CO CO - Edna Quintana, 55, Saguache County, last seen on foot, 3 May 2023

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
From the article, per the bf she reportedly went hiking with:
“When he returned to the vehicle later in the day, Edna was missing, but her purse and cell phone were still with him. Edna was not reported missing for another three days when family members raised the alarm.”
BBM.
Well I find that frightening... esp. the bolded !
Just pointing that out. :(
Who saw her outside of the bf ?
Omo.

BBM.
Well I find that frightening... esp. the bolded !
Just pointing that out. :(
Who saw her outside of the bf ?
Omo.
I don’t believe it’s been mentioned in msm that she was seen by anyone else that day. I hope that anyone who may have seen her calls the tip line. Even if they saw the car at the trailhead and when etc would be helpful. With the lapse in reporting her missing imo Edna could be anywhere. I also am noodling on the hike. She was inexperienced, not really a hiker, how far away from the car was she when she decided to turn back.
Did anyone else see Edna and the bf on the hike etc. Still lots of questions. But the picture I believe is beginning to come into focus. Just imo

IMO this doesn't just smell hinky. It stinks something terrible. She supposedly went hiking which isn't normal for her, she leaves to go back to the car without her purse or cell phone, and still he goes on with his hike. What was she supposed to do when she got back at the car?

At the very least, I'd think LE would want to speak with the bf ?
Omo.
Agree @Chimera ! Hopefully they have had a long chat w bf as he was last to see her according to what we have read in msm
I can think of several other things that I hope LE has done also in reference to her missing but I think LE is keeping things buttoned up.
It has been several months with Edna gone. I do not believe she took off on her own and I suspect that she never went hiking, although I believe that possibly she and bf were in that hiking area. The bf may be just misremembering events of that 3-4 day period before Edna’s family reached out looking for her.
I wish we knew what type of hiking place it was - a park, or just trails or woods or hunting area too? I must have missed that detail.
With winter closing in I am anxious to have her found.
all jmo

The principal terrain where Edna went missing (off of County Road 46-AA, Saguache County) is pine/conifer forest, ranging from dense forest to more sparse. It's high, dry country. Almost no water. There are stretches with steep drop offs, but most of those have many fewer trees, so I'm sure they'd have seen her if she simply fell off the road or trail.

There are tons of trails - too many to search all of them. I can't even find good info on which section of County Road 46-AA her boyfriend says they were on. The road appears to dead in with a series of trails branching off from that parking lot.

I wish we knew more.

The principal terrain where Edna went missing (off of County Road 46-AA, Saguache County) is pine/conifer forest, ranging from dense forest to more sparse. It's high, dry country. Almost no water. There are stretches with steep drop offs, but most of those have many fewer trees, so I'm sure they'd have seen her if she simply fell off the road or trail.

There are tons of trails - too many to search all of them. I can't even find good info on which section of County Road 46-AA her boyfriend says they were on. The road appears to dead in with a series of trails branching off from that parking lot.

I wish we knew more.
Thanks for that info @10oRods. I guess it would take buses and buses of people brought in to search given the sparse population of that area. LE really needs a break on this case. Imo.

I have no idea if this is related to Edna but fyi just in case.

Saguache County Sheriff's Office
1h.@
There is a heavy police presence at Gunnison and 9th within the Town of Saguache. The activity will continue for the foreseeable future. This is an ongoing investigation, and details will be released when they become available. The Saguache County Sheriff's Office, along with CBI, Colorado State Patrol, Alamosa Sheriff's Office, and Center Police Department, are working the scene. The Sheriff's Office is asking the community to be patient during this time and avoid the area if possible. No further information is available at this time.

1697258037537.png

Gunnison Ave & 9th St
Saguache, CO 81149

For comparison, Edna was believed last seen near the foothills at County Road 46AA which Google indicates is about 10 miles West of 9th St/Gunnison Ave:

Gunnison Ave & 9th St
Saguache, CO 81149
straight_grey800_18dp.png

Head west on CO-114 W/Gunnison Ave toward Gunnison Ave

Continue to follow CO-114 W
cbk

1.0 mi
turn_left_grey800_18dp.png

Turn right onto County Rd 46AA
cbk

8.0 mi
turn_left_grey800_18dp.png

Turn right to stay on County Rd 46AA

1.1 mi

County Rd 46AA

Colorado

Last edited:
I have no idea if this is related to Edna but fyi just in case.

Saguache County Sheriff's Office
1h.@
There is a heavy police presence at Gunnison and 9th within the Town of Saguache. The activity will continue for the foreseeable future. This is an ongoing investigation, and details will be released when they become available. The Saguache County Sheriff's Office, along with CBI, Colorado State Patrol, Alamosa Sheriff's Office, and Center Police Department, are working the scene. The Sheriff's Office is asking the community to be patient during this time and avoid the area if possible. No further information is available at this time.
^^BBM

@waldojabba -- thanks for posting this. I'm not on FB and appreciate this.

I have to say reading "Alamosa Sheriff's Office" is what caught my attention and not in a good way. Adre "Psycho" Baroz is currently being tried for 5 murders in Alamosa without the recovery of the victims' bodies (police have theories and informant info on what happened to the bodies but IMO, there could be parts all over the region). The Walsh Hotel, AB's last known residence in Alamosa, burned down the weekend he was arrested. IMO, the hotel was a crime scene.

What I know for certain is AB has been the most moved jail inmate I've ever witnessed -- authorities seem careful not to let him stay in one jail too long. MOO

This boyfriend sure has a lot of questions to answer! Like, was Edna ever really there? Was he? Had they ever been known to hike together before? Why would Edna leave her purse and phone with him? Why on earth did he not worry when he returned to the car and she wasn't there? Seeing as he apparently had no trouble driving away, he had the car keys. So did he let her walk back to the car knowing she couldn't get in? If when she turned back he gave her the car keys, why did he keep her purse and phone? So when he finally got back to the car, is he saying that the keys were there, but she wasn't? Why didn't he report her missing then but apparently carried on normally? IMO there are no believable answers to these questions, it is a completely false story. Well, that is my opinion.

This boyfriend sure has a lot of questions to answer! Like, was Edna ever really there? Was he? Had they ever been known to hike together before? Why would Edna leave her purse and phone with him? Why on earth did he not worry when he returned to the car and she wasn't there? Seeing as he apparently had no trouble driving away, he had the car keys. So did he let her walk back to the car knowing she couldn't get in? If when she turned back he gave her the car keys, why did he keep her purse and phone? So when he finally got back to the car, is he saying that the keys were there, but she wasn't? Why didn't he report her missing then but apparently carried on normally? IMO there are no believable answers to these questions, it is a completely false story. Well, that is my opinion.
I completely agree. He’s spun a tall tale, but I have a gut feeling LE are onto him good. The question is, did he do it or someone else? No doubt there are a lot of phone pings that tell another story. He’s not a suspect like Patrick Frazee wasn’t a suspect…..until he was!

Exactly. So many glaring questions. I am hoping LE is just keeping things close to the vest but they have somethings figured out already.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cassie.ryan18
Back