Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 **ARREST** #33

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by imstilla.grandma, Jan 28, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. imstilla.grandma

imstilla.grandma Believer of Miracles

upload_2020-1-28_17-10-59.jpeg
    The El Paso County Sheriff's Office is searching for 11-year-old boy who ran away from home.
    He was wearing a blue jacket and jeans when he left his house.

He is 4'9" and weights 90 pounds.

Anyone with information is asked to call (719) 390-5555.
    El Paso County Sheriff's Office asking for help finding missing 11-year-old boy

Gannon Stauch of Colorado Springs left home on foot around 3:15 p.m. to go play at a friend's house, his parents say, but never came home.

Gannon was wearing a blue hoodie, blue jeans and tennis shoes when he went missing. He has brown hair with brown eyes and weighs 90 pounds.
    The EPC Sheriff's Office is asking you to call 719-390-5555 if you have seen Gannon or know of his whereabouts.‬
    El Paso County Sheriff's Office asking for help finding missing 11-year-old boy

The last known sighting of Stauch was Monday afternoon between 3 and 4 p.m. in the Lorson Ranch neighborhood at his home. He lives along Mandan Drive east of Colorado Springs near Fontaine Boulevard and Marksheffel. He was reportedly going to visit his friend a few streets away.
    upload_2020-1-28_17-22-40.jpeg
    Gannon's father is a member of the National Guard, and the Guard is assisting with search efforts.

Due to his age and expected weather, the Major Crimes Unit is assisting in the search because they have more tools at their disposal.
    MISSING: 11-year-old Colorado boy, missing for more than 24 hours

MEDIA MAPS & TIMELINE - *NO DISCUSSION THREAD*

LINK TO AMANDARECKONWITH'S CASE ARCHIVE

Thread #1
    Thread #2 Thread #3
    Thread #4 Thread #5 Thread #6 Thread #7
    Thread #8 Thread #9 Thread #10
    Thread #11
    Thread #12 Thread #13 Thread #14 Thread #15 Thread #16 Thread #17 Thread #18 Thread #19 Thread #20 Thread #21
    Thread #22 Thread #23
    Thread #24 Thread #25 Thread #26 Thread #27 Thread #28
    Thread #29 Thread #30 Thread #31

Thread #32

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 7, 2020

2. CocoChanel

CocoChanel Administrator Staff Member Administrator Moderator

MOD NOTE:
    PLEASE DO NOT DISCUSS PETCO, CARPETS, VIDEOS FROM FACEBOOK, OR ANYTHING THAT HAS NOT BEEN PUBLISHED IN MSM OR LE STATEMENTS. IF YOU CAN’T PROVIDE A LINK THAT IS MSM OR LE, YOU CAN’T BRING IT HERE.

ALSO, IT IS A VIOLATION OF TOS TO REQUEST/SOLICIT/DISCUSS PRIVATE MESSAGES.

THANK YOU TO ALL FOR YOUR CONTINUING EFFORTS TO BE RESPECTFUL ND RESPONSIBLE MEMBERS OF WEBSLEUTHS.

CocoChanel

3. Sillybilly

Sillybilly Administrator Staff Member Administrator

ADMIN NOTE:

This post lands at random.

It is against Websleuths TOS to be rude toward or personalize against members, whether individually or collectively.

Differing opinions are welcome at WS, but they should be based on some known fact from MSM or LE rather than simply making accusations (whether against members, neighbours, or LE) with no facts to substantiate.

Please do not name call or ridicule members for strongly anticipating a negative outcome in this case when, after 7,000 investigative hours, there is still no sign of Gannon being alive. Websleuths members have a lot of collective wisdom, knowledge and experience in these types of scenarios. Common sense tell members that Dan May does not show up for a runaway kid, LE does not have crime lab techs going through a house or LE digging endlessly through snowbanks if they think, or are wanting the public to think, they are looking for a live runaway.

Thanks.

4. Sillybilly

Sillybilly Administrator Staff Member Administrator

The True Crime Society blog is not an approved source. There is info there that has already been discounted by LE.

Please stick to MSM or WS approved sources. If in doubt, check with a Mod or Admin before posting so we can avoid unreliable sources and misinformation.

Thanks.

5. perception≠reality

perception≠reality Well-Known Member

I’m now genuinely confused. Once LS was arrested, a mod came in and said her fb and things posted from her Facebook were fair game.

I understand other fb info, rumors, etc..are not allowed, and I cannot go back and search the previous threads-but I know for sure a mod said sleuthing LS and LS Facebook was fair game now that she was arrested.

I thought I was 100% clear on the rules, not sleuthing family members, etc...but now I am super lost.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2020
    Shekkiec, Pink2017, FNG and 30 others like this.
  6. Angels27

Angels27 Well-Known Member

Stauch's next court hearing is at 4 p.m. on March 11 for a first appearance before a judge where she will formally be charged.

Might we find out probably cause on Wednesday?

7. kittythehare

kittythehare Well-Known Member

I think that is unlikely.
    It could be quite some time because defense have requested everything but have agreed to seal it from public, from everyone but themselves.

