Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 **ARREST** #31

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting!

For the record, Deputy DA Allen is running for the 4th Judicial DA seat Dan May is vacating this fall.
Also, Dan May has endorsed him, which tells us a lot about this man's qualifications:
El Paso County's 4th Judicial District Attorney's race about to get more crowded

Having just watched this Q & A with reporters, my initial impressions of this prosecutor are quite favorable.

Admittedly, I was hoping to see Dan May at the courthouse today, but the reality is that he'll be out of office by the time this case goes to trial.

I'm sure Dan has been and will continue to maintain an active leadership role in building the prosecution case against TS right up until the day he leaves office.
He's still the boss.
I remain a huge fan of Dan May. Such a brilliant, brilliant man.
My sense is that he's going to be less visible to the public eye in this case than he was in the Kelsey case, though.

I think we're going to be seeing Michael Allen front and center, both in court appearances and at most, if not all, of the press conferences the DA's office holds moving forward.

His style is a bit different than Dan's, but in terms of substance, the two men are clearly kindred spirits.

I loved his comments re: it being way too premature to talk about whether or not they'd make a deal w/ TS in exchange for Gannon's location.

I also liked his statements at the end r/t the death penalty, and the fact that he's disappointed it's going away in CO.

I suspect he's going to grow on us, once we get used to his delivery style.

Except for TS, of course…he probably won't grow on her.
I don't think she's going to end up being a huge fan of his work.

YAY for Michael Allen!

Thank you @GordianKnot for talking me down off the ledge with your post. I know today's hearing wasn't much, but I just need reassurance that this case is in good hands. Your right, Dan May is still involved & trusts Michael Allen!

I have no doubt that we will learn that she had a pattern of abusive behavior. This didn’t come out of nowhere, and she’s revealing herself to be more terrifying by the day.

We’re starting to see the whole picture now.
Now that we know she just attacked a deputy, it makes her meek posture in the extradition hearing even more creepy. "Oh, don't mind little, old, timid me" while I slip out of my cuffs and try to throttle you from behind (or whatever exactly she did to the deputy...) :eek:

I'm less concerned about his 'presser' being streamed live than the fact that it was a nothing burger, less than a nothing burger and less than Sheriff dept statements which state they definitively have NOT located Gannon's body.
A permit was granted for one station to livestream and the link to that was posted earlier, they all expected subsequently to be granted permits and they all tweeted in anticipation.
He owes us nothing. We aren’t entitled to know the details of the case, especially when those details can jeopardize that.

The affidavit is sealed, and this press conference was completely standard.

We’ll agree to disagree, but this case is too important for this guy to screw up by saying too much to the media.

She sure sounds like a seasoned criminal. Not sure how you can slip out of handcuffs, as far as I know those things are usually pretty tight around your wrists.. unless of course you go breaking your thumbs or know how to open them.

I wonder if they weren't overly tight for the long trip. Can you imagine the whining from the backseat?

Also, I'm guessing protocol required the officer to be seen at the hospital as it would have been a work related injury, even if they were physically okay.

BBM- This has been my feeling for the past few days. When I listened to him answer that question, my heart jumped.

IMO- I feel they may have already found Gannon and are keeping it quiet until her actual hearing next week.
I can only think of 2 reasons for them not saying anything at all about any searches--
1. They have already found him
2. They are still searching but not disclosing it to the public.
Just my thoughts today.
Wow, this sounds pretty reasonable to me!!!!!!

My thoughts go out to the officer that got injured just doing their job. I hope they were not harmed too badly. See an inmate has the upper hand, they KNOW what they are going to do, you don't, so that is why you must never get complacent. Not saying that this Officer did, with one hand cuffed and the other hanging if not locked they can be quite a weapon. I will say again, most transport companies have lock boxes, so I do believe you sleuthers that think it was for a potty break are spot on. Obviously the officer was strong enough although injured to get control of her inmate. I truly hope she or he has learned if they are whining about the cuffs being too tight, too bad. I wonder if she broke her thumb to get out or if they kept them looser due to the boxes. I honestly feel so bad for this officer, first the assault, then the embarrassing report and debriefing, then the pain from being injured. My heart goes out to them. IMHO

I have no doubt that we will learn that she had a pattern of abusive behavior. This didn’t come out of nowhere, and she’s revealing herself to be more terrifying by the day.

We’re starting to see the whole picture now.

I'm surprised that it has taken her this long in life to become completely undone. Too bad she couldn't have done it before she met AS.

Its NOT!!

My brother in law is LE. You can't get out of them, UNLESS you know deceptive measures. He said if she knows how to get out of cuffs, she knows a €%÷×=:\#÷ lot more than you know!
I would think so because given her charges they surely have very specific safety/security protocols when transferring her.

She is still in control if she doesn't disclose where his body is. It is an arrogance but also a way to say no body, no crime. Many try that as a defense and it allows them to continue spout their innocence to anyone who might believe them.

I feel that she enjoys terrorizing his mother and father. Each day, Gannon isn't found is one more day that she has a dagger in their heart.

Lastly, it would be to her benefit in this case to have him not found or found months or years later. Valuable evidence will degrade overtime. Once again, she could claim that it wasn't her and LE is framing her.

Definitely a sociopath.
kaen, yes she enjoys terrorizing his mother and father. My guess is she enjoyed terrorizing Gannon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bekakay420