CO CO - Elizabeth 'Beth' Miller, 14, Idaho Springs, 16 Aug 1983

Beth Miller, a high school student on summer break, went out for a morning jog on a bright August morning more than 15 years ago and never returned home.
The 14-year-old left her home in Idaho Springs, Colorado, around 10 a.m. on August 16, 1983. When she wasn't back that afternoon, her family called police.
Miller normally jogged in a nearby park. Investigators say she may have been seen last talking with a man who was behind the wheel of a red pickup truck with a white camper top and out-of-state license plates.
Immediately after Miller's disappearance, many red pickups were stopped but none could be linked to Miller's disappearance.
Miller was not carrying any cash or personal belongings. Family and friends say she always left a note for her parents if she planned to be gone long.
More at link..
http://www.cnn.com/2009/CRIME/01/20/grace.coldcase.miller/index.html

Colorado teen never returned from a morning jog.

Police had suspicions that an Ohio man may have been involved in Miller's abduction, but he was never charged.

A serial killer from Mississippi claimed he had killed Beth Miller, but police dismissed the lead because his story didn't add up.

The most credible lead focused on a New Mexico man named Edward Apodaca, who is now dead. His former girlfriend claimed that she had helped him bury Miller in the mountains near Idaho Springs, but when police searched with cadaver dogs and excavated the area, no remains were found.

Several sightings of women thought to be Beth Miller have been reported. In 1995, a woman who was picked up by police in Tampa, Florida, claimed she was Beth Miller. Miller's family flew down to meet the woman, only to find that she was not their daughter.

Colorado teen never returned from a morning jog.

In 1995, a woman who was picked up by police in Tampa, Florida, claimed she was Beth Miller. Miller's family flew down to meet the woman, only to find that she was not their daughter.

I can only imagine how cruel this was for Beth's parents.

Reminds me of that stupid woman who claimed she was the long lost daughter of the couple from Indiana. There's a special place in hell for people like that - right along with the sub-humans who torture animals.

Suzannec: I am so sorry to hear about your sister. Where did she go missing from?

I looked up all the links that Gina_M posted, but I couldn't find out if a match was made on the DNA. The only recent news was about the Grand Jury that is now investigating the case.

Here is the thread on Tammy Lynn Leppert, Suzanne's sister

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10795

Bump for Beth.

Beth has been missing 27 years today. Come home soon.

None that I could find. A shame this was hampered from the start:

Insiders believe the case hinges on Edward Apodaca, a politically connected former cop who was slain in 1990, and his girlfriend, Viola Moya, who twice confessed being involved with Miller's disappearance to investigators but later recanted.

It's pretty obvious who did this given the stories that have come out but I don't think it will be "resolved" ever unfortunately.

Yeah, what is going on with the DNA. IS Viola in jail? Did Edward patrol the area where Beth lived?

Unsolved: The disappearance of Beth Miller

http://www.9news.com/news/investigations/colorado-cold-cases-the-disappearance-of-beth-miller/401054076

Beth Miller had just turned 14 the day she went jogging in the small mountain town west of Denver.

She usually jogged with her sister, but not on this day. It was Aug. 16, 1983. Beth never came home, and hasn’t been seen since.

Some witnesses saw her talking to a man in a red pickup truck, but police never found the right truck. In the days and weeks that followed, hundreds of volunteers on foot and horseback searched for her. Her dad was on TV pleading for information.

It didn’t help.

To this day, no one knows what happened to Beth Miller, even though there have been a ton of tips, theories, suspects and sightings. None has panned out. But investigators are not giving up.

"Teenager Elizabeth Ann Miller went jogging 36 years ago Friday in Idaho Springs and disappeared into the thin mountain air. The 14-year-old girl’s bones have not been found after volunteers have searched thousands of gold and silver mine shafts in the area.

It’s a mystery that has been investigated by scores of law enforcement professionals including Clear Creek County sheriff’s deputies and Colorado Bureau of Investigation and FBI agents.

“That’s a tough case,” Undersheriff Bruce Snelling of the Clear Creek County Sheriff’s Office told The Denver Post in a previous interview about the case. “We have received a ton of tips. That case is always perused by us.” Over the years, many suspects have been identified but without the body it’s tough to charge anyone, Snelling has said.

The following is a compilation of accounts from the missing girl’s friends, family members and law enforcement officers gleaned from dozens of local news stories over the span of decades."

Colorado cold case: Elizabeth Ann Miller

On Aug. 16, 1983, 14-year-old Beth Miller went for a morning jog in her hometown of Idaho Springs, just west of Denver. She never came home and hasn't been seen since. Witnesses claimed to have seen Miller talking to a man in a red pickup truck, but the alleged truck was never found by law enforcement, according to 9News.

Missing children: 8 Colorado kids who vanished without a trace

636220571243632913-BethMill.jpg

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77