8. MassGuy

MassGuy The Monsters Aren’t The Ones Beneath The Bed

It’s certainly possible. I think it all depends on whether the prosecution drops their objection to its release, as we know where the defense stands.

I imagine there could be a response filed by the prosecution by as early as Monday.

9. Angels27

Angels27 Well-Known Member

Does anyone know if she actually put those 960 miles on the rental car herself for sure or not?

10. Jupiter05

Jupiter05 Well-Known Member

I prefer to fall back, but I have no choice!

11. GRT

GRT Well-Known Member

Darn it. I missed all that. I found this site looking for a cold case near me and then found Gannon's story and fell in deep! I wish I could have seen the things LS posted. I did watch the video and it made my blood run cold. I knew at that moment in my heart that she killed him.

Pink2017, jowens73, CalmSeas and 4 others like this.
  12. Trocroc9

Trocroc9 Well-Known Member

February 15th - it was in the evening when I grabbed it. Her fb was only open for a very short time.

13. Pavelsky

Pavelsky Well-Known Member

Regardless stop and say a prayer for this person who is gone from this earth! I am sorry for this person and for the loss for this particular family! I will hit the pause to reflect on your family's sadness......

14. imstilla.grandma

imstilla.grandma Believer of Miracles

BBM
    TIMELINE:

January 27: Gannon's stepmom, Letecia, reports Gannon missing. Letecia reportedly told investigators that Gannon was last seen that afternoon as he left to go to a friend's house. The El Paso County Sheriff's Office labeled Gannon as a "runaway" child.

January 29: News 5 Investigates receives a credible tip from law enforcement sources, alerting us that Gannon was not a runaway child and foul play is suspected. Our sources disclosed that Gannon's stepmom was considered a prime suspect. As part of our fact-checking process, Chief Investigative Reporter Eric Ross reached out to Jacqueline Kirby, the media relations manager for the El Paso County Sheriff's Office along with Sergeant Deborah Mynatt, a spokesperson for the office.

"We will not be confirming any information that you have in your email," Kirby said. "This is an active ongoing investigation in the search for an 11-year-old boy. Any information prematurely released that has not been confirmed by the El Paso County Sheriff's Office would greatly hinder this investigation and would be very irresponsible journalism."

January 30: The El Paso County Sheriff's Office decided to upgrade the investigation to a "missing and endangered child" case.

January 31: The El Paso County Sheriff's Office publicly asks for volunteers to register with their Incident Command team to coordinate search areas.

February 1: Children in Gannon's Lorson Ranch neighborhood come together to pray for Gannon's safe return.

February 2: Gannon's neighbor, Roderick Drayton releases surveillance video which reportedly shows Gannon's stepmom, Letecia, leaving with Gannon and then returning home without him. This video contradicts the initial statements Letecia reportedly made to investigators.

February 3: Investigators from the El Paso County Sheriff's Office and crime lab technicians were spotted searching for evidence at the Stauch family home.

February 5: Gannon's father and biological mother release an emotional video plea for information related to Gannon's disappearance. This video plea was shared by local news outlets and the El Paso County Sheriff's Office.

February 28: Court records show investigators sought an arrest warrant for Letecia Stauch, Gannon's stepmom.

March 2: The El Paso County Sheriff's Office announced the arrest of Letecia Stauch.
    TIMELINE: From Gannon's disappearance to an arrest

15. lucidtx

lucidtx Western CO

This timeline from EPSCO has Major Crimes taking responsibility of the case on Tues 1/28 at 12:29 PM.

Twitter

It may be standard procedure to have MCU handle runaway child cases, but I doubt it.

Edit: sorry, that timeline just says Investigative Division, but this other press release specifically says MCU took the case on 1/28.

Arrest Made in Gannon Stauch Case

16. jillycat

jillycat Well-Known Member

I think MSM is the last place LE would look to share anything they don’t want made public. What would be the point? We’ve seen how the media decided not to publish and then published. After they went beating on doors in the neighborhood and went to the work place of RD.

RANCH, fcavanaugh, Murphy1950 and 4 others like this.
  17. 10ofRods

10ofRods Verified Anthropologist

Although, as noted above, the FBI may not have been so certain on day 2-3.

fcavanaugh likes this.
  18. kittythehare

kittythehare Well-Known Member

I'm really anti diagnosing people we don't know with diseases we know something about.
    She might just be an evil baaad batch.
    They do exist and fill every kind of psych criteria, the seven deadly sins and every devil in hell's criteria. Sometimes all at the same time...

19. Moosepunk

Moosepunk “The axe forgets, but the tree remembers”

Nope... we may not know until much later or possibly when body is found. For now it seems to be a personal feeling/past dealings with rental agencies whether or not you believe the receipt.

susiQ, fcavanaugh, crhedBngr and 6 others like this.
  20. 10ofRods

10ofRods Verified Anthropologist

It's been reported. KOAA is standing behind it (and clearly, they've had some inside information all along) I trust the reporter on this one. They were asked to stay quiet and the FBI apparently acquiesced because it fit whatever game plan they had.

But, inside LE, they knew.

It was not a "post," it's in our Media thread. It was a tip that the news agency thought was verified. I'll leave it at that. But it's definitely not a post - it's MSM.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.