out of town visiting relatives, as well as people passing threw the area to go visit family during the holidays, just way to many people to really think about.....I just feel there could be alot said about MR phone records if it shows any calls to anyone during the time MR was in town...coming in or going out. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